Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,282 members, 7,815,477 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

Am I Asking For Too Much? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Am I Asking For Too Much? (2280 Views)

I Am Beginning To Despise My Parents... Am I Overreacting? / Am I Married To Him? / His Wife Is Selfishly Asking For Joint Bank Account. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I Asking For Too Much? by mfaaoo01: 8:44pm On Oct 23, 2015
I am young lady in her twenties and currently dating a guy who is 9 years older than i am. we have been in the relationship for sometime now. Although, normally he is not really my kind of guy but , i love the fact that he is a good person and also very matured. He is not the kind that drinks or womanizes, goes about his job in a quite manner. i never really cared that he was not the outgoing type and funny type but all the same i loved the fact that he is a reserved person. Myself on the other hand, I am the outgoing type, have a lot of friends who are age mates, loves to catch fun etc. I have friends in which their boyfriends takes us all out, buys us things etc, on the other hand, my boyfriend doesn't do any of those things , and anytime i try to tell him, he doesn't seem to get it. Also he doesn't go out of his way to do things for me. i see my friends in their relationships and wish mine was like that, i cant tell him exactly what the issue is, cause i don't want him to misinterpret me.
Now i feel, because he is quite older than me, he doesn't seem to understand what girls my age want.
Am I wrong?
Re: Am I Asking For Too Much? by StPete: 8:49pm On Oct 23, 2015
That's wat u get for dating someone with a different personality. Nuff said, u either accept d way he is or u butt urself right outta d relationship

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Asking For Too Much? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Oct 23, 2015
.. [b][/b]There's no point staying in a relationship you don't enjoy.
Re: Am I Asking For Too Much? by MARKone(m): 8:57pm On Oct 23, 2015
Although, normally he is not really my kind of guy

Better free him and look/wait for your "kind of guy"

6 Likes

Re: Am I Asking For Too Much? by mfaaoo01: 8:58pm On Oct 23, 2015
hmmmm, but I do love him cryhmmmm, but I do love him
Re: Am I Asking For Too Much? by Dani4tech(m): 9:02pm On Oct 23, 2015
HUSBAND buys 5 Pants of The same colour For his wife...

Wife: Ah! Same colour? People will think I dont change my panties.
HUSBAND: Which People? undecided

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Asking For Too Much? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Oct 23, 2015
Maybe he's not so much into you like you imagined.
Re: Am I Asking For Too Much? by lilmax(m): 9:08pm On Oct 23, 2015
When girls are done having fun,touring their pussies with all guys in streets, they turn pretenders looking for that man to deceive

That man you have as a boyfriend is the perfect husband, now go break up with him and look for your kind

7 Likes

Re: Am I Asking For Too Much? by Miami11: 9:14pm On Oct 23, 2015
My husband now back then never spent much on me, may be on lunches and stuff
I was almost leaving him.
As soon as we married he spends almost all penny on me. Be patient with him

4 Likes

Re: Am I Asking For Too Much? by mfaaoo01: 9:24pm On Oct 23, 2015
[quote author=Miami11 post=39293013]My husband now back then never spent much on me, may be on lunches and stuff
As soon as we married he spends almost all penny on me. Be patient with him[/quote
what if he doesn't change and I end up with an unsupportive man
Re: Am I Asking For Too Much? by correctyourself(m): 9:28pm On Oct 23, 2015
mfaaoo01:
hmmmm, but I do love him cryhmmmm, but I do love him

I hope you must have read through my contribution/advice? Hence I have to edit it.
Re: Am I Asking For Too Much? by Miami11: 9:33pm On Oct 23, 2015
[quote author=mfaaoo01 post=39293283][/quote]
Talk to him about it, about the importance of you knowing he has the ability to support a family in future.
Re: Am I Asking For Too Much? by Ab025(m): 9:41pm On Oct 23, 2015
Am sure there are clubs in where you reside, go there and propose marriage to any guy you see there since they are your ''kind of guys''

u think life and marital life is about going out clubbing and guys buying things for you? by the way, what stops you from taking yourself out and buying those things for yourself??

obviously you said it all, your guy is an introvert and has past the stage of routine clubbing, you either deal with it or let the gentle guy be joor.....

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Asking For Too Much? by 2dice(m): 10:35pm On Oct 23, 2015
Miami11:
My husband now back then never spent much on me, may be on lunches and stuff
As soon as we married he spends almost all penny on me. Be patient with him
hmmn
Re: Am I Asking For Too Much? by lovaleenny(f): 12:51am On Oct 24, 2015
mfaaoo01:
I am young lady in her twenties and currently dating a guy who is 9 years older than i am. we have been in the relationship for sometime now. Although, normally he is not really my kind of guy but , i love the fact that he is a good person and also very matured. He is not the kind that drinks or womanizes, goes about his job in a quite manner. i never really cared that he was not the outgoing type and funny type but all the same i loved the fact that he is a reserved person. Myself on the other hand, I am the outgoing type, have a lot of friends who are age mates, loves to catch fun etc. I have friends in which their boyfriends takes us all out, buys us things etc, on the other hand, my boyfriend doesn't do any of those things , and anytime i try to tell him, he doesn't seem to get it. Also he doesn't go out of his way to do things for me. i see my friends in their relationships and wish mine was like that, i cant tell him exactly what the issue is, cause i don't want him to misinterpret me.
Now i feel, because he is quite older than me, he doesn't seem to understand what girls my age want.
Am I wrong?

My advice leave d poor chap alone and go get ur "own" kinda guy...u think deep loving relationships/marriage is abt ur bf tripping ur frnds out...so he can run into debts just coz u want him to make a good impression on ur frnds...seems as if u live ur life on d approval of ur girlfrnds...u have a very shallow thinking towards relationship and d earlier u get a reality check d better for you...ooh while yua getting ur kinda guy i leave you with these already known quotes;
1) All dt glitters ain't gold.
2) to ba fi ago alago rin o ni de bi ti oun lo (if u use anoda person's watch to walk u won't get to ur destination)

All the best undecided

2 Likes

Re: Am I Asking For Too Much? by LordReed(m): 1:14am On Oct 24, 2015
mfaaoo01:
Am I wrong?

What do you mean he doesn't go out of his way? Does he give you gifts no matter how little?
Re: Am I Asking For Too Much? by mfaaoo01: 6:32am On Oct 24, 2015
LordReed:

What do you mean he doesn't go out of his way? Does he give you gifts no matter how little?
. No he doesn't, except credit
Re: Am I Asking For Too Much? by Richy4(m): 6:45am On Oct 24, 2015
I just thank God that you are only dating this nice young man and no string attached. Please live him or you will cause his obituary to be announced before he turns 40.

You are comparing him with your friends. Do you know what goes on in the background with those relationship you thought was perfect that your friends have? do you know how some of them secretly envy what you got?

I am still pleading and begging you to live him tomorrow so that those real ladies that are genuinely looking for a life partner and spent sleepless night in church can snap him up. if you do that, you will be sowing a seed of a life partner into those ladies' life.

I guess you are not ready for something serious for now just shift alittle so that those that are serious might see him and what he is worth.

5 Likes

Re: Am I Asking For Too Much? by Friday18: 7:05am On Oct 24, 2015
Please just leave that guy alone and go look for the kind of boyfriend you want. But don't come back here and cry me a river about a husband that's lazy, and not caring during pregnancy.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Asking For Too Much? by Pidggin(f): 7:37am On Oct 24, 2015
mfaaoo01:
Am I wrong?

By my calculation, he should be in his thirties. I don't think it's about age here, he may just be a frugal person.
Re: Am I Asking For Too Much? by Zehner(f): 7:47am On Oct 24, 2015
"Buying things for yourself and taking you guys out"....
. So that's an issue undecided. So you think a man that is 9 years older than you will do all this things. Of course, he won't because they are wasteful and immature. *smh . You better think fast and sit up before years down the line you begin to say "had I known".

It's another issue if he isn't attentive and caring enough to you and not to some yeye friends. angry

3 Likes

Re: Am I Asking For Too Much? by Nobody: 8:00am On Oct 24, 2015
@ mfaaoo01

What do you like / love about him?
Re: Am I Asking For Too Much? by mfaaoo01: 8:36am On Oct 24, 2015
Mindfulness:
@ mfaaoo01
What do you like / love about him?
he is a caring person. and also calm
Re: Am I Asking For Too Much? by Nobody: 8:40am On Oct 24, 2015
mfaaoo01:

he is a caring person. and also calm

Do you know what I think?

I think that your reason tells you that he is a good person but your heart does not feel very warm about him. Am I right or wrong?
Re: Am I Asking For Too Much? by mfaaoo01: 8:44am On Oct 24, 2015
Mindfulness:

Do you know what I think?

I think that your reason tells you that he is a good person but your heart does not feel very warm about him. Am I right or wrong?
in some ways you are right
Re: Am I Asking For Too Much? by Nobody: 8:48am On Oct 24, 2015
mfaaoo01:

in some ways you are right

I thought as much. You know what I think? You are with him because there is no better option in sight at the moment but I believe that you miss on better options when you stay in a relationship with someone who does not make your heart skip a beat. Free yourself and free him. You two deserve better, much better.
Re: Am I Asking For Too Much? by Nobody: 8:55am On Oct 24, 2015
Youre with an introvert, its either u accept him the way he is or let him go. That your frnds go clubbing and the fact that their guys buy things for them doesnt mean they are happy in their relationship. You have a man that would not cheat on you, his type is rare, why dnt you take both of you out?

2 Likes

Re: Am I Asking For Too Much? by JudgementHammer: 8:58am On Oct 24, 2015
Its not an age issue. Its personality difference. Some guys his age like fun more than girls.

But try explain to him in a cool-headed manner for while b4 u threaten to leave the relationship peacefully. Or u may endure till u're able to change him. I've seen tough ppl changed b4.

That's personality differences for you. In some other relationships, the reverse is d case

2 Likes

Re: Am I Asking For Too Much? by Nobody: 9:00am On Oct 24, 2015
JudgementHammer:
Its not an age issue. Its personality difference. Some guys his age like fun more than girls.

But try explain to him in a cool-headed manner for while b4 u threaten to leave the relationship peacefully

That's personality differences for you. In some other relationships, the reverse is d case

Your profile pic though grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Am I Asking For Too Much? by mfaaoo01: 9:17am On Oct 24, 2015
Mindfulness:

I thought as much. You know what I think? You are with him because there is no better option in sight at the moment but I believe that you miss on better options when you stay in a relationship with someone who does not make your heart skip a beat. Free yourself and free him. You two deserve better, much better.
how many people do actually experience that kind of love?
Re: Am I Asking For Too Much? by Nobody: 9:19am On Oct 24, 2015
mfaaoo01:

how many people do actually experience that kind of love?

Whether millions or only three, it doesn't matter because none of these numbers should make you desire less and go for less than you desire.
Re: Am I Asking For Too Much? by 90love(f): 9:32am On Oct 24, 2015
Trust me u are out of his league for now. His level of maturity is that of a man that's seen it all while your stuck where u are looking for fun and long nights out with friends. If its marriage your looking towards learn from me he's the perfect guy u won't go to bed crying at night. If it's party you want to do know that it doesn't last forever I don't see what people enjoy in clubbing it's something that should sease after uni!!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

She Faked Her Pregnancy For 4 Years / Please Help, My Dad's Health Is Getting Worse Because Of My Brother / Is It Okay For Me To Cheat?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.