Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,061 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

You Do Not Need Money To Start A Successful Business - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / You Do Not Need Money To Start A Successful Business (7275 Views)

Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! / Why Is It That Seun Of Nairaland Does Not Need Money Where Money Is Floating / Bank Accounts And People You Don't Wanna Send Money To - Part 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Do Not Need Money To Start A Successful Business by Radiant(f): 1:32pm On Oct 16, 2006
Gettolove:

this is not fuuny, just recall the statement and say you are sorry.
If you really feel bad, why don't you go and kiss him? Please just perch in ur corner and keep quiet.
Re: You Do Not Need Money To Start A Successful Business by onyek: 3:39pm On Oct 16, 2006
Gettolove

@ onyek + forgiven
You have really shown that the world is full of abundant opportunities especially in nigeria where many of us are theorists,many are still wishing they have millions to start a business while they keep spending thousands on clothes and drinks.

Well said. Me and forgiven are just examples that show that where there is a will there is a way. Like you said we have ignorant people in this country that will just spout rubbish and spend money on owambe or look for people to 419 instead of actually using their brains to think.

Look at Seun, the owner of this forum. Is he not based in Ogun State and runs this forum from there? If you look at the google ranking for this site, it is very high meaning a lot of traffic. All this achieved with minimal amount of capital, determinaton and the desire to succeed.

If we had more of a can do attitude in Nigeria, there wouldn't be such high unemployment and people would create work for themselves instead of sititng on their arses waiting for someone to hand them a job
Re: You Do Not Need Money To Start A Successful Business by seems: 9:49am On Oct 18, 2006
Money is very important to back up ur idea ,without money ur idea will die in u or be stolen by someone that has money
Re: You Do Not Need Money To Start A Successful Business by forgiven(m): 3:09pm On Oct 18, 2006
Radiant,

Try and understand that he who quits a personal biz to work with a company knows what he's doing. Aside, I never said my poultry is not running again. I work for a company does not mean nobody is working for me too. I only said working for the company will help me to achieve my goal faster. Totally independent is relative mind u.

Gettolove,

U've spoken well
Re: You Do Not Need Money To Start A Successful Business by Radiant(f): 4:38pm On Oct 18, 2006
Good for you. Next time please don't say "you don't need money to start your own business". It's an understatement.

Best wishes with your poultry  wink
Re: You Do Not Need Money To Start A Successful Business by forgiven(m): 2:15am On Oct 19, 2006
Radiant:

Good for you. Next time please don't say "you don't need money to start a your own business". It's an understatement.

Best wishes with your poultry wink

Thanks madam but u don't need money to start a biz.
Re: You Do Not Need Money To Start A Successful Business by onyek: 4:18am On Oct 19, 2006
forgiven

Please ignore this woman. She doesn't know what she's talking about

The examples you and I gave are simply that, examples. Yes you will eventually need money to run your business but there are many creative ways to set about starting one without money. But you need to have imagination and boldness

By the way, poultry farmers in this part of the world are multi millionaires. Organic chicken is all the rage

Rock on my brother o jare
Re: You Do Not Need Money To Start A Successful Business by fellybabe(f): 5:57am On Oct 19, 2006
Haha,why are u sounding so insultive?well,i don't really blame u cos COMMON SENSE IS NOT COMMON.
Re: You Do Not Need Money To Start A Successful Business by fellybabe(f): 5:59am On Oct 19, 2006
Haha,why are u sounding so insultive?well,i don't really blame u cos COMMON SENSE IS NOT COMMON.
Re: You Do Not Need Money To Start A Successful Business by dennylove(m): 7:19am On Oct 19, 2006
GETOLOVE,for christ sake, WHAT KIND OF MENTALITY IS THISif you don't need money to start up successful business,WHAT ELSE WILL YOU USE? your potentials, your personalities,your reputation,your accent,your ideas,OR WHATpls am getting it all wrong here,can somebody put me right!!!!!!!!!remember that MONEY IS THE NEXT,AFTR GOD.I hope nobody is supporting this TOPIC.
Re: You Do Not Need Money To Start A Successful Business by dennylove(m): 8:09am On Oct 19, 2006
In a successful business tell us one method that doesn't involve money,''BABYBOYGHETTO''
Re: You Do Not Need Money To Start A Successful Business by lexfrosty: 8:47am On Oct 19, 2006
Thread starter,

you need money to start any business , even if it is pure water business.

Little capital you may say, but little is something. You might have gazillion ideas, everyone has ideas, at least most people, but if you don't have something to power those ideas they die with you.
Re: You Do Not Need Money To Start A Successful Business by scribe(m): 10:41am On Oct 19, 2006
@radiant
Your statement wasn't funny

I think the title of this post is misleading. However, the comments made by various contributors must have encouraged a would be entreprenuer not to loose hope just because he/she has little or no capital to start his dream business.
Truly, no matter how poor or wretched a man is, if he can only think long enough, he will discover that God has deposited something with him that can be used as a launch-pad for his business.
It is evident that when a man becomes desperate, he tends to generate more ideas and think of more solutions.

I quite love the testimony shared by FORGIVEN. Irrespective of the poor infrastructure in Nigeria, many young men and women are still forging ahead simply by not throwing in the towel for lack of MONEY.
In Nigerian cities, it is still possible for someone to start a successful business from ground zero. Once you don't mind doing the work of a labourer despite your B.Sc. it is a matter of time, you will eventually get the capital to fund your idea.
Re: You Do Not Need Money To Start A Successful Business by Butty: 3:23pm On Oct 19, 2006
I think the author has made a lot of points on this thread,many of those that disagree did not read his postings thoroughly.I don't think the topic should be the issue but his argument should have been considered.
@my opinion
  i sincerely agree that you will surely need money to run your business but we may not start at all if we have to wait untill we have the financial capacity that our business plans require.
Re: You Do Not Need Money To Start A Successful Business by Gettolove(m): 3:32pm On Oct 19, 2006
I don't know why people are so premisentric and never considered my subsequent postings after the one i pioneered. I have said it repeatedly that money should not be an excuse for not starting a BIZ, I am not saying an idea without MONEY AT ALL, i prefer the topic this way to change our mentality of wanting to have all the billions in the world before we start our own business.
     An average nigerian will never consider =N=100,000 as enough money to start a buz, and honestly you can turn around this money with good initiatives and grow.

PLS READ MY POSTINGS FROM THE BEGINING
Re: You Do Not Need Money To Start A Successful Business by Radiant(f): 9:16pm On Oct 19, 2006
Gettolove, I read all your postings very clearly and understood whatever freaking point you were trying to make.

You do need money, no matter how little or big the capital, you definitely need it. Even with N500.00 or N100.000 one can start a business.
We're not talking about the business at hand, but "any" business.

scribe:

In Nigerian cities, it is still possible for someone to start a successful business from ground zero. Once you don't mind doing the work of a labourer despite your B.Sc. it is a matter of time, you will eventually get the capital to fund your idea.

Basically, it all comes to the conclusion that one needs capital.Period!

Getto and Onyek, best wishes while in Dreamland.
Re: You Do Not Need Money To Start A Successful Business by dennylove(m): 6:39am On Oct 20, 2006
RADIANT,first of all,i know you are a BIG GIRL wit CLASS,from a RESPECTED N RESPONSIBLE home,tha doesn't mean you should be ABUSIVE N INSULTIVE toward peoples.pls SHOW SOME RESPECT TO GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in this forum ok,
and pls apologise to BABYBOYGHETTO,
Re: You Do Not Need Money To Start A Successful Business by naija4life(f): 8:42am On Oct 20, 2006
Even 419ners need money to run things, why are we still talking about this now, haba (yawns)
Re: You Do Not Need Money To Start A Successful Business by forgiven(m): 10:32am On Oct 20, 2006
OK, lets put it that u can start biz with fifty naira if u want to see fifty naira as money. And who said Radiant is a big girl?
Re: You Do Not Need Money To Start A Successful Business by Monehin: 1:46pm On Oct 20, 2006
Iam interested in livestock keeping, I have stated with two goats but I need high breed goats and loan. I reside in ondo town in ondo state of Nigeria. From Monehin samuel
Re: You Do Not Need Money To Start A Successful Business by Radiant(f): 1:58pm On Oct 20, 2006
Radiant up, Radiant down. When you have your own daughters, name each of them Radiant.

I can only speak the truth and therefore, I owe no one any apologies.
Re: You Do Not Need Money To Start A Successful Business by Gettolove(m): 4:49pm On Oct 20, 2006
@monehin
you have defeated FEAR by starting with those two goats and you have taken the biggest step, what you need to do now is to try and seek financial assistance from all sources available to you, you can get loans from friends and families.
There are some NGOs (non governmental organisations) that can assist you in various ways, there are also micro finance companies that can lend you a minimum of =N=100,000 with a convenient repayment terms and conditions.
I will also advice you to attend seminars and workshops relating to livestocks and other agricultural based stuffs, this will give you more exposures and also enable you to maximise use of resources and minimise wastages

WISH YOU DA BST
Re: You Do Not Need Money To Start A Successful Business by Butty: 5:48pm On Oct 20, 2006
Monehin:

Iam interested in livestock keeping, I have stated with two goats but I need high breed goats and loan. I reside in ondo town in ondo state of Nigeria. From Monehin samuel

guy i think you have all it takes to own a ranch in ondo state cos there is land every where and you might not need to pay a dine in some cases.
think big and grow big
Re: You Do Not Need Money To Start A Successful Business by jmore: 1:31am On Oct 21, 2006
[color=#000099][/color][b][/b]

Haven read this, lets join hands together to do this if anyone is interested in starting a business with me without any capital.

This property is located in Jos Plateau State and the asking price is 10,000,000. Join me to sell this property and we would have also started business without any capital.

This is what more you need to know:

1.Light Industrial layout covered by Right of occupancy No. PL 16014.
2.Close to the road measuring 7630.54Sq metres.
3.There is a building which could be used for stores & offices.
4.Has a vast undeveloped land.

I will wait for replies via matlevi@gmail.com or call;08036086925 to speak to Omora Emmanuel Omora.
Re: You Do Not Need Money To Start A Successful Business by Radiant(f): 12:54pm On Oct 21, 2006
Na mouth dem use build the property
Re: You Do Not Need Money To Start A Successful Business by Nsamike: 3:04pm On Oct 21, 2006
Money by itself is idea. You need a good IDEA to suceed in business. To fuel your idea, you need money which IS another idea from the original IDEA for your business. Therefore, idea is everything not money. All the best Guys.
Re: You Do Not Need Money To Start A Successful Business by anizzle(m): 7:09pm On Oct 21, 2006
GUY SLOW DOWN,IDEAS DONT JUST GROW WINGS AND FLY, IF U DONT WANT PARTNERS ,THE IDEA OF SAVING UP WITH A "SCRUNGIE" JOB COULD BE FRUSTRATING.
TAKE ME FOR EXAMPLE, I HAVE AN IDEA FOR A NAIJA WEB COMMUNITY DAT WILL BLOW ONLINE FOLKS AWAY.AND I AM STILL LESS THAN 50% THRU .ALL IN THE NAME OF FUNDS. BUT SOME HOW SHA, WE NAIJA PPL ALWAYS FIND A WAY. I STILL BELIEVE, I KNOW WOT THE NAIJA DREAM IS COS I DREAM IT EVERY DAY WITH MY EYES OPEN
Re: You Do Not Need Money To Start A Successful Business by Gettolove(m): 10:02pm On Oct 21, 2006
anizzle:

GUY SLOW DOWN,IDEAS DONT JUST GROW WINGS AND FLY, IF U DONT WANT PARTNERS ,THE IDEA OF SAVING UP WITH A "SCRUNGIE" JOB COULD BE FRUSTRATING.
TAKE ME FOR EXAMPLE, I HAVE AN IDEA FOR A NAIJA WEB COMMUNITY DAT WILL BLOW ONLINE FOLKS AWAY.AND I AM STILL LESS THAN 50% THRU .ALL IN THE NAME OF FUNDS. BUT SOME HOW SHA, WE NAIJA PPL ALWAYS FIND A WAY. I STILL BELIEVE, I KNOW WOT THE NAIJA DREAM IS COS I DREAM IT EVERY DAY WITH MY EYES OPEN

This is exactly what i am saying, your idea should be the driving force behind your business plans. I know it may be tough but this is the only way you can discover your talent cos a genious delayed is a genious denied.
Open your eyes and find out who can support you, there is always a WAY OUT
Re: You Do Not Need Money To Start A Successful Business by Radiant(f): 10:36pm On Oct 21, 2006
Gettolove, did you actually get annizle's point Please don't wake me from sleep. Get your head checked or just shut it.

Starting a business and dreaming of one ain't the same thing.  angry
Re: You Do Not Need Money To Start A Successful Business by kheme(m): 1:04am On Oct 22, 2006
i know!
Re: You Do Not Need Money To Start A Successful Business by sunnybabs(m): 3:19pm On Oct 23, 2006
I agree that the business idea is more important than capital in ensuring a successful business but it does not stop there. Most businesses with bright ideas fail simply because business owners fail in updating their knowledge about the business they are in. After establishing the business and enjoying a momentary successful blitz, they simply go to sleep and deterioration steps in.

Constant appraisal and reappraisal of ideas is very important.
Re: You Do Not Need Money To Start A Successful Business by jammin(m): 8:09pm On Oct 23, 2006
This is my input for this thread, and it is in the form of a question: How many of you that have contributed advice and opionions on this thread are millionaires in $US dollar terms or better yet billionaires in naija currency?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Traders In Ghana Kick Against Non-compliance With ECOWAS’ Protocols / THE BEST DAILY 2odd Around(sports Trading) / Sesame Seed Export

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.