Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,593 members, 7,850,994 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:58 AM

Corruption Not Nigeria’s Major Problem – Nwabueze Tells Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Corruption Not Nigeria’s Major Problem – Nwabueze Tells Buhari (553 Views)

Judges Arrest: ‘corruption, Not Judiciary Under attack’ - Presidency / "Islamisation Of Nigeria Is Real" - Ben Nwabueze / Corruption Not Nigeria’s Major Problem – Nwabueze Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corruption Not Nigeria’s Major Problem – Nwabueze Tells Buhari by oyem4u(m): 10:44am On Oct 23, 2015

Foremost constitutional lawyer, Prof. Ben Nwabueze,
has stated that corruption is not Nigeria’s primary
problem.

Speaking on behalf of his group, the Igbo Leaders of
Thought, the elder statesman warned President
Muhammadu Buhari to be careful in the fight against
corruption.

Nwabueze made the group’s feelings known after
an extensive meeting in Enugu. The group noted that other vital issues like poverty,
illiteracy and security should not be neglected
because of the campaign against corruption.

Speaking to journalists, Nwabueze, however,
observed that the current preoccupation with the
anti-corruption campaign had unfortunately
relegated other serious national challenges to the
background.

The Senior Advocate of Nigeria said, “Everybody is
thinking that all that we need is to fight corruption; it
is important, but it is not our primary problem. “There are other issues that are even more
important than corruption.

“We have the question of illiteracy, the question of
poverty, the question of security. “As important as the war against corruption is, we
are of the view that there are other issues that
overshadow corruption. “Another issue is what we call the national
question.” Shedding further light on the ‘national question’,
Nwabueze said Nigeria was not a nation. He said, “The national question means the problem
of evolving Nigeria into a nation.

“Nigeria is not a nation; it is a state.

“We all want to belong to that state but we deceive
ourselves always by thinking and painting the picture
that we are already a nation; we are not.”

source - http://dailypost.ng/2015/10/23/corruption-not-nigerias-major-problem-nwabueze-tells-buhari/

1 Like

Re: Corruption Not Nigeria’s Major Problem – Nwabueze Tells Buhari by Unsad(m): 10:45am On Oct 23, 2015
Hmm..
Re: Corruption Not Nigeria’s Major Problem – Nwabueze Tells Buhari by Liviintainment: 10:47am On Oct 23, 2015
ok
Re: Corruption Not Nigeria’s Major Problem – Nwabueze Tells Buhari by ifihearam: 10:48am On Oct 23, 2015
I agree with this onyigbo
Re: Corruption Not Nigeria’s Major Problem – Nwabueze Tells Buhari by ODUBEZE: 11:09am On Oct 23, 2015
God bless U Prof. May you live longer than you expected.
Honestly I had high hopes when PMB emerged as the president.
If his fight against corruption has yielded any result and its obvious in the life style of the masses, it would have being better.
What I am about to tell U is a fact: U can enquire:
Traders has being lamenting seriously about the high cost of food stuff, food being one of the basic needs of life.
A trader said during GEJ era, a bag of potato goes for a thousand or a thousand plus but now it sells for N10,000.
Yam never cost so tey I buy am for N1000 not excluding new yam, na for this regime.
seriously there are cries everywhere about how the economy is falling, even from CBN. Instead of PMB to do something drastic about it, he will accuse the man of corruption for daring to say something negative about his leadership style.
Honestly, I hope he realizes what he is doing on time before this state comes to a stand still.
If U don't understand what I have said, U can start wailing.

1 Like

Re: Corruption Not Nigeria’s Major Problem – Nwabueze Tells Buhari by PassingShot(m): 11:11am On Oct 23, 2015
The Prof has just spoken like a semi literate being.

It is corruption that has made it impossible to achieve result in all aspects that matter in our nation's development.

It is corruption that has increased illiteracy, made it impossible to have needed functional institutions, given rise to high unemployment rate, discouraged investors from investing, etc, etc.

I am surprised a professor could speak like this. He must be very corrupt.

1 Like

Re: Corruption Not Nigeria’s Major Problem – Nwabueze Tells Buhari by elderhimself(m): 11:35am On Oct 23, 2015
Truly educated people should know that corruption is the mother to all those other problems in nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Was Never An Option - The Nation / Is Nigeria Really Winning The War Against Terrorism? / Where Was This Biafra Craze When Jonathan Was President?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.