Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,716 members, 7,809,711 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:44 PM

Lagosians: What Hardships Do You Face In Your Locality? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagosians: What Hardships Do You Face In Your Locality? (2930 Views)

FG Imposing More Hardships On Nigeria With VAT Increment - Fayose / Gani Adams Reveals That 85% Of Lagosians Want Jonathan / "Horn Free Day": Lagosians, What's The Situation Report At Your Place? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagosians: What Hardships Do You Face In Your Locality? by lwisee: 8:23am On May 04, 2009
I create this thread for Lagosians to express/share the hardship they are passing through in their locality.
I believe some of the government official are members of this great forum.

I payed a visit to my my friend living in Adura b/stop,Agbado Ijaye(ojokoro LGA).To my surprise their is no power supply in this area for the past six months shocked.
I thought he was lying but i later confirm from his neighbour.I learnt that their transformer caught fire in early November.The community approached PHCN but its like they ar not ready to do anything.
To my greatest surpise,in thier effort to get new one, each building was levied in other to raise two million naira.
Part of the money is to bribe PHCN so that they can have another transformer and the remainig for community
development.
I wonder if this area is part of Lagos state.
To confirm my story u can find out from anybody living around Adua and caaso bus/stop,Agbado Ijaye Lagos.
I wonder if Nigeria can be rebranded.We ar all decieving ourselves.

If u have any complain from your area pls make use of this thread
Re: Lagosians: What Hardships Do You Face In Your Locality? by redsun(m): 9:50am On May 04, 2009
Nice thread,spill it out people with pictures and secret recordings of encounters with corrupt officials if possible,they are the cancer worms of our society.
Re: Lagosians: What Hardships Do You Face In Your Locality? by oderemo(m): 9:56am On May 04, 2009
don't be surprised when people come knocking you with their , Lagos megcity plan, thee next 7th mainland bridge, mowe/ofada green plan etc etc.lets them solve todays problems first i say.
Re: Lagosians: What Hardships Do You Face In Your Locality? by lwisee: 10:10am On May 04, 2009
To me Fashola is trying but he still need to try more.Thats not the best we can get from him.
Lagosians ar suffering in silence.

Can u believe some useless filling stations ar selling fuel at the rate of N100 per littre.
The filling stations are Texaco filling station at Meiran,Agbado Ijaye Lagos.B4 getting to Meiran B/stop.
Another filling station doing that is Mobil filling station between Adura and Caaso b/stop Agbado Ijaye.

Its time for us to open the yansh of useless people in this country
Re: Lagosians: What Hardships Do You Face In Your Locality? by redsun(m): 10:23am On May 04, 2009
We should a form committee of discipline and vetted nigerian based members of this forum under the auspices of Seun and co, that will be our practical mouth piece and body for investigating,assessing,confronting and presenting the issues we discuss here to the appropriate authorities.

They will be finance mainly by little contributions of away dwellers like me,In this case,we can really make impacts as some kind of pressure group not just talking.

This things are for real and we have to face it realistically.Let us not be a statistics of another generation of african toothless bull-dogs,backing without bitting.
Re: Lagosians: What Hardships Do You Face In Your Locality? by ElRazur: 10:26am On May 04, 2009
^^ Watch out for an alternative forum soon. smiley Half of posters here probably wont make the grade. smiley
Re: Lagosians: What Hardships Do You Face In Your Locality? by redsun(m): 10:36am On May 04, 2009
We really need to do something,let us learn to trust,organize and sacrifice for the mere sake of human dignity and fairness as a people,

We are not born with silver spoons but we acquire it and preserve it for generations to come.
Re: Lagosians: What Hardships Do You Face In Your Locality? by blacksta(m): 10:52am On May 04, 2009
Firebomb them all - If law enforcement agencies cant help . please let us resort to vigilante justice
Re: Lagosians: What Hardships Do You Face In Your Locality? by lwisee: 10:59am On May 04, 2009
redsun:

We should a form committee of discipline and vetted nigerian based members of this forum under the auspices of Seun and co, that will be our practical mouth piece and body for investigating,assessing,confronting and presenting the issues we discuss here to the appropriate authorities.

They will be finance mainly by little contributions of away dwellers like me,In this case,we can really make impacts as some kind of pressure group not just talking.

This things are for real and we have to face it realistically.Let us not be a statistics of another generation of african toothless bull-dogs,backing without bitting.

I really buy your idea
Re: Lagosians: What Hardships Do You Face In Your Locality? by OneNaija(m): 11:34am On May 04, 2009
Barrack Obama cant do it alone then He seek for help from American.Fashola cant do it alone.Let help him if you want a better Nigeria for Christ sake. Thanks you.
Re: Lagosians: What Hardships Do You Face In Your Locality? by lightofjoy(m): 12:15pm On May 04, 2009
Nice topic, Fasola is actually trying but we all need to come together. Can you imagine in a locality in Lagos(Igando communities) there hasn't been light in that area since December, 2008 making close to six month of total 24 hours darkness. This is inhuman and terrible, Government help your citizens,
Re: Lagosians: What Hardships Do You Face In Your Locality? by showbobo(m): 12:38pm On May 04, 2009
redsun:

Yeah. . . . True talk
Re: Lagosians: What Hardships Do You Face In Your Locality? by Kobojunkie: 12:44pm On May 04, 2009
@Poster, excellent idea. If the people get more involved, it will not only help Fashola do his work better but also ensure that his work lasts even after he is out of office. This is the way it used to be in Lagos and I believe it is high time people bring back that old way now.
Re: Lagosians: What Hardships Do You Face In Your Locality? by adetunrayo(f): 12:50pm On May 04, 2009
A part of Aboru (ORILE ABORU) , Alimosho Local Government has been in darkness since January dis year.All effort 2 bring a new transformer has prove abortive.
Re: Lagosians: What Hardships Do You Face In Your Locality? by lwisee: 1:25pm On May 04, 2009
How can we get government attention with this thread.
I think SEUN should create a category/section
on issues like this just as we have computer section,politics and the likes.
It will really make sence if we can use this forum to draw the attention of the
government to the plight of the masses.It will also make this forum more popular
and it will gain the support of Nigerians in diaspora.
Re: Lagosians: What Hardships Do You Face In Your Locality? by redsun(m): 1:55pm On May 04, 2009
we got to let these people know we are here.This forum has been on for years now,still we haven't started making any practical impact in the society.I know there are people of reputable characters and disciplines on this forum that can effectively make immense contributions,one way or the other.

There is a case of someone that phoned Fashola for a tax receipt on this forum and he got it,talk less of a committee of serious minded people pointing the ills of the society and in most cases should be with press coverage.With a little bit of monthly or quarterly accountable contributions,we can mobilize and kick start our dormant world,people should be made to pay for their irresponsibilities,not just in lagos state but the whole country.

Just think of a student that was killed by soldiers for wearing green,madness,somebody should follow up that case.Soldiers are main to protect their own citizens not kill them,unless in a state of anarchy,
Re: Lagosians: What Hardships Do You Face In Your Locality? by SkyBlue1: 2:00pm On May 04, 2009
redsun:

we got to let these people know we are here.This forum has been on for years now,still we haven't started making any practical impact in the society.I know there are people of reputable characters and disciplines on this forum that can effectively make immense contributions,one way or the other.

There is a case of someone that phoned Fashola for a tax receipt on this forum and he got it,talk less of a committee of serious minded people pointing the ills of the society and in most cases should be with press coverage.With a little bit of monthly or quarterly accountable contributions,we can mobilize and kick start our dormant world,people should be made to pay for their irresponsibilities,not just in lagos state but the whole country.

Just think of a student that was killed by soldiers for wearing green,madness,somebody should follow up that case.Soldiers are main to protect their own citizens not kill them,unless in a state of anarchy,

Not quite true, some groups have been born from certain threads and meetings and some people have been able to group together and make an impact in their own way. If anything I employ everyone to take this approach and back up words and rhetoric with actions.
Re: Lagosians: What Hardships Do You Face In Your Locality? by redsun(m): 2:06pm On May 04, 2009
Yeah,this is our group now,let's do something worthwhile,we need volunteers.
Re: Lagosians: What Hardships Do You Face In Your Locality? by SkyBlue1: 2:14pm On May 04, 2009
redsun:

Yeah,this is our group now,let's do something worthwhile,we need volunteers.

It's a good initiative and it should be emulated by a wider range of people. I am currently working with a group that was born from some threads here (NDM) and my primary ties are with them. The scope of the group I am with goes beyond just one thing and it is basically there to serve as a place for Nigerians or anyone who want to back words with actions to meet, exchange ideas and plan how to bring such things to fruition (hence going beyond talking). Whatever can be done to help Nigeria I am in and I might just suggest this idea be integrated and implemented in the NDM activities not too far in future. If you really want to go ahead with this I encourage you to do so, words are so easily spewed and we have pretty much heard a lot of it before so when people want to back up such words with actions then I am all for it. However as I said, I am kind of tied up a the moment and working on some projects with the group I am working with. If I am able to I won't mind helping when I can. Hope you act on this because it is a good idea.
Re: Lagosians: What Hardships Do You Face In Your Locality? by lwisee: 2:26pm On May 04, 2009
Guys i need ideas how can we get government attention?
I think if we have members of this forum working with a
press such a member can be of great help,lets start from their.
What matter to me most is for SEUN to create a new category/section
for this topic.It shouldnt be issues on Lagos state alone.
This forum has been enjoying much attention from Nigerians
including those in diaspora,its time to relly make +ve impact on the life
of Nigerians.

URGENT PLS
Re: Lagosians: What Hardships Do You Face In Your Locality? by Fhemmmy: 2:26pm On May 04, 2009
Lagos' problem is just a lil model of what Nigeria is going thru.
Re: Lagosians: What Hardships Do You Face In Your Locality? by Redman44(m): 4:50pm On May 04, 2009
@redsun

You have a nice idea. believe in your dreams and visions. Work hard at them, care about them. I'm with a group presently. The movement was started by a thread on this forum. It is called the NDM. Hopefully, you can also start a group with this thread. Nigeria needs different groups with different objectives that will set the country on the path of development. I also want you to sit down and write out the goals of the movement or club you want to create. It will help you in the long run. Cheers.
Re: Lagosians: What Hardships Do You Face In Your Locality? by redsun(m): 5:12pm On May 04, 2009
Thanks Redma44,but honestly i just want us all to put our heads together as members of this forum and come up something that can work in terms of helping to gear up the system and speak for the voiceless.

I am ready to send my money to the appropriate quarter as long it is being put into good use.Someone like Seun,the owner and organizer of this forum can be trusted to spearhead what ever activities we want to carry out,he is a responsible man,can easily reach and assess the members and he understands what accountability is.
Re: Lagosians: What Hardships Do You Face In Your Locality? by Kobojunkie: 5:42pm On May 04, 2009
@Poster, Send petitions outlining your concerns and areas you believe much work needs to be done, to the governor. If possible, get it to the media, pay for a page or two in the papers to have the same petition forwarded to more people across the state. That way the state can be informed of your concerns and you have witnesses across the country.
Re: Lagosians: What Hardships Do You Face In Your Locality? by tpiah: 6:21pm On May 04, 2009
so, @ topic

only a couple of complaints so far. Is the thread going the usual Naija way of getting lost in chatter and doubtful bureaucratic "red tape"?

any non-vitriolic/non-malicious photos by genuinely concerned citizens?

Original post:

I create this thread for Lagosians to express/share the hardship they are passing through in their locality.
Re: Lagosians: What Hardships Do You Face In Your Locality? by manmustwac(m): 6:27pm On May 04, 2009
talk talk talk talk talk talk and no action thats the problem we're facing in lagos. If it was any developed country facing similar problems we would have heard something like the masses marching to government house to demand change.

But all we nigerians know how to do is complain to each other prayer and suffer in silence. Thats why we will never progress
Re: Lagosians: What Hardships Do You Face In Your Locality? by Kobojunkie: 7:04pm On May 04, 2009
@Poster, no need waiting to form a group to get this rolling. Like I said, you can put together a petition, go around from house to house and get signatures of about 1000 people in your community. Make a copy of the petition and send it to some media outlets in your area and then forward the original to state. And you have started something just like that.
Re: Lagosians: What Hardships Do You Face In Your Locality? by ElRazur: 7:08pm On May 04, 2009
Kobojunkie:

@Poster, no need waiting to form a group to get this rolling. Like I said, you can put together a petition, go around from house to house and get signatures of about 1000 people in your community. Make a copy of the petition and send it to some media outlets in your area and then forward the original to state. And you have started something just like that.

Good idea, but does that really work back home? I know that back in the 90s, the thought of petitioning the government actually make things work. But I am not so sure as of now though.
Re: Lagosians: What Hardships Do You Face In Your Locality? by Kobojunkie: 7:14pm On May 04, 2009
ElRazur:

Good idea, but does that really work back home? I know that back in the 90s, the thought of petitioning the government actually make things work. But I am not so sure as of now though.

With Fashola, you never know. This might be just what is needed to not only shake things up in the favor of the people but wake them all up too. I can imagine the man going on TV to announce he got a petition signed by 1000 residents of Agbado Ijaye and he wanted to announce to all that they got his attention and he is working on getting them their solution. That will definitely push other communities to want to get his attention too.

Petitions work, we just need to find out how to get them to work for us.
Re: Lagosians: What Hardships Do You Face In Your Locality? by osasp(m): 11:16pm On May 04, 2009
good good. . .
just my 2 cents. . .no one has really started anything, the fire might die soon because of lack of interest.
i suggest some1 or a group of people act quick.
Re: Lagosians: What Hardships Do You Face In Your Locality? by lwise(m): 7:57am On May 05, 2009
My aim of creating this thread is to give room for people who are facing hardship in thier community to analyse the kind of problem they ar facing and for such an issue to be discussed extensively in other to have a way out.
I believe so much in action,lets start in our own little way and draw the attention of government to the plight of the people.My idea:if we have a pressman on this forum,he should be able to analyse how we can have a column in one of the newspaper with the help of the forum owner,ITS POSSIBLE.

Like the issue of a community with power outage for about six months,all I expect nairalanders to do is to give suggestions on the neccessary steps to be taken and how such a community can bring the issue to the notice of the governor cos I think hes the only fair man in the state right now.
Re: Lagosians: What Hardships Do You Face In Your Locality? by FBS: 9:06am On May 05, 2009
It is not only in Lagos that power outage is a problem. The whole country is suffering from it, Abuja inclusive.
Imagine an area without light for 6 good months yet Nepa bills are coming? bills for what?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Death Penalty For Kidnappers - 36 Govs Advocate / Bomb Rocks Nigerian City As Peace Panel Inaugurated / Degema Local Government Chairman Of Rivers State Complete Sports Stadia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.