Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,257 members, 7,822,311 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:52 AM

What Does The South West Offer Nigeria - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Does The South West Offer Nigeria (33478 Views)

Jonathan Still Has So Much To Offer Nigeria – Fani-kayode / Current Status Of Workers Salaries In South West Nigeria / Niger Delta Have Nothing To Offer Nigeria Anymore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does The South West Offer Nigeria by pazienza(m): 11:01pm On Oct 21, 2015
Onijagidijagan:

how old are u? can u exclude Anambra state or Enugu state frm d eastern part for any reason? do u know how many towns that are in Lagos state alone headed by kings? do ur lagooner think Lagos State is just a town? why excluding the whole frm ur points.
Lagos, Oyo, Ondo,Ogun, Kwara are not landlock that's a blessing alone to South west. means they can also be Lagos

The question should have been what has South east offered Nigeria? which is nothing but a cursed erosion damaged sands.

Click here; www.nairaland.com/2521578/nigerian-states-what-produce

The lies in that your thread were roundly debunked and eviscerated by an Igbo man of Asaba origin here. www.nairaland.com/2522113/omitted-truth-debunking-lies...nigeria-states

It was so bad that I became embarrassed on you people's behalf.

2 Likes

Re: What Does The South West Offer Nigeria by aresa: 11:03pm On Oct 21, 2015
WIZGUY69:

So Oluyole industrial estate is dead? grin the industries in Ikeja etc are dead? grin
Seems you don't know the difference between industrial estates & markets.
just keep rewriting history to suit yourself, it's a free world buddy wink grin

Oluyole industrial estate is dead, but the worlds largest consumer product manufacturers aka Procter And Gamble built a factory in the same Oluyole Industrial...

http://www.pg.com/en_NG/contact_us.shtml

I tell you, these empty and shallow chest beaters are comedians.. grin

5 Likes

Re: What Does The South West Offer Nigeria by ChimaAdeoye: 11:03pm On Oct 21, 2015
kettykin:
Hello all,aside the oil industry mining oil resources in niger delta and the banks owned by majority delta igbos but by some reasons are located in lagos.

What really does the south west offer Nigeria.

[size=18pt]yoruba offers Deceit and Fraud[/size]
Re: What Does The South West Offer Nigeria by omonnakoda: 11:04pm On Oct 21, 2015
ezeagu:

1. No, but that's not an excuse.

2. Other regions were busy having the largest markets in Africa, being the best at agriculture, or simply filing the upper ranks of the military and civil service.

There is no excuse why another Cocoa house wasn't built, apart from the missing presence of the British. I'm not saying you can't do it on your own, I'm saying that that was the situation.

Cocoa House was commissioned in 1965 by Akintola it had NOTHING to do with the British so stop spewing your hateful ad moribund ideas.What do you mean by largest market? You can bully younger ones with your lies but pray tell how you had a so called largest market when there was not even a Niger Bridge? What exactly was being sold in this market and who went there to shop. The problem with you folk is you cannot distinguish between your desires and reality.

Best at agriculture ?? really on what measure or with which evidence . This is the digital age old man not the age where you just manufacture any kind of lie and pass off as you would on the village ilo. There was no SW or SE there was an East and west until the Midwest was carved out before the coup So who actually was BEST at agriculture? The main product from the East was palm oil which was also produced in the Western region as the Colonial reports show in much detail dating back to 1895. http://libsysdigi.library.illinois.edu/ilharvest/Africana/Books2011-05/3064634/3064634_1898_lagos/3064634_1898_lagos_opt.pdf

So if you are comparing what exactly are you comparing East to West or what. There never was a time when the area in the SE was best at agriculture. First it is a relatively tiny space compared e.g to the SS or the SW and more importantly it is not a fertile land relatively. The more productive parts of the East were Rivers and the old South Eastern State

11 Likes

Re: What Does The South West Offer Nigeria by ezeagu(m): 11:05pm On Oct 21, 2015
aresa:

Oluyole industrial estate is dead, but the worlds largest consumer product manufacturers aka Procter And Gamble built a factory in the same Oluyole Industrial...

Still not the first industry in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: What Does The South West Offer Nigeria by pazienza(m): 11:13pm On Oct 21, 2015
omonnakoda:

Cocoa House as commissioned in 1965 by Akintola it had NOTHING to do with the British so stop spewing your hateful ad moribund ideas.What do you mean by largest market? You can bully younger ones with your lies but pray tell how you had a so called largest market when there was not even a Niger Bridge? What exactly was being sold in this market and who went there to shop. The problem with you folk is you cannot distinguish between your desires and reality.

Best at agriculture ?? really on what measure or with which evidence . This is the digital age old man not the age where you just manufacture any kind of lie and pass of as you would on the village ilo. There was no SW or SE there was an East and west until the Midwest was carved out before the coup So who actually was BEST at agriculture? The main product from the East was palm oil which was also produced in the Western region as the Colonial reports show in much detail dating back to 1895. So if you are comparing what exactly are you comparing East to West or what. There never was a time when the area in the SE was best at agriculture. First it is a relatively tiny space compared e.g to the SS or the SW and more importantly it is not a fertile land relatively. The more productive parts of the East were Rivers and the old South Eastern State

What are you talking about? It was in 1939 that Western Igboland was separated from Eastern Igboland and joined with Yorubaland by Bernard Bourdillion.

There has always been a SW, it was known as Colony of Lagos before Egerton amalgamation. When we say SW and East, we all know what we mean. SW has nothing to do with Midwest.

On the fertility of SE, well, take a look at this: www.nairaland.com/2522113/omitted-truth-debunking-lies...nigeria-states

SW being more fertile and agriculturally more productive than SE is but a Yoruba myth and propaganda, easily torn to shreds by facts, figures and stats.

3 Likes

Re: What Does The South West Offer Nigeria by Nobody: 11:19pm On Oct 21, 2015
see them, Osun people are living on donations from churches, people running their mouth, Lagos which they carry for head is not even part of old western region. Abuja is currently been developed with Nigeria wealth the same way Lagos was developed by the white and Nigeria collective wealth, after some time,some Hausa people will start shouting that they are the one that develop Abuja, Yoruba develop Lagos and Ogun, Osun, Ekiti, Oyo, Ondo remain a village with no single viable local airport unlike other regions
Re: What Does The South West Offer Nigeria by ezeagu(m): 11:19pm On Oct 21, 2015
omonnakoda:

Cocoa House as commissioned in 1965 by Akintola it had NOTHING to do with the British so stop spewing your hateful ad moribund ideas.What do you mean by largest market? You can bully younger ones with your lies but pray tell how you had a so called largest market when there was not even a Niger Bridge? What exactly was being sold in this market and who went there to shop. The problem with you folk is you cannot distinguish between your desires and reality.

Best at agriculture ?? really on what measure or with which evidence . This is the digital age old man not the age where you just manufacture any kind of lie and pass of as you would on the village ilo. There was no SW or SE there was an East and west until the Midwest was carved out before the coup So who actually was BEST at agriculture? The main product from the East was palm oil which was also produced in the Western region as the Colonial reports show in much detail dating back to 1895. So if you are comparing what exactly are you comparing East to West or what. There never was a time when the area in the SE was best at agriculture. First it is a relatively tiny space compared e.g to the SS or the SW and more importantly it is not a fertile land relatively. The more productive parts of the East were Rivers and the old South Eastern State

It had nothing to do with them, only the engineers and the people who stole developed the cocoa industry were British. Anyway.

Edith E. Melie answers your question in 1977.

https://books.google.com/books?id=iqZbAAAAMAAJ&q=onitsha+largest+market+1955&dq=onitsha+largest+market+1955&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CCsQ6AEwAWoVChMI6vTP6MrUyAIVxLoUCh0llw8i

And I was referring to groundnut empire of northern Nigeria when I said agriculture. Although palm oil is an eastern industry which is what started Nigeria, and the just like cocoa is a western thing.

1 Like

Re: What Does The South West Offer Nigeria by omonnakoda: 11:21pm On Oct 21, 2015
ezeagu:

It had nothing to do with them, only the engineers and the people who stole developed the cocoa industry were British. Anyway.

Edith E. Melie answers your question in 1977.

https://books.google.com/books?id=iqZbAAAAMAAJ&q=onitsha+largest+market+1955&dq=onitsha+largest+market+1955&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CCsQ6AEwAWoVChMI6vTP6MrUyAIVxLoUCh0llw8i

And I was referring to groundnut empire of northern Nigeria when I said agriculture. Although palm oil is an eastern industry which is what started Nigeria, and the just like cocoa is a western thing.
The difference between you and me is I went to school to learn how to ask questions not believe what I am told or read.

Who is Miele and why should I believe him or her

If one person writes in his book this is the largest market in West Africa then I would ask by what measure
Acreage, volume of goods sold or what exactly? Next any person who is in a position to say A is the biggest by such and such measure should be able to say B is the 2nd and C the 3rd etc

When you say west you forget that Ughelli Sapele etc were in the West they produce plenty of rubber and no one produced more palm oil than Edo or Midwest so how can you say palm oil was an Eastern thing old man you are lazy and just spout redundant ideas that lack credibility

Look at this colonial report

http://libsysdigi.library.illinois.edu/ilharvest/Africana/Books2011-05/3064634/3064634_1898_lagos/3064634_1898_lagos_opt.pdf
See how much palm oil was exported from lagos port in 1898

At any rate the Acreage of a market tell us nothing about how much money changes hands there. generally cattle markets tend to be quite large. The Stock exchange is a market and the largest in Nigeria today so when we say large we need to be clear what we mean. I know Eboes with their 40 ft container mentality judge markets in acreage but there are gold markets and FOREX markets doing billions worth of business so the size of a market tell us little. Still the claim is unsubstantiated
How is palm oil an Eastern industry and how did it start Nigeria?

11 Likes

Re: What Does The South West Offer Nigeria by aresa: 11:26pm On Oct 21, 2015
ezeagu:

Still not the first industry in Nigeria.

1. It was a direct and counter punch to your kinsman's ignorance that Oluyole industrial estate is dead.

2. I did not say it was the first in anything so get off your paranoia and learn how to read and comprehend.

3. You should be showing us whatever documented firsts your forefathers built in Nigeria and Africa during regional administration..

3 Likes

Re: What Does The South West Offer Nigeria by knowledgeable: 11:26pm On Oct 21, 2015
superstar1:

Populated and prosperous brown roof republic is by far better than the despicable and desolate gully erosion republic, that keeps witnessing brain and manpower drain on a daily basis.

"Brain and manpower drain on daily basis", which in turn manifest itself back in terms of 20 billion dollars yearly remittances(Google western Union 2014 for Nigeria) from Nigerians in diaspora of which Igbo contribution is the highest. Hausa/fulani= zero. From research, these remittances go to education, real estate, trade and fx etc.
Re: What Does The South West Offer Nigeria by WIZGUY69(m): 11:27pm On Oct 21, 2015
aresa:

Egbon!
I just tired for there matter, cheesy had it been it's the way iboes on nairaland
are re in reality, I am telling you that even the Japanese and Americans will envy them!

2 Likes

Re: What Does The South West Offer Nigeria by ezeagu(m): 11:29pm On Oct 21, 2015
WIZGUY69:

Egbon!
I just tired for there matter, cheesy had it been it's the way iboes on marijuana are in reality, I am telling you that even the Japanese and Americans will envy them!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IRZ30waSXo

I dey laugh oh!!!

Just kidding.

2 Likes

Re: What Does The South West Offer Nigeria by omonnakoda: 11:31pm On Oct 21, 2015
pazienza:

What are you talking about? It was in 1939 that Western Igboland was separated from Eastern Igboland and joined with Yorubaland by Bernard Bourdillion.

There has always been a SW, it was known as Colony of Lagos before Egerton amalgamation. When we say SW and East, we all know what we mean. SW has nothing to do with Midwest.

On the fertility of SE, well, take a look at this: www.nairaland.com/2522113/omitted-truth-debunking-lies...nigeria-states

SW being more fertile and agriculturally more productive than SE is but a Yoruba myth and propaganda, easily torn to shreds by facts, figures and stats.

Go and play please. Stop talking rubbish.

6 Likes

Re: What Does The South West Offer Nigeria by Dbboy(m): 11:38pm On Oct 21, 2015
[quote author=MrMbaM post=39208761][/quote]

And yet you are such a coward to let them go.
What an irony. Wont it be better if you eat what your region produce alone, we Igbos want to be alone so let us be Mr biggest economic output inthe region yet you are scared of being on your own.
Re: What Does The South West Offer Nigeria by knowledgeable: 11:41pm On Oct 21, 2015
Twistaray:

Another uncle under the tree home made stats.

Be mature dude and back your emotional stats with facts....

Let's see........ grin grin grin grin grin

Mouth no do am

while all you simply could have done was to counter back all that my emotional stats with facts for the whole world to see what a chest beating ego trip I am period.
Re: What Does The South West Offer Nigeria by ezeagu(m): 11:46pm On Oct 21, 2015
omonnakoda:

The difference between you and me is I went to school to learn how to ask questions not believe what I am told or read.

Who is Miele and why should I believe him or her

If one person writes in his book this is the largest market in West Africa then I would ask by what measure
Acreage, volume of goods sold or what exactly? Next any person who is in a position to say A is the biggest by such and such measure should be able to say B is the 2nd and C the 3rd etc

When you say west you forget that Ughelli Sapele etc were in the West they produce plenty of rubber and no one produced more palm oil than Edo or Midwest so how can you say palm oil was an Eastern thing old man you are lazy and just spout redundant ideas that lack credibility

Look at this colonial reporthttp://libsysdigi.library.illinois.edu/ilharvest/Africana/Books2011-05/3064634/3064634_1898_lagos/3064634_1898_lagos_opt.pdf

See how much palm oil was exported from lagos port in 1898

At any rate the Acreage of a market tell us nothing about how much money changes hands there. generally cattle markets tend to be quite large. The Stock exchange is a market and the largest in Nigeria today so when we say large we need to be clear what we mean. I know Eboes with their 40 ft container mentality judge markets in acreage but there are gold markets and FOREX markets doing billions worth of business so the size of a market tell us little. Still the claim is unsubstantiated

Miele is an author and that book was published by the University of Wisconsin. They listed out the goods sold and the size of the market. Read it again maybe.

Here's more

1959 - https://books.google.com/books?id=DghXAAAAMAAJ&dq=%22West+Africa%27s+Largest+Market%22+onitsha&focus=searchwithinvolume&q=%22West+Africa%27s+largest+market%22

1960 - https://books.google.com/books?id=j_0VAQAAIAAJ&dq=%22West+Africa%27s+Largest+Market%22+onitsha&focus=searchwithinvolume&q=%22West+Africa%27s+largest+market.%22

1966 - https://books.google.com/books?id=geFXAAAAIAAJ&dq=%22West+Africa%27s+Largest+Market%22+onitsha&focus=searchwithinvolume&q=%22+Onitsha%2C+West+Africa%27s+largest+market+city+and+the+center+of+its%22

Although I don't know how much palm oil prices dropped and what inflation did in the 50 years, but that should give you an example of the size of the industry when the pound was much more than in 1835 than in 1900.

1 Like

Re: What Does The South West Offer Nigeria by omonnakoda: 12:00am On Oct 22, 2015
ezeagu:

Miele is an author and that book was published by the University of Wisconsin. They listed out the goods sold and the size of the market. Read it again maybe.

Here's more

1959 - https://books.google.com/books?id=DghXAAAAMAAJ&dq=%22West+Africa%27s+Largest+Market%22+onitsha&focus=searchwithinvolume&q=%22West+Africa%27s+largest+market%22

1960 - https://books.google.com/books?id=j_0VAQAAIAAJ&dq=%22West+Africa%27s+Largest+Market%22+onitsha&focus=searchwithinvolume&q=%22West+Africa%27s+largest+market.%22

1966 - https://books.google.com/books?id=geFXAAAAIAAJ&dq=%22West+Africa%27s+Largest+Market%22+onitsha&focus=searchwithinvolume&q=%22+Onitsha%2C+West+Africa%27s+largest+market+city+and+the+center+of+its%22

Although I don't know how much Crude oil prices dropped and what inflation did in the 50 years, but that should give you an example of the size of the industry when the pound was much more than in 1835 than in 1900.
I really do not understand the second part of your response but if by size of market you mean acreage how does having a big market translate to anything. The Ibos are villagers and never lived in towns so subscribe to this idea of large markets. A market selling yams would be larger than a market selling gold. A market selling cars would be larger than a market selling dollars. Size of markets is not the same as size of economy
The Ibos are villagers and never lived in towns so subscribe to this idea of large markets. That is not a basis for comparing anything. I wonder whether your Miele measured the size of cattle markets in Potiskum and elsewhere

You claim oil is an Eastern thin. That is wrong.Oil was produced in vast quantities all over the south.

in 1897 and 1898 about £100 000 of palm oil and £300 000 of palm kernel were exported from the Lagos

libsysdigi.library.illinois.edu/ilharvest/Africana/Books2011-05/3064634/3064634_1898_lagos/3064634_1898_lagos_opt.pdf

PAGE 8

7 Likes

Re: What Does The South West Offer Nigeria by Twistaray(m): 12:02am On Oct 22, 2015
knowledgeable:

while all you simply could have done was to counter back all that my emotional stats with facts for the whole world to see what a chest beating ego trip I am period.

You people are indeed highly emotional .
How could you pull off some stats when you are not ready to back it up with facts?

Cheii

Iboee kwuenu grin

Oneluvfuu o wink

2 Likes

Re: What Does The South West Offer Nigeria by Nobody: 12:03am On Oct 22, 2015
This is the first time i'm seeing ezeagu here.hmmmmn se ko si?

3 Likes

Re: What Does The South West Offer Nigeria by ezeagu(m): 12:21am On Oct 22, 2015
omonnakoda:

I really do not understand the second part of your response but if by size of market you mean acreage how does having a big market translate to anything. The Ibos are villagers and never lived in towns so subscribe to this idea of large markets. A market selling yams would be larger than a market selling gold. A market selling cars would be larger than a market selling dollars. Size of markets is not the same as size of economy
The Ibos are villagers and never lived in towns so subscribe to this idea of large markets. That is not a basis for comparing anything. I wonder whether your Miele measured the size of cattle markets in Potiskum and elsewhere

You claim oil is an Eastern thin. That is wrong.Oil was produced in vast quantities all over the south.

in 1897 and 1898 about £100 000 of palm oil and £300 000 of palm kernel were exported from the Lagos

libsysdigi.library.illinois.edu/ilharvest/Africana/Books2011-05/3064634/3064634_1898_lagos/3064634_1898_lagos_opt.pdf

PAGE 8

I guess you missed the part where it was said the Onitsha Main Market was built for £530,000 pounds in 1955. That's the equivalent of 10 million pounds today according to inflation calculators. That's one expensive "yam market".

You're talking about pre-colonial now, do we want to go there? Isn't it more impressive that Igbo people who supposedly never had markets or towns now have some of the biggest markets and industries in tropical Africa?

Yes, oil was produced in other areas of the south, but, I don't know who was taking oil from Lagos then because Bonny and Calabar together accounted for at least 60% of Britain palm oil imports in the 19th century with a total value of over £350,000 in 1850, 50 years before Lagos £100,000 and that's without considering inflation which makes Calabar and Bonny's palm economy in the 1850s roughly four times the size. And that's just palm oil.

1 Like

Re: What Does The South West Offer Nigeria by actoor(m): 12:31am On Oct 22, 2015
ezeagu:

I don't have Umuahia, Aba will do.

[img]https://oldnaija.files./2014/12/aba-town.jpg[/img]

Precolonial onitsha house:

Pre colonial Arochukwu house

More Onitsha:

Pre colonial Awka architecture:

[img]http://2.bp..com/_jeBv7EEofYQ/TLvDiw1p7LI/AAAAAAAAAKQ/QUdZLOjpDz0/s1600/Dike%27s+Tower.png[/img]

You know what, just look at my signature

Onisha 1900 and Onisha 2015: I don't see any difference. undecided

5 Likes

Re: What Does The South West Offer Nigeria by ezeagu(m): 12:33am On Oct 22, 2015
actoor:

Onisha 1900 and Onisha 2015: I don't see any difference. undecided

Yes, largest market then, largest market now.

1 Like

Re: What Does The South West Offer Nigeria by omonnakoda: 12:33am On Oct 22, 2015
ezeagu:

I guess you missed the part where it was said the Onitsha Main Market was built for £530,000 pounds in 1955. That's the equivalent of 10 million pounds today according to inflation calculators. That's one expensive "yam market".

You're talking about pre-colonial now, do we want to go there? Isn't it more impressive that Igbo people who supposedly never had markets or towns now have some of the biggest markets and industries in tropical Africa?

Yes, oil was produced in other areas of the south, but, I don't know who was taking oil from Lagos then because Bonny and Calabar together accounted for at least 60% of Britain palm oil imports in the 19th century with a total value of over £350,000 in 1850, 50 years before Lagos £100,000 and that's without considering inflation which makes Calabar and Bonny's palm economy in the 1850s roughly four times the size. And that's just palm oil.

You see I gave you a figure and I gave you a source The British Colonial report. Unlike you that just draw out one TumboTumbo figure 60% of Britain's palm oil imports in the 19th century. Do you have a source for your claims

Onitsha market £500000 grin grin
You folk are truly hilarious
I have been to Onitsha market. It is a very dirty place I was there in the early 80s . do not find the £500000 claim credible. Can you tell us the name of the engineering firm that built it and who paid for it.
You keep banging on about these big markets where the US Army come to buy drones. Only Eboes believe that nonsense.The only market dirtier than Onitsha is Ariaria. Like I said the size of a market is not the size of the economy.The largest market in Nigeria is the Nigerian Stock Exchange It is turnover not acreage that makes a market "BIG"

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does The South West Offer Nigeria by aresa: 12:35am On Oct 22, 2015
ezeagu:

In your village dreams, no such thing was documented as part of the history of Nigeria.

9 Likes

Re: What Does The South West Offer Nigeria by omonnakoda: 12:37am On Oct 22, 2015
aresa:

In your village dreams, no such thing was documented as part of the history of Nigeria.
That is the funny thing about this folk they actually believe their bullshite.

That is how one of them said Orji Uzor Kalu is so rich the CBN begged, ,BEGGED him to take his money to the World Bank, another said that the US Army buys drones at Onitsha market

11 Likes

Re: What Does The South West Offer Nigeria by Twistaray(m): 12:39am On Oct 22, 2015
omonnakoda:
That is the funny thing about this folk they actually believe their bullshite.

That is how one of them said Orji Uzor Kalu is so rich the CBN begged, ,BEGGED him to take his money to the World Bank, another said that the US Army buys drones at Onitsha market

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does The South West Offer Nigeria by omonnakoda: 12:49am On Oct 22, 2015
It seems strange to me that the British were making so much money in Eastern Nigeria and when they amalgamated the country they chose Lagos for the Capital ignoring where the money was. Eboes just concoct all manner of self affirmatory delusional stuff no matter how outlandish.

Angelina Jolie shops at Onitsha market for Bras

According to the colonial report there were street lights and telephones in Lagos by 1898 and trains. Why? After all the Eastern region was so prosperous

http://libsysdigi.library.illinois.edu/ilharvest/Africana/Books2011-05/3064634/3064634_1898_lagos/3064634_1898_lagos_opt.pdf

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does The South West Offer Nigeria by ezeagu(m): 12:54am On Oct 22, 2015
omonnakoda:

You see I gave you a figure and I gave you a source The British Colonial report. Unlike you that just draw out one TumboTumbo figure 60% of Britain's palm oil imports in the 19th century. Do you have a source for your claims

Onitsha market £500000 grin grin
You folk are truly hilarious
I have been to Onitsha market. It is a very dirty place I was there in the early 80s . do not find the £500000 claim credible. Can you tell us the name of the engineering firm that built it and who paid for it.
You keep banging on about these big markets where the US Army come to buy drones. Only Eboes believe that nonsense.The only market dirtier than Onitsha is Ariaria. Like I said the size of a market is not the size of the economy.The largest market in Nigeria is the Nigerian Stock Exchange It is turnover not acreage that makes a market "BIG"

Yeah, you're now bullshitting. I guess a researched work specifically on the oil industry in Nigeria published by Cambridge University is now unreliable because you didn't see what you like.

http://www.cambridge.org/us/academic/subjects/history/regional-history-after-1500/commerce-and-economic-change-west-africa-palm-oil-trade-nineteenth-century

I dey laugh o!!!

And when I reply with sources on the cost of Onitsha's Main Market and how they paid for it, that also won't be reliable.

https://books.google.com/books?id=xfHsJMBLWlsC&pg=PA145&dq=onitsha+530,000&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CCAQ6AEwAGoVChMIjYS8uN7UyAIVQVYUCh1ClAtk#v=onepage&q=onitsha%20530%2C000&f=false

By the way this is from the Ministry of Information of Nigeria: https://books.google.com/books?id=Txo0AQAAIAAJ&q=onitsha+530,000&dq=onitsha+530,000&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CCUQ6AEwAWoVChMIjYS8uN7UyAIVQVYUCh1ClAtk

1 Like

Re: What Does The South West Offer Nigeria by ezeagu(m): 12:57am On Oct 22, 2015
omonnakoda:
It seems strange to me that the British were making so much money in Eastern Nigeria and when they amalgamated the country they chose Lagos for the Capital ignoring where the money was. Eboes just concoct all manner of self affirmatory delusional stuff no matter how outlandish.

Angelina Jolie shops at Onitsha market for Bras

According to the colonial report there were street lights and telephones in Lagos by 1898 and trains. Why? After all the Eastern region was so prosperous

So you didn't know Calabar was the first capital of Southern Nigeria? I'm not even going to bother posting a source because it's a basic fact. Lagos was the biggest slave market before the British Navy collaborated with Yoruba whos whos to end the trade and they took the land as a colony. They then made it the capital of Nigeria after amalgamation and years after the palm oil trade in 1914.

1 Like

Re: What Does The South West Offer Nigeria by ezeagu(m): 1:05am On Oct 22, 2015

1 Like

Re: What Does The South West Offer Nigeria by ezeagu(m): 1:08am On Oct 22, 2015
aresa:

Ministry of Information of Nigeria: https://books.google.com/books?id=Txo0AQAAIAAJ&q=onitsha+530,000&dq=onitsha+530,000&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CCUQ6AEwAWoVChMIjYS8uN7UyAIVQVYUCh1ClAtk

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=j_0VAQAAIAAJ&dq=%22West+Africa%27s+Largest+Market%22+onitsha&q=%22West+Africa%27s+largest+market.%22&redir_esc=y

You want more "dreams"?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Col. Ajayi Reveals What TY Danjuma Told Them During Military Training / Snippets From President Buhari's New Year Message To Nigerians / Atiku, Kwankwaso, Others Have Abandoned Buhari, Says PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.