Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,666 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:47 PM

New INEC Chairman: Buhari Is A Sectional Leader, Says Fayose - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New INEC Chairman: Buhari Is A Sectional Leader, Says Fayose (34104 Views)

I Want Magu As EFCC Chairman - Buhari Insists / Treasury Single Account Is A Fraud, Says Fayose / Prof Mohamood Yusuf: Top 10 Things You Need To Know About The New INEC Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New INEC Chairman: Buhari Is A Sectional Leader, Says Fayose by solonazzy: 7:39pm On Oct 22, 2015
basilo101:
When yorubas say igbos dont build bridges along ethnic divide i laf at their mumuism. we all kw buhari's antecedents and we rejected him ryt from the time he tried to deceive us by running with Okadigbo and Ume-Ezeoke. our yes is yes and our no is no. we dnt want Buhari. Igbos were strongly behind Obasanjo, a yoruba man, and Shehu shagari an hausa man, both were sensitive to nigerias diversity and tried to carry everybody along. but yorubas embrace the devil as long as they think Igbos will be affected more
R u nt tired of wailing?.... If 2019 gets closer, raise alarm again... U might b lucky dat tym.... Bt for nw, u seriously need a break
Re: New INEC Chairman: Buhari Is A Sectional Leader, Says Fayose by thinkdip(m): 7:39pm On Oct 22, 2015
Jarus:
This guy is mad. Then all the past Presidents of Nigeria who appointed Southerners as INEC Chair was southern sectional leader too.

Nigeria has had like 10 NEC chairman since first republic and none before Jega was a northerner.

Can someone also tell him that Yakubu was one the guys GEJ considered for the job in 2011 before settling for Jega.
you make no sense at all

6 Likes

Re: New INEC Chairman: Buhari Is A Sectional Leader, Says Fayose by cuteboy2: 7:42pm On Oct 22, 2015
tosyne2much:
For all I care, I'm only concerned about positive change, not after who should be elected as a minister or not cool

Are you getting the "positive change"?
Practically, all of GEJ's policies that were pooh-poohed by Buhari is being recycled shamelessly.

The ones Buhari cannot recycle he destroys it, only to have a rethink a few weeks down the road. Good example is the incontrovertible gains and stellar performance in Agriculture, that made Buhari to actively fight for GEJ's Agric Minister to be elevated to the exalted position President of the African Development Bank, even before Buhari was sworn in.

Part and parcel of GEJ's Agric policy was to gradually increase tariff, and eventually ban importation of rice to encourage local production that was massively ramping up. Even his worst critics applauded him on his Agric policies and solid achievements. He ended the perennial fertilizer scam, much to the chagrin and dislike of Northern elites.. The entire rice value chain was coming alive. Now Buhari has thrown the door open to unbridled rice importation thereby threatening to kill off this sector.

Perhaps this was one of the conditions America gave him so they will "support" the war on corruption and give him peanuts to take care of IDPs. Is that enough to mortgage Agric sector and the livelihood of many rice grower, millers, etc?

5 Likes

Re: New INEC Chairman: Buhari Is A Sectional Leader, Says Fayose by Pidggin(f): 7:42pm On Oct 22, 2015
Before change came tribalism was only discussed in a hushed tone, now that there is change it has been ingrained in our daily vocabulary, how sad is this?

4 Likes

Re: New INEC Chairman: Buhari Is A Sectional Leader, Says Fayose by ransomed: 7:47pm On Oct 22, 2015
Just the way Fayose is a clanish leader from Afao Ekiti. Once a tout, always a tout. Agbero governor.
Re: New INEC Chairman: Buhari Is A Sectional Leader, Says Fayose by sweatlana: 7:53pm On Oct 22, 2015
basilo101:
When yorubas say igbos dont build bridges along ethnic divide i laf at their mumuism. we all kw buhari's antecedents and we rejected him ryt from the time he tried to deceive us by running with Okadigbo and Ume-Ezeoke. our yes is yes and our no is no. we dnt want Buhari. Igbos were strongly behind Obasanjo, a yoruba man, and Shehu shagari an hausa man, both were sensitive to nigerias diversity and tried to carry everybody along. but yorubas embrace the devil as long as they think Igbos will be affected more

So only piont
Re: New INEC Chairman: Buhari Is A Sectional Leader, Says Fayose by huthority01(m): 7:58pm On Oct 22, 2015
MWTGDAra:
see more
[url=http://][/url]
yeah!! there is no such thing as hell fire!! even GOD ALMIGHTY use his own mouth to say that it has never crossed his mind to burn his own piple in fire - jeremiah 7:30 & 31

I pray for you over the things that concerns God.
Re: New INEC Chairman: Buhari Is A Sectional Leader, Says Fayose by roscoman: 7:59pm On Oct 22, 2015
Nigeria has enter 1 chance,don't complain, 4years is still far. GEJ MY ROLE MODEL. Gov. Fayose Ijaya Tinubu, Sleepless night PMB and Major Problem for APC. Lets wait till 2019.

1 Like

Re: New INEC Chairman: Buhari Is A Sectional Leader, Says Fayose by taofeektaiwo(m): 8:01pm On Oct 22, 2015
If truly u believe what u said then the driver of our bus is confuse ultimately u are finish
ernesty20:
What do u expect when we have a confused man as a president?
Re: New INEC Chairman: Buhari Is A Sectional Leader, Says Fayose by rusher14: 8:03pm On Oct 22, 2015
Heaven would not fall if Jega is removed...Fayose
Re: New INEC Chairman: Buhari Is A Sectional Leader, Says Fayose by cymidas(m): 8:07pm On Oct 22, 2015
The truth must be said at all time fayose my man
Re: New INEC Chairman: Buhari Is A Sectional Leader, Says Fayose by Mcowubaba: 8:10pm On Oct 22, 2015
dougivilla:
Dear Fayose,

please exercise a little more patience. PMB will still balance the appointments out. The fullness of time is still very much ahead!. lol

Chai, one chance indeed!!!!
Exactly, Sai Baba will surely balance the appointments.....
Chief plumber- Igbo man
Chief tailor -Igbo man
Chief cook- Bayelsa man
Chief maid- Igbo man
Chief driver- Igbo man again cheesy
Special assistant on ironing nd polishing- Igbo man again

relax my Igbo brothers...in the fullness of time una go get appointments pass Northerns wink

3 Likes

Re: New INEC Chairman: Buhari Is A Sectional Leader, Says Fayose by fascowilly(m): 8:12pm On Oct 22, 2015
kestolove95:
Taut
honestly you right.
Re: New INEC Chairman: Buhari Is A Sectional Leader, Says Fayose by Nobody: 8:13pm On Oct 22, 2015
olaafirst:
Buhari is not yoruba DAT always sell dere right to another tribe

THE MOST UNDERRATED POST EVER

You know if I could give you a thousand likes I would, you know that bro?
Re: New INEC Chairman: Buhari Is A Sectional Leader, Says Fayose by Nobody: 8:13pm On Oct 22, 2015
I agree with fayose for d first time since he became governor. PMB shd v chosen someone from south. By may 29 nxt year I will assess PMB. If he falls short of basic expectation...d vex Wey I go use attack am...he go GEJ own...
Re: New INEC Chairman: Buhari Is A Sectional Leader, Says Fayose by dougivilla(m): 8:13pm On Oct 22, 2015
cuteboy2:

You are missing the point completely.

All past governments in Nigeria have always exercised care to ensure that the electoral body chairman always comes from another part of the country from that of the President or Head of State. Go and check the records, beginning with the late Justices Ovie-Whiskey during Shagari's 2nd republic.

Even OBJ with all his shenanigans respected this convention to assuage the feelings of other parts of the country and to foster confidence in the electoral process.

It is not about balancing. Go and read Fayose's statement carefully again. Right now all arms of the government reside firmly in the hadns of the North, including the election umpire. It has never happed like this.

Under Buhari what we have is:

Executive Arm - North (Buhari)
Legislative Arm - North (Saraki/Dogara)
Judiciary - North (Justices Mahmud Mohammed).

In fact the last 4 Supreme Court Chief Justices of Nigeria have been Northerners ( Katsina-Alu, Dahiru Musdapher, Aloma Mariam Mukhtar, and Mahmud Mohammed)

This is truly scary
It was just sarcasm at play.

Check again.

1 Like

Re: New INEC Chairman: Buhari Is A Sectional Leader, Says Fayose by ebonytarki(m): 8:19pm On Oct 22, 2015
Dis fayose is just a noise maker......if e dey pain am wit PMB governmnt,he shud just die.na onli him get mouth?
Re: New INEC Chairman: Buhari Is A Sectional Leader, Says Fayose by mikolo80: 8:20pm On Oct 22, 2015
Mekus68:
Nigeria is right now practicing northernocrasy. So what else do u expect.
is your governor a northerner
your senator nko
governor,chairman,councillor
make una try think before talking
Re: New INEC Chairman: Buhari Is A Sectional Leader, Says Fayose by Excellentmind: 8:22pm On Oct 22, 2015
We warned this generation of thoughtless youth, but they didn't listen.

Now the result is out, enjoy it.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: New INEC Chairman: Buhari Is A Sectional Leader, Says Fayose by Nobody: 8:24pm On Oct 22, 2015
mikolo80:
is your governor a northerner
your senator nko
governor,chairman,councillor
make una try think before talking

ode

1 Like

Re: New INEC Chairman: Buhari Is A Sectional Leader, Says Fayose by Nobody: 8:24pm On Oct 22, 2015
ebonytarki:
Dis fayose is just a noise maker......if e dey pain am wit PMB governmnt,he shud just die.na onli him get mouth?

fool
Re: New INEC Chairman: Buhari Is A Sectional Leader, Says Fayose by bbjummy: 8:31pm On Oct 22, 2015
We have seen nothing yet
Re: New INEC Chairman: Buhari Is A Sectional Leader, Says Fayose by SeverusSnape(m): 8:31pm On Oct 22, 2015
tosyne2much:
For all I care, I'm only concerned about positive change, not after who should be elected as a minister or not cool
Bros, abeg go back your Romance section. Are ministers elected or appointed?

The INEC chairman we're talking about wasn't even elected but appointed.

Besides, what "positive change" are you seeing currently?

Fayose is always saying the truth as it is.

Truly, The north owns this hell hole of a country.

2 Likes

Re: New INEC Chairman: Buhari Is A Sectional Leader, Says Fayose by ernesty20(m): 8:33pm On Oct 22, 2015
K[quote author=tola9ja post=39251615][/quote]
Re: New INEC Chairman: Buhari Is A Sectional Leader, Says Fayose by tete7000(m): 8:37pm On Oct 22, 2015
Jarus:
This guy is mad. Then all the past Presidents of Nigeria who appointed Southerners as INEC Chair were southern sectional leaders too.

Nigeria has had like 12 NEC chairman since first republic and none before Jega was a northerner.

Can someone also tell him that Yakubu was one the guys GEJ considered for the job in 2011 before settling for Jega.

He considered before appointing Jega. Hear yourself - He appointed Jega and not Yakubu. You must be a mind reader to have known who GEJ considered. I and many other Nigerians are only aware of who he appointed.

2 Likes

Re: New INEC Chairman: Buhari Is A Sectional Leader, Says Fayose by Nobody: 8:39pm On Oct 22, 2015
Bobbystanley:
Bitter truth

That's my role model talking.
He is not a coward like his Kinsmen.

Fayose's mother is hiding something from the public.
All those Period she use to go to Onitsha to buy palm oil. I'm suspecting she did something with one of our own that produced Ayodele.

He is outspoken like the igbos.

"outspoken like the igbos"?? pls which igbos are outspoken?? pls name them. we know fela was outspoken, gani fawehinmi was outspoken, tunde bakare is outspoken, obasanjo is outspoken, fani kayode is outspoken .etc. and they spoke up against military and civillian presidents in power.

where are d outspoken igbos, which ones please? so as much as ur tribe hates nigeria, u dont have any leader antagonizing d govt. Abi its only ur saviour kanu dt is outspoken? u know they say ur greatest weakness is what u see in others. Igbos are only gd at talking behind pples backs & then backstabbing them at night like cowards. They are not outspoken.

1 Like

Re: New INEC Chairman: Buhari Is A Sectional Leader, Says Fayose by Forwetinnah: 8:39pm On Oct 22, 2015
Come-on!!!, una dey make me vex!. Who said buhari actually wanted to fight corruption?, which credibility would he use?, is it the forgery of result?, the swearing oath over what he does not have?, the lie about borrowing 27million to pick nomination form?, the having 150 cows for several years?, the stolen $2.8billion traced to his foreign account in the 70s as petroleum minister?, the ptf's missing 25billion naira under his directive as the chairman?, the 53 suitcases him and Aticle had fracas over as military head of state?, the jungle justice of 1984?, the names, of which Aisha's, his wife, is included who did the halliburton runs, as received by him from US?, the current pilfering of money directly from the federation account?, the making and denying of campaign promises?, let me pause. But, please, apart from abacha and babangida, tell me who else has this ground breaking corruption record/history in Nigeria?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: New INEC Chairman: Buhari Is A Sectional Leader, Says Fayose by Darlington1976(m): 8:39pm On Oct 22, 2015
Igbos n some core die hard South South knows Buhari pedigree n antecedents dats why we didn't vote for him and as such will be in d opposition tru out his dictatorship; I only pity d Yoruba's dat Thiefnibu blindfolded to voting d Hausa Fulani man into power una never see anything

1 Like

Re: New INEC Chairman: Buhari Is A Sectional Leader, Says Fayose by lanreg95(m): 8:39pm On Oct 22, 2015
Pmb only hv d power to appoint d head of d judiciary..nigerians voted for pmb tru d polls,d legislatives elected dere leaders by its own member whom ar being voted tru d polls too...d fact dat pmb must balance it all by appointing a non northerner to head d judiciary makes no sense if dere ar beta senior justices from d north according to ranks.
common sense isnt common afterall
Re: New INEC Chairman: Buhari Is A Sectional Leader, Says Fayose by gabicon: 8:42pm On Oct 22, 2015
i'm kind of confused here PMB brought his proposal for INEC Chairman to the council of state, why didnt Gov Fayose raise an opposition to it there and then? Cos it is clearly stated that council of state approved the man in question and by my understanding Fayose as a governor is a member.
Re: New INEC Chairman: Buhari Is A Sectional Leader, Says Fayose by senier007(m): 8:48pm On Oct 22, 2015
Fayose always on the news for not just cause, he was at the meeting but didn't raise any objection to it and now he is running his gutter mouth for talking sake. Hmmmm
I smell "pay time" after the recent panel raised by army to look into what happen both in ekiti n osun
#EkitiGate

Re: New INEC Chairman: Buhari Is A Sectional Leader, Says Fayose by mikolo80: 8:56pm On Oct 22, 2015
PappyMason:

ode
insults won't solve the problem
usually insults signifies an empty brain/impotent debate
inferior ideas so you want to braggado your way thru

you might wanna get that checked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Osun Spent N11.7bn Paris Club Refund / Ebubeagu Killings In Awomama: Nnamdi Kanu's Brother Reacts (Video, Pix) / Supreme Court Judgement that Upheld INEC Power to Declare Election Inconclusive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.