Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,360 members, 7,815,766 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

Is Smoking And Taking Recreational Drugs Like Cocaine A Sin Before God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Smoking And Taking Recreational Drugs Like Cocaine A Sin Before God? (1588 Views)

Is Glo Blackberry Subscription On Android Sin Before God. Pls Read This. / Is Smoking A Sin? / Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Smoking And Taking Recreational Drugs Like Cocaine A Sin Before God? by tudor(m): 7:11pm On May 03, 2009
I'd like to ask those who knw the bible and are well versed in christian doctrines to tell me if smoking and taking drugs is a sin,cuz from my knwoledge of d bible i've never seen where it says 'thou shouldst not smoketh', pls if u thin it's sin,back it up with d relevant scripture so i can check it out, cheers!
Re: Is Smoking And Taking Recreational Drugs Like Cocaine A Sin Before God? by noetic(m): 9:22am On May 04, 2009
what does ur conscience say?
Re: Is Smoking And Taking Recreational Drugs Like Cocaine A Sin Before God? by redsun(m): 9:37am On May 04, 2009
In cases like this,bible stories tend to make sense.Of course it's sinful against oneself for one to be dangerously harming himself with things like cocaine,alcohol and cigarette,weed is understandable because is natural.

Just common sense and discipline
Re: Is Smoking And Taking Recreational Drugs Like Cocaine A Sin Before God? by infoweb(m): 4:20pm On May 04, 2009
Hi Poster,

You need not expect to see things that God expect you to make use of your common sence to infer judgement in the bible.

THE PRODUCERS OF CIGERATES DO WRITE ON THEIR PACKETS THAT TOBACCO SMOKING IS DANGEROUS TO HEALTH.  Do you think that they are joking about that?

Moreso, If one is of God, such one need to know that not all things are expedient, though may be lawful.

If eating meat will cause your brother to stumble, abstain from eating meat. Hope you've come across words of this nature in your bible.  Romans, Corinthians.

Cleave to God.
Bless you.
Re: Is Smoking And Taking Recreational Drugs Like Cocaine A Sin Before God? by tudor(m): 4:58pm On May 04, 2009
@noetic,concience has nothing to do with this.i want to knw if it's a sin,besides concience is rily affected by the society you live in
Re: Is Smoking And Taking Recreational Drugs Like Cocaine A Sin Before God? by noetic(m): 6:48pm On May 04, 2009
tudor:

@noetic,concience has nothing to do with this.i want to knw if it's a sin,besides concience is rily affected by the society you live in

ur conscience has a whole lot to do with it. I dont believe God punishes anyone for a sin of whose knowledge they don't have.

u know tobacco is extremely harmful to ur health,
u also know it leads to several diseases, cos it contains lots of unsubstantiated substances. why then should anyone smoke?

if one would only quit smoking because it is a sin, then one is simply religious? if u smoke, quit because of ur health.
Re: Is Smoking And Taking Recreational Drugs Like Cocaine A Sin Before God? by Image123(m): 3:26pm On May 05, 2009
The Lord Jesus makes us to realise that when The Holy Ghost comes,He'll guide God's children into all truth.I'm yet to see or hear of a possessor of the HOLY Spirit that smokes or approves of smoking or hard drugs.The practise is more associated with irresponsible people and criminals.Children of God do not copy criminals.1Corinthians6v19 What?! Know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you,which ye have of God,and YE ARE NOT YOUR OWN? A true child of God/christian belongs to God as he/she has GIVEN his life to Christ.All you do now should be to the glory of God and not just for your personal pleasure.It means crucifixion
Re: Is Smoking And Taking Recreational Drugs Like Cocaine A Sin Before God? by tudor(m): 7:52pm On May 08, 2009
But i've seen men with the holy spirit drink caffeine which is a stimulant and over time causes addiction and neurological effects,they also take fast foods and other unhealthy foods,drink sugary stuffs lyk soft drinks,hell they even serve it to members during celebrations.all these are knwn to cause health complications over time,just like cigarretes.infact not everyone who smokes dies of cancer,the stats is lyk 1 in 4,
Re: Is Smoking And Taking Recreational Drugs Like Cocaine A Sin Before God? by Pittbaby(f): 7:57pm On May 08, 2009
your body is the temple of God anything that harms it is a sin , anything that causes you to sin or others to sin is against gods word.

Cigarettes are bad for you, Cocaine causes you to lose control ,

fill in the blanks
Re: Is Smoking And Taking Recreational Drugs Like Cocaine A Sin Before God? by tudor(m): 11:41pm On May 08, 2009
@pitbaby got it,so eating fast food is sin,eating sweets,taking caffeine will make me share a condo with satan in hell, thanks for the info
Re: Is Smoking And Taking Recreational Drugs Like Cocaine A Sin Before God? by Okijajuju1(m): 6:38am On May 09, 2009
grin

Very interesting post. When I saw the topic, I could predict the reponses it would get. "cigarettes kill" Harmful to your health" Body temple of the holy spirit" blah! Blah!.

The bible still said nothing bout smoking. I'm they were smoking something in those days, but the bible said nothing bout it.

If cigarettes are harmful to our health, then so are sodas, sweets, fast-food Mr biggs, alcohol, coffee, sugar, ice cream, e.t.c. So should a christian also quit these??! What about cellphones (emissions), microwave ovens, e.t.c?!

If the bible dont say nothing bout it, then the bible must be cool wit it! MY OPINION
Re: Is Smoking And Taking Recreational Drugs Like Cocaine A Sin Before God? by tudor(m): 8:45am On May 09, 2009
Soon they'll say emitting greenhouse gases is a sin,it's already finding its way into church doctrines in europe and america cuz of the latest buzz about global warming
Re: Is Smoking And Taking Recreational Drugs Like Cocaine A Sin Before God? by Image123(m): 11:58am On May 09, 2009
Why are you making irrational comparison and judgements?you shouldn't serve the same sentence on an hardcore criminal/murderer that you'll serve to someone who broke the taillight of a car.Comparing icecream and cellphones to cigarettes? I'm sure you're one of those who 'smoke responsibly'.

1 Like

Re: Is Smoking And Taking Recreational Drugs Like Cocaine A Sin Before God? by tudor(m): 4:44pm On May 09, 2009
Shut up you slowpoke! According to your useless religion a murderer and liar are they not going to the same hell? Or is there a more linient place for the liar?

(1) (Reply)

What Do Reverend Fathers Know About Marriages? / Is The Punishment Justified? / Somebody Shout Alleluhaaaaa - Nollywood John Okafor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.