Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,956 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

My Husband Keeps Me Away From My Family. Help! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Keeps Me Away From My Family. Help! (1602 Views)

My Husband Keeps Avoiding Me / My Serial Cheating Husband Keeps Begging For Forgiveness / What Can A Woman Do If Her Husband Keeps Threatening Her With Death? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Husband Keeps Me Away From My Family. Help! by ALocoVivaVoce: 8:44am On Oct 23, 2015
Hello guys, it’s Feature Friday! Every Friday I would be sharing a real life experience and situation of a reader who needs my opinion. If you have a situation that you need my opinion on, email me on featurefriday@alocovivavoce.com.

Read the situation and my opinion after the cut. The names have been changed to protect the identity of the person being featured. Enjoy!

Hello OUR,

My name is Sarah and I have been married for a year now. My husband is a Pastor and we have a lovely son together. The fact that my husband is a Pastor makes him a very wonderful and religious person which I admire so much but for whatever reason, he doesn’t like me having family around.

Let me give you some instances.

In the city we live in, I have only two family members. Both are my male cousins who are also married with a child each. One of them is quite dependable but the other one is a loner and doesn’t really like to mingle with anyone.

For the one that likes to mingle, is it a crime to visit him every now and then and have him come visit as well?

There was a time when my husband traveled for two weeks and my cousin and his wife were planning on coming to visit during this time to know our new house as we just moved.

Click on the link to continue reading the situation and my reply

http://alocovivavoce.com/2015/10/23/my-husband-keeps-me-away-from-my-family-help/
Re: My Husband Keeps Me Away From My Family. Help! by Nobody: 8:47am On Oct 23, 2015
She should limit her visits
Re: My Husband Keeps Me Away From My Family. Help! by silverr(f): 9:11am On Oct 23, 2015
that your hubby is a pastor doesn't mean he will be perfect.
Pls firmly let him know that you can reduce the way u visit family but you will not stop visiting family.
These aren't friends but family for crying out loud.
Without them, will you be the wife he married.

Reminds me of a clown who said he loves me and wants to marry me but can't stand how I pump money to my immediate family. I must stop it for him to get serious.

orisirisi

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Keeps Me Away From My Family. Help! by tpiander: 9:28am On Oct 23, 2015
Na because you get husband, if you were still praying and fasting for a suitor, you wouldn't have opened thread.
Re: My Husband Keeps Me Away From My Family. Help! by dollydolly(f): 9:28am On Oct 23, 2015
hmm...
Re: My Husband Keeps Me Away From My Family. Help! by flightz(f): 8:01pm On Oct 23, 2015
tpiander:
Na because you get husband, if you were still praying and fasting for a suitor, you wouldn't have opened thread.
u are a troll, do yu kno that?

1 Like

Re: My Husband Keeps Me Away From My Family. Help! by xynerise: 8:17pm On Oct 23, 2015
flightz:
u are a troll, do yu kno that?
She is mentally deranged

1 Like

Re: My Husband Keeps Me Away From My Family. Help! by tpiah11: 2:43am On Oct 24, 2015
flightz:
I am a troll, i know that

um, I'm not male, stay away, thanks.
Re: My Husband Keeps Me Away From My Family. Help! by tpiah11: 2:45am On Oct 24, 2015
xynerise:

I am a mentally deranged goat
Re: My Husband Keeps Me Away From My Family. Help! by flightz(f): 11:08am On Oct 24, 2015
tpiah11:

um, I'm not male, stay away, thanks.
u were banned. U need to be banished completely from nl.
Re: My Husband Keeps Me Away From My Family. Help! by babestell(f): 8:33pm On Oct 24, 2015
silverr:
that your hubby is a pastor doesn't mean he will be perfect.
Pls firmly let him know that you can reduce the way u visit family but you will not stop visiting family.
These aren't friends but family for crying out loud.
Without them, will you be the wife he married.

Reminds me of a clown who said he loves me and wants to marry me but can't stand how I pump money to my immediate family. I must stop it for him to get serious.

orisirisi

Lol my dear. ..I met one like that too. .....If you see the way I use run....better to be single than enter a relationship full of deceit
Re: My Husband Keeps Me Away From My Family. Help! by silverr(f): 8:38pm On Oct 24, 2015
babestell:

Lol my dear. ..I met one like that too. .....If you see the way I use run....better to be single than enter a relationship full of deceit

Exactly o!
Some men think all women will jump at the mention of marriage even though they aren't worthy of marriage yet.
........like they are doing me a favour....

I know one lady whose husband flags with cane or belt. See her body full of maps. She must not eat fatty foods, watch certain programs, wear what he doesn't like, talk to who he doesn't like or interfere when the man of the house is talking. Kilode

May God see us through.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Keeps Me Away From My Family. Help! by tpiah11: 8:42pm On Oct 24, 2015
flightz:
I am banned. I need to be banished completely from nl. Fk me

your case is indeed pathetic, eyah.

I feel for you.

(1) (Reply)

10 Great Marriage Proposal Ideas That Will Have Your Girl Screaming YES!! / samsung Blu-ray / Things To Know About Wall Clocks - What Makes Them Expensive - Clocks For Decor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.