Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,961 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:57 PM

Is One Religion Superior Or Inferior To Others? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is One Religion Superior Or Inferior To Others? (2555 Views)

Did You Research More Than One Religion? / Question Of The Day:- Can You Convert From One Religion To Another Because Of A / Marrying Outside One's Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is One Religion Superior Or Inferior To Others? by karyurdey(m): 5:06pm On Oct 11, 2006
Hello everybody, i want you to please contribute to this posting of mine. I hear people say one religion is better to the other so I will like to read from you all.
Re: Is One Religion Superior Or Inferior To Others? by jagunlabi(m): 7:13pm On Oct 15, 2006
True religions don't waste their times pondering on such mundane questions.
Only kindergarten religions like christianity and islam spend all their energies on such nonsensical questions.
I see all these dogfights between muslims and christians on this forum and i nod my head thinking,"Yes,this is as it should be.These are the sorts of children kindergarten religions rear.Children who fight each other like cats and dogs! ".
Buddhists won't engage themselves in such debates.They are much too matured and spiritual for all that nonsense. cool
Re: Is One Religion Superior Or Inferior To Others? by Seun(m): 6:28pm On Oct 17, 2006
All religions claim superiority and therefore I find them all to be inferior to atheism!!
Re: Is One Religion Superior Or Inferior To Others? by CrazyMan(m): 7:10pm On Oct 17, 2006
It all depends on what you believe in.
a christian will say christianity is the greatest.
a muslim will say islam is the greatest.
So it's not about which is more Superior it's about your believe in that particular religion that makes it Superior to other religions.
Re: Is One Religion Superior Or Inferior To Others? by Seun(m): 7:13pm On Oct 17, 2006
How can one unfounded belief be superior to another unfounded belief?
Re: Is One Religion Superior Or Inferior To Others? by CrazyMan(m): 7:20pm On Oct 17, 2006
@ Seun
A christian would never admit that his religion is inferior why?
because of the believe he has for that religion.
the same thing also goes to a muslim.
it's about you believe and faith.
Re: Is One Religion Superior Or Inferior To Others? by Drusilla(f): 8:12am On Oct 24, 2006
Religion is neither here nor there. Really the fight between Christians and Muslims is a political/cultural fight and has little to do with the religion of either.

Religion is just the most successful platform to run a revolution on and so people use it to do so, without really having a love of the religion.
Re: Is One Religion Superior Or Inferior To Others? by nferyn(m): 1:53pm On Oct 24, 2006
Drusilla:

Religion is just the most successful platform to run a revolution on and so people use it to do so, without really having a love of the religion.
It is actually rather the most successful platform to [b]counter [/b]a revolution. Religion is an excellent tool to control and steer the masses, so that they don't rise up against their overlords or take matters into their own hands. After all, one can accept suffering, as long as there is a reward in the afterlife.
Re: Is One Religion Superior Or Inferior To Others? by TV01(m): 2:26pm On Oct 24, 2006
Hmmmmmmmmm.

I think both Dru & Nferyn have a point, only I don't agree that the points are about true faith/religion, they are about men utilising religion (if you see the difference).

And whilst I am here, may I say an unabshed Yes Ooo! To the question posited. ~Christianity~

God bless
Re: Is One Religion Superior Or Inferior To Others? by ThoniaSlim(f): 11:21pm On Dec 11, 2006
i don't think,so i think its just different approach to worshipping God
Re: Is One Religion Superior Or Inferior To Others? by Nobody: 11:28pm On Dec 11, 2006
Seun:

All religions claim superiority and therefore I find them all to be inferior to atheism!!

Are you kidding?, Atheists claim superiority without a doubt and you're already proving the point. Ironic, isn't it?
Re: Is One Religion Superior Or Inferior To Others? by nferyn(m): 12:50am On Dec 12, 2006
Donzman:

Are you kidding?, Atheists claim superiority without a doubt and you're already proving the point. Ironic, isn't it?
Is this a substitute for argument? Most religions hold claims to the absolute truth, while atheism, i.e. the lack of belief in God(s), does no such thing.
Re: Is One Religion Superior Or Inferior To Others? by Eurphoria(f): 2:41am On Dec 12, 2006
*yawn* the usual
Re: Is One Religion Superior Or Inferior To Others? by Nobody: 4:14am On Dec 12, 2006
nferyn:

Is this a substitute for argument? Most religions hold claims to the absolute truth, while atheism, i.e. the lack of belief in God(s), does no such thing.

So the idea that there is no God is supposed to be what to atheists?, An "unabsolute" truth?
Re: Is One Religion Superior Or Inferior To Others? by nferyn(m): 9:50pm On Dec 12, 2006
Donzman:

So the idea that there is no God is supposed to be what to atheists?, An "unabsolute" truth?
Only 'strong' or gnostic atheists hold the belief that they know there is no God, most atheists just think there is no compelling evidence to believe in God. Personally, I'm an agnostic atheist: even though I believe there to be no God, it is something you cannot obtain conclusive knowledge about. Only when God is specified can he be put to the test. The abstract, ethereal God is unfalsifiable, but the God of the Bible definitely does not exist.
Re: Is One Religion Superior Or Inferior To Others? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Dec 12, 2006
So i conclude that the beleif the Biblical God does not exist is the absolute truth to you. Thanks for playing!
Re: Is One Religion Superior Or Inferior To Others? by Nobody: 11:44pm On Dec 12, 2006
nferyn:

Only 'strong' or gnostic atheists hold the belief that they know there is no God, most atheists just think there is no compelling evidence to believe in God. Personally, I'm an agnostic atheist: even though I believe there to be no God, it is something you cannot obtain conclusive knowledge about. Only when God is specified can he be put to the test. The abstract, ethereal God is unfalsifiable, but the God of the Bible definitely does not exist.

Simply because there is no "empirical evidence" to prove His existence? Is there any proof that He does not exist?
Re: Is One Religion Superior Or Inferior To Others? by KAG: 12:26am On Dec 14, 2006
Donzman:

I doubt that. Some atheists may claim superiority, but generalising never gets people anywhere (I should know because I'm superior tongue)
Re: Is One Religion Superior Or Inferior To Others? by Eurphoria(f): 12:12am On Dec 16, 2006
Yes one religion is superior and that religion is JESUS(when i say jesus i mean the religion that preaches the son of God) quote me to thy kingdom come Jesus is king, Jehovah reigns above evry other name, yep yep , quote on wink no arguement from me all i know is Jehovah is supreme quote onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Re: Is One Religion Superior Or Inferior To Others? by 4Play(m): 12:24am On Dec 16, 2006
A key component of a religion is often its incompatibility with other religions.Religions by their very essence assert superiority over each other.

The fact that one belongs to one religion is often a matter of coincidence depending on things like place and time of birth,place of residence e.t.c.If one grew up in Nigeria a 300 years ago,he was almost inevitably a pagan,300 years later he is often either a Christian or Muslim
Re: Is One Religion Superior Or Inferior To Others? by Drusilla(f): 3:59am On Dec 16, 2006
Kuryurdey,

It depends on what you mean by 'superior' or 'better'. Politically?

Politically Christianity and Islam and Hindu and many other faiths have been equally successful at forming their people into one cohesive group and allowing that group to attain power politically for themselves.

As they say: Religion is the only platform on which successful revolutions have been run.

Even in Communist states: Tolstoy considered his program to be christian. In Vietnam they had to tear down temples to Ho Chi Min.

And it's equally true that all of the places where these religous groups wanted political control, they used religion as the excuse for outright brutality and more, to get control of the area.

If your thinking of people's personal feelings about their religion, then it will mostly be a thing of yes my religion is superior and better, because it is my religion and I believe that your religion is false. How can I respect something I think is untrue?
Re: Is One Religion Superior Or Inferior To Others? by KAG: 2:24am On Dec 30, 2006
Drusilla:

Kuryurdey,

It depends on what you mean by 'superior' or 'better'. Politically?

Politically Christianity and Islam and Hindu and many other faiths have been equally successful at forming their people into one cohesive group and allowing that group to attain power politically for themselves.

As they say: Religion is the only platform on which successful revolutions have been run.

Absolute nonsense. There've been many successful revolutions that weren't run on religious platforms. From the revolutions inspired by the Wobblies and Joe Hill, for example, to the French revolution, and the different renaissances - revolutions of subtle imports.

Even in Communist states: Tolstoy considered his program to be christian.

Really? Which Tolstoy?

In Vietnam they had to tear down temples to Ho Chi Min.

Therefore, their "revolution" was run on a religious platform.

And it's equally true that all of the places where these religous groups wanted political control, they used religion as the excuse for outright brutality and more, to get control of the area.

You said it.

If your thinking of people's personal feelings about their religion, then it will mostly be a thing of yes my religion is superior and better, because it is my religion and I believe that your religion is false. How can I respect something I think is untrue?

What about if you just respect the person and his/her opinion then?

(1) (Reply)

Synagogue Church: A Woman Delivered A Snail. / Evidence To Show That Satan Exist. / Ese Walter Is A Liar !!! No Second Service In Abuja: adeleye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.