Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,263 members, 7,836,192 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

Lagos Budgets N1bn For Schools’ Renovation - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lagos Budgets N1bn For Schools’ Renovation (7605 Views)

OAU Begins Renovation Of Dilapidated Hostels / Renovation of toilets in OAU Hostel (Photos) / OAU Student Union Budgets N1.8m For Phone Calls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Budgets N1bn For Schools’ Renovation by kinibigdeal(m): 12:39pm On Oct 24, 2015
1billion naira for ow many schools..I guess u also don't sign cheque..thieves
Re: Lagos Budgets N1bn For Schools’ Renovation by ril19(m): 12:40pm On Oct 24, 2015
Sounds Like A Discreet Use Of Money. Modest Budgeting.
Re: Lagos Budgets N1bn For Schools’ Renovation by yemtag: 12:41pm On Oct 24, 2015
Cool☺☺
Re: Lagos Budgets N1bn For Schools’ Renovation by wyqay: 12:42pm On Oct 24, 2015
During Fashola eight years in office he built and renovate schools.thhese structures are still there intact.I don't thinks this is ideal for now
Re: Lagos Budgets N1bn For Schools’ Renovation by Nobody: 12:45pm On Oct 24, 2015
For the past one decade,billions of naira has been sunk into the revival of the educational system in lagos and other states,but nothing to show for it......I suggest most government in the state level should take a queue from what Governor Peter Obi/Willie Obiano has done with the system in Anambra State for the past few years they've both ruled.
Re: Lagos Budgets N1bn For Schools’ Renovation by iamaffluent: 12:46pm On Oct 24, 2015
Hummm... Some parents are going to witdraw their kids From private Schools to join the Government Schools soon.

Do you need a Professional House Painter
Contact Omoniyi today... 08030708011
Re: Lagos Budgets N1bn For Schools’ Renovation by wiseoneking: 12:48pm On Oct 24, 2015
Fynestboi:

http://www.punchng.com/news/lagos-budgets-n1bn-for-schools-renovation/
1billion only, well that is some thing but just a scratch. Average Student per class in lagos public sch is between 85-120. Schools are under staffed. I think the situation is very pathetic. There are a lot where students sit's on the ground. Fashola was only interested in banning journalists from reporting the rot in the schools and even threaten to sack teachers who dare raise alarm on the state of their schools.
Re: Lagos Budgets N1bn For Schools’ Renovation by justmenoni: 12:51pm On Oct 24, 2015
Still in production in China before they send it for further packaging in Australia then first approval in Europe and second approval in USA and ten 3Rd approval back in China so in all by 2019 we should know the fate of the alien food who knows it might be ready by late 2018

quote author=lexzycc post=39310778]What about free food for the pupils as promised [/quote]

1 Like

Re: Lagos Budgets N1bn For Schools’ Renovation by thundafire: 12:58pm On Oct 24, 2015
always earmaking billions dat will enta dier pockets nd finally dy students will seat on floor
Re: Lagos Budgets N1bn For Schools’ Renovation by maskamdo(m): 1:02pm On Oct 24, 2015
lilprinze:
Am sure no Northern state would even think of spending 500 million on school renovation not to talk of building more schools.
maybe u should ask about (kasetela) kad st evrn & traffic enfc law agency & see what public schools in kaduna state will become in d nearest future.. I can assure u d dev will be unmatched in nigeria quote me.
Re: Lagos Budgets N1bn For Schools’ Renovation by clevadani: 1:03pm On Oct 24, 2015
lexzycc:
What about free food for the pupils as promised
is it in pdp's 2015 budget?
Re: Lagos Budgets N1bn For Schools’ Renovation by Smartresult(f): 1:07pm On Oct 24, 2015
search for sasuwa blog
Re: Lagos Budgets N1bn For Schools’ Renovation by mbhs139(m): 1:07pm On Oct 24, 2015
Fynestboi:

Lagos State Governor, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode, on Friday announced that his administration had earmarked over N1bn for the renovation and supply of furniture and education materials across all secondary schools in the state.

The statement said that the state government would also employ 1,300 teachers to teach in primary schools in the state.

This is a good one coming from the Lagos State Government. It is a good one because renovating schools and providing furniture and education materials, by and large, will improve student's learning. Kudos that more teachers are also going to be recruited into the State's schools.

However, there's this concept, school climate, which I want the Government to look into. It is an an evidence-­based strategy that supports students, school personnel, parents/guardians and community members learning and working together to promote pro-­social education.

Done well, these efforts will result in even safer, more supportive, engaging, helpfully challenging and harmonious schools.

A positive school climate, just like the State Government is trying to provide, improves student achievement and gives them a sense of belonging. Government's present efforts are part of the important factors in a positive school climate which are significant mediators of learning: empowerment, authentic, engagement, self-efficacy, and motivation. It is a strategy that will pay off, long term, for the youth, faculty and schools, with stronger student achievement within a productive and safe learning environment, with a good return on investment of both human and financial resources.
Re: Lagos Budgets N1bn For Schools’ Renovation by Ballmer: 1:08pm On Oct 24, 2015
alaoeri:
In a year time, all those abusing Ambode won't have any other option other than to praise him. cool

I am one of them and I can wait for him to prove himself. Keji Ajah express Fashola constructed and tolled his in a bad state already. APC needs to do a lot more to justify the vote of the masses.
Re: Lagos Budgets N1bn For Schools’ Renovation by Boss13: 1:22pm On Oct 24, 2015
This is nonsense. Renovation by just painting these schools whilst the level of education remains lopsided in Lagos. Are these not the same school renovated by Fashola? What is this renovation about and why should N1billion be spent? Ambode needs to improve the curriculum in schools and the minds of young kids not structure and facade, which probably would not be completed. These are the ways politicians and their cronies steal money. They will never buy books and build libraries for kids to study and become the next big thing, they will never improve the talent of kids, rather they engaged in whitewash expenditures to make an extra buck for themselves.

Wicked people.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Budgets N1bn For Schools’ Renovation by Khez: 1:33pm On Oct 24, 2015
The money too much o

Hope every dime goes into the renovation as stated, bikokwa oga, we are tired o!
Re: Lagos Budgets N1bn For Schools’ Renovation by Nobody: 1:40pm On Oct 24, 2015
wetin dem wan do with 1billion? they always use a round figure whenever dey wana commit fraud or inflation of the cost of a project. they ought to give an account of the list of schools that need renovation and the cost of each. if that were done it sure will b less than 1 billion
Re: Lagos Budgets N1bn For Schools’ Renovation by Firefire(m): 1:40pm On Oct 24, 2015
FRAUD alert!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Budgets N1bn For Schools’ Renovation by ohenhen1: 1:41pm On Oct 24, 2015
1 billion Naira is not enough. Should be about 10 billion Naira($50 million)
Re: Lagos Budgets N1bn For Schools’ Renovation by nigeriancuban: 2:28pm On Oct 24, 2015
hmmm 1bilion, I wonder what schools they wanna renovate the ones demolished by fashola or the already renovated ones by the same fashola....
Re: Lagos Budgets N1bn For Schools’ Renovation by uprightman(m): 2:30pm On Oct 24, 2015
Fynestboi:

If they can utilise the money

http://www.punchng.com/news/lagos-budgets-n1bn-for-schools-renovation/
if they don't share the money
Re: Lagos Budgets N1bn For Schools’ Renovation by blackboy(m): 2:49pm On Oct 24, 2015
1 billion on schools rrenovation what was Fashola doing ? If this 1 billion is used truly to renovate the schools , I'm sure the schools will be better than many private schools. Kashimawo? But Lagosian don't care if it's done or not so long as its an APC candidate in power.

Lagos deserves better. Ensure the 1 billion is used and transparent bidding for the renovation is done. Our children deserve better schools in Lagos to attend.

Also Mr. Governor provided more teachers and pay them well.

God bless Lagos State, my state.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Budgets N1bn For Schools’ Renovation by October1960: 4:05pm On Oct 24, 2015
Finally - hope they do as promised !!

Hope most of the money does not end up in Swiss and US bank accounts so the government officials children can go to school overseas.
Re: Lagos Budgets N1bn For Schools’ Renovation by Ryda(m): 8:44pm On Oct 24, 2015
*19bn for renovation of roads
*1bn for renovation of schools
*common sense to do d right thing angry
Re: Lagos Budgets N1bn For Schools’ Renovation by Tonydoo: 8:53am On Oct 25, 2015
Is this new lagos government working at all? Our highways are in a state of anomy. There is this lifelong large pot hole created by gully erosion or possibly drainage sewage waters at Fadeyi bus stop, just infront of Oando filling station. This has wrecked havoc to many cars and lives. Yet, nothing is being done about it.

Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode, do you even know buses and cars alike have to meander into the BRT lanes each time they navigate this route? This could be life-threatening especially judging by the ways BRT buses speed through their lanes as undisputed lane owners.

Though I realise it is a Trunk A road, but being that as it may, will the government wait for lives to be lost before making a change and restoring the road? Or you are waiting for a time when a BRT bus conveying hundreds of school children collides with a meandering danfo bus? Please do something.

Written under 3 minutes by Nigeria's Multi faceted Designer/Photographer: Tonydoo Visuals.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Retrieve JAMB Registration Number From 2004 - Till Date / Uk To Cut Student Visas To Nigerians, Others / If You Dont Remember This Ad In The 90's, Call Me UNCLE #THROWBACK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.