Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

You Do Not Need Money To Start A Successful Business - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / You Do Not Need Money To Start A Successful Business (7282 Views)

Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! / Why Is It That Seun Of Nairaland Does Not Need Money Where Money Is Floating / Bank Accounts And People You Don't Wanna Send Money To - Part 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Do Not Need Money To Start A Successful Business by dennylove(m): 7:17am On Oct 30, 2006
RADI,see ur dog ASS, like ur PARROT MOUTH, cool cool cool
Re: You Do Not Need Money To Start A Successful Business by Gettolove(m): 1:31pm On Oct 30, 2006
I think SEUN should create a new link to be called BEEF , this is where radiant should be and not links meant for guys trying to learn from one another.

I would rather reply an important post instead of yapping, I value my time like money
Re: You Do Not Need Money To Start A Successful Business by Radiant(f): 2:28pm On Oct 30, 2006
Haba! Getto, i think say we don settle? sad sad sad

Ok, no worries. The "beef" continues[b] Mr Peanut [/b] grin grin grin

@Jamin and Denny I'm sure you guys would have raped my dog if u had your way. If you wan c my pic kuku tell me and stop drooling over my dog's ass shocked grin grin grin

Rudy, I take it you said I'm beautiful wink otherwise, my hot water is comin on u soon lol
Re: You Do Not Need Money To Start A Successful Business by anizzle(m): 9:31pm On Oct 30, 2006
no hard feelings,but u all sound like a bunch of overfed cats with too much money and a small minds to help you use it right.IS THIS WOT WE R SUPPOSE TO BE DICUSSING!!!
contribute or leave the thread.wasting my 100naira time reading all this crap beef talk
Re: You Do Not Need Money To Start A Successful Business by Radiant(f): 9:40pm On Oct 30, 2006
Eyaaaa poor you cry

Nairalanders, charity donation oya ooo grin grin grin
Re: You Do Not Need Money To Start A Successful Business by Gettolove(m): 10:38am On Oct 31, 2006
PITFALLS IN SME INVESTMENT

THIS IS A PAGE IN TODAY'S GUARDIAN COURTESY OF DIAMOND BANK.
STARTING WITH TOO MUCH CAPITAL The fact remains that if you start with too much capital far more than you would ordinarily use, there is tendency that you will run into tempting spending spree.You will be tempted to spend on things that are not part of the primary demands of the project.A record of the SME failure rate indicate that more of projects with heavy financial outlay have failed or have failed to live up to their billings, while most of the ones that have written their success stories operated within  some strict capital that were just adequate for their operations

GOING IN WITH LITTLE OR NO EXPERIENCE We gave you the priviledge of knowing where to get your instructions ealier in this series when we looked at SME instructions.We intended to have you well exposed before the final take-off.If you did not do that before full take-off you may fall into the pitfall of going into business with little or no experience and without first learning something about the industry or the market. Do not be deceived into not taking appropriate tutorial because of your degree or certificates or skills and contracts . They could add to what you need to do well but getting into the real market and industry where you want to play and knowing it better could be the key for your staying in that business as long as you want to and doing well as much as you can, 

I have taken my time to extract this for us to see that one may not neccessarily require huge capital to start a buz, the other factors are as important if not more important than capital.
Re: You Do Not Need Money To Start A Successful Business by anizzle(m): 4:36pm On Oct 31, 2006
u this radiant girl , u too like beef talk! enjoy ursef sha.
Re: You Do Not Need Money To Start A Successful Business by Radiant(f): 5:30pm On Oct 31, 2006
No na Fish talk I like undecided
Re: You Do Not Need Money To Start A Successful Business by dennylove(m): 11:39pm On Oct 31, 2006
RADDYBABY,what going on, no mind anizzle he dey love up 4 you! abi you wan give CHANCE? grin grin
Re: You Do Not Need Money To Start A Successful Business by Radiant(f): 4:01pm On Nov 01, 2006
hahaha. . . . fear no catch am? Hin know hin level naw
Re: You Do Not Need Money To Start A Successful Business by jayvin01: 2:16am On Aug 04, 2007
i dont believe this!!, well in some cases it works, but its a very long thing, money come slow but im not into things like this, it depend sha, na your taste matter, me, i get a very high taste cool, and i dont do half bread!, (full bread is better than whatever)

Re: You Do Not Need Money To Start A Successful Business by page9(m): 9:43am On May 10, 2012
@ ghettolove, forgiven and onyek

Old habits die hard, 80% of graduates in Nigeria have "Job Seeking Mindset", 17% of them desire to set up their own business but see capital as an undefeatable obstacle hence they join the first batch of 80% totally 97%!

Only about 3% of this population is making serious progress with their lives.

The 2 holy books mentioned that the poor will always be in our midst.

By their mindset,some people are in perpetual marriage with poverty. While some choose the 7am to 8pm banking work (which appear juicy) because of the fear of unknown.

I will rather not comment on the topic, i am more interested in the fact that a determined and persistent man or woman with a good idea and willingness to share can always find a way to raise capital.

I have single-handedly financed someone's idea.

From my experience, most people do not believe in their idea. Some often create a phony idea to swindle others.

Therefore, the fact that someone refuse to finance your idea does not mean you should give up.

The most important thing in business is you and your mindset.

No matter how you try to convince some lost minds, they will not yield.

Not their fault, it is the way God almighty and nature made it that less than 5% of any country's population will be rich (China & USA inclusive)

For those who desire to join the 5%, be ready to burn the midnight candle.

I remember the story of a lady, she was a student of Unilag then, she wanted to engage in recharge card sales on campus, then I was a GSM dealer.

She needed N50,000 worth of stock. I told her, i could not give her 100% credit but if she could provide 50% of the capital (N25,000), then we can help with the balance.

She promised to raise the money. A week after, she came back telling me to give her the N25k stock i promised her without putting the balance! Because she had use the money for something else!

Upon enquiry, she confessed she that she bought Samsung phone "Razor blade" as it was called then from someone who bought the phone for N45,000 and was willing to sell it to her for a give away price of N25k.

Hence, she gave the seller the 25k she had raised for the recharge card business because she did not want to miss the offer!

What do you make of this? If someone can divert her seed capital for such an impulse buying product, do you need a crystal ball to know that such person cannot be trusted with other peoples money?

Nigeria is full of these kind of people. No discipline of any sort!

2 Likes

Re: You Do Not Need Money To Start A Successful Business by Harpesin(m): 6:18am On Dec 13, 2013
Thanks for dis kind of topic, have bn following dis topic right from beginning. After all said and done, I have a very lucrative idea cos I work with shipping coy for over 5years now but in a situation where u are bn paid peanut, u know one man business of a thing.....Now I discovered that my ideas/skills are just bn used and bn given token....I summoned courage to start lifting product on my own, I have generated buyers, all ideas are on ground on ao to go about it, buyers are ready to buy but not ready to drop their money cos we are new to each other, my survey shown that they need d product, all I need now is to raise money (1.5m) to buy from depot and move to my client who are ready to pay on delivery .....I have uncompleted 3 bedroom (roofing level) but the documents which I can use as a collateral not @ hand as am yet to balance like 350k....now u guys shd tell me ao I can execute dis idea witot money. Remember that families n friend don't lend out money when it comes to business, they only lend u when u have police problem, court case, sickness, burial, or any other issue which they know u can't make anything good out of it.
Re: You Do Not Need Money To Start A Successful Business by Harpesin(m): 7:02am On Dec 13, 2013
I will like to support those who said money is needed in any business, no matter how small it is....Some years back, I had some good ideas but all were stolen from me while seeking for fund to execute my ideas.....when u have money, u buy ideas and people to manage it....for instance, when MTN n Econet first arrived, they dominated every where and making their cool cash in Nigeria, if Adenuga did not have money but only idea, will he be able to fall d price at all? If its only idea, MTN will just buy him and his idea will be used on top of peanut. Though if u have good idea and u have back up u are unlimited o .......Money answereth all things
Re: You Do Not Need Money To Start A Successful Business by dammylarey(m): 9:07pm On Dec 30, 2013
Harpesin: I will like to support those who said money is needed in any business, no matter how small it is....Some years back, I had some good ideas but all were stolen from me while seeking for fund to execute my ideas.....when u have money, u buy ideas and people to manage it....for instance, when MTN n Econet first arrived, they dominated every where and making their cool cash in Nigeria, if Adenuga did not have money but only idea, will he be able to fall d price at all? If its only idea, MTN will just buy him and his idea will be used on top of peanut. Though if u have good idea and u have back up u are unlimited o .......Money answereth all things

FREE CASH ONLINE WITHOUT ANY FINANCIAL COMMITMENT!!!
click here now to get your own free $25 trust me... http://boomoffice.com/forum/index.php/topic,48.msg48.html#msg48

Are still doubting? after all i won't request any money from you so what's you stress...http://boomoffice.com/forum/index.php/topic,48.msg48.html#msg48
Re: You Do Not Need Money To Start A Successful Business by DeGenius3(m): 9:44am On Jul 21, 2015
stevematix:
first of all i would like to say one thing. ideas do count when opening a business. it definitely comes before capital. however, there is one thing which we all overlook; and that is skill. a good idea will cost bigtime if u don't have the necessary skill to handle it. i will give u an example: there's this uy who wanted to go into magazine publishing. now this idea of publishing a magazine was a good idea that required very little capital. all he needed to start it was just 2 computers. then he encountered a problem, he did not have the skill to work the computers that wuold give him the result he was looking for in his magazine business. hence he had to hire professionals, which by the way, don't come cheap. so in the long run he did make a lot from the magazine business, but he had to account for bills by paying the expensive computer experts.

U NEED A SKILL TO PURSUE AN IDEA TO RUN A SUCCESSFULL BUSINESS.

RELEVANT SKILL + FOOL-PROFF IDEA = SUCESSFUL BUSINESS.

good talk friend.
Re: You Do Not Need Money To Start A Successful Business by DeGenius3(m): 9:47am On Jul 21, 2015
Seriously, Making money in life is a result of Ideas.

And best of all, ideas that solve problems.

if you've got that idea that can help someone
out there, then you can gain the necessary
knowledge that will equip you to do so Here:

http://serialbusinessinfo.com.new.anb.html.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Your Own Business And You, Try Snail Farming / Sanusi Lamido Sanusi Interviewed On ABN Digital / LAD GLOBAL SERVICES: SHIP FROM USA ONLINE STORES TO NIGERIA $5/LBS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.