Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

Interchanged Middle And First Name In International Passport - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Interchanged Middle And First Name In International Passport (2795 Views)

Why Are Middle Class Nigerians Relocating To Canada? / Who Knows The Owner Of This Passport? (Photo) / Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Interchanged Middle And First Name In International Passport by Dayusam(m): 3:11am On Oct 23, 2015
Pls I need advice on this; I just collected my international passport d surename is correct bt d middle nd last name was interchanged, wat negative effect can dis av on travelling 2 SouthAfrica for studies and obtaining a certificate from dia, since d passport will be used for study permit. Thnks in advance!
Re: Interchanged Middle And First Name In International Passport by SmartMugu: 3:52am On Oct 23, 2015
I would recommend you fix that before leaving Nigeria. If you have to get a new passport, you may want to. After your South Africa trip, you may want to visit other places as the opportunities present themselves. Would you like to have to provide explanations everywhere you go? Most countries' customs wont even believe it was a mistake frok the passport office, they may just assume you're trying to use a false identity.
So, it's best you just address it from the source - unless you don't have a problem with your middle name remaining your last name for however long you'd like to travel.
Re: Interchanged Middle And First Name In International Passport by Dayusam(m): 7:46am On Oct 23, 2015
Thnks so much, dats an helpful hint.
Re: Interchanged Middle And First Name In International Passport by tpiander: 8:52am On Oct 23, 2015
Dayusam:
Pls I need advice on this; I just collected my international passport d surename is correct bt d middle nd last name was interchanged, wat negative effect can dis av on travelling 2 SouthAfrica for studies and obtaining a certificate from dia, since d passport will be used for study permit. Thnks in advance!

I don't know what negative effect you should envisage.

Maybe you should ask at the place where the passport was issued, or at the place where you want to study.

1 Like

Re: Interchanged Middle And First Name In International Passport by Nobody: 8:16am On Jan 08, 2016
Happy new year folks, I have the same problem back in Nigeria, what I did when I applied for MSC in Uk is to follow the order in any form I filled then but when I got here I informed the school on the name I wish to be on my certificate. No problem with that up till this moment, my passport will be expiring in a year time but I will renew in a year time can I follow it up to the immigration guys that I want the order of names to be corrected to what it supposed to be? Will it not affect my visa as I will apply for another visa soon as a new order will surface, though I will merge the passports?
Re: Interchanged Middle And First Name In International Passport by dmighty82: 11:08pm On Sep 24, 2023
Good day. Please i have the same issue. My middle was in place of my first name on my international passport. I want to ask when you applied for your masters did you use the name as it appears on your international passport? Did you get an affidavit to that effect?

(1) (Reply)

Ofrekpe River Linking Ebonyi To Cameroon (Video, Photos) / Is USA Better Than UK in anyway ? / Young Black American Guy Defies Naysayers - Storms Nigeria Alone On 1st Visit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.