Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,825 members, 7,851,783 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:06 AM

Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! (71654 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Phony200(m): 11:21am On May 25, 2009
As good as Evans is, 'm sure we'd all prefer to see Ferdinand partner Vida. It's as good as post season now. Transfer sagas and drama time grin grin cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by RuuDie(m): 12:53pm On May 25, 2009
I'd rather have Evans on. . . . . No use gambling over Rio's fitness. Evans is more than capable!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Emperoh(m): 2:52pm On May 25, 2009
I am sure of Fergie putting up a good team!
Whether Rio plays or Evans, our defence is the edge we have over Barca.
If we can be more matured and play with character, we will surely come out tops.

Evans is trusted to do the job. Same as O'shea who despite his errors always gets it right just somehow
The knock out game against Inter is a case in point for these two players!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Emperoh(m): 8:26am On May 26, 2009
Counting down to the greatest European final. . . . . .can't believe this thread is dry? No arguments!!

Anyway for ya viewing pleasure. . . passing for the first two goals where class!!

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={6DDFCB6E-3471-4E45-9385-F04D05F4A70D}&newsid=6632973
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by mcmedal(m): 8:50am On May 26, 2009
I am a strong united fan like you guys.Why won' pple admit that united is the best? Do they want them to win african nations cup and world cup b4 they admit.I was surfing the net and i saw on this blog that messi is better than ronaldo.some also said barca wd beat united in the ucl final at www.leaguefutbol..com
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Cristalz(f): 10:00am On May 26, 2009
Our man Berbatov is scared of taking penalty kicks tomorrow.  .  .

While I'm not happy about his lack of self-confidence, I think they should allow him sit penalties out for this game. Too crucial to gamble with. He can try regain his penalty confidence in some other game, but not this.

Rio's going to play.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Emperoh(m): 10:22am On May 26, 2009
Crizzle
was readding this on BBC gossip column, i couldn't help but laugh
But if nothing, i am sure of one thing. . . . . this match will end in 90 minutes. . . . . . .i can't stand the suspense of extra time and PKs.

Gosh!!

Rio won't mind going to Ijebu to concote some juju to make him play!! Blimey. . . . .this is the biggest game in any players career!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Cristalz(f): 10:56am On May 26, 2009
Emp

If it goes to ET I think I'll just have a heart attack,lol. grin Will be too intense.

Rio na Naija chief na, forgotten? He musta done some serious juju for Fergie. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by tubabie(f): 11:09am On May 26, 2009
Criz & Emp

Th fever is building, I'm finding it hard to concentrate today, cant wait for tomorrow!
The match is going to be decided in 90 or 120 mins.
Beautiful football beckons tomorrow.
One United. cool
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Emperoh(m): 11:22am On May 26, 2009
Cristalz:

Emp

If it goes to ET I think I'll just have a heart attack,lol. grin Will be too intense.
Rio na Naija chief na, forgotten? He musta done some serious juju for Fergie. grin
Nne
I have already ordered for some cans of Pwer horse to drown the anxiety. I just pray we win so i can expend the energy is jubilation. . .

I heard Sauron took him to some juju man in Ife when last he came to Naija grin grin

tubabie:

Criz & Emp

Th fever is building, I'm finding it hard to concentrate today, cant wait for tomorrow!
The match is going to be decided in 90 or 120 mins.
Beautiful football beckons tomorrow.
One United. cool
Beautiful what. . . . . .pragmatic at best.
Defend defend hit them on counter. Expect a replica of the Arsenal v Man U game!!

I hope we come out tops though!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by tkb417(m): 1:46pm On May 26, 2009
cant wait. . .
let us do our thingy again

One United!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Sauron1: 2:10pm On May 26, 2009
tkb417:

cant wait. . .
let us do our thingy again

One United!!!

How do you think United will line up tomorrow?
I have been told Puyol will play as RB tomorrow with Yaya Toure and Agent Pique as centre backs with Sylvinho as the LB.
The defence line is a joke. I will be very surprised if we don't score 3 goals tomorrow.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by tkb417(m): 2:20pm On May 26, 2009
~Sauron~:

How do you think United will line up tomorrow?
I have been told Puyol will play as RB tomorrow with Yaya Toure and Agent Pique as centre backs with Sylvinho as the LB.
The defence line is a joke. I will be very surprised if we don't score 3 goals tomorrow.
hommie
Sylvinho, Pique and Yaya at the back can only mean one thing
Victory for UTD. CR7 will blow minds away tmr

Cant wait.
do you use a BB?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Sauron1: 2:25pm On May 26, 2009
tkb417:

hommie
Sylvinho, Pique and Yaya at the back can only mean one thing
Victory for UTD. CR7 will blow minds away tmr

I dunno how Fergie will play CR7 but he seems up for it.
He won't let Messi dethrone him.
I pray he starts as a centre forward.

Cant wait.
do you use a BB?

Who is BB?? Berbatov?
Nah. . . . . . . .

The triumvirate in the midfield MUST be Park--Carrick--Anderson.
Front 3 should be Ronaldo, Rooney and Tevez.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by tkb417(m): 3:14pm On May 26, 2009
~Sauron~:

I dunno how Fergie will play CR7 but he seems up for it.
He won't let Messi dethrone him.
I pray he starts as a centre forward.

Who is BB?? Berbatov?
Nah. . . . . . . .

The triumvirate in the midfield MUST be Park--Carrick--Anderson.
Front 3 should be Ronaldo, Rooney and Tevez.

Im sure CR7 is up for this game. No doubt about it. anywhere the guy plays, its death!!!!!

BB=BlackBerry grin grin

I agree with ur midfield combo
Park, Ando and Carrick will rise up. They hold the key to our success tmr
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Emperoh(m): 3:20pm On May 26, 2009
The formation against Arsenal will work wonders.
All i just need is a perfect cover for O'shea and i believe Park and Anderson can do that
I don't need Messi running rings round Evra so pro'lly Ando to cup his right leg and he's finished

I don't like 4-3-3 but this seems the only formation that can work with these guys.
That defence Puyol-Yaya-Agent Pique-Silvinho? I can only smell danger. CR7 go kill person

Berbatov should pls ot come near the pitch. I am also afraid Fergie will field Giggs or Scholes. . . . .one of these OAPs will feature. . . . . . when is another issue. I pray its when its all wrapped.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Sauron1: 4:01pm On May 26, 2009
tkb417:

BB=BlackBerry grin grin

Yes o. . . . . .
I got me a BB storm late last year. cheesy grin

@ Emperoh,

If Ferguson starts Giggs/Scholes then we would struggle against Barca.
He tried experimenting it against Arsenal at OT and we were pathetic for 90 mins.
Barcelona would capitalise on Giggsy's old legs and hurt our defence. We need ball winners in that midfield.
Park-Anderson-Carrick will disgrace Barca's midfield.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by tkb417(m): 4:23pm On May 26, 2009
~Sauron~:

Yes o. . . . . .
I got me a BB storm late last year. cheesy grin

@ Emperoh,

If Ferguson starts Giggs/Scholes then we would struggle against Barca.
He tried experimenting it against Arsenal at OT and we were pathetic for 90 mins.
Barcelona would capitalise on Giggsy's old legs and hurt our defence. We need ball winners in that midfield.
Park-Anderson-Carrick will disgrace Barca's midfield.

SAF can never start Scholes. I dunno about Giggs

u gat urself "Storm"
i tot its shitty grin
Bold and Javelin are better me think

later in the evening, we can continue our talk at the backyard grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Emperoh(m): 4:34pm On May 26, 2009
As we digest the build up to the game in Rome, here's some off the game news;
Scholesy is on the way out of Professional footie; me thinks this is a right decision; leaving when the ovation is loudest.
I hope someone reminds Gary about this saying too;

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2009/05/26/1286883/manchester-united-veteran-paul-scholes-drops-retirement
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by ndumart: 6:13pm On May 26, 2009
My preferred line up would look like this

VDS, Oshea, Evra, Rio, Vidic, Park, Ando, Carrick, Tevez, Ronaldo, Rooney.
But with news filtering in that Tevez might start on the bench, i forsee SAF playing Giggs instead of Tevez.

If barca sticks to the Puyol-Pique-Yaya-Sylvinho back four, then i see a roller-coaster ride for our strikers provided Ando, Park and Carrick run then Xavi ragged.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by RuuDie(m): 6:42pm On May 26, 2009
me thinks we don't have to throw it all out. . . . . keep some armoury in reserve just in case we have to battle - maybe, Giggsy and fletcher on the bench while Carrick and Anderson start in m/f.

I would love 4-4-2 even though SAF looks more likely to go the route that gave us victory over Arsenal - but i should love to see Dmitar Berbatov on the pitch. . . . . . . his hold-up play will be just right for counters!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Sauron1: 8:10pm On May 26, 2009
tkb417:

gat urself "Storm"
i tot its shitty grin

Storm is shitty??
I thunk it was the most expensive smartfone in the world as at Christmas, no? grin grin grin

RuuDie:

me thinks we don't have to throw it all out. . . . . keep some armoury in reserve just in case we have to battle - maybe, Giggsy and fletcher on the bench while Carrick and Anderson start in m/f.

Fletcher cannot play tomorrow(he is suspended).
Besides that, why should we keep some armoury? Reserve armoury for the 2nd leg or what??
I say. . . . . .Get players with legs and verve on that pitch and choke Barcelona to death like we did Arsenal.
2-0 in the first half to settle our nerves.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by tkb417(m): 8:26pm On May 26, 2009
~Sauron~:

Storm is shitty??
I thunk it was the most expensive smartfone in the world as at Christmas, no? grin grin grin

Fletcher cannot play tomorrow(he is suspended).
Besides that, why should we keep some armoury? Reserve armoury for the 2nd leg or what??
I say. . . . . .Get players with legs and verve on that pitch and choke Barcelona to death like we did Arsenal.
2-0 in the first half to settle our nerves.

storm aint ma kinda fone. cant use i-phone either

the midfield combo of Ando, Carrick and Park are just what we need to neutralise the twats in Barca.
keep it tight and look for loopholes to launch counters shld be our motto tmr

we are winning
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Sauron1: 8:38pm On May 26, 2009
tkb417:

storm aint ma kinda fone. cant use i-phone  either

I couldn't stand i-phone as well cos i have an iPod.
Storm has got some mad apps on it and it's the business man's fone.
Never walk alone without it. grin

the midfield combo of Ando, Carrick and Park are just what we need to neutralise the twats in Barca.
keep it tight and look for loopholes to launch counters shld be our motto tmr

Ferguson is not giving anything away. . . . .Nobody knows who plays where but SKYSPORTS seem to think Giggsy will START. cry cry cry

I saw the press conference and it was so shitty. . . . .they couldn't even get the microphones to work effectively.
Rome should never host the UCL again. . . . .Journalists were asking questions in Italian, Spanish, Russian and Norwegian languages.
What the Bleep was that about?

Ronaldo vs Ronaldo. grin grin grin

[flash=425,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7IiI_nSGbQ&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"[/flash]
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by aieromon(m): 10:27pm On May 26, 2009
@Sauron
how's the victory pics from rome coming?i have been expecting them since last week cool
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by eyonigger(m): 11:47pm On May 26, 2009
fear is in the red camp, courage is being summoned to overcome what is coming at them with words of consolation. Well thats the best therapy for this kind of final involving Barca the Midfield and Box 18 hackers. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Cristalz(f): 11:58pm On May 26, 2009
Don't get too confident, eyonigger. Sir Alex is Guardiola's hero. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by eyonigger(m): 12:00am On May 27, 2009
Cristalz:

Don't get too confident, eyonigger. Sir Alex is Guardiola's hero. grin

Hero does not count in this FINAL affair, I have seen it already that Barca lifted the trophy. Shikena, I just cnt read how it actually happened. FUTURE TV cannot lie na. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by MrCrackles(m): 12:04am On May 27, 2009
WTF? shocked

Criz is not in bed? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

No kisses for you tonight! angry
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Cristalz(f): 12:17am On May 27, 2009
@eyonigger
No babalawo can predict the outcome of this one, don't be deceived. grin

@Brash
Big game's today. . .I'm too excited to sleep. tongue cheesy grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by RuuDie(m): 5:45am On May 27, 2009
Wonder what the atmosphere is like out there in Lagos. . . . . must be a massive buzz - gosh, its at such times that i really miss being away from Lag!
i can just imagine guys walking around with scarves, jerseys and all manner of items showing support for their teams.

Wearing my UTD jersey right now!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by RuuDie(m): 5:47am On May 27, 2009
Having a few jitters this morning after watching clips of Barca on TV. . . . . . . . but dunno why - i just BELIEVE in this UTD side!

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (100)

Arsenal Vs Chelsea : FA Community Shield (1 - 0) On 2nd August 2015 / Jose Mourinho Sacked As Chelsea Manager / Manchester United Vs Chelsea (2 - 0) On 16th April 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.