Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (99) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! (70623 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Sauron1: 4:57pm On Jul 09, 2009
There's nothing else to say. . . . . .

PAUL SCHOLES is a WORLD CLASS player!!!
End of!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by tkb417(m): 5:02pm On Jul 09, 2009
I hate the scum, but i hate daft statements more - When Scholes wins as many CLs as Maldini, then compare them. When Scholes has a run in the national team and wins as many honours as Maldini then compare them.

hmm
does that mean Ballack isnt a world class player?
cos i cant remember what he won as a player in the National team and even playing for Leverkusen, Bayern and Chelsea
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Sauron1: 5:13pm On Jul 09, 2009
tkb417:

hmm
does that mean Ballack isnt a world class player?
cos i cant remember what he won as a player in the National team and even playing for Leverkusen, Bayern and Chelsea

May God Bless You.

The concept of what makes a player WORLD CLASS evades Debosky.
What has titles gotta do with it?
Wes Brown has won gazillion titles with Man Utd but can he clean Sagna's boots?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by tkb417(m): 5:15pm On Jul 09, 2009
Wes Brown has won gazillion titles with Man Utd but can he clean Sagna's boots
?
YES!!! Brown is a complete defender
That description came from SAF in 1999 when Sagna was still farming in Mogadishu grin grin

Brown is a good defender
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by biina: 5:16pm On Jul 09, 2009
tkb417:

Biina
in as much as u try to be intelligent, ure trying very hard to post stupidly.

Paul scholes not world class?
why? you have shifted the goal post so many times we dont know where you stand.

According to you, if you dont win personal awards, u aint a world class player
If Pele wont put u in his famous list, ure not a world class player and blah blah

can you tell me why Maldini will be a world class player and yet a Scholesy wouldnt
Pls, is Owen a world class player? Im sure u'll say Yes cos he won the european award.
what does that make you?

If Zizou, Viera and Henry can call him a world class player, then a nairaland post from Biina shld be ignored!!!

learn to accept other views
ure wrong this time especially when the greats of the game have spoken!!!
You are the one shifting the goal post. You want to accept the words of Zidane and then disregard thos of pele?
I never said pele's list was the criterion for world class classification. Please see my definition above, instead of simply running of your fan boi mouth.
Paul Scholes is not a world class player. Get over it.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Sauron1: 5:20pm On Jul 09, 2009
biina:

Paul Scholes is not a world class player. Get over it.

Your opinion does not count. . . . .
The likes of Zidane, Henry, Lippi, Edgar Davids and even young Cesc is aspiring to be Paul Scholes.
That is all i need to know not the words of Pele(a man who lost his virginity to another man). grin grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by biina: 5:23pm On Jul 09, 2009
Eastbay:

dimwit biina,
in 1999,Scholes killed Juve in the semi finals of the CL in Turin.Gong to win in Turin was unheard of back then.
Unfortunately you had no idea about soccer back then,so i don't blame you for you ignorance.
Obviously you didnt watch the match.
The success of ManU in 1999 was more to their never die team spirit and not the individual brilliance of anyone on the pitch.
Outstanding performances in the semis were from Beckham, Keane and Cole. Where was Scholes when ManU needed an injury time equalizer from giggs at old trafford? where was he when they went two goals down in 11 mins. It was keane that sparked the comeback with the first goal, same as his own sent killed their spirit a year later.
Even in the final, ManU were outplayed by Bayern, with Super Mario missing several chances to put the game away. Dont come here and spew nonsense based on simply looking at images of the trophy.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by biina: 5:29pm On Jul 09, 2009
~Sauron~:

Paul Scholes was a central midfielder(stop this AM DM AMF football manager has inscribed in your brain).
so you dont see the difference between Kaka, Xavi, Makelele? undecided
Anyways, suit your self.

Then you have just confirmed you are a goat!!!
Name 3 central midfielders better than Scholes in 98/99 without bias.
Zidane, Viera and Rivaldo
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by tkb417(m): 5:30pm On Jul 09, 2009
The success of ManU in 1999 was more to their never die team spirit and not the individual brilliance of anyone on the pitch.
Outstanding performances in the semis were from Beckham, Keane and Cole. Where was Scholes when ManU needed an injury time equalizer from giggs at old trafford? where was he when they went two goals down in 11 mins. It was keane that sparked the comeback with the first goal, same as his own sent killed their spirit a year later.
Even in the final, ManU were outplayed by Bayern, with Super Mario missing several chances to put the game away. Dont come here and spew nonsense based on simply looking at images of the trophy.
what are u saying?
Scholes n Keane didnt play in that final so u can imagine why we were outplayed.

You are the one shifting the goal post. You want to accept the words of Zidane and then disregard thos of pele?
I never said pele's list was the criterion for world class classification. Please see my definition above, instead of simply running of your fan boi mouth.
Biina gerrout!!Paul Scholes is not a world class player. Get over it
Biinna gerrout. LOL!!!
Scholes is a world class player

dont make me fight u today o grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by biina: 5:32pm On Jul 09, 2009
tkb417:

what are u saying?
Scholes n Keane didnt play in that final so u can imagine why we were outplayed.
Biinna gerrout. LOL!!!
Scholes is a world class player

dont make me fight u today o grin grin
Fight if you wan fight, but there is no way I will let anyone compare Scholes to the likes of Maradona or Zidane. Those are great players.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by tkb417(m): 5:37pm On Jul 09, 2009
Fight if you wan fight, but there is no way I will let anyone compare Scholes to the likes of Maradona or Zidane. Those are great players.
we didnt. Zidane himself compared him to people like him
he was/is and unsong hero.

Live with it or direct ur aggro to Zizou
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Sauron1: 5:37pm On Jul 09, 2009
biina:

Neither did you.

How many goals did Makelele score for Real Madrid to become a world-class player?
I have told you there must be a glowing splinter in your sphincter.

That was due to the absence of PAUL SCHOLES.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by RuuDie(m): 5:39pm On Jul 09, 2009
Every manager he's ever played with at national team level says so - week in and out we saw the fantastic goals he's scored in the EPL - even The Prof. AW professes it. . . . . .

Scholesy is sheer BRILLIANCE - TOP NOTCH - HIGH QUALITY - ABSOLUTELY WORLD CLASS

Maybe u're basing your judgements on his performances of late - maybe u should have seen him in his prime to be able to rate him!?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Sauron1: 5:42pm On Jul 09, 2009
RuuDie:

Every manager he's ever played with at national team level says so - week in and out we saw the fantastic goals he's scored in the EPL - even The Prof. AW professes it. . . . . .

Scholesy is sheer BRILLIANCE - TOP NOTCH - HIGH QUALITY - ABSOLUTELY WORLD CLASS

Maybe u're basing your judgements on his performances of late - maybe u should have seen him in his prime to be able to rate him!?

Biina started watching the EPL after Obasanjo left power.
For Zidane to have said Scholesy was his toughest opponent says a lot.
He pounded em in the 90s supplying crisp passes to the dynamic duo(Yorke and Cole).
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by RuuDie(m): 5:43pm On Jul 09, 2009
Paul Scholes who was still being begged to come out of retirement play for the 3-lions in the twilight of his career when the likes of Lampard and Gerrard were very much around. . . . . what are u saying sef !?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by biina: 5:45pm On Jul 09, 2009
See me see trouble with this manu fans trying to degrade adjectives. Whats next, fletcher is a world beater? undecided
Scholes is a very good player, and is not inthe ranks of the great one.

Scholes a great player undecided statement like that could get you shot in your sleep by a 20yr old girl friend cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jul 09, 2009
Argue with a mad man at your peril.
This biina is not worth it at all.
Talking about Scholes in 99 like he knew him.Anyone who saw United in 99 knows scholes was as vital as anybody who is to any champion team.
Unfortunately,turds like you cannot appreciate what him because he wasn't the flashy type.
I guess you'd all the goal he scored against Barca a fluke as well.If I know you well,you'll probably say that.
Abeg i don tire for agbero.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by tkb417(m): 5:47pm On Jul 09, 2009
i know of someone who doesnt see anything good in England and the players they produce

This same person will go to any length to discredit them but rates Scholes very highly

who knows that person? grin grin

Biina
ur opinion wont count. we dont believe you
Nobody does it the way Scholes have done it.

lets change topic abeg

where is our 80milla gbp
or is SAF smoking something?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by DrKitaun(m): 5:54pm On Jul 09, 2009
are u per chance talking of the RETARD named DAYOKANU ? undecided grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Sauron1: 5:56pm On Jul 09, 2009
tkb417:

i know of someone who doesnt see anything good in England and the players they produce
This same person will go to any length to discredit them but rates Scholes very highly
who knows that person? grin grin

DayoTWATnu. grin grin grin

where is our 80milla gbp
or is SAF smoking something?

Let it yield some interest now. . . . . . .
We won't buy till August. grin cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by tkb417(m): 5:59pm On Jul 09, 2009
are u per chance talking of the RETARD named DAYOKANU ?

DayoTWATnu.
MINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin

Let it yield some interest now. . . . . . .
We won't buy till August.
chei!!!!!!!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked
if they put it in a 9ja bank and they give 22% for 30days!!
kasala don burst

i must chop in that loot
SAF and his cohorts are rogues grin grin

My own is, they must buy a striker b4 den finish for market
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Sauron1: 6:00pm On Jul 09, 2009
tkb417:

i must chop in that loot
SAF and his cohorts are rogues grin grin

My own is, they must buy a striker b4 den finish for market

If we land Huntelaar. . . . . .I will be very happy.
SAF must know we are one striker short of doing well in Europe.
Owen is a big gamble.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by RuuDie(m): 6:19pm On Jul 09, 2009
~Sauron~:

If we land Huntelaar. . . . . .I will be very happy.
SAF must know we are one striker short of doing well in Europe.
Owen is a big gamble.

Even if we buy Dean Ashton or Bobby Zamora, i'll be very delighted. . . . . .  I just want a low-profile UTD this term; no big names, no big money signing = no spotlight on the team = no pressure.

Lets focus on our game, run things on the low. speak with our footie on the pitch and let our results yarn for us!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by tkb417(m): 6:42pm On Jul 09, 2009
Even if we buy Dean Ashton or Bobby Zamora, i'll be very delighted. . . . . .  I just want a low-profile UTD this term; no big names, no big money signing = no spotlight on the team = no pressure.
all these =no trophies

u and Wenger are same

we are UTD!!!! not Derby nor Sevilla
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by biina: 7:00pm On Jul 09, 2009
tkb417:

all these =no trophies

u and Wenger are same

we are UTD!!!! not Derby nor Sevilla
haba!!! wetin sevill, back 2 back uefa cup champions, do you? wey u come dey drag dem together with Derby? angry
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by tkb417(m): 7:06pm On Jul 09, 2009
haba!!! wetin sevill, back 2 back uefa cup champions, do you? wey u come dey drag dem together with Derby?

ure missing the plot
There ae 2 categories of clubs there
Derby and Sevilla.
Point is, UTD arent like any of them

back to back or front to front, we aint Sevilla grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by PERVERT9: 8:41pm On Jul 09, 2009
GOD BLESS MANCHESTER UNITED kiss kiss kiss
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Sauron1: 10:46pm On Jul 09, 2009
Laporta Blasts Real Madrid

The Barcelona president, Joan Laporta, has taken a swipe at arch-rivals Real Madrid for their multimillion-pound spending spree that has dominated the headlines and the transfer market across Europe this summer.

The return of Florentino Pérez to the Real presidency has sparked a flurry of activity in Madrid with over €200m spent on the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka, while Barça's summer strengthening plans appear stalled.

[size=16pt]"We make Ballon d'Or winners and others have to buy them.[/size] It's fine by me that Real have bought Cristiano Ronaldo but at present Barcelona are the point of reference for everyone," Laporta told Spanish state television.

"Real have erupted aggressively into the transfer market and distorted reality. We could go into debt like Madrid but it isn't our way of operating. We already have a competitive team and all we want to do is to make some prudent investments.

Letz hope Biina won't blow a gasket on this. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by biina: 11:12pm On Jul 09, 2009
Nah! Laporta is a looney.
The idiot, which ballon d'or did Barca make? all the past winners at Barca were bought, while messi is yet to win the award.
No be the same guy wan spend €40m+ on villa, and is interested in buying  Ribery even with the price tag.
The guy is only bitter that, despite their treble wins, all the media and everyone else is still talking about madrid grin.
He should mind his own business and stop carrying madrid's problems for head. We wey get load no dey complain
Or e dey vex say we no spend the money reach their side grin
I no blame am sha, if I be him, I go hate me too cheesy
Some things are a given in life (and manu fans should appreciate this)
The greater shall bless the lesser, while the lesser shall envy the greater grin
Like any Barca guy, e just dey jealous us grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Sauron1: 11:13pm On Jul 09, 2009
Only Man Utd and Ajax FC can lay claims to making Ballon d'Or winners not those shitty clubs in Spain.

Madrid can as well close down their training centre since they cannot nurture a talent from cradle and make him a world beater.
Buncha rogues.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by biina: 11:23pm On Jul 09, 2009
~Sauron~:

Only Man Utd and Ajax FC can lay claims to making Ballon d'Or winners not those shitty clubs in Spain.

Madrid can as well close down their training centre since they cannot nurture a talent from cradle and make him a world beater.
Buncha rogues.
Apart from Ronaldo from ManU, Cryuff form Ajax and Owen from Liverpool, who else won at a club that they were more or less developed at?
To each his own. No be say manU too dey manufacture dem.
We have top players that have come through the system, and we dont shy away from buying if we want.
If you want to train, you can transform your club to Arsenal and watch them run a day care center.
We love the best players and the best players love us. so carry una bad belle comot. tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Sauron1: 11:29pm On Jul 09, 2009
biina:

Apart from Ronaldo from ManU, Cryuff form Ajax and Owen from Liverpool, who else won at a club that they were more or less developed at?

George Best, Bobby Charlton(all Man Utd players). . . . .

To each his own. No be say manU too dey manufacture dem.

They do. . . . .stop arguing about what you dunno.

We have top players that have come through the system, and we dont shy away from buying if we want.
If you want to train, you can transform your club to Arsenal and watch them run a day care center.
We love the best players and the best players love us. so carry una bad belle comot. tongue

Y'all are money-bags who believe money is everything.
We shall see the benefit of your mega-spending next season.

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100)

MK Dons Vs Manchester United: Capital One Cup (4 - 0) On 26th August 2014 / Barcelona Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (3 - 0) On 6th May 2015 / Manchester City Vs Tottenham Hotspur:UCL Quarter Finals (4 -3) On 17th Apr. 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.