Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,797 members, 7,827,942 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:45 PM

UCL Semi-final:Arsenal(1) Vs Man Utd(3)[Agg: 1-4] On Tues 7th May - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / UCL Semi-final:Arsenal(1) Vs Man Utd(3)[Agg: 1-4] On Tues 7th May (9565 Views)

Poll: Who Makes it To the Final in Rome?

Arsenal: 53% (43 votes)
Man Utd: 46% (37 votes)
This poll has ended

Chelsea Vs Fc Internazionale [0 - 1] [Agg: 1 - 3] On Tuesday 16th March / Everton V Man Utd [3 - 1] On Saturday 20th February / UCL Semi-final:Chelsea(1) Vs Barcelona(1) [Agg: 1-1] On Wednesday 6th May (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UCL Semi-final:Arsenal(1) Vs Man Utd(3)[Agg: 1-4] On Tues 7th May by Secretz(f): 12:14am On May 06, 2009
190:

@secretz
ah ahh,
sorry ooh
pele
I didnt know u Trekked home from emirates
stadium bak home as ur BF pratically refused carryin u home
after d match,he himself was even in a worse state of mind abi
and also ur jersey 4 u like ship am com give any begger 4 Ojota
@lest he go value ass-anal as they are a fully ASS team overgrown wit
boys that cant even match a standard ss3 team here in 9ja!
anyway i be ur nland lover so i no go yab u again!
takehart,make we chat, drop ur email ad mak i add u 2 my new yahoo id
e get wetin i wan tell u
b4 i 4get chelsea stil get application forms so u can still drive in!
and i wud cost u jst 4000 pounds!

number 1 yeye man!!! tongue

I put my jersey back up to dry am!! cool
Re: UCL Semi-final:Arsenal(1) Vs Man Utd(3)[Agg: 1-4] On Tues 7th May by femzy(m): 12:25am On May 06, 2009
when will u learn Secretz?
Re: UCL Semi-final:Arsenal(1) Vs Man Utd(3)[Agg: 1-4] On Tues 7th May by Secretz(f): 7:29am On May 06, 2009
femzy:

when will u learn Secretz?

when will I learnt what? grin
Re: UCL Semi-final:Arsenal(1) Vs Man Utd(3)[Agg: 1-4] On Tues 7th May by fagbon01: 7:31am On May 06, 2009
6 yrs without a trophy bt am stil behind dem fully,
Re: UCL Semi-final:Arsenal(1) Vs Man Utd(3)[Agg: 1-4] On Tues 7th May by switch47(m): 7:42am On May 06, 2009
'The game was really over before it started'
  Power   On conceding such an early goal…
“The most disappointing thing tonight is that we don’t feel like we’ve played the Semi-Final of the Champions League because we were out of it after 10 minutes. We had 80 minutes to play against a team who defend well and waited for the counter attack. We were in a position where we had to take all the gambles after having started quite well. The most disappointing thing is that the game was over before it started, that is most difficult to swallow.

“We can only look at ourselves I must say but it’s very, very disappointing to fight such a long way to get where we have been but to give the game away like we did tonight.

“It is the most disappointing. I felt the fans were really up for a big night and to disappoint the people who stand behind the team so much tonight hurts really.”

On individual mistakes costing his team…
“We do not want to blame any player individually. It is like that and in two minutes we conceded two goals which was too much on a night like that against a team who defends well and comes out on the counter-attack.

“We were ready for a fight, ready for a game, but after 10 minutes it was impossible. We kept going and we did as much as we could, played with pride and desire, but of course some part of the belief had gone.”

On Man United deserving their place in the Final…
“We could talk all night but it would not change the mistakes now – that’s the game. I must say that, over the two games, Man United deserved to go through because the game could have been over in the first leg. We had a good opportunity to come back and I believe we would have done it but overall they were the better side – congratulation to them and good luck in the Final.

“We had some experienced defensive players who were out for a long time. We had to deal with that. I wouldn’t like to blame the players who played but it’s part of football. Of course you do not plan it but we have to stand up for it and finish the season well and respond well against Chelsea.”

On the possibility of adding to his squad in the summer…
“It’s a difficult question to answer tonight because I am too disappointed. I need to take some distance with this season. We are on a consistent run of 21 games unbeaten but recently in the games that have mattered, like Chelsea and tonight, we couldn’t win. That of course needs thinking.

“It’s easy to say that we needa bit of experience but I am convinced that we have the quality and we’ll continue to develop. If you look at the average age of the team it is still very young. To reach that level deserves a lot of credit but tonight we were caught by a tem who has the art to kill and take advantage of mistakes. I believe Cristiano Ronaldo today gave us a tough time.”

[Wednesday, May 06, 2009]

SWITCH47 says

Now that is some great stuff from WENGER. He did not kill himself after the game(so why should you?) but he is set to reorganise and Hunt for glory in the future- i think HIS TIME WILL COME- Arsenal fans can take a cue from this- Enjoy the game- Arsenal's time of glory will surely come-

Re: UCL Semi-final:Arsenal(1) Vs Man Utd(3)[Agg: 1-4] On Tues 7th May by simmy(m): 7:49am On May 06, 2009
calling assanal fans loosers is getting boring. mayb they hould win someting 4 a change so tht i can get a kick out of makig fun of them again
Re: UCL Semi-final:Arsenal(1) Vs Man Utd(3)[Agg: 1-4] On Tues 7th May by Moonstone(f): 8:00am On May 06, 2009
switch47:

SWITCH47 says

Now that is some great stuff from WENGER. He did not kill himself after the game(so why should you?) but he is set to reorganise and Hunt for glory in the future- i think HIS TIME WILL COME- Arsenal fans can take a cue from this- Enjoy the game- [color=#990000]Arsenal's time of glory will surely come-

You can tell that he had prepared himself well before that speech . . . LOL! Poor Wengay knew he was doomed after the first 12 minutes. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: UCL Semi-final:Arsenal(1) Vs Man Utd(3)[Agg: 1-4] On Tues 7th May by bigben3: 8:02am On May 06, 2009
Very unfortunate for Arsenal,the game actually ended before it started! embarassed cry
Re: UCL Semi-final:Arsenal(1) Vs Man Utd(3)[Agg: 1-4] On Tues 7th May by phantom(m): 8:11am On May 06, 2009
Finally,arsenal fans can now shut the f up, Bloody noisemakers!
Re: UCL Semi-final:Arsenal(1) Vs Man Utd(3)[Agg: 1-4] On Tues 7th May by djcrucifix(m): 8:49am On May 06, 2009
eeyah! arsenal will have to wait till next season, but at least they are already sure of at least fourth place.
Re: UCL Semi-final:Arsenal(1) Vs Man Utd(3)[Agg: 1-4] On Tues 7th May by dammytosh: 9:15am On May 06, 2009
Arsenal fans are like die hard religious fanatics who after knowing the truth feels very ashamed to denounce their religion. grin Can't remember this team doing any good thing for the past 6 years and yet people die to support them.
Re: UCL Semi-final:Arsenal(1) Vs Man Utd(3)[Agg: 1-4] On Tues 7th May by DrLorenz1(m): 10:12am On May 06, 2009
Well well well. All these talks of Arsenal loosing to Man U. I said it before that they will be disappointed and they were,
I feel sorry for them, but i've always known they were going to lose.
I wonder why Arsene Wenger thought he could send little boys to play with the big boys and win.
I'm sure if Man U decided to play Arsenal with all the young players they have, they still would have won the game.
Anyway, what's done, is done. And there's still more to do. Arsenal fans should take heart.
One thing about them though is that they are die-hard fans and i its cool sha but hope say them no go die because them lose? grin
Re: UCL Semi-final:Arsenal(1) Vs Man Utd(3)[Agg: 1-4] On Tues 7th May by kazman7(m): 10:35am On May 06, 2009
grin grin where is mukina,muki, muki, mukenke,hope u slept well yester-night,i swear if you were to be my girlfriend,i would have raped you front & back over-night for supporting a group of boys scouts, i am sure fashola would have done the same thing to madam if she had supported arse-anal yesterday (dont mind me jare,mukina my sweet-------- grin grin grin)
Re: UCL Semi-final:Arsenal(1) Vs Man Utd(3)[Agg: 1-4] On Tues 7th May by kazman7(m): 10:40am On May 06, 2009
it was a case of a group of boys-scout playing against a professional football side,we showed them the stuff champions are made of-------------manchester united the reigning english,european & world champions smiley ONE UNITED,ONE LOVE,
@ crystalz,i am loving U to bitz
Re: UCL Semi-final:Arsenal(1) Vs Man Utd(3)[Agg: 1-4] On Tues 7th May by kazman7(m): 10:43am On May 06, 2009
separating the boys from men

Re: UCL Semi-final:Arsenal(1) Vs Man Utd(3)[Agg: 1-4] On Tues 7th May by khanye(m): 11:29am On May 06, 2009
"We are 11 men, they are 11 children, this is the difference. We are much more mature and have more confidence." - Evra

LMAO
Re: UCL Semi-final:Arsenal(1) Vs Man Utd(3)[Agg: 1-4] On Tues 7th May by No2Atheism(m): 1:34pm On May 06, 2009
http://www.sport24.co.za/Content/Soccer/266/9cf0e6e2d9c441a6ad306511e7d53843//Arsenal_fan_hangs_himself

[url]http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,25440670-23215,00.html[/url]

http://sports.id.msn.com/football/ucl/article.aspx?cp-documentid=3284923

Quote:

"Nairobi - An Arsenal fan in football-mad Kenya hung himself following his team's 4-1 aggregate drubbing by arch-rivals Manchester United in the Champions League semi-final, police said on Wednesday.

Suleiman Alphonso Omondi, a 29-year-old Kenyan living in the capital Nairobi's Embakasi neighbourhood, hung himself in his Arsenal shirt late Tuesday after the match, police said.

"We were watching the match at Bamba 70 pub, and when Arsenal was defeated, Suleiman just walked out in protest and he was crying," Calvin Otieno, one of his friends, said.

"We didn't know he was going to hang himself until Wednesday morning when we received the reports and came here to find his body at the balcony," Otieno said outside the deceased's home.

Arsenal slumped to a 3-1 defeat at home in the second leg of the Champions League semi-final, capping a disappointing season for the Gunners who were already out of the Premier League title race early in the season.

Football-related domestic tragedies are frequent in the region, where English clubs enjoy passionate following and European games draw more attention than national and continental games''.
Re: UCL Semi-final:Arsenal(1) Vs Man Utd(3)[Agg: 1-4] On Tues 7th May by tboy1(m): 1:39pm On May 06, 2009
No2Atheism:

http://www.sport24.co.za/Content/Soccer/266/9cf0e6e2d9c441a6ad306511e7d53843//Arsenal_fan_hangs_himself

[url]http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,25440670-23215,00.html[/url]

http://sports.id.msn.com/football/ucl/article.aspx?cp-documentid=3284923

Quote:

"Nairobi - An Arsenal fan in football-mad Kenya hung himself following his team's 4-1 aggregate drubbing by arch-rivals Manchester United in the Champions League semi-final, police said on Wednesday.

Suleiman Alphonso Omondi, a 29-year-old Kenyan living in the capital Nairobi's Embakasi neighbourhood, hung himself in his Arsenal shirt late Tuesday after the match, police said.

"We were watching the match at Bamba 70 pub, and when Arsenal was defeated, Suleiman just walked out in protest and he was crying," Calvin Otieno, one of his friends, said.

"We didn't know he was going to hang himself until Wednesday morning when we received the reports and came here to find his body at the balcony," Otieno said outside the deceased's home.

Arsenal slumped to a 3-1 defeat at home in the second leg of the Champions League semi-final, capping a disappointing season for the Gunners who were already out of the Premier League title race early in the season.

Football-related domestic tragedies are frequent in the region, where English clubs enjoy passionate following and European games draw more attention than national and continental games''.

This dude had issues with his own life before the arsenal match
Re: UCL Semi-final:Arsenal(1) Vs Man Utd(3)[Agg: 1-4] On Tues 7th May by Nobody: 1:47pm On May 06, 2009
I am deeply and truly sorry for Arsenal
Re: UCL Semi-final:Arsenal(1) Vs Man Utd(3)[Agg: 1-4] On Tues 7th May by webtools: 1:52pm On May 06, 2009
Chelsea/Barca
Up soon, Arsenal is old news, the club needs a break or better yet a Vacation to Pakistan Swat Valley tongue
Re: UCL Semi-final:Arsenal(1) Vs Man Utd(3)[Agg: 1-4] On Tues 7th May by bigben3: 1:53pm On May 06, 2009
ote:

Football-related domestic tragedies are frequent in the region, where English clubs enjoy passionate following and European games draw more attention than national and continental games''.This to me is the height of absurdity
Re: UCL Semi-final:Arsenal(1) Vs Man Utd(3)[Agg: 1-4] On Tues 7th May by sayso: 1:56pm On May 06, 2009
The team was almost complete last season with Flamini ,Fabregas,Rosicky and Hleh in mid-field but Le boss let it go,with the introduction of Ashavin in front and just one defensive mid-fielder Arsenal will almost be very difficult to beat,but what can we fans do,only just seat in front of our TV and watch.Wenger please buy
(1)Flamini back
(2)Bring Hleb back
(3)Get 2 deffenders.

Ppppplllllllsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Re: UCL Semi-final:Arsenal(1) Vs Man Utd(3)[Agg: 1-4] On Tues 7th May by Nobody: 1:57pm On May 06, 2009
Sorry Arsenal!! sucks for you Thou!!!!  cheesy

ARSE ANAL!!! KISS MA ASS  grin

[size=14pt]CHELSEA!!!!!!!! UP CHELSKY!!!!

BARCA UNA DON DIE TODAY OOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
[/size]
Re: UCL Semi-final:Arsenal(1) Vs Man Utd(3)[Agg: 1-4] On Tues 7th May by SamMilla1(m): 2:04pm On May 06, 2009
faakay:

Sorry Arsenal!! sucks for you Thou!!!!  cheesy

ARSE ANAL!!! KISS MA ASS  grin

[size=14pt]CHELSEA!!!!!!!! UP CHELSKY!!!!

BARCA UNA DON DIE TODAY OOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
[/size]

this statement might hunt you after tonight , just pray
Re: UCL Semi-final:Arsenal(1) Vs Man Utd(3)[Agg: 1-4] On Tues 7th May by decworld: 2:30pm On May 06, 2009
i dey happy when d great united humilated gunners.i be real united fans, dey go do am again 4 finals
Re: UCL Semi-final:Arsenal(1) Vs Man Utd(3)[Agg: 1-4] On Tues 7th May by AmAlone: 2:42pm On May 06, 2009
Man United and the Cup!
Re: UCL Semi-final:Arsenal(1) Vs Man Utd(3)[Agg: 1-4] On Tues 7th May by elfuego(m): 2:49pm On May 06, 2009
yesterdays match was annoying
wenger needed to be flogged on the ,
arsenal need matured players that can stand the strength of "big" and old boys from other clubs
can you imagine arsenal players falling unnecessarily when given body contact?
it's ggud to have young players because it's easier to groom them but matured players are also needed in Arsenal.
Re: UCL Semi-final:Arsenal(1) Vs Man Utd(3)[Agg: 1-4] On Tues 7th May by Omolola1(f): 3:14pm On May 06, 2009
Men, I pitied Arsenal yesterday o, u needed to have seen their fans face. RONALDO FINISHED THEM!!
Re: UCL Semi-final:Arsenal(1) Vs Man Utd(3)[Agg: 1-4] On Tues 7th May by kufreabasi(m): 3:21pm On May 06, 2009
up man u.
the only problem i have with them is that they need any African players, but for the fact that i am their fans
Re: UCL Semi-final:Arsenal(1) Vs Man Utd(3)[Agg: 1-4] On Tues 7th May by kshow1(m): 3:42pm On May 06, 2009
All these posts about Man united fans yaping Arsenal fans would not have arise if not for that MISER , sorry i mean WENGER who feels he can achieve something with his HIGH SCH BOYZ.
Re: UCL Semi-final:Arsenal(1) Vs Man Utd(3)[Agg: 1-4] On Tues 7th May by tomory(m): 3:47pm On May 06, 2009
up man united,this is our time ,we are expecting Chelsea for the final. so that we can now call it back~to~back~to~back. by gods grace.

united till am gone.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Turkey Vs Croatia :Euro 2016 (0 - 1) On 12th June 2016 / FACup: West-Ham Vs Manchester United (2 - 2) On 5th January 2013 / 5 Brilliant And Funny Quotes From Mario Balotelli

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.