Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,690 members, 7,816,819 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (98) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! (70611 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by biina: 3:23pm On Jul 09, 2009
Eastbay:

biina,
thierry Henry,Glenn hoddle,Sam allardyce,Zidane,Shearer,Venables,Edgar Davids,Cesc Fabregas,Tony Adams,eidur gudjohnnsen,Patrick vieira cannot be United admirers by any stretch of the imagination.
That list is as wide in range as it possibly can be.and while you're at it,let's add Stam,Schmeichel and Cantona to the list,so we don't say it's only the English guys.

yes and they all voted scholes the WPOY for 5 consecutive years undecided
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Sauron1: 3:29pm On Jul 09, 2009
biina:

Quotes that never got him a globally recognized individual honor? undecided
You must be high on something free.

Read Henry's quote. . . . .
For someone prattling about English comprehension, you have let me down.

what about Roy keane? was he on your list? or at the age of 22 and playing for 2 clubs over 4 yrs he is still being groomed? Keane  was developed before he joined ManU or where was SAF when Keane was joining Nottingham.

You are a retard. . . . .
When Ferguson bought Roy Keane, there was no guarantee he would be in the first team.
He had the potential and nothing else. . . . . . .Go and read his book.
Fergie turned Roy Keane to a world beater. . . . .What makes me antsy is DSTV fans like you pretending to be knowledgeable.
The fact that Roy joined Man Utd at 22 does not mean he wasn't groomed by Ferguson: Read a book!!!

Dynasty? we are not talking about the premiership my friend nor are we even talking about the manU as a team. Simply provide examples that SAF grooms world class players, shikena!

I have provided you more than enough.
Knowing your memory fails you instantaneously, scroll up and read my input on SAF's world class players.

Again missing the point. English is not as hard as you make it seem. Wenger is better at spotting talent. Shikena.
Never said anything about winning titles.

Tell us the world class players Wenger has spotted.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by MrCrackles(m): 3:34pm On Jul 09, 2009
~Sauron~:

His input wasn't fractionate by any means. . . . .
Hargreaves played in many positions for Man Utd in their quest to cop the European Double in 2008.
Right back, midfield, right winger, etc.
Ronaldo missed his penalty kick in Moscow. . . . .Hargo scored his own to haul United back in the shoot-out.
What else is he expected to contribute? He played in all the 120 mins in Moscow without copping a red card like Drogba.

You have just rambled on and on without coming up with a decent and precise answer! Are you Titus BRAMBLE in disguise?
You are telling me Hargo's input wasnt fractionate? SMH. . . . .You are deluded! grin cheesy
Ronaldo missed his kick so what? he lifted United on his back most of the time anyway
Has Hargo lifted United on his back at any time during his failed OT career so far? tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Sauron1: 3:36pm On Jul 09, 2009
MrCrackles:

You have just rambled on and on without coming up with a decent and precise answer! Are you Titus BRAMBLE in disguise?
You are telling me Hargo's input wasnt fractionate? SMH. . . . .You are deluded! grin cheesy
Ronaldo missed his kick so what? he lifted United on his back most of the time anyway
Has Hargo lifted United on his back at any time during his failed OT career so far? tongue

He did.
Against Arsenal at OT. . . . .Match tied at 1-1. . . .
A draw for United woulda meant Chelsea leap-frogging and Hargo's precise freekick won ALL the 3 points for Man Utd.
Do i need to jog your memory everytime?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by MrCrackles(m): 3:43pm On Jul 09, 2009
~Sauron~:

He did.
A draw for United woulda meant Chelsea leap-frogging and Hargo's precise freekick won ALL the 3 points for Man Utd.

Does a goal justify £18 milli ?
R u trying to tell me Hargo lifted United on his back with one goal?
Do you just enjoy rambling on and on without making much sense when it comes to Manchester United issues or what? grin
I am not convinced with your ramblings on the Hargo issue so i will suspend the debate. . . . . . .You have failed to come up with anything sensible
CASE CLOSED grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by DrKitaun(m): 3:46pm On Jul 09, 2009
biina:

@Sauron
ROTFLMAO
That list is simply hilarious.
A bunch of culled statement out of context from predominantly manU folks is what you have to show that he is a great player grin
What next, letters from his school teacher? grin grin grin

f*ck the beef !

ScholeS is greater than what has been said about him . . .how I wished he wasnt a scummie cry cry

KING SCHOLES on top of his game is INDOMITABLE !

if ur legends, ZIZOU and co had praised him that much who are u biina to diss him ? undecided
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Sauron1: 3:47pm On Jul 09, 2009
MrCrackles:

Does a goal justify £18 milli ?
R u trying to tell me Hargo lifted United on his back with one goal?
Do you just enjoy rambling on and on without making much sense when it comes to Manchester United issues or what? grin
I am not convinced with your ramblings on the Hargo issue so i will suspend the debate. . . . . . .You have failed to come up with anything sensibe
CASE CLOSED grin

Of course, a precious goal justifies more than £30 mill.
Had United lost the EPL title because of a useless draw against Arsenal at OT, Ronaldo's 42 goals woulda come to nowt.
I doubt Ronaldo woulda won Ballon d'Or if his team didn't win the domestic league that season.

Owen Hargreaves has justified his price-tag in 2007/8 season. FACT!!!!
He has won what Wenger hasn't won in his 13 years in the EPL.
Hargo has achieved more than any Arsenal player under Wenger at club level. grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jul 09, 2009
~Sauron~:

He did.
Sauron,
maybe you don't need to.cus it appears he has none.
i reminded the testicle and he ignored it like it didn't matter.now he's asking for what hargo contributed.
Drunk oaf.

biina:

Quotes that never got him a globally recognized individual honor? undecided
You must be high on something free.

Dynasty? we are not talking about the premiership my friend nor are we even talking about the manU as a team. Simply provide examples that SAF grooms world class players, shikena!
Again missing the point. English is not as hard as you make it seem. Wenger is better at spotting talent. Shikena.
Never said anything about winning titles.

guy,
it's getting ridiculous.You're contradicting yourself at the speed of light with each post.
Which international individual honour did Maldini win to be termed a world-class player?If Zizou backs Scholes as world-class,then justSTFU.
now you're referencing groomed players again.
When Zidane was at Bodeaux,could anyone say he was world-class?I ask same as Ronaldinho at PSG.The list is endless.

And bsides,talent without titles make you a loser.and losers don't make world-class players.
And who has AW spotted that has become a world-class player,apart from Henry?

Dr Kit,
I hail o!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by biina: 3:58pm On Jul 09, 2009
~Sauron~:

Read Henry's quote. . . . .
For someone prattling about English comprehension, you have let me down.
still on quotes eh?

You are a retard. . . . .
When Ferguson bought Roy Keane, there was no guarantee he would be in the first team.
He had the potential and nothing else. . . . . . .Go and read his book.
Fergie turned Roy Keane to a world beater. . . . .What makes me antsy is DSTV fans like you pretending to be knowledgeable.
The fact that Roy joined Man Utd at 22 does not mean he wasn't groomed by Ferguson: Read a book!!!
so a player bought at 22 was groomed? shocked
what next, a player bought at 35 becomes a recent discovery?
[quotes]
I have provided you more than enough.
Knowing your memory fails you instantaneously, scroll up and read my input on SAF's world class players.
[/quotes] yep, I remember, quotes eh undecided

Tell us the world class players Wenger has spotted.
did I say wenger groomed world class players? but you can point to talented signings like weah, viera, Anelka, cesc . . . . . . who were less popular before be signed.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by DrKitaun(m): 3:59pm On Jul 09, 2009
Eastbay:

Sauron,
maybe you don't need to.cus it appears he has none.
i reminded the testicle and he ignored it like it didn't matter.now he's asking for what hargo contributed.
Drunk oaf.

guy,
it's getting ridiculous.You're contradicting yourself at the speed of light with each post.
Which international individual honour did Maldini win to be termed a world-class player?If Zizou backs Scholes as world-class,then justSTFU.
When Zidane was at Bodeaux,could anyone say he was world-class?I ask same as Ronaldinho at PSG.The list is endless.

And bsides,talent without titles make you a loser.and losers don't make world-class players.

are u saying that Maldini wasnt a world-class player ? undecided
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jul 09, 2009
Doc,
I'm not.
biina says tributes given to scholes didn't get him an individual international honour.
I now used that to reference Maldini,by far one of the all-time greats the game has produced, who hasn't won an individual honour that i know of.
Am I crazy to insinuate Maldini ain't world-class?
Blame biina for all this.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Sauron1: 4:07pm On Jul 09, 2009
biina:

still on quotes eh?

Go and sit down. . . .

so a player bought at 22 was groomed? shocked

Well-groomed. . . . .
He was a nobody before joining Man Utd a la Antonio Reyes or even Nani.
The potentials were there but those needed to be honed. It's not about age, it's about what he has done before moving to a big club.
I read Keane's book and he clearly stated he was not even sure he would get into the first team of Man Utd when he joined.

what next, a player bought at 35 becomes a recent discovery?did I say wenger groomed world class players? but you can point to talented signings like weah, viera, Anelka, cesc . . . . . . who were less popular before be signed.

How old was Claude MAKALELE before Real Madrid made him a house-hold name?
By your stupid theory, Del Bosque did nothing to Makalele's development.
The evil spirits in Kinshasa were responsible.

Cesc was less popular? Are u a goat?
The same Cesc that conquered FIFA under-17 tournament in 2003?
George Weah was spotted but it wasn't Wenger that groomed him. . . .so what gives!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by biina: 4:09pm On Jul 09, 2009
Eastbay:

This is what happens when you jump in the mdiddle of a discussion like a trailer with no brakes.
The discussion is about SAF grooming world class players, and you are yet to point to any other players he has produced.
When you have consensus evidence, and not some quotes cut out of context, that scholes was world class in his position, then come and post, but till then I advised you refrain from posting nonsense and just read.

Maldini not winning the WPOY is primarily due to the position he played, yet he has still won more individual honors than scholes. Even an unborn child knows of the greatness of maldinin.
Maldini and scholes no be mates.

George weah? undecided
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by biina: 4:11pm On Jul 09, 2009
Dr Kitaun:

f*ck the beef !

ScholeS is greater than what has been said about him . . .how I wished he wasnt a scummie cry cry

KING SCHOLES on top of his game is INDOMITABLE !

if ur legends, ZIZOU and co had praised him that much who are u biina to diss him ? undecided

He didnt make the list for FIFA 100, Pelé's choice of the greatest living footballers, does that make him lesser than the people on the list? undecided
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Sauron1: 4:14pm On Jul 09, 2009
biina:

This is what happens when you jump in the mdiddle of a discussion like a trailer with no brakes.
The discussion is about SAF grooming world class players, and you are yet to point to any other players he has produced.
When you have consensus evidence, and not some quotes cut out of context, that scholes was world class in his position, then come and post, but till then I advised you refrain from posting nonsense and just read.

Define a world class player cos you keep shifting the post to suit your deluded inputs.

Maldini not winning the WPOY is primarily due to the position he played, yet he has still won more individual honors than scholes. Even an unborn child knows of the greatness of maldinin.
Maldini and scholes no be mates. George weah? undecided

Is Makalele a world class player?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by biina: 4:15pm On Jul 09, 2009
~Sauron~:

Well-groomed. . . . .
He was a nobody before joining Man Utd a la Antonio Reyes or even Nani.
The potentials were there but those needed to be honed. It's not about age, it's about what he has done before moving to a big club.
I read Keane's book and he clearly stated he was not even sure he would get into the first team of Man Utd when he joined.
You have obviously lost the plot

How old was Claude MAKALELE before Real Madrid made him a house-hold name?
By your stupid theory, Del Bosque did nothing to Makalele's development.
The evil spirits in Kinshasa were responsible.
del bosque wouldnt claim to have groomed makele from a talent to a world class player

Cesc was less popular? Are u a goat?
The same Cesc that conquered FIFA under-17 tournament in 2003?
George Weah was spotted but it wasn't Wenger that groomed him. . . .so what gives!!!
I never said wenger groomed him. there is a difference between spotting and grooming!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by biina: 4:18pm On Jul 09, 2009
~Sauron~:

Define a world class player cos you keep shifting the post to suit your deluded inputs.
Player that are inarguably one of the best (i.e. top 5) in their position at the peak of their career

Is Makalele a world class player?
Of course. Can you name 5 better DMs of recent times? doubt it.
The guy takes midfield ball winning to a new level.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by DrKitaun(m): 4:20pm On Jul 09, 2009
biina:

He didnt make the list for FIFA 100, Pelé's choice of the greatest living footballers, does that make him lesser than the people on the list? undecided

who gives a f*ck about Pele's list ?

dont be foolish ! angry

Pele once said Godwin Okpara would rule the world . . .Y[b]ES HE WAS RIGHT, HE IS RULING THE WORLD IN PRISON RIGHT NOW !!! [/b] grin

dont tell me u are saying MALDINI is greater than SCHOLES? ?

are u drunk ?

didnt Oliver Kahn emerge best player at the 2002 mundial as a goalkeeper ? undecided
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Sauron1: 4:21pm On Jul 09, 2009
biina:

Player that are inarguably one of the best (i.e. top 5) in their position at the peak of their career

So where was Scholes between 1999 and 2003 in the world?

Of course. Can you name 5 better DMs of recent times? doubt it.
The guy takes midfield ball winning to a new level.

So did Scholes. . . . . .
Unfortunately, you were not old enough to watch what he did in the late 90s when he was shitting on Zidane of Juventus and the boys from Barcelona.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jul 09, 2009
biina:

Maldini and scholes no be mates. George weah? undecided
you're just a walking contradiction,so i won't bother to argue wth you anymore.
Stop dodging your evident blunders.put a straight, consistent argument and maybe we'll just listen.
If you think Paul scholes isn't world-class,that's your problem.people who matter to the game have voiced their opinions,and you and I are just bystanders.
whether Maldini played at left back is irrelevant.Dino zoff (a goalie) came close to winning it once.He didn't win it.
Cannavaro, (a central defender) was world footballer of the year in 2006.
So wherever he played isn't an issue.
And,dimwit,No one was comparing scholes with maldini.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by biina: 4:25pm On Jul 09, 2009
Dr Kitaun:

who gives a f*ck about Pele's list ?

dont be foolish !  angry

Pele once said Godwin Okpara would rule the world . . .Y[b]ES HE WAS RIGHT, HE IS RULING THE WORLD IN PRISON RIGHT NOW !!! [/b]  grin

are u drunk ?

didnt Oliver Kahn emerge best player at the 2002 mundial as a goalkeeper ?  undecided
So why should I disregard the comments of Pele and accept that of Zidane?
If you feel that Maldini is in the same caliber as scholes, then you have obviously lost your mind.
Maldini is the greatest defend of the modern era, and you dare compare him to a fish pond tadpole like scholes angry
You must be watching games on a black/white TV.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by MrCrackles(m): 4:29pm On Jul 09, 2009
Dr Kit
How your own come be for this matter now? grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by biina: 4:30pm On Jul 09, 2009
~Sauron~:

So where was Scholes between 1999 and 2003 in the world?
Nowhere. Classify scholes (AM, CM, DM?) and I would name 5 player better than him in that era

So did Scholes. . . . . .
Unfortunately, you were not old enough to watch what he did in the late 90s when he was shitting on Zidane of Juventus and the boys from Barcelona.
Dont insult the game by comparing scholes to the like sof Makele. Scholes never shit on Zidane or the boys from barcelona. He wasnt even the best player in the 1999 squad.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by debosky(m): 4:34pm On Jul 09, 2009
Dr Kitaun:

I am worried about your mental situation.  sad

What evil spirit has taken over sports with these ridiculous arguments?    undecided
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by DrKitaun(m): 4:36pm On Jul 09, 2009
biina:

So why should I disregard the comments of Pele and accept that of Zidane?
If you feel that Maldini is in the same caliber as scholes, then you have obviously lost your mind.
Maldini is the greatest defend of the modern era, and you dare compare him to a fish pond tadpole like scholes angry
You must be watching games on a black/white TV.

Maldini is the best defender in the modern era ?

are u sick ?

or u just want to argue for argument sakes ?

no one is comparing Scholes to Maldini . . .even though WHAT MAKES MALIDINI EXCEPTIONAL THAT SCHOLES LACK ? IDIOT ! angry

MR CRACK

my own is; SAY THE TRUTH AT ALL TIMES !

Scholes was/is a PHENOMENON ! cool

@Debosky

ode omo lo fe ya !

whats with u ?

must ur hatred for the Scum club derail ur sense of reason ? undecided
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Sauron1: 4:37pm On Jul 09, 2009
biina:

Nowhere. Classify scholes (AM, CM, DM?) and I would name 5 player better than him in that era

Paul Scholes was a central midfielder(stop this AM DM AMF football manager has inscribed in your brain).

Dont insult the game by comparing scholes to the like sof Makele. Scholes never shit on Zidane or the boys from barcelona. He wasnt even the best player in the 1999 squad.

Then you have just confirmed you are a goat!!!
Name 3 central midfielders better than Scholes in 98/99 without bias.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by MrCrackles(m): 4:40pm On Jul 09, 2009
Dr Kitaun:

MR CRACK
my own is; SAY THE TRUTH AT ALL TIMES !

Scholes was/is a PHENOMENON ! cool

Standard. . . . . . .For me, Scholes is different class and a model professional! wink
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by DrKitaun(m): 4:44pm On Jul 09, 2009
MrCrackles:

Standard. . . . . . .For me, Scholes is different class and a model professional! wink

God bless u my brovva ! cool
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jul 09, 2009
dimwit biina,
in 1999,Scholes killed Juve in the semi finals of the CL in Turin.Gong to win in Turin was unheard of back then.
Unfortunately you had no idea about soccer back then,so i don't blame you for you ignorance.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by debosky(m): 4:49pm On Jul 09, 2009
Dr Kitaun:

@Debosky

ode omo lo fe ya !

whats with u ?

must ur hatred for the Scum club derail ur sense of reason ? undecided

I hate the scum, but i hate daft statements more - When Scholes wins as many CLs as Maldini, then compare them. When Scholes has a run in the national team and wins as many honours as Maldini then compare them.

Scholes is/was a great player, but please, compare LIKE WITH LIKE - Maldini is not his mate on any planet.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by tkb417(m): 4:52pm On Jul 09, 2009
if ur legends, ZIZOU and co had praised him that much who are u biina to diss him ?

Biina
in as much as u try to be intelligent, ure trying very hard to post stupidly.

Paul scholes not world class?
why? you have shifted the goal post so many times we dont know where you stand.

According to you, if you dont win personal awards, u aint a world class player
If Pele wont put u in his famous list, ure not a world class player and blah blah

can you tell me why Maldini will be a world class player and yet a Scholesy wouldnt
Pls, is Owen a world class player? Im sure u'll say Yes cos he won the european award.
what does that make you?

If Zizou, Viera and Henry can call him a world class player, then a nairaland post from Biina shld be ignored!!!

learn to accept other views
ure wrong this time especially when the greats of the game have spoken!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by MrCrackles(m): 4:52pm On Jul 09, 2009
debosky:

Scholes is/was a great player, but please, compare LIKE WITH LIKE - Maldini is not his mate on any planet.

Am i missing something DOBOSKY
Who compared Scholes with Maldini? shocked shocked
In as much as i respect like Scholes as a player, together with Dobosky, i wont have ya all weighing him pound for pound with Maldini! angry grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100)

MK Dons Vs Manchester United: Capital One Cup (4 - 0) On 26th August 2014 / Barcelona Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (3 - 0) On 6th May 2015 / Manchester City Vs Tottenham Hotspur:UCL Quarter Finals (4 -3) On 17th Apr. 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.