Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,654 members, 7,862,008 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 05:49 AM

Its Either You Are On First Class Or 2:1.... - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Its Either You Are On First Class Or 2:1.... (46786 Views)

4 Steps To Getting An Amazing Job As A Graduate With 3rd Class Or Pass Grade / Man Who Graduated With First Class From UK University Cries Out For Job. Photos / Are You A Graduate With Second Class Or Hnd Ceriificate...here Is My Mail.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Go Down)

Re: Its Either You Are On First Class Or 2:1.... by GloryGloryRufus(m): 9:05am On Oct 25, 2015
angieberry:
Op don't generalize
If you've got connections, even a third class will land you a job
I've heard of a first class students still walking the streets of Lagos searching for jobs
. God bless you, I made 2.2 and got a white colars job without any stress and any human coneection, Op post should know that is not by grade but by God. If you are genuinely connected to God, the secretary and every other persons in that company will been seeing your 2.2 as 2.1. I know he will not believe me still. Men of little faith.

3 Likes

Re: Its Either You Are On First Class Or 2:1.... by opedaydydx9(m): 9:11am On Oct 25, 2015
Tbliss12:

Lolz u need to see what brilliant graduate are doing on the streets of major cities in this country... Imagine selling stuffs on an expressway try to have something to take home to their dependant parent.

As per Masters believe me all graduates are rushing for it as if its a sure thing to get employed immediately after 1st degree... But believe me its going to give u a edge sha!!
lol me sef Don go buy form oh,
Re: Its Either You Are On First Class Or 2:1.... by Bank450(m): 9:12am On Oct 25, 2015
telim:
The problem of unemployment in these country is because the youths as refuse to try other alternative means. of generating income eg internet marketing which as the potential to generate huge roi if done effectively but instead we are brainwashed by our parents/lectures/society that we have to graduate with a good grade, waste a year on a fruitless nysc and start hunting for a highly competitive job due to the saturated labour market. Op i recommend you start learning internet marketing tricks, eg ppd, cpa and ppi from cpaelites.com, make sure you pay the little fee to upgrade to a Premium member these will allow you to access their premium threads and ebooks were the real cpa,ppd and ppi strategies are hidden from the public view and within a week you will start earning $$ depending on how fast you learn.

Wow, well said you one of few Nigerians who really know what internet marketing is. Most of them only know how to sell eBook(information marketing), but when it comes to real IM like niche sites bing ads fb ads teespring cpa ppd ppi seo they suck.

So what do you do? Lets talk.
Re: Its Either You Are On First Class Or 2:1.... by frenchboy(m): 9:16am On Oct 25, 2015
Learn a skill,like languages....contact me on how to read and write french,they must call u,i try it and it woks......i hav those who has no cert yet they earn #100,000 plus,they wok in 5stars hotel
Re: Its Either You Are On First Class Or 2:1.... by kunbit(f): 9:17am On Oct 25, 2015
0coded80:
pls which 3state and private universities is that?
Lautech, lasu, oou, covenant, bowen, babcock
Re: Its Either You Are On First Class Or 2:1.... by 0coded80: 9:28am On Oct 25, 2015
kunbit:
ok, thanks
Re: Its Either You Are On First Class Or 2:1.... by suleimandantoro(m): 9:34am On Oct 25, 2015
My friend d only solution is 4 u to hustle connection first b4 u hustle 4 d job
Re: Its Either You Are On First Class Or 2:1.... by maryhaam(f): 9:34am On Oct 25, 2015
FriedPlantain:
Hian!...... but I'm always serious on this forum na. sad sad
you,friedplantain will be on the lookout,looool.
Re: Its Either You Are On First Class Or 2:1.... by Helkayklassic(m): 9:35am On Oct 25, 2015
Dahveydson:

I got 3.49 CGPA. Totally can relate to this. We can only hope and keep at it.

Chai, your 2.2 is damn strong bro..Goodluck in all your endeavour bro.
Re: Its Either You Are On First Class Or 2:1.... by bharkarh(m): 9:42am On Oct 25, 2015
fabiomatic:
op, I agree with you. 2'2 will struggle for job and even when they get, it might be peanut renumeration.
remuneration
Re: Its Either You Are On First Class Or 2:1.... by Jarus(m): 9:57am On Oct 25, 2015
FriedPlantain:
I'm more worried about the word in bold. undecided

You need not worry:
https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/bolded.

1 Like

Re: Its Either You Are On First Class Or 2:1.... by Nobody: 9:57am On Oct 25, 2015
What's wrong with you folks and ur thinking? This 1st and 2:1 shiit is only a reflection of the idiocy and hopelessness of this contraption called nigeria. Next time u wanna talk this, remember that the crap country can't create job
Re: Its Either You Are On First Class Or 2:1.... by tolutweety(m): 10:00am On Oct 25, 2015
FriedPlantain:
..., gainfully employed and earning a relatively good pay.

Friedplantain

... this part caught my interest.

Make i send my akant number ? smiley

cool cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Its Either You Are On First Class Or 2:1.... by ednut1(m): 10:01am On Oct 25, 2015
kunbit:

true. I knw a bank also that accept only fed uni plus convenant nd Babcock nd some foreign degrees. Bt they wont state it in the their advert tho
Re: Its Either You Are On First Class Or 2:1.... by murtalaa(m): 10:04am On Oct 25, 2015
Tbliss12:
Its so pathetic and demoralizing that we leave in a country where certificate is the most sort after by our indigenous firms and even foreign firms. I sat down after going through NYSC and My parents are already looking at me in 3D as regards what's next.

I submitted my spiral bind C.V but the Secretary of that firm quickly glanced through my details but was disappointed to see 2:2 (3.32 CGPA) which stated in it and told me straight-up that I shouldn't be expecting a call!! I was pissed off, do u mean 3.32 CGPA is a poor result? I just went out and up till now after 3month no call from them.

The question is where are we going in this country? Two(2) factors all companies display while placing recruitment adverts; Your Age (24yrs nd below) and supposed good grade (1st class or 2:1). Now tell me are graduates with 2:2 really that lazy while in school? The Answer is simply 'NO' so many factors are really involved, I've seen a brilliant guy in school who felt sick on the day of his set last papers which sucked his GP heavily.

If you've got your 1st class or 2:1 and you are gainfully employed in a cool company with good pay lucky you and I wish you all the best, for those still looking out for a good job the lord shall answer "OUR" prayers but doing something with your saved Allawee is not a bad idea anyway!!

Happy Weekend!!

Tbliss12

@ I would rather place my bet on the guy that did not fall sick and got 2:1 than to assume the 2:2 guy fell sick.

1 Like

Re: Its Either You Are On First Class Or 2:1.... by 247notire(m): 10:27am On Oct 25, 2015
Tbliss12:
Its so pathetic and demoralizing that we leave in a country where certificate is the most sort after by our indigenous firms and even foreign firms. I sat down after going through NYSC and My parents are already looking at me in 3D as regards what's next.

I submitted my spiral bind C.V but the Secretary of that firm quickly glanced through my details but was disappointed to see 2:2 (3.32 CGPA) which stated in it and told me straight-up that I shouldn't be expecting a call!! I was pissed off, do u mean 3.32 CGPA is a poor result? I just went out and up till now after 3month no call from them.

The question is where are we going in this country? Two(2) factors all companies display while placing recruitment adverts; Your Age (24yrs nd below) and supposed good grade (1st class or 2:1). Now tell me are graduates with 2:2 really that lazy while in school? The Answer is simply 'NO' so many factors are really involved, I've seen a brilliant guy in school who felt sick on the day of his set last papers which sucked his GP heavily.

If you've got your 1st class or 2:1 and you are gainfully employed in a cool company with good pay lucky you and I wish you all the best, for those still looking out for a good job the lord shall answer "OUR" prayers but doing something with your saved Allawee is not a bad idea anyway!!

Happy Weekend!!

Tbliss12

You are correct though it's mostly for fresh graduate positions... And dnt say all companies cos that is very false, u cud have just said many companies you have come across... Also I think u need to improve on ur lexis and grammar...
Re: Its Either You Are On First Class Or 2:1.... by angiography(m): 10:33am On Oct 25, 2015
drey076:
The department I finished from in Obafemi Awolowo University, we are about 250. No first class, 20 had 2:1, the rest are other grades. So what is the hope of other grade?
English department??
Re: Its Either You Are On First Class Or 2:1.... by monex(m): 10:33am On Oct 25, 2015
Jagabanthelion:
Enough of this 2.2 rubbish. If uve got a 2.2 and u are not confident enough of yourself,then go into your room,lock yourself up and cry at least 5hours per day till u regain your confidence. A firm denied u an opportunity because of your grade,dat now means everybody with d same grade shd join u and cry? Do u know how many 2.2s I know are gainfully employed and doing well,driving jeeps,without using connections to get the job? I also know many 2.1s tired of staying at home jobless. I know some big companies who only ask for your certificate after handing u their offer letter. They just document it. Notore Petrochemicals is an example. I will advise u to takeout the 2.2grade from your CV,so that u can bypass those coys who disqualify people at d sight of 2.2. Just put "Second class honours" its enough. If u are called for test,go there n prove your mettle. Apart frm Shell,Chevron,(d very top players),bakerhughes,halliburton etc and some Dragnet organised tests that insist on 2.1,most coys accept 2.2,provided u do well in their tests n interviews. Start small,get d experience n apply for any experienced position with your 2.2,n get to see yourself at d top. Its just time that distinguishes grades. Experienced jobs don't ask for 2.1 or 2.2,research it yourself. Get over d stigma u have placed on yourself and get busy. Apply for all jobs,in your field and let the company decide if u are eligible or not. Dnt disqualify yourself by yourself.Its not your duty,but that of the company. Peace.

even those IOCs will tae 2.2 as an experienced hire

1 Like

Re: Its Either You Are On First Class Or 2:1.... by atasteve: 10:41am On Oct 25, 2015
Please don't be discouraged. I know several guys that came out with 3rd class degrees and are now CTO, CFO and CEO of multinationals.
Don't let anyone lie to you but instead join job websites and keep sending out your CV. I sent out over 60 and got called by 3 companies. Have you thought of volunteering at any company that interests you. Approach the company that you feel you can work with and ask to work for her for maybe 3 months without salary. If they are impressed, they might retain you, if not you keep on trying. If it has happened for others, why will your case be different?

1 Like

Re: Its Either You Are On First Class Or 2:1.... by idupaul: 10:42am On Oct 25, 2015
Tbliss12:

Happy Weekend!!

Tbliss12

It is for those that believe in paper certs sha ... Look to God and u will never have to rely on a grade again in Life
Re: Its Either You Are On First Class Or 2:1.... by Mcowubaba: 10:44am On Oct 25, 2015
FriedPlantain:
[b]I hate when 2.2 and third class graduates come online and b1tch-cry every damn time, reading the OP 's post that reeks of low self-worth even annoys me more.

A lot of second class lower and third class graduates are getting good jobs daily in this country, if they all come online complaining and heaping blames on the companies that discriminated against them because of their grade, they won't be where they are right now.

What you need to do now is to work on your CV, remove your CGPA from that CV and remove the "second class lower" you have there as well. If your CGPA is not up to 4.00, it is not advisable to have it on CV and except you are applying for a government job, use "Second class (honours) instead of 'second class lower"

I always try as much as possible to advise third class and 2:2 graduates to boost their chance of securing a job by going for professional courses and if possible getting necessary internship experience.

I' m also a 2:2 graduate but rather than letting my average grade weigh me down, I registered for ICAN during my service year. Today, I'm a chartered accountant, gainfully employed and earning a relatively good pay.

Friedplantain
[/b]
So u be chartered accountant shocked nd u dey jonse like this...cheesy
Re: Its Either You Are On First Class Or 2:1.... by Nobody: 10:52am On Oct 25, 2015
j4sure:
forget the cert and get a skill that is where d money is jare

Yeah I'm an IT person with web design skills also ongoing some other professional skills already

Thanks
Re: Its Either You Are On First Class Or 2:1.... by deedondavi(m): 10:53am On Oct 25, 2015
kunbit:

Institution matters to some companies o, some will tell you only federal universities e.g Access bank graduate trainee accepts only federal universities with exception of 3 state unis and 3 private unis
Which of the state uni's
Re: Its Either You Are On First Class Or 2:1.... by Nobody: 10:54am On Oct 25, 2015
murtalaa:
@ I would rather place my bet on the guy that did not fall sick and got 2:1 than to assume the 2:2 guy fell sick.

Lolz
Re: Its Either You Are On First Class Or 2:1.... by kokorodudu(f): 10:56am On Oct 25, 2015
Tbliss12:

Happy Weekend!!

Tbliss12

What were you doing in school when you mates were reading? Payback is a bitch - you don't deserve a job. My opinion though and not a judgment of your person.
Re: Its Either You Are On First Class Or 2:1.... by Nobody: 10:57am On Oct 25, 2015
Tinyemeka:

Why is your CV spiral-bound? angry

Or you just wanted to act funny?

There are ao many companies that recruit B.Sc 2.2 graduates within the 27yrs age bracket. You just have to pass their tests and interviews.

Edit your CV. In the field for edu qualifications, BSc (Hons) <Name of Course>.

You are putting your CGPA there. Are you trying to tell them that you almost made 2.1? Be kiaful! angry

Thanks, that has already been taken care of
Re: Its Either You Are On First Class Or 2:1.... by nairadeen: 10:58am On Oct 25, 2015
Graduated with 3.41 computer science, 2007. Have seen and done so many things. Don't be discourage, it will only let you know people for whom they really are. I am a living witness as I type this on transit to an assignmen from my work place. They will try all possible means to pull you down, please don't let them.
Re: Its Either You Are On First Class Or 2:1.... by Nobody: 10:58am On Oct 25, 2015
godspeed:

Wail on dear! It always delight my soul when I see people like u complain now. Reality has finally hit you hard in the face.

I remember back in school days, you dare not be seen studying hard, people like you will subject such students to extreme ridicule that is hard to bare.

You label studious students all kinds of vile names like effico, prof, igi iwe e.t.c to the extent that u won't even want to be seen on the way to the library.

People like u always brag and console yourselves that grades don't matter but it's connectionis and who u know that will get u job, well u have one now.

Now that u have seen that reality is not as simple as y'all made it looked, no doubts if u look back , you'll wish u get a second opportunity to do what's right.

This is also some kind of lesson to those in school now, help yourself by finishing among the best so that those you know will have an easy job helping u in the future.

For now, op and your ilk can continue wailing while u let the people u have mocked to scorn in the past enjoy the fruits of their labour and have the last laugh.
Depraved soul....like wen u die, u will go with ur grade... infantile mentality. .. very puerile. ..
Re: Its Either You Are On First Class Or 2:1.... by Shinelle(f): 11:04am On Oct 25, 2015
godspeed:

Wail on dear! It always delight my soul when I see people like u complain now. Reality has finally hit you hard in the face.

I remember back in school days, you dare not be seen studying hard, people like you will subject such students to extreme ridicule that is hard to bare.

You label studious students all kinds of vile names like effico, prof, igi iwe e.t.c to the extent that u won't even want to be seen on the way to the library.

People like u always brag and console yourselves that grades don't matter but it's connectionis and who u know that will get u job, well u have one now.

Now that u have seen that reality is not as simple as y'all made it looked, no doubts if u look back , you'll wish u get a second opportunity to do what's right.

This is also some kind of lesson to those in school now, help yourself by finishing among the best so that those you know will have an easy job helping u in the future.

For now, op and your ilk can continue wailing while u let the people u have mocked to scorn in the past enjoy the fruits of their labour and have the last laugh.

In fact , as sad as the OP's case may sound... I can totally relate to what you have typed above..

They leave all the group work for you, hiss when you ask questions in class and call you names when you just want to study and strive to be the best..

Not sure if we should generalise that he was one of such people though.....

2.2/3rd Class aren't supposed to be trampled upon.. but then its easier to fall when you're already stooped. Those coming up should be mindful, try and get the '1.1'/ 2.1 first, then leave the rest to God..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Its Either You Are On First Class Or 2:1.... by sanchos: 11:04am On Oct 25, 2015
I graduated with 2.2 also.but the funny thing about my life story is that I got employed before many of my contemporaries who made very good 2.1, how did it happen? For me I think it was by being at the right place at the right time.What do I mean..make very good use of your NYSC period, that's when the job search starts before service and not after. Having friends who think like you, in terms of job search. Stay confident, consistent and resilient, u will make it
Re: Its Either You Are On First Class Or 2:1.... by 9jaboi8701(m): 11:04am On Oct 25, 2015
Tbliss12:

Happy Weekend!!

Tbliss12

My guy you have a good result and from the way you talk, you sound outspoken and intelligent. Just be patient and don't stay idle. Engage yourself in things that can make you stay connected to people. I have a friend working in NNPC with an HND pass receiving 250k Plus, another working in Total Lagos with HND 2.2 and the shocking one, another working in KPMG with HND 2.2 , Yea HND 2.2 in KPMG. It's all about connections in this country, don't allow one person tell you ur result is poor. So many big firm you know of have 3rd class graduates working for them due to connections. Na so 9ja just be, if you relate to IBB or Obj you go work for CBN or anywhere in this country with that result wella.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

FIRST BANK OF NIGERIA RECRUITMENT FOR GRADUATE TRAINEES / NPOWER Released New Test Assessment Date (PHOTOS) / N-power Explains How To Check Pre-selection Status

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.