Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,856 members, 7,817,538 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:58 PM

Facebook Is Banned In China So The Youths Can Be Productive. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Facebook Is Banned In China So The Youths Can Be Productive. (2851 Views)

What Nigerian Youths Can Learn From Dino Melaye / Nigerian Youths, Can We Form A Party And Take Back Our Country? / How Many Umemployed Youths Can The N2.1 Billion Media & Publicity Money Pay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Facebook Is Banned In China So The Youths Can Be Productive. by christinie(f): 11:44pm On Oct 23, 2015
My stay in China is a big eye opener for me.
I discovered that there is no facebook in China because their Government wants their youths to be productive.

In China you see 21 year old youths who are top business executives or big manufactures, whereas Naija boys and girls of same age are busy browsing their lives out and asking their parents for money to buy clothes/shoes/laptops/phones produced by their age mates in China.

Am not saying we shouldn't be on social networks. Am only saying don't make that the centre of your life.
Instead of being on facebook/twitter/instagram 24/7 in the name of waiting for a big job, why don't you use whatever resources you have to start a business (no matter how small).

It's high time we Africans grew up. We can't be babies everyday.

My second discovery is that most of the goods sold in China are of good/high quality but some of our Naija business men/women ask the factory owners to reduce the goods quality for them for easier/quicker sale before shipping them to Nigeria.

I was also able to discover that Chinese schools are very good and quite affordable.
Good enough they have introduced English Language in most of their schools so their young ones can learn.

China is a very organised society where everything infrastructure works and the people are very willing to develop/apply themselves. Nobody depends on rich parents/uncles/aunts/politicians. Everybody wants to make a name for him/herself.

It's high time we applied ourselves in order to be productive in our lives.

God bless Nigeria.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Facebook Is Banned In China So The Youths Can Be Productive. by stanvesco(m): 11:57pm On Oct 23, 2015
.dats nt d main reason bro, dey dnt want to boost facebook popularity with dir 1billion populace

4 Likes

Re: Facebook Is Banned In China So The Youths Can Be Productive. by Nobody: 12:10am On Oct 24, 2015
U write like a drunkard that doesn't know the reality on ground in nigeria; what the hell do u mean? China that are large producers, have industries and a manufacturing hub; enough job opportunity for their people; can u say thesame for nigeria?
U think social media is the problem of Nigerian youths? Create an enabling environment and see them blossom; where do u want them to strt something from with the "little" they have? Where did u see the little? Where will the little come from?

Please don't just provoke me and throw me into tantrums; because if I lay a curse on you it will surely fellow u!!! Nonsense...

**senseless post everywhere** it seem ur China stay has brainwashed u.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Facebook Is Banned In China So The Youths Can Be Productive. by orlando5: 12:10am On Oct 24, 2015
USA would soon find a way to bring China down, mark my word! those pple can't stand watching another country rise to world power, thank God chinese are more concerned with self sustenance rather than world domination

2 Likes

Re: Facebook Is Banned In China So The Youths Can Be Productive. by seunny4lif(m): 12:20am On Oct 24, 2015
angry angry ;DD grin
Re: Facebook Is Banned In China So The Youths Can Be Productive. by jamex93(m): 12:20am On Oct 24, 2015
Raymondenyi:
U write like a drunkard that doesn't know the reality on ground in nigeria; what the hell do u mean? China that are large producers, have industries and a manufacturing hub; enough job opportunity for their people; can u say thesame for nigeria?
U think social media is the problem of Nigerian youths? Create an enabling environment and see them blossom; where do u want them to strt something from with the "little" they have? Where did u see the little? Where will the little come from?

Please don't just provoke me and throw me into tantrums; because if I lay a curse on you it will surely fellow u!!! Nonsense...

Bros farabale na no too vex

Na beg I dey help op beg so

Lolx

1 Like

Re: Facebook Is Banned In China So The Youths Can Be Productive. by christinie(f): 3:31am On Oct 24, 2015
That might be part of the reason but I also think they don't wanna be distracted. They are only on whatsapp and we chat to ease their business transactions with the world.
stanvesco:
.dats nt d main reason bro,
dey dnt want to boost facebook popularity with dir 1billion populace
Re: Facebook Is Banned In China So The Youths Can Be Productive. by christinie(f): 3:37am On Oct 24, 2015
I won't banter words with you. I can only try to enlighten you. If you like you learn, if not no problem.
Most Chinese first do some menial jobs that the likes of you can't touch with 10 inches pole to raise capitals eg some of them sweep, some work in the restaurants, some are sales boys/girls, some are commercial cyclist (yes okada!), some are commercial bicycle riders, some are keke riders, some sell things on the road side, some roast goat/pork/chicken/lamb/beef etc. When they do these works they are very focused because they have a target. Once they raise capital they start trading. When they trade for some years they go into manufacturing.
Raymondenyi:

5 Likes

Re: Facebook Is Banned In China So The Youths Can Be Productive. by christinie(f): 3:44am On Oct 24, 2015
You are correct but I tell you what: USA got nothing on China. Most top business men/women in USA come to China to produce their goods. China produces most USA goods on the condition that they must meet USA specifications and China has been delivering.
China also produces for other Western countries.
orlando5:
USA would soon find a way to bring China down, mark my word! those pple can't stand watching another country rise to world power, thank God chinese are more concerned with self sustenance rather than world domination

3 Likes

Re: Facebook Is Banned In China So The Youths Can Be Productive. by christinie(f): 3:45am On Oct 24, 2015
Why are you begging the slowpoke?
jamex93:

Bros farabale na no too vex

Na beg I dey help op beg so

Lolx
Re: Facebook Is Banned In China So The Youths Can Be Productive. by Dotng: 5:13am On Oct 24, 2015
China banned Facebook so as to control the kind of information available to its citizens not necessarily because of productivity. Google is also under censorship. There are some search items that cannot be found on Google. Same applies to most news sites like CNN, BBC etc. That is their own way of preventing things like the Arab Springs from happening due to Western propaganda. Also, it helped them to evolve without external influence on their life and culture. They have a firm control on the Internet. Information is power. The Western world uses information to influence the disposition of citizens to them and their own nation. While China's brand of communism shapes the information available to citizens to match the direction they want them to go.

3 Likes

Re: Facebook Is Banned In China So The Youths Can Be Productive. by Dotng: 5:26am On Oct 24, 2015
christinie:
You are correct but I tell you what thing: USA got nothing on China. Most top business men/women in USA come to China to produce their goods. China produces most USA goods on the condition that they must meet USA specification and China has been delivering.
China also produces for other Western countries.
Actually, USA has the capacity and more to produce the same goods. What they have done is to outsource the dirty job to China. Labour is cheap in China and there has been lots of complaints about the working conditions in companies like Foxconn which produces devices like the iPhone. You hear of cases of workers committing suicide at work due to their working conditions.
What USA has that China still doesn't have is innovation. Most innovations are traced to USA or are controlled by the USA. What China has been doing can mostly be described as catch up. This is not to say that China doesn’t have its own inventions. It is just that the gap between the US and China is still wide for now.

3 Likes

Re: Facebook Is Banned In China So The Youths Can Be Productive. by Warlord3000(m): 5:31am On Oct 24, 2015
Chinese are quite industrious set of people
Re: Facebook Is Banned In China So The Youths Can Be Productive. by kosovo(m): 5:47am On Oct 24, 2015
Even Google is banned too, is that to boost productivity also?

The Chinese prefer using their own technology, and don't trust the west.

For me that's better, instead of selling data to these corporate organisation who later hand them over to the C.I.A

With over a billion people, China can still feed itself without crying to the U.S like our irresponsible government continues to do. #Shame

5 Likes

Re: Facebook Is Banned In China So The Youths Can Be Productive. by mazeltov(m): 5:55am On Oct 24, 2015
Dotng:

Actually, USA has the capacity and more to produce the same goods. What they have done is to outsource the dirty job to China. Labour is cheap in China and there has been lots of complaints about the working conditions in companies like Foxconn which produces devices like the iPhone. You hear of cases of workers committing suicide at work due to their working conditions.
What USA has that China still doesn't have is innovation. Most innovations are traced to USA or are controlled by the USA. What China has been doing can mostly be described as catch up. This is not to say that China doesn’t have its own inventions. It is just that the gap between the US and China is still wide for now.
china is being referred to as world of Piracy
Re: Facebook Is Banned In China So The Youths Can Be Productive. by mazeltov(m): 6:11am On Oct 24, 2015
Well, I didn't finish reading the write up but Op, it's high time we stopped comparing ourselves with advanced country. Facebook/twitter/2go/instagram and even nairaland are not the problems of Nigerian youths, we only lack creativity and the worst is, you can only be creative when the enviroment is enabling and secured. There is a wrong statement we use to make in this country ''don't think of what the government will do for you, think of what you will do for government'' . Please this very statement is lame, senseless, ineffective and cannot work in a third world country like Nigeria. How can you rightly think of what you will do for your country when government of that country doesn't provide basic ammenities, good infrastructure and a well protected enviroment for the citizens. We always hear the names of Nigerians doing great innovation and iventions in another country, why? The government of that country has created enabling enviroment for brains to work. Unlike Nigeria where you hardly eat 3 sq meal per day so tell me how you want to think

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Facebook Is Banned In China So The Youths Can Be Productive. by oluseyiforjesus(m): 6:22am On Oct 24, 2015
Ok
Re: Facebook Is Banned In China So The Youths Can Be Productive. by Kingsley1000(m): 6:22am On Oct 24, 2015
CHINA IS A FIRST WORLD COUNTRY WITH LIKES OF USA,UK,JAPAN,GERMANY ETC

STOP COMPARING NIGERIA(JUNGLE)WITH THEM
Re: Facebook Is Banned In China So The Youths Can Be Productive. by Kingsley1000(m): 6:33am On Oct 24, 2015
OP very soon u will compare

beljing vs abuja

hong kong vs lagos

shanghai vs kano

guangzhou vs ph

nonsense!
Re: Facebook Is Banned In China So The Youths Can Be Productive. by engrshakespeare: 6:35am On Oct 24, 2015
Guy if u really stayed in China and are saying this then you mixed with the wrong crowd. Be rest assured you are writing from a position of crass ignorance.

The only reason Facebook is barred in China is not for the puerile reasons you stated but simply because its a Western media. They are paranoid about the West so they are controlling information. Its not only facebook, google and other western sites are blocked.

But they all have Chinese equivalents with heavy youth following so what are you talking about. Facebook has chinese version, same with google. They have baidu, weibo, wechat, qq and many others. The population of chinese youths on d net(netizens) surpass the population of Nigeria and they have one of the most organized internet police in the world.

I don't know where u stayed in China but u definitely need to change location.

7 Likes

Re: Facebook Is Banned In China So The Youths Can Be Productive. by ZUBY77(m): 6:42am On Oct 24, 2015
Christinie..
That's not the reason for banning Facebook in China.

BTW half of the youth use Facebook through Vpn.
I am in China at the moment and I use all the social networks out there.

China also banned Google. The entire Google. Can you attribute that to being productive too?

There is a plan underway to start their own operating system, that will effectively hit Android and it's like.

Besides there are also some Chinese social networks which they are trying to promote by banning Facebook.
They use QQ. Badoo. Skout. Tango etc.

It's a political thing.

1 Like

Re: Facebook Is Banned In China So The Youths Can Be Productive. by christinie(f): 7:08am On Oct 24, 2015
Can you explain to me how you are able to get facebook because we can't access it? Where in China are you? Am at Zhengyi Leather, same building with Bank of China, opposite Thong Thong, via leather market at Sanyanli
ZUBY77:
Christinie..
That's not the reason for banning Facebook in China.

BTW half of the youth use Facebook through Vpn.
I am in China at the moment and I use all the social networks out there.

China also banned Google. The entire Google. Can you attribute that to being productive too?

There is a plan underway to start their own operating system, that will effectively hit Android and it's like.

Besides there are also some Chinese social networks which they are trying to promote by banning Facebook.
They use QQ. Badoo. Skout. Tango etc.

It's a political thing.

Re: Facebook Is Banned In China So The Youths Can Be Productive. by ZUBY77(m): 8:03am On Oct 24, 2015
christinie:
Can you explain to me how you are able to get facebook because we can't access it? Where in China are you? Am at Zhengyi Leather, same building with Bank of China, opposite Thong Thong, via leather market at Sanyanli

I am loading a container in Huangpu outside Guangzhou at the moment. I will be in the McDonald in Thong Thong later this evening. If you have whatsapp, you can send a message through the Nigerian phone number in my signature here. Remember to add 00234 while saving the number. I will send you my Chinese number when I receive you message.
Or if you are on Wechat, you can search and add Globalruns.
Re: Facebook Is Banned In China So The Youths Can Be Productive. by izzyu(m): 8:05am On Oct 24, 2015
Raymondenyi:

that's why you yoruba man will remain poor in the zoo. Change!! change!!, where is it? fool.

1 Like

Re: Facebook Is Banned In China So The Youths Can Be Productive. by ZUBY77(m): 10:10am On Oct 24, 2015
christinie:
That might be part of the reason but I also think they don't wanna be distracted. They are only on whatsapp and we chat to ease their business transactions with the world.

I will be in Thong Thong in an hour from now.
Guangyuanxi Lu
Re: Facebook Is Banned In China So The Youths Can Be Productive. by christinie(f): 11:01am On Oct 24, 2015
Do you know mama Africa mix fruit, opposite co co place?
ZUBY77:

I am loading a container in Huangpu outside Guangzhou at the moment. I will be in the McDonald in Thong Thong later this evening. If you have whatsapp, you can send a message through the Nigerian phone number in my signature here. Remember to add 00234 while saving the number. I will send you my Chinese number when I receive you message.
Or if you are on Wechat, you can search and add Globalruns.
Re: Facebook Is Banned In China So The Youths Can Be Productive. by ZUBY77(m): 11:31am On Oct 24, 2015
christinie:
Do you know mama Africa mix fruit, opposite co co place?

Yeah. I know Coco food.
But I am in McDonald now.
I am tired and can't come there.
Re: Facebook Is Banned In China So The Youths Can Be Productive. by christinie(f): 11:45am On Oct 24, 2015
Am not asking you to come unless you are not afraid of gun shots.
ZUBY77:

Yeah. I know Coco food.
But I am in McDonald now.
I am tired and can't come there.
Re: Facebook Is Banned In China So The Youths Can Be Productive. by jamex93(m): 11:58am On Oct 24, 2015
christinie:
Why are you begging the slowpoke?

lolx

1 Like

Re: Facebook Is Banned In China So The Youths Can Be Productive. by ZUBY77(m): 11:58am On Oct 24, 2015
christinie:
Am not asking you to come unless you are not afraid of gun shots.

LOL.
Since when did the place become Iraq?
I was in 2 minutes hotel for days

1 Like

Re: Facebook Is Banned In China So The Youths Can Be Productive. by stanvesco(m): 3:16pm On Oct 24, 2015
christinie:
My stay in China is a big eye opener to me.
I discovered that there is no facebook in China because their Government wants their youths to be productive.

In China you see 21 year old youths who are top business executives or big manufactures, whereas Naija boys and girls of same age are busy browsing their lives out and asking their parents for money to buy clothes/shoes/laptops/phones produced by their age mates in China.

Am not saying we shouldn't be on social networks. Am only saying don't make that the centre of your life.
Instead of being on facebook/twitter/instagram 24/7 in the name of waiting for a big job, why don't you use whatever resources you have to start a business (no matter how small).

It's high time we Africans grew up. We can't be babies everyday.

My second discovery is that most of the goods sold in China are of good/high quality but some of our Naija business men/women ask the factory owners to reduce the goods quality for them for easier/quicker sale before shipping them to Nigeria.

I was also able to discover that Chinese schools are very good and quite affordable.
Good enough they have introduced English Language in most of their schools so their young ones can learn.

China is a very organised society where everything infrastructure works and the people are very willing to develop/apply themselves. Nobody depends on rich parents/uncles/aunts/politicians. Everybody wants to make a name for him/herself.

It's high time we applied ourselves in order to be productive in our lives.

God bless Nigeria.

plz are u stil in china? I nid d price of sum textile materials plz
Re: Facebook Is Banned In China So The Youths Can Be Productive. by stanvesco(m): 3:32pm On Oct 24, 2015
mazeltov:
Well, I didn't finish reading the write up but Op, it's high time we stopped comparing ourselves with advanced country. Facebook/twitter/2go/instagram and even nairaland are not the problems of Nigerian youths, we only lack creativity and the worst is, you can only be creative when the enviroment is enabling and secured. There is a wrong statement we use to make in this country ''don't think of what the government will do for you, think of what you will do for government'' . Please this very statement is lame, senseless, ineffective and cannot work in a third world country like Nigeria. How can you rightly think of what you will do for your country when government of that country doesn't provide basic ammenities, good infrastructure and a well protected enviroment for the citizens. We always hear the names of Nigerians doing great innovation and iventions in another country, why? The government of that country has created enabling enviroment for brains to work. Unlike Nigeria where you hardly eat 3 sq meal per day so tell me how you want to think

wej döne and clap 4 urslf, sit down n let d govt fid u .
Olodo like u. Lol
ok.
Diaris no nid to fyt me!
Did u eva apply 4 uwin?
Did u aply 4 tony elumelu fund?
Do u know utibe etim blog,
did u aply 4 samsung palm selfie comptn

did u aply 4 diamond bank bet5 awad

did u send an entry 4 st remymilionaire cmptn

do u know alibaba,aliexpres,ebay,jumia,konga,
bro abeg dsop dat govt mentality 4 now,
hustle to bekum bg,and aswear na u go run from govt möny

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dasuki Lists Ex-governors, PDP Chiefs In $2b Deals - The Nation / The Alarming Rate Nigerians Are Migrating To Other Countries / Ndi Anambra, Come In Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.