Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,463 members, 7,816,085 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

UCL Semi-final:Arsenal(1) Vs Man Utd(3)[Agg: 1-4] On Tues 7th May - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / UCL Semi-final:Arsenal(1) Vs Man Utd(3)[Agg: 1-4] On Tues 7th May (9532 Views)

Poll: Who Makes it To the Final in Rome?

Arsenal: 53% (43 votes)
Man Utd: 46% (37 votes)
This poll has ended

Chelsea Vs Fc Internazionale [0 - 1] [Agg: 1 - 3] On Tuesday 16th March / Everton V Man Utd [3 - 1] On Saturday 20th February / UCL Semi-final:Chelsea(1) Vs Barcelona(1) [Agg: 1-1] On Wednesday 6th May (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

UCL Semi-final:Arsenal(1) Vs Man Utd(3)[Agg: 1-4] On Tues 7th May by mukina2: 9:18pm On May 03, 2009
Arsenal hosts Manchester United in a crucial Champions league semi final second leg match on Tuesday at the Emirates stadium, looking to overturn their 1-0 first leg deficit . Though it wont be an Easy task for Arsene and his guns , due to multiple injury problems to key players, the Gunners however have  boosted their spirits with a 3-0 win over Pompey over the weekend, despite Arsene using his second string side cool thereby relieving them of the premier league pressure  with Villa and everton. Dutch striker Robin van Persie is mostly likely to be available for the upcoming showdown with Fergie's boys as he has almost recovered from his groin injury. which could be a major boost for the Gunners.They are yet to lose at home in  the UCL. They will be without Russian playmaker Arshavin as he is cup tied sad
They  will go into this match full of confidence and the unwavering support of the home crowd .

Manchester United, on the other hand, is going to defend their 1-0 advantage and hope to score early to cause  an upset for the Gunners, who will then have to score 3 goals to secure their place in the finals. Both sides are desperate to meet up either Chelsea  or Barcelona in the Final in Rome.
United the defending champions may be hoping  to be able to  successfully defend their title.Their only major injury worry is  defender and captain Rio Ferdinand who picked up a rib injury during the first leg. However, he may likely feature in this encounter after having been rested for their weekend premier league fixture
Fergie's rascals may come out smoking for this encounter.

This will be a nerve wrecking fantastic encounter
Re: UCL Semi-final:Arsenal(1) Vs Man Utd(3)[Agg: 1-4] On Tues 7th May by Cristalz(f): 9:46pm On May 03, 2009
Brushing over your defensive worries, huh? tongue grin

Gallas, Clichy are definitely out. RVP, Eduardo, Silvestre are doubtful. On our part, it's very likely that Rio starts on Tuesday. grin

And, who are Fergie's ''rascals''? I go break your pc o. angry
Re: UCL Semi-final:Arsenal(1) Vs Man Utd(3)[Agg: 1-4] On Tues 7th May by mukina2: 9:59pm On May 03, 2009
sharap dia angry

Fergie has a team of rascals grin

who cares about silvestre angry
Re: UCL Semi-final:Arsenal(1) Vs Man Utd(3)[Agg: 1-4] On Tues 7th May by Cristalz(f): 10:13pm On May 03, 2009
E-thunder faya ya left molar angry

Silvestre is one of the pillars of the gaynner defense community. grin It's when he is absent that y'all will see just how valuable he is. . . grin
Re: UCL Semi-final:Arsenal(1) Vs Man Utd(3)[Agg: 1-4] On Tues 7th May by mukina2: 10:16pm On May 03, 2009
Dem send you angry

May Silvestre never recover from injury angry grin
Re: UCL Semi-final:Arsenal(1) Vs Man Utd(3)[Agg: 1-4] On Tues 7th May by Cristalz(f): 10:25pm On May 03, 2009
Na you dem send angry

May Silvestre recover, and may Rosicky gradually fade away in the memory of Arses and Arse lovers cheesy grin
Re: UCL Semi-final:Arsenal(1) Vs Man Utd(3)[Agg: 1-4] On Tues 7th May by mukina2: 10:33pm On May 03, 2009
No way our Tomas will be back soon cheesy

May Silvestre fade away like owen Hargreaves  has faded away  to the archives of Manscum rascals grin grin
Re: UCL Semi-final:Arsenal(1) Vs Man Utd(3)[Agg: 1-4] On Tues 7th May by Cristalz(f): 10:47pm On May 03, 2009
I knew you were going to reply with Owen. tongue grin He'll be back soon, don't worry (Amen).
Re: UCL Semi-final:Arsenal(1) Vs Man Utd(3)[Agg: 1-4] On Tues 7th May by willyspace(m): 12:01am On May 04, 2009
Its End of the Road for Man U.

Re: UCL Semi-final:Arsenal(1) Vs Man Utd(3)[Agg: 1-4] On Tues 7th May by Cristalz(f): 12:29am On May 04, 2009
Ariel's the best you could do? Ridiculous. grin grin
Re: UCL Semi-final:Arsenal(1) Vs Man Utd(3)[Agg: 1-4] On Tues 7th May by elcid: 9:39am On May 04, 2009
Cristalz:

E-thunder faya ya left molar angry

Silvestre is one of the pillars of the gaynner defense community. grin It's when he is absent that y'all will see just how valuable he is. . . grin

Silvestre has been a loyal servant of United . He will prove it yet again on Tuesday. grin
Re: UCL Semi-final:Arsenal(1) Vs Man Utd(3)[Agg: 1-4] On Tues 7th May by tkb417(m): 9:52am On May 04, 2009
Cristalz and Muki are funny people grin

but real yawa go gass for London tmr
na siddon look mode i dey.
una go see pepper
Re: UCL Semi-final:Arsenal(1) Vs Man Utd(3)[Agg: 1-4] On Tues 7th May by olayhincar(m): 12:58pm On May 04, 2009
who cares about silvester, though he tried in the first leg but he still made that rubbish error
Re: UCL Semi-final:Arsenal(1) Vs Man Utd(3)[Agg: 1-4] On Tues 7th May by olayhincar(m): 1:03pm On May 04, 2009
Make the Guy no come back o, Djorou they there for us

Re: UCL Semi-final:Arsenal(1) Vs Man Utd(3)[Agg: 1-4] On Tues 7th May by KunleOshob(m): 1:11pm On May 04, 2009
yeah this is the final onslaught, by the time the match is over we would have those scummies laughing at the other side of their faces. grin If you had seen the way they celebrated their rubbish 1-0 victory last week, you would have thought they won the cup already( I guess beating arsenal is more valuable to them than winning the cup). Rome here we come cheesy

Re: UCL Semi-final:Arsenal(1) Vs Man Utd(3)[Agg: 1-4] On Tues 7th May by mukina2: 1:18pm On May 04, 2009
Olayinkar angry
nor try am next time oh grin
Re: UCL Semi-final:Arsenal(1) Vs Man Utd(3)[Agg: 1-4] On Tues 7th May by Emperoh(m): 1:18pm On May 04, 2009
Kai Muki and Criz
Una no go use laugh kill me!!
Re: UCL Semi-final:Arsenal(1) Vs Man Utd(3)[Agg: 1-4] On Tues 7th May by femzy(m): 1:18pm On May 04, 2009
[size=14pt]Arsenal has never beaten any English club in the UCL, God forbid they beat me!!![/size]
Re: UCL Semi-final:Arsenal(1) Vs Man Utd(3)[Agg: 1-4] On Tues 7th May by bigben3: 1:21pm On May 04, 2009
It looks like the Gunners might have the last laugh!
Re: UCL Semi-final:Arsenal(1) Vs Man Utd(3)[Agg: 1-4] On Tues 7th May by femzy(m): 1:25pm On May 04, 2009
big-ben:

It looks like the Gunners might have the last laugh!

Laugh ko Laugh ni;You better make up your mind, Arsene Wenger and his kindergarten team will cry and u­ also.
Re: UCL Semi-final:Arsenal(1) Vs Man Utd(3)[Agg: 1-4] On Tues 7th May by cantab(m): 1:38pm On May 04, 2009
Arsenal despite having a tradition of facing challenges with kids & holding their head high, they r also in d habit of surprising u with results when u count them out, they hv proven this over d years, smhw they hv always fashioned out a way 2 subdue d big boys , 2morrow might not b an exception, Man u fans, pls don't bet ur money on this tie.
Re: UCL Semi-final:Arsenal(1) Vs Man Utd(3)[Agg: 1-4] On Tues 7th May by Nobody: 1:46pm On May 04, 2009
Once again I advise that assners make the CL their vidion 2020. CL is not for chicken hearted players. grin
Re: UCL Semi-final:Arsenal(1) Vs Man Utd(3)[Agg: 1-4] On Tues 7th May by femzy(m): 1:48pm On May 04, 2009
cantab:

Arsenal despite having a tradition of facing challenges with kids & holding their head high, they r also in d habit of surprising u with results when u count them out, they hv proven this over d years, smhw they hv always fashioned out a way 2 subdue d big boys , 2morrow might not b an exception, Man u fans, pls don't bet ur money on this tie.
I Repeat!!!
femzy:

Arsenal has never beaten any English club in the UCL, God forbid they beat me!!!
Re: UCL Semi-final:Arsenal(1) Vs Man Utd(3)[Agg: 1-4] On Tues 7th May by astuto: 2:06pm On May 04, 2009
Lookee, guys, this tie is done and dusted, barring the absurd. Manchester United is going through. You have to take into account all the facts on ground for both teams. Y'know, facts like present form, injury list, etc. And all so far favor the defending champions, Manchester United.
Come on, u r dealing with the World, European and British Champions at the same time! Wake up and smell the coffee, u Arsenal faithfuls. Una don kpeme.
I would have loved to see a Man U v Barca final, but who cares? as long as the title stays at Old Trafford. Cheers, guys.
Haters, beware!
Re: UCL Semi-final:Arsenal(1) Vs Man Utd(3)[Agg: 1-4] On Tues 7th May by femzy(m): 2:52pm On May 04, 2009
astuto:

Lookee, guys, this tie is done and dusted, barring the absurd. Manchester United is going through. You have to take into account all the facts on ground for both teams. Y'know, facts like present form, injury list, etc. And all so far favor the defending champions, Manchester United.
Come on, u r dealing with the World, European and British Champions at the same time! Wake up and smell the coffee, u Arsenal faithfuls. Una don kpeme.
I would have loved to see a Man U v Barca final, but who cares? as long as the title stays at Old Trafford. Cheers, guys.
Haters, beware!

Neither say more
Re: UCL Semi-final:Arsenal(1) Vs Man Utd(3)[Agg: 1-4] On Tues 7th May by toxicguy: 3:22pm On May 04, 2009
first goal decides who qualifies. any one second that.
Re: UCL Semi-final:Arsenal(1) Vs Man Utd(3)[Agg: 1-4] On Tues 7th May by kaydee(m): 3:49pm On May 04, 2009
[size=18pt]Hopelessly devoted[/size]

The best the Gunners will get is a draw, Y'all should wake up to Wenger's folly.Silvestre is a big mistake.Man Utd will score mos def.
Re: UCL Semi-final:Arsenal(1) Vs Man Utd(3)[Agg: 1-4] On Tues 7th May by tayoccu(m): 4:44pm On May 04, 2009
Arsenal has never beaten any English club in the UCL, God forbid they beat me!!!

Arsenal have never lost in the semi-finals of an european competition, GOD FORBID I LOSE TO THE MANCS
Re: UCL Semi-final:Arsenal(1) Vs Man Utd(3)[Agg: 1-4] On Tues 7th May by moondust(m): 4:55pm On May 04, 2009
ARSE-ANAL is toast tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!
they'll have their asses handed them again!!!!
Re: UCL Semi-final:Arsenal(1) Vs Man Utd(3)[Agg: 1-4] On Tues 7th May by kooke: 5:46pm On May 04, 2009
No 1 doubts man u strength and ability but come tuesday they will surely crash to the small and more versatile gunners young stars.
Re: UCL Semi-final:Arsenal(1) Vs Man Utd(3)[Agg: 1-4] On Tues 7th May by switch47(m): 5:53pm On May 04, 2009

Wenger - To win we have to enjoy our game

Enjoyment will be Arsenal’s main motivation on Tuesday evening, according to Arsène Wenger.

Manchester United arrive at Emirates Stadium for the Champions League Semi-Final second leg with a narrow but important 1-0 advantage from the first game.

At his pre-match press conference, the Arsenal manager was asked if he needed to inspire his side after a lacklustre performance at Old Trafford last week. Wenger responded by suggesting the occasion would offer more encouragement then any team-talk.

"The players' dream is to be in the Final, so you don’t need the motivation,” said the Frenchman.

“It’s more important to relax the players and focus on what you want to do rather than anything else. At the moment you can read every day in the papers players in the Premier League are playing not to go down, that it’s the most important game and the biggest game that you cannot afford to lose.

“That doesn’t help. What is important is to enjoy it.

“To play football well, you have to be happy to play. It’s not because you say to players that if you don’t do this or that, you will die. That doesn’t make them better players.

“Every football player who plays at the top level wants to be a super player and wants to win big trophies – and we have a great opportunity to do that.”

It is entirely typical of Wenger to talk of “opportunities” rather than problems before a massive game. Despite the display in Manchester, he would argue that Arsenal are halfway into the Final rather than halfway out of the competition.

"How do I rate our chances?” Wenger asked himself. “I believe we will make it. I'm not interested in how many chances we will have, I just believe we will make it.

"We have a good opportunity to enjoy it and we have a good chance to play the football we love. Let's go out and do that and let other people talk.

"No matter what happens on Tuesday I believe this team will make a big impact in the game and that is what we want to continue to develop.

"The progress this team has made since the start of the season has been remarkable. We are on a fantastic run in the Premier League - 21 games unbeaten - we are in the Semi-Final of the Champions League and we were in the Semi-Final of the FA Cup. I am convinced we can make it to this Final.

“We just have to be positive and optimistic about this team.”

[Monday, May 04, 2009]

Re: UCL Semi-final:Arsenal(1) Vs Man Utd(3)[Agg: 1-4] On Tues 7th May by DrLorenz1(m): 6:36pm On May 04, 2009
First of all, its nice to see that the females nairalanders have something much to say about football and this match in question.

But i need to remind y'all that before the first leg was played, the polls clearly showed that Arsenal fans are much in here and it looked like Man U was goin down.

What happened? They lost! cry

When those people who decided to bring in past records to solidify the claim as if that was what determines a match . I even suspected that those people play pool abi na bab ijebu dem dey call am for Eko grin

What happened? They were dissapointed! sad

Like i said earlier on my post, it's a decisive match, but i think Man U's got the best shot.

What happened? I was right! grin

Then again, need i remind you that even though Arsenal hasn't gotten beaten in the Emirates before, them fans need to be remined that Man U's a team that is known for breaking records et al. Perhaps, when they win at Emirates, they'll have to play the match again and this time, they'll take it to the United Arab Emirates grin , for another confirmation.

On a last note, i added that a female nairalander once said that the only arsenal Arsenal's got is a water gun, looks like she was right during the first leg. Hopefully, she'll be right again this time, so that some people will lipsrsealed once and for all,

Oh one more thing, that thing about boys doing this and that, please lets not forget that you grow from being a boy to a man, and when you become a man, u can tell the boys that you've been there and done that.

Please people no hating me cus am only a reporter saying things the way i shocked it,

I rest my case, cus we're all cool

Same time after the match,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nairaland Fantasy Champions League 2012/13 / Turkey Vs Croatia :Euro 2016 (0 - 1) On 12th June 2016 / Manchester United Vs Luton (1 - 0) On 11th November 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.