Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,485 members, 7,826,833 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

Why You Don't Have A Girlfriend - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why You Don't Have A Girlfriend (5171 Views)

Don't Have Sex With A Girl You Cannot Marry As Wife / At Age 24 I Don't Have A Girlfriend, Have Not Been Loved By Any Girl / See A Secret Cake A Girlfriend Sent To Married Lover To Wreck His Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Don't Have A Girlfriend by delectablegyal(f): 1:02pm On Oct 21, 2015
1. You go overboard with gifts
Unless you are in a steady relationship with a woman, it is better to avoid lavishing extravagant gifts on her - especially on the first few dates. If you turn up with a gift-wrapped diamond brooch or an exotic arrangement of orchids for her when you barely know each other, more likely than not she will be embarrassed at your over-the-top gestures. At worst, she is likely to get suspicious of your real intentions and feel that you are trying to buy her affections. Even if she is the kind of girl who can be hooked only by attractive gifts, consider if this is the right reason you want to have a partner for. So keep it subtle on the first few dates and let your gifts convey your thoughts for the person rather than be an excuse to show off your finances.

2. You come off as desperate
At the other extreme of unattractive male behavior is a desperate attempt to make a girl like you. You probably have been told that women are looking for guys who are sensitive, responsible, financially responsible and with a sense of humor too. However parroting these lines before her and repeating ad infinitum about the times you agreed to babysit your nephew or take the stray cat to the vet will hardly convince a woman to be your girlfriend. Rather she will suspect that you are trying too hard to win her and this will put her off. Instead focus on expressing your qualities through actions; also women are more wired to emotions, therefore it is how you act and make her feel that will determine her interest in you.

3. You are too nice a guy
Sometimes men despite being supportive and giving in a relationship find it difficult to keep a girlfriend – if you are one of these, probably you are being too nice and letting yourself being taken for granted. In order to get a woman to like you, it is not necessary that you turn yourself into a doormat and accommodate all her wishes. If she wants to fix up a date at an hour’s notice and you have an important meeting fixed for the evening, by all means tell her that you are unavailable. At the end of the day what a woman is really looking for is a guy who she can respect and admire and if you constantly put her needs ahead of yours, you will come off as unimportant and hence forgettable.

4. Getting too close too quickly
Women on the whole like to be sure of a guy before getting intimate with him. So one of the most common reasons why they reject a guy as a potential partner is because he tries to get physical with a girl before she has given a hint that she would like him to do so. Brushing past against a girl repeatedly, groping for her waist/hand, or kissing on the mouth without being invited to, are common goof-ups by men who think that they will come off as being sexy and desirable if they try to get physical with their partners. In fact they merely come off as annoying and desperate.

Add urs.

1 Like

Re: Why You Don't Have A Girlfriend by LifeIsGuhd(f): 1:03pm On Oct 21, 2015
Does it apply to why I do not have a boyfriend? angry

6 Likes

Re: Why You Don't Have A Girlfriend by donTbone(m): 1:03pm On Oct 21, 2015
Having in mind not to get a girl friend yet! tongue
Re: Why You Don't Have A Girlfriend by yomi007k(m): 1:08pm On Oct 21, 2015
5. Just don't wana have one. grin
Re: Why You Don't Have A Girlfriend by delectablegyal(f): 1:08pm On Oct 21, 2015
LifeIsGuhd:

Read it backward, it will apply.

You don't have a b.f cos u r after money.

Check her latest thread.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why You Don't Have A Girlfriend by Nobody: 1:10pm On Oct 21, 2015
My girlfriend school abroad while I school here kiss
Re: Why You Don't Have A Girlfriend by faith551(m): 1:13pm On Oct 21, 2015
op I dnt do any of those stuffs you mentioned above but am still single cry
Re: Why You Don't Have A Girlfriend by LifeIsGuhd(f): 1:22pm On Oct 21, 2015
delectablegyal:

Read it backward, it will apply.

You don't have a b.f cos u r after money.

Check her latest thread.

Alright grin I will do just that

Btw... you call that latest? angry do you even have a calendar?

If perhaps you opened the thread you would know it's just a thread in response to some other thread created and that doesn't show my personal view on it

However! I will still stick to your advice grin
Re: Why You Don't Have A Girlfriend by Barblow(m): 1:27pm On Oct 21, 2015
Not Confidence Enough/Having low self-esteem

2 Likes

Re: Why You Don't Have A Girlfriend by NickHoward(m): 1:33pm On Oct 21, 2015
Women who overlook physical appearance are hard to come by

1 Like

Re: Why You Don't Have A Girlfriend by Deejay1000(m): 2:12pm On Oct 21, 2015
I dnt hv any of those traits d op listed above bt am stil single
btw am kind of nice thouqh
Re: Why You Don't Have A Girlfriend by timmyblast(m): 3:01pm On Oct 21, 2015
I don't agree, cos am a victim and those are not the cause
Re: Why You Don't Have A Girlfriend by xtervaganza(m): 3:19pm On Oct 21, 2015
LifeIsGuhd:
lol
Re: Why You Don't Have A Girlfriend by LifeIsGuhd(f): 3:21pm On Oct 21, 2015
Re: Why You Don't Have A Girlfriend by goldengunman: 6:10pm On Oct 21, 2015
LifeIsGuhd:
. U dont v a boy friend?
Re: Why You Don't Have A Girlfriend by Rhesusmonkey(m): 6:25pm On Oct 21, 2015
Probably cos am not done being a player, or shud I say am used to playa playa kind of life, making it hard 2 kip a gal, and I think I nid God's help. pls don't gerrit twisted!
Re: Why You Don't Have A Girlfriend by LifeIsGuhd(f): 6:57pm On Oct 21, 2015
goldengunman:
. U dont v a boy friend?
Yes angry
Re: Why You Don't Have A Girlfriend by kokoA(m): 7:10pm On Oct 21, 2015
They become unattractive after sex.

1 Like

Re: Why You Don't Have A Girlfriend by Nobody: 9:59pm On Oct 21, 2015
I don't have a girlfriend because I'm not into girls. I prefer mature women, not these indomie slurping bimbos strutting our streets

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Don't Have A Girlfriend by goldengunman: 10:08pm On Oct 21, 2015
LifeIsGuhd:

Yes angry
i have some guys that needs gf, u can apply, wait o, what's ur selling point
Re: Why You Don't Have A Girlfriend by Omogbenusola(m): 10:51pm On Oct 21, 2015
LifeIsGuhd:

Dats nt true if yr profile pix is true
Re: Why You Don't Have A Girlfriend by Nobody: 10:57pm On Oct 21, 2015
delectablegyal:
1. You go overboard with gifts
Unless you are in a steady relationship with a woman, it is better to avoid lavishing extravagant gifts on her - especially on the first few dates. If you turn up with a gift-wrapped diamond brooch or an exotic arrangement of orchids for her when you barely know each other, more likely than not she will be embarrassed at your over-the-top gestures. At worst, she is likely to get suspicious of your real intentions and feel that you are trying to buy her affections. Even if she is the kind of girl who can be hooked only by attractive gifts, consider if this is the right reason you want to have a partner for. So keep it subtle on the first few dates and let your gifts convey your thoughts for the person rather than be an excuse to show off your finances.

2. You come off as desperate
At the other extreme of unattractive male behavior is a desperate attempt to make a girl like you. You probably have been told that women are looking for guys who are sensitive, responsible, financially responsible and with a sense of humor too. However parroting these lines before her and repeating ad infinitum about the times you agreed to babysit your nephew or take the stray cat to the vet will hardly convince a woman to be your girlfriend. Rather she will suspect that you are trying too hard to win her and this will put her off. Instead focus on expressing your qualities through actions; also women are more wired to emotions, therefore it is how you act and make her feel that will determine her interest in you.

3. You are too nice a guy
Sometimes men despite being supportive and giving in a relationship find it difficult to keep a girlfriend – if you are one of these, probably you are being too nice and letting yourself being taken for granted. In order to get a woman to like you, it is not necessary that you turn yourself into a doormat and accommodate all her wishes. If she wants to fix up a date at an hour’s notice and you have an important meeting fixed for the evening, by all means tell her that you are unavailable. At the end of the day what a woman is really looking for is a guy who she can respect and admire and if you constantly put her needs ahead of yours, you will come off as unimportant and hence forgettable.

4. Getting too close too quickly
Women on the whole like to be sure of a guy before getting intimate with him. So one of the most common reasons why they reject a guy as a potential partner is because he tries to get physical with a girl before she has given a hint that she would like him to do so. Brushing past against a girl repeatedly, groping for her waist/hand, or kissing on the mouth without being invited to, are common goof-ups by men who think that they will come off as being sexy and desirable if they try to get physical with their partners. In fact they merely come off as annoying and desperate.

Add urs.

Number 2 is so ebudox....
desperado lomoyen!
Re: Why You Don't Have A Girlfriend by Nobody: 11:00pm On Oct 21, 2015
halfrica:

desperado lomoyen!
Your mention woke me up.. sad. I'm in panti
Re: Why You Don't Have A Girlfriend by Macgreat(m): 11:09pm On Oct 21, 2015
a girlfriend mba I have too many girlfriends.
Re: Why You Don't Have A Girlfriend by Nobody: 11:13pm On Oct 21, 2015
EbuDox:

Your mention woke me up.. sad. I'm in panti

Here comes a glorified male whoore u welcome!

Continue ur stupidity from whr u stoped nl server missed ur virus nd fungal posts!
Re: Why You Don't Have A Girlfriend by Nobody: 11:16pm On Oct 21, 2015
halfrica:

Here comes a glorified male whoore u welcome!

Continue ur stupidity from whr u stoped nl server missed ur virus viral nd fungal posts!
Virus and fungi?.. Are you a mycologist?
Re: Why You Don't Have A Girlfriend by Nobody: 11:18pm On Oct 21, 2015
EbuDox:

Virus and fungi?.. Are you a mycologist?

No m ur latest disaster!

Chai if i was a mycologist i wud av flushed u out from existence !!!!
Re: Why You Don't Have A Girlfriend by Nobody: 11:24pm On Oct 21, 2015
halfrica:

No m ur latest disaster!

Chai if i was a mycologist i wud av flushed u out from existence !!!!
Do mycologist flush out fungi?.. Prof Wendy Untreiner from Brandon University,Canada doesn't do that.. They only culture fungi
Re: Why You Don't Have A Girlfriend by Nobody: 11:26pm On Oct 21, 2015
EbuDox:

Do mycologist flush out fungi?.. Prof Wendy Untreiner from Brandon University,Canada doesn't do that.. They only culture fungi

m not dododanwa o! Abeg angry

Pele ti e o happy for u!
Atleast u manage to kno sumtim sha
Re: Why You Don't Have A Girlfriend by delectablegyal(f): 11:58pm On Oct 21, 2015
halfrica:

desperado lomoyen!

na why u no gree for the guy?
Re: Why You Don't Have A Girlfriend by Nobody: 12:02am On Oct 22, 2015
delectablegyal:

na why u no gree for the guy?

He is fustrating me embarassed
Re: Why You Don't Have A Girlfriend by delectablegyal(f): 12:07am On Oct 22, 2015
halfrica:

He is fustrating me embarassed

did u ask him what he sees in u dat is making him go haywire? What was his response?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Help A Confused Sister Ooo / Advantages Of Dating A Slim Fitted Girl. / Girls, Are You Attracted To Guys With Big Eyes Or Small Eyes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.