Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,225 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:51 AM

Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroon [use Of English Thread] - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroon [use Of English Thread] (10615 Views)

2016 NAIRALAND JAMB TUTORIAL {the Physics Thread } / Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroom [chemistry Thread] / Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroon [mathematics Thread] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroon [use Of English Thread] by Nobody: 10:08am On Nov 06, 2015
[email] Geofavour and orezy5 , In the comity, Nigeria is a giant.

>>> The couple has arrived.

>>> The president as well as his wife is around
Comity is a word meaning an association of nations for their mutual benefit.

And the couple there is a collective noun, so it should come with a singular present tense

[/email]

1 Like

Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroon [use Of English Thread] by Godzlove8(m): 12:48pm On Nov 06, 2015
Followin
Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroon [use Of English Thread] by Geofavor(m): 1:13pm On Nov 06, 2015
Tobiee:
[email] Geofavour and orezy5 , In the comity, Nigeria is a giant.

>>> The couple has arrived.

>>> The president as well as his wife is around
Comity is a word meaning an association of nations for their mutual benefit.

And the couple there is a collective noun, so it should come with a singular present tense

[/email]

Oh, you are very correct bro; collective nouns collocate with singular verbs.

Hahaha, that comity question, I thought it was just a "spelling test," you know, like the ones I posted before you posted those. hmm. Nice.
Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroon [use Of English Thread] by Nobody: 5:40pm On Nov 06, 2015
Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroon [use Of English Thread] by Priianne(f): 10:34pm On Nov 06, 2015
Following cool
Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroon [use Of English Thread] by Nobody: 11:55pm On Nov 06, 2015
Cc BoiGrammz

Welcome on board
Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroon [use Of English Thread] by Nobody: 11:58pm On Nov 06, 2015

1 Like

Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroon [use Of English Thread] by BoiGrammz: 12:08am On Nov 07, 2015
zaragal:
Cc BoiGrammz

Welcome on board
thanks dear

modified.
Found maths and chemistry.. Looking for physics and biology..
Mention me if you come across em, thanks
Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroon [use Of English Thread] by HomoSapiien: 12:25pm On Nov 07, 2015
Mheesa:

Ki lon sele
Been gasping for breath after seeing your pretty face embarassed kiss
Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroon [use Of English Thread] by Mheesa(f): 6:26pm On Nov 09, 2015
HomoSapiien:

Lol. . .Pls Oh. .I'm not that fine abeg. .
Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroon [use Of English Thread] by HomoSapiien: 9:03pm On Nov 10, 2015
Mheesa:

Lol. . .Pls Oh. .I'm not that fine abeg. .
You are not just fine, you are beautiful. wink
Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroon [use Of English Thread] by Geofavor(m): 9:37am On Nov 11, 2015
During the jamb exam, time management is very key to succeding.

Some parts of the exam are maybe not hard, but they eat away your time.

In English for example, the comprehension passages part is specially designed to delay students.

So I want to ask:
Which techniques do you guys use in reading and answering comprehension passages FAST?
Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroon [use Of English Thread] by Geofavor(m): 9:41am On Nov 11, 2015
Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroon [use Of English Thread] by Godzlove8(m): 8:43pm On Nov 11, 2015
Geofavor:

In English for example, the comprehension passages part is specially designed to delay students.

So I want to ask:
Which techniques do you guys use in reading and answering comprehension passages FAST?
the best way is to skim through it.
Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroon [use Of English Thread] by Mheesa(f): 8:51pm On Nov 11, 2015
HomoSapiien:

You are not just fine, you are beautiful. wink
Hmmm. .Thnks!
Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroon [use Of English Thread] by HomoSapiien: 2:44pm On Nov 12, 2015
Mheesa:

Hmmm. .Thnks!
My PM is pending on ur profile dear wink
Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroon [use Of English Thread] by HomoSapiien: 2:47pm On Nov 12, 2015
Geofavor:

So I want to ask:

My plan is to first of all read the question before reading the passage. I have tried it and its really working.
Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroon [use Of English Thread] by Nobody: 4:35pm On Nov 12, 2015
Geofavor:

So I want to ask:
[email] Read questions first before reading comprehension. [/email]
Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroon [use Of English Thread] by Nobody: 8:18pm On Nov 13, 2015
HomoSapiien:

going by unilorin's jamb statistics. 1,043 candidates have applied for Accounting at uniilorin and a greater percentage of them are best brains and You dont know the admission quota and the number of candidates that ilorin would admit into your course. So i would advice you to turn a blind eye to beautiful girls now and tryna make sure they look ugly to you so that you can serious and focus and battle these thousand candidates seeking admission with you to your course.
Thanks.
http://www.jamb.org.ng/Unifiedtme1/CheckInstitutionStatisitics.aspx

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroon [use Of English Thread] by Mheesa(f): 11:53pm On Nov 13, 2015
SaintHephzibah:
going by unilorin's jamb statistics. 1,043 candidates have applied for Accounting at uniilorin and a greater percentage of them are best brains and You dont know the admission quota and the number of candidates that ilorin would admit into your course. So i would advice you to turn a blind eye to beautiful girls now and tryna make sure they look ugly to you so that you can serious and focus and battle these thousand candidates seeking admission with you to your course.
Thanks.

Lmao. .Eleyi gidi gan sha. .Bros no vex abeg
Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroon [use Of English Thread] by Nobody: 2:11pm On Nov 14, 2015
grin
Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroon [use Of English Thread] by Geofavor(m): 3:42pm On Nov 14, 2015
gringrin
Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroon [use Of English Thread] by Geofavor(m): 3:44pm On Nov 14, 2015
BTW, thanks guys, for your contributions to the question I asked.
Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroon [use Of English Thread] by HomoSapiien: 1:14am On Nov 16, 2015
SaintHephzibah:
Thanks.

Lool, thanks bro. I was actually teasing her.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroon [use Of English Thread] by Godzlove8(m): 4:53pm On Nov 16, 2015
HomoSapiien:

Lool, thanks bro. I was actually teasing her.
if you believe this statement quoted..press 1
Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroon [use Of English Thread] by Mheesa(f): 10:19am On Nov 17, 2015
Godzlove8:
if you believe this statement quoted..press 1

lmao.. . .*walking away*
Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroon [use Of English Thread] by Nobody: 10:38am On Nov 17, 2015
Mheesa:

lmao.. . .*walking away*
[email] What's up? [/email]
Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroon [use Of English Thread] by Nobody: 3:54pm On Nov 23, 2015
Mary, as well as her sisters, ______pretty. : a) is b) are c) so d) were
Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroon [use Of English Thread] by Orezy5(m): 9:06pm On Nov 23, 2015
bigneorapz:
Mary, as well as her sisters, ______pretty.
:
a) is
b) are
c) so
d) were
Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroon [use Of English Thread] by Nobody: 3:15pm On Nov 24, 2015
Orezy5 u right

1 Like

Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroon [use Of English Thread] by Geofavor(m): 10:06am On Dec 07, 2015
I know you guys have been so busy - you've burnt the hell out of the midnight candle. grin . But share with us, your knowledge; don't be stingy grin..

Cc everyone!
Re: Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroon [use Of English Thread] by Oxytocin(m): 10:28am On Dec 07, 2015
#following

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Best Law Books For Law Students: A Must Read For Aspiring Lawyers / Breaking News - ASUU-lasu May Pull Out Of ASUU Strike / 79 Bauchi Schools Have One Teacher Each, Says SUBEB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.