Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,562 members, 7,812,821 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:58 PM

Modern Day Elijah: Popular Lagos-based Blind Preacher Disarms Robbers - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Modern Day Elijah: Popular Lagos-based Blind Preacher Disarms Robbers (9613 Views)

Putting God First: Modern-Day Idolatry Among Christians Today / Primate Elijah Ayodele's 2016 Prophecies: Corruption Will Fight Buhari / Abuja Pastor Paul Enenche Rubbishes Popular Lagos Prophet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Modern Day Elijah: Popular Lagos-based Blind Preacher Disarms Robbers by Recognise: 3:59pm On May 02, 2009
Modern day Elijah: Blind Prophet disarms robbers, recovers his stolen property

A popular Lagos-based blind preacher, Prophet Moses Kasali, is not knew to attacks from men of the underworld. First of such attacks was in 2006, along Ife-Ilesha Road, while on his way to Erio Mountain, Ekiti, Ekiti State.

Then, the General Overseer of Hour of Mercy Prayer Ministry International, had set out to go to Ikoyi Mountain (Olorunkola) with a Nigerian living abroad who had come home for ‘special prayers’. Ironically, the returnee had left the shores of Nigeria 20 years ago after some dare-devil robbers killed one of his brothers.

“It was about 7.30p.m when we got to Ile-Ife, enroute Ijebu-Jesha. From Ile-Ife, a group of armed robbers opened fire on our jeep. The body of the vehicle was riddled with bullets, including the owner’s corner. For over 15 minutes, they were pursing us. We were three in the vehicle,” Kasali said.

After the ‘bombardment,’ the Prophet instructed his driver to park the vehicle so that he could give listening ears to the bandits. “At Oladele Olasore, near Ijebu-Jesha, I instructed my driver to stop. When the robbers saw the bullet-ridden vehicle, they asked ‘who is there,’ I told them I was the one and they said, ‘God must have been with you who made it impossible for you to be hit by bullets’.

He continued: “I told them it was through the power of God, they asked how many millions of naira were in the boot of the vehicle and I told them there was nothing in the boot. I told them I had no money but was only going to the Mountain to pray.”

The preacher said he advised them to stop armed robbery, as they could still be wealthy by engaging in legitimate businesses. “I advised them not to rob again after that day, otherwise they would be arrested and killed,” he told Daily Sun.

In spite of the Godly advice, the bandits still snatched his jeep, leaving them stranded at the scene of the robbery. A good Samaritan, however, came to their rescue, by bringing a vehicle to move them away from the robbery scene. Daily Sun learnt that police operatives recovered his jeep two days after it was stolen.

So, when the prophet, on March 12, 2009, came face-to-face with another gang of robbers, this time teenagers, while on his way to Mount of breakthrough (Ori-Oke Alaseyori), near Moniya, Ibadan Oyo State, he came to the conclusion that it was time for him to practicalise his faith just like Prophet Elijah did.

If his first encounter with robbers took him unawares, not the second one.
“On my way, the spirit of God directed me to Oyo township, to offer prayers to some sick people there, which I obliged. On our way back, before getting to Moniya, our vehicle ran into a roadblock mounted by some dare-devil, teenage armed robbers. The time was about 8 p.m.”

“Two of us, (myself and my Personal Assistant, Mr. Abiola) were in the vehicle. Immediately Mr. Abiola saw them, he informed me that some armed robbers were operating. I told him not to worry.”

When they got to the spot where the bandits were operating, their vehicle was flagged down and they were ordered to come out from the vehicle. The robbers inquired about the owner of the jeep they were riding in, and when the Prophet told them it belonged to him, one of the robbers thundered, “you are a thief, where did you get the money to buy a jeep”? I told them the jeep was donated to me by a good Samaritan.”

The robbers ordered them to surrender every thing, including money, which they did. The bandits thoroughly searched the jeep and removed other valuable items found in it, including wristwatches and handsets.

As they were searching the vehicle, one of the robbers recognized their victim to be the popular blind preacher and muttered, “are you not Prophet Moses Kasali? “I did not give direct answer, I was only begging them not to shoot any of us and that I would give them everything they wanted.” After they had collected everything, excluding the jeep, of course, the Prophet asked them if they were permitted go and the robbers answered in affirmative. But as he and his PA hopped into the vehicle, ready to drive away, the spirit of God told him not to leave the place. “The drivers and I got down from the vehicle and beckoned on the robbers.

When they got close to me, I commanded them to surrender all the money, handsets and other items they collected from us. They obeyed. I also ordered them to surrender all their guns. They obeyed. I asked them how many people they had robbed on that spot, they said we were the first victims, I asked my PA to search them thoroughly, before I told them to go and steal no more,” he said.

Though, he didn’t allow them to go immediately as he was said to have detained them for 20 minutes to see if they could see some police on patrol to hand them over to.
He said: “When no police patrol team was around, we entered into our vehicle and drove off, leaving them and their guns at the spot, I cannot say what happened to them after I left,” he remarked.

for SOURCE: Click here

(1) (Reply)

@ITALO. Catholics Please Defend Your Doctrines Here / Mountain Of Fire And Miracles 2012 Anointing Service / A Question For The Atheists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.