Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,658 members, 7,813,217 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:48 AM

What Does The South West Offer Nigeria - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Does The South West Offer Nigeria (33448 Views)

Jonathan Still Has So Much To Offer Nigeria – Fani-kayode / Current Status Of Workers Salaries In South West Nigeria / Niger Delta Have Nothing To Offer Nigeria Anymore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does The South West Offer Nigeria by omonnakoda: 12:33pm On Oct 22, 2015
ezeagu:

Nothing else? Okay.

The SS has Port Harcourt? Oh my God, I thought the Germans left in the 40s!

Just a little more..... There is nothing like Easterner. These same people whom Eboes disparagingly call Mmong/Mmongo people developed Nsibidi nothing to do with Eboes. So stop attaching yourselves to them. When they developed Nsibidi your people were shrieking about naked.

A Yoruba man Ajayi Crowther introduced the First Eboe dictionary. That is what we have established on stone

4 Likes

Re: What Does The South West Offer Nigeria by ezeagu(m): 12:42pm On Oct 22, 2015
omonnakoda:

Just a little more..... There is nothing like Easterner. These same people whom Eboes disparagingly call Mmong/Mmongo people developed Nsibidi nothing to do with Eboes. So stop attaching yourselves to them. When they developed Nsibidi your people were shrieking about naked.

A Yoruba man Ajayi Crowther introduced the First Eboe dictionary. That is what we have established on stone

Shrieking unclad but the second oldest textile was found in Anambra. Okay.

"Dating from the ninth century, Igbo-Ukwu provides us with the earliest direct evidence we have for weaving in the region."

https://books.google.com/books?id=QKD_VNQ0MF4C&pg=PA28&dq=oldest+textile+igbo+ukwu&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CCYQ6AEwAmoVChMIyrLQov7VyAIVQX4aCh2zGQ1K#v=onepage&q=oldest%20textile%20igbo%20ukwu&f=false

"Weaving in West Africa The oldest known textiles are nine fragments found in a king's grave at Igbo Ukwu (southeastern Nigeria)."

https://books.google.com/books?id=9VQYAAAAIAAJ&q=oldest+textile+igbo+ukwu&dq=oldest+textile+igbo+ukwu&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CCwQ6AEwA2oVChMIyrLQov7VyAIVQX4aCh2zGQ1K

Keep digging. I'm enjoying this.

The nsibidi writing system is reportedly of Ejagham origin and was developed by the peoples of the Cross River, including the Cross River Igbo.

Ajayi Crowther didn't create a dictionary, it was a primer, and more Igbo words were already recorded by Olaudah Equiano in the 1780s.

2 Likes

Re: What Does The South West Offer Nigeria by Nobody: 1:04pm On Oct 22, 2015
Gbawe:
@OP

You are a shocking and hateful bigot with a pathological hatred of the Yorubas that I personally feel stems from the inferiority complex you feel toward the Yoruba ethnic group. You have certainly been 'mauled' on this thread you started with the belief your ignorant opinion, indoctrinated into you in your villages and communities, will be upheld. I.e the ridiculously ignorant falsehood, borne of bad belle, that "the Yorubas contribute nothing to Nigeria" whereas the reality, for those who deal with facts and reality, is that the Yorubas are arguably the most important and productive ethnic group in Nigeria.

Let me heap more misery on your ignorant mind. Do you know what Unesco `world heritage sites are? Do your research. I can only tell you that merely two exist in Nigeria. One is the Osun Osogbo sacred grove in Osun State and the other is the Sukur cultural landscape in Adamawa. The Osun Osogbo yearly festival is attended by thousands yearly from every corner of the universe because of how highly respected the rich Yoruba culture and ethnographic deepness is. I chose this example , when I can cite at least 100 positives the Yorubas contribute to Nigeria, because it shows that a land and people God has blessed cannot be cursed by a repellent hater like you. Have you done anything deliberate in your region, of world class beauty and cultural/aesthetic appeal, to merit inclusion in the Unesco world heritage site list? Do you even have a culture deep and diverse enough to deliver what the Yorubas have given Nigeria before you open your bigoted mouth to ask what the SW "offer"? Silly hater.

What do you, your people and region "offer" to Nigeria? I keep saying it that the problem of the Yorubas is that we are secure in ourselves and probably least braggarts in a nation of many ethnic groups with some suffering from deep insecurities, inferiority complex and identity crisis. To that end, we see no reason to wake up daily and proclaim our real worth which makes us very pivotally important to Nigeria. This is why someone like you given to empty braggadocio, borne of inferiority complex, can start a silly thread like this which ignores the overwhelming facts and reality on the ground that shows any neutral and fair-minded person that the Yorubas are a huge blessing and asset to Nigeria. I really despise prejudiced people and you need to learn to start appreciating others instead of waking up daily and trying to deny them credit for what they are and what they contribute to society merely because you have a hateful mind you do not want to repair.

http://whc.unesco.org/en/list/

Gbawe was way too humble with the emboldened.I'd rather put it this way

"Yorubas are unarguably the most important and productive ethnic group in Nigeria,you can take that to the lotto kiosk".Its just common sense and you don't have to complete primary school education to know this

I'm not interested in debates,after all these are people who believe obama listens to radio biafra.I don't expect anything less from petty traders

The only irony here is the fact that leeches who don't contribute nothing are the ones who actually think they contribute grin Funny world we live in.They asked some people what does their region contribute, they are telling us they control inter-state transport.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does The South West Offer Nigeria by omonnakoda: 1:09pm On Oct 22, 2015
ezeagu:

Shrieking unclad but the second oldest textile was found in Anambra. Okay.

"Dating from the ninth century, Igbo-Ukwu provides us with the earliest direct evidence we have for weaving in the region."

https://books.google.com/books?id=QKD_VNQ0MF4C&pg=PA28&dq=oldest+textile+igbo+ukwu&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CCYQ6AEwAmoVChMIyrLQov7VyAIVQX4aCh2zGQ1K#v=onepage&q=oldest%20textile%20igbo%20ukwu&f=false

"Weaving in West Africa The oldest known textiles are nine fragments found in a king's grave at Igbo Ukwu (southeastern Nigeria)."

https://books.google.com/books?id=9VQYAAAAIAAJ&q=oldest+textile+igbo+ukwu&dq=oldest+textile+igbo+ukwu&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CCwQ6AEwA2oVChMIyrLQov7VyAIVQX4aCh2zGQ1K

Keep digging. I'm enjoying this.

The nsibidi writing system is reportedly of Ejagham origin and was developed by the peoples of the Cross River, including the Cross River Igbo.

Ajayi Crowther didn't create a dictionary, it was a primer, and more Igbo words were already recorded by Olaudah Equiano in the 1780s.
Knowledge trumps ignorance as light trumps darkness/
It is a known detail of archaeology that clothing decays over time especially cotton or other agriculturally based biodegradable fabric unless there are in place special circumstances to ensure their preservation such as entombing which would explain finding fibres at the site of burial of a "king" although Eboes claim not to have kings. That does not detract from the fact that the vast majority of the people especially adult women were all naked when the colonialists arrived. The pictures are everywhere and you just might provoke someone into publishing them AGAIN!! There are words for cloth and thread in most Nigerian languages so it is foolish to believe that clothing first appeared in West Africa just 1000 years ago whether in Eboeland or elsewhere. The point is it was not available for adult females until 100 years ago. Rather than talk or archaeological digs tell us about what fabrics your people used>It was mostly raffia and leaves
So what was found at Igbo Ukwu probably came from Benin after all were there not also beads there that were clearly of Middle Eastern origin and therefore evidence of TRADE.
The fact that the Benin do not allow people to go digging up the graves of their kings means nothing.

3 Likes

Re: What Does The South West Offer Nigeria by omonnakoda: 1:13pm On Oct 22, 2015
Google Igbo Ukwu and beads

No way can you claim that everything found at Igbo Ukwu was Ibo made

2 Likes

Re: What Does The South West Offer Nigeria by SirShymexx: 1:16pm On Oct 22, 2015
All I can see here are folks masturbating and waving schlongs over past glory.

To Yorubas

Can you please post all the things Yorubas have been able to build and wealth created after Awolowo cos 90% of everything I can see on here is directly/indirectly connected to Awolowo. And the man died ages ago. What have the current crop of Yorubas been able to build and how did they consolidate on what Awolowo built?

I know some of you like to tout Tinubu as a great leader and a few of you said he has surpassed Awolowo. Please add his achievements to the list and let's see how Yorubas have progressed since Awolowo under the lordship of the new emperor.

To Igbos

Stop messing up the thread with relics. If you can't post anything mentally stimulating - don't destroy the thread. This isn't a thread for chest-beating.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does The South West Offer Nigeria by ezeagu(m): 1:24pm On Oct 22, 2015
omonnakoda:

Knowledge trumps ignorance as light trumps darkness/
It is a known detail of archaeology that clothing decays over time especially cotton or other agriculturally based biodegradable fabric unless there are in place special circumstances to ensure their preservation such as entombing which would explain finding fibres at the site of burial of a "king" although Eboes claim not to have kings. That does not detract from the fact that the vast majority of the people especially adult women were all naked when the colonialists arrived. The pictures are everywhere and you just might provoke someone into publishing them AGAIN!! There are words for cloth and thread in most Nigerian languages so it is foolish to believe that clothing first appeared in West Africa just 1000 years ago whether in Eboeland or elsewhere. The point is it was not available for adult females until 100 years ago. Rather than talk or archaeological digs tell us about what fabrics your people used>It was mostly raffia and leaves
So what was found at Igbo Ukwu probably came from Benin after all were there not also beads there that were clearly of Middle Eastern origin and therefore evidence of TRADE.
The fact that the Benin do not allow people to go digging up the graves of their kings means nothing.

You know all you wrote was bullshit, if not, you'd provide older evidence of textiles. Your initial statment was that eastern Nigerians were shrieking unclad, we've established that the oldest found woven textiles in the whole of West Africa was found in Anambra, and now you're replying with all this rubbish about

"So what was found at Igbo Ukwu probably came from Benin"

Even a Benin person would laugh at that, come on.

http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/hd/pwmn_3/hd_pwmn_3.htm

This is an image of a woman from the Court of Benin from the 1700s, the greatest empire West Africa has ever seen, completely unclad, the image below is of Queen Idia, probably the greatest Queen Mother of West Africa, bare chested herself, flanked by nude women. Below are ancient Egytpian women. Many if not all West African peoples had nude women, even the ancient Egyptians had nude dancing women and their queens were nude as well, it didn't change the fact that these two great kingdoms had advanced technology compared to most of their neighbours. Below those pictures are Igbo women mostly nude with quality cloth wrapped round their waists. The metals and textiles on them have been produced by their people for thousands of years and on their land the earliest textiles were found. Now what the Bleep are you threatening to "publish"?

Cleopatra VII

I'm still enjoying this.

1 Like

Re: What Does The South West Offer Nigeria by SirShymexx: 1:29pm On Oct 22, 2015
ezeagu:

You know all you wrote was bullshit, if not, you'd provide older evidence of textiles. Your initial statment was that eastern Nigerians were shrieking unclad, we've established that the oldest found woven textiles in the whole of West Africa was found in Anambra, and now you're replying with all this rubbish about

This is an image of a woman from the Court of Benin from the 1700s, the greatest empire West Africa has ever seen, completely unclad, the image below is of Queen Idia, probably the greatest Queen Mother of West Africa, bare chested herself, flanked by nude women. Below are ancient Egytpian women. Many if not all West African peoples had nude women, even the ancient Egyptians had nude dancing women and their queens were nude as well, it didn't change the fact that these two great kingdoms had advanced technology compared to most of their neighbours. Below those pictures are Igbo women mostly nude with quality cloth wrapped round their waists. The metals and textiles on them have been produced by their people for thousands of years and on their land the earliest textiles were found. Now what the Bleep are you threatening to "publish"?

I'm still enjoying this.

Why are you messing up the thread with relics and ancient pictures, Ezeagu?

Please stick to the topic - this isn't a thread for Igbo history.
Re: What Does The South West Offer Nigeria by ezeagu(m): 1:31pm On Oct 22, 2015
SirShymexx:

Why are you messing up the thread with relics and ancient pictures, Ezeagu?

Please stick to the topic - this isn't a thread for Igbo history.

Check the post history. Everything here is a response. Someone makes a claim. A response is followed. I'm sure if someone made a claim you knew was untrue you'd want to correct them as well. So if there are no more false claims or verifiable facts then the thread can carry on.

2 Likes

Re: What Does The South West Offer Nigeria by SirShymexx: 1:34pm On Oct 22, 2015
ezeagu:

Check the post history. Everything here is a response. Someone makes a claim. A response is followed. I'm sure if someone made a claim you knew was untrue you'd want to correct them as well. So if there are no more false claims or verifiable facts then the thread can carry on.

I've been following the thread since it was created and you're also guilty in the act.

Anyway, personally, I'm more interested in Yoruba achievements/progression since Awolowo, hence I've followed the thread keenly. However, you lot are derailing the thread.
Re: What Does The South West Offer Nigeria by ezeagu(m): 1:38pm On Oct 22, 2015
SirShymexx:

I've been following the thread since it was created and you're also guilty in the act.

Anyway, personally, I'm more interested in Yoruba achievements/progression since Awolowo, hence I've followed the thread keenly. However, you lot are derailing the thread.

I'm not derailing nau, the people I'm responding to are the ones laying the blocks on the tracks, I'm just steering the train by discussing how different parts of Nigeria were influenced by colonialists agenda.

1 Like

Re: What Does The South West Offer Nigeria by omonnakoda: 1:41pm On Oct 22, 2015
ezeagu:

I'm still enjoying this.

I said your people were shrieking unclad and you posted a link telling us textile were found in a king's tomb. Go back and read what YOU POSTED.

1. it was found in only one place in Eboeland where they had a king entombed. I have not said No other Eboes had clothes but the reason this was found and not anywhere else is because clothes are biodegradable and unless a people practice entombing you will not find them in archaeological digs
THIS IS STATED VERY CLEARLY IN YOUR OWN LINK go and check it!!. In fact one logical conclusion if we follow your line of reasoning is Only the King wore clothes in Igbo Ukwu
Since fabrics were not found anywhere else. You need lessons in logic.
2 EBoes claim not t have kings so we must raise the question whether this was an Eboe king an Igala King or a Bini king and of the type of fabric and site of weaving as you claim Raffia too, s fabric

3. There were beads at Igbo UKwu from Egypt or Gao . That is not in dispute
So it is not illogical to expect that fabrics came in via trade.
4. That a king has clothes does not remove from my claim The people were found shrieking nakedd by colonialist so the Igbo Ukwu thing proves nothing

2 Likes

Re: What Does The South West Offer Nigeria by SirShymexx: 1:44pm On Oct 22, 2015
ezeagu:

I'm not derailing nau, the people I'm responding to are the ones laying the blocks on the tracks, I'm just steering the train by discussing how different parts of Nigeria were influenced by colonialists agenda.

Even if they're laying blocks on the tracks - you don't have to do the same. Once you start doing the same thing - you'll deflate what the discourse is about.

Anyway, almost everything on here is basically past glory and things achieved between 1956-1966. That's a decade.

How about things they've achieved from 1999-2015. 16 years. That's what I'm more interested in.
Re: What Does The South West Offer Nigeria by SirShymexx: 1:46pm On Oct 22, 2015
[s]
omonnakoda:

I said your people were shrieking unclad and you posted a link telling us textile were found in a king's tomb. Go back and read what YOU POSTED.

1. it was found in only one place in Eboeland where they had a king entombed. I have not said No other Eboes had clothes but the reason this was found and not anywhere else is because clothes are biodegradable and unless a people practice entombing you will not find them in archaeological digs
THIS IS STATED VERY CLEARLY IN YOUR OWN LINK go and check it!!. In fact one logical conclusion if we follow your line of reasoning is Only the King wore clothes in Igbo Ukwu
Since fabrics were not found anywhere else. You need lessons in logic.
2 EBoes claim not t have kings so we must raise the question of the type of fabric and site of weaving as you claim

3. There were beads at Igbo UKwu from Egypt or Gao . That is not in dispute
So it is not illogical to expect that fabrics came in via trade.
4. That a king has clothes does not remove from my claim The people were found shrieking nakedd by colonialist so the Igbo Ukwu thing proes nothing
[/s]

Are you high off the same dust that made Keith Murray as fvcked up as he's? Who're "your people"?

Learn to check the handle before quoting people irresponsibly next time. Just cos I don't subscribe to celebrating non-achievements and hero-worship of non-achieving rogues, that doesn't negate who I'm and my identity.
Re: What Does The South West Offer Nigeria by ezeagu(m): 1:48pm On Oct 22, 2015
SirShymexx:

Even if they're laying blocks on the tracks - you don't have to do the same. Once you start doing the same thing - you'll deflate what the discourse is about.

Anyway, almost everything on here is basically past glory and things achieved between 1956-1966. That's a decade.

How about things they've achieved from 1999-2015. 16 years. That's what I'm more interested in.

That's what I've been writing the whole time. That's basically what started this. If this was just a showcase of south west contribution in the last few years, which there is much to talk about, instead of false information about other 'regions', then there wouldn't be this.

1 Like

Re: What Does The South West Offer Nigeria by omonnakoda: 1:50pm On Oct 22, 2015
SirShymexx:
[s][/s]

Are you high off the same dust that made Keith Murray as fvcked up as he's? Who're "your people"?

Learn to check the handle before quoting people irresponsibly next time. Just cos I don't subscribe to celebrating non-achievements and hero-worship of non-achieving rogues, that doesn't negate who I'm and my identity.
Ok I made a mistake quoting you it was an error,That does not give your mother the right to open her yansh anyhow. If you dey craze I g o calm you down very sharp. Check my name well

2 Likes

Re: What Does The South West Offer Nigeria by SirShymexx: 1:50pm On Oct 22, 2015
ezeagu:

That's what I've been writing the whole time. That's basically what started this. If this was just a showcase of south west contribution in the last few years, which there are much to talk about, then there wouldn't be this.

Next time don't fall into their trap.

Most of these folks are political jobbers and they care more about the crumbs they get - than Yoruba people.

1 Like

Re: What Does The South West Offer Nigeria by SirShymexx: 1:52pm On Oct 22, 2015
[s]
omonnakoda:
Ok I made a mistake quoting you it was an error,That does not give your mother the right to open her yansh anyhow. If you dey craze I g o calm you down very sharp. Check my name well
[/s]

Speak a language I understand. undecided

Apart from cursing people's mums and dads, and some weird voodoo - what else are you good at?

Quote responsibly next time - no time for time wasters.
Re: What Does The South West Offer Nigeria by omonnakoda: 1:53pm On Oct 22, 2015
SirShymexx:
[s][/s]

Speak a language I understand. undecided

Apart from cursing people's mums and dads, and some weird voodoo - what else are you good at?

Quote responsibly next time - no time for time wasters.
This is exactly the language your cursed mother understands. Ogun lo ma paa e

1 Like

Re: What Does The South West Offer Nigeria by SirShymexx: 1:55pm On Oct 22, 2015
omonnakoda:
This is exactly the language your cursed mother understands. Ogun lo ma paa e

Lmao. Depressed voodoo monkey. grin

Last post to you and stop speaking in tongues.

[img]http://media./media/P9aIWTPVGgkCY/giphy.gif[/img]

1 Like

Re: What Does The South West Offer Nigeria by omonnakoda: 1:56pm On Oct 22, 2015
SirShymexx:

My mother is a cancerous baboon. My craze jus dey start . I Thought I was a militant. I will not start anything if I won't see it through
I am a bas tard

Re: What Does The South West Offer Nigeria by omonnakoda: 2:00pm On Oct 22, 2015
SirShymexx:

My mother is a cancerous baboon. My craze jus dey start . I Thought I was a militant. I will not start anything if I won't see it through
I am a bas tardd

2 Likes

Re: What Does The South West Offer Nigeria by omonnakoda: 2:01pm On Oct 22, 2015
SirShymexx:

I am a bas tard

Re: What Does The South West Offer Nigeria by SirShymexx: 2:01pm On Oct 22, 2015

1 Like

Re: What Does The South West Offer Nigeria by ezeagu(m): 2:02pm On Oct 22, 2015
Advice taken.

Okay omonnakoda and SirShymexx you've now started. Let me help...
Re: What Does The South West Offer Nigeria by omonnakoda: 2:02pm On Oct 22, 2015
Re: What Does The South West Offer Nigeria by omonnakoda: 2:03pm On Oct 22, 2015
Re: What Does The South West Offer Nigeria by omonnakoda: 2:04pm On Oct 22, 2015
Re: What Does The South West Offer Nigeria by Nobody: 2:04pm On Oct 22, 2015
grin grin cheesy Lmaoooo the thread is dead already.The only thing left to watch is the movie going on right now

1 Like

Re: What Does The South West Offer Nigeria by ezeagu(m): 2:06pm On Oct 22, 2015
I think tourism is probably the biggest in south western Nigeria and will continue to grow because of the spread of Yoruba religion all over the world, and especially among the African diaspora.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmqanHBrjL0

3 Likes

Re: What Does The South West Offer Nigeria by Nobody: 2:09pm On Oct 22, 2015
ezeagu:
I think tourism is probably the biggest in south western Nigeria.

We're not interested in your videos.You single-handedly messed up this thread and I have to salute you for being so good at it.The only difference between you and the unintelligent derailers from your side is the fact you don't insult us.

1 Like

Re: What Does The South West Offer Nigeria by ezeagu(m): 2:09pm On Oct 22, 2015
Even though I believe Eko Atlantic is misplaced priorities, and have said so a long time ago. The place is shaping up at least and will probably be a good place for receiving investors and tourism, etc.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Soldier Loses His Mom While Battling Boko Haram Insurgents In The North.Pictured / Throwback Photo Of Obasanjo & Buhari In 1978 & Now / Court Unfreezes Patience Jonathan's Account With $5.9million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.