Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,576 members, 7,823,496 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

Female Hardcore Gamers! - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Female Hardcore Gamers! (2875 Views)

A Thread For Mobile Gamers ( Android & IOS ) / Post Your PSN Ids Here [hardcore Gamers Only] / How Do You Know A Hardcore Gamer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Female Hardcore Gamers! by utotomi3(m): 6:35pm On May 04, 2009
It is a legend that no female hardcore gamer exists. I was surprised to find one. I want to see if there are any more hardcore gamers that play games such as Resident Evil 5, Doom 3, Halo 2, Dead or Alive, Tekken, Red Faction, Metal Gear Solid, Unreal Tournament.

I am not looking for people that play guitar hero, super mario, mario kart, Britney Spear's Dance Beat, Wii Fit, Wii Tennis, Wii nonsense. I want to know if there are any female ps3, xbox 360, ps2, xbox, and ps1 addicts like myself.

Let us see them, so the world will know there are true female gamers.
Re: Female Hardcore Gamers! by utotomi3(m): 10:31am On May 05, 2009
It is just as I thought. None exist!!
Re: Female Hardcore Gamers! by ElRazur: 12:30pm On May 05, 2009
The legend is fast becoming a fact, grin
Re: Female Hardcore Gamers! by Badriyyah(f): 8:26pm On May 05, 2009
lol, We exist. tongue tongue.

I love my gadgets, Need to get anything that comes out. Although i've lost interest lately (too busy waiting for my favorite games to be released). My consoles, PS3, PS2 (need to get a PS1 again.lol), Wii, DS and PSP. I have a love hate relationship with 360, so i got rid of it, but probably going to get it back so I can have all the consoles, lol

I like to mix up my games, must always have different genres hence the nintendo and ps, lol. How long do you spend playing games??
Re: Female Hardcore Gamers! by Infoseye(m): 5:28am On May 06, 2009
My gf is a hardcore gamer, she plays kombat games e.g mortal kombat, dead or alive. She is a die hard fan of God Of War 1,2 she cant wait to get a ps3 just to play GOD 3 when it hit the game store and dont ask me how she handles me in bed at times I ask her if she is related to kratos or a spatarn blood runs through her vains lol.
Re: Female Hardcore Gamers! by ElRazur: 10:33am On May 06, 2009
Infoseye:

My gf is a hardcore gamer, she plays kombat games e.g mortal kombat, dead or alive. She is a die hard fan of God Of War 1,2 she cant wait to get a ps3 just to play GOD 3 when it hit the game store and dont ask me how she handles me in bed at times I ask her if she is related to kratos or a spatarn blood runs through her vains lol.

So that makes her a hardcore gamer? I doubt people know the meaning of a hard core gamer.

What is the max your GF ever spent on a game? How many hours a day does she spent on a console?

Your definition will suggest she is just your typical casual gamers with one or two favourite game am afraid.
Re: Female Hardcore Gamers! by utotomi3(m): 3:20pm On May 06, 2009
Majority of hardcore gamers play atleast 4 to 9 hours nonstop if not 24 hours!! grin

Personaly, my life revolves around my PS3, PS2 and PS1. I am a strict Sony Fan. I only use Playstation. Just like how football fans remain loyal to their clubs I remain loyal to Playstation.
Re: Female Hardcore Gamers! by tboy1(m): 3:28pm On May 06, 2009
I love em' grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
But not the Hardcore ones ooooo, just be good enough to trash me sometimes.
Re: Female Hardcore Gamers! by ElRazur: 4:02pm On May 06, 2009
utotomi3:

Majority of hardcore gamers play atleast 4 to 9 hours nonstop if not 24 hours!!  grin

Personaly, my life revolves around my PS3, PS2 and PS1. I am a strict Sony Fan. I only use Playstation. Just like how football fans remain loyal to their clubs I remain loyal to Playstation.

I wont even call myself an hardcore gamer despite the fact that I played ridge racer 7 for almost 4hours yesterday and some few hours more when I got back home.

A guy died after playing almost 3days non-stop of WOW in china, and similar case are being reported. Now that is what I call a hardcore gamer.
Re: Female Hardcore Gamers! by tboy1(m): 4:07pm On May 06, 2009
HardCore Gamers cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: Female Hardcore Gamers! by utotomi3(m): 6:23pm On May 06, 2009
That's what I'm talking about!  cheesy  cheesy  grin But I see no females!
Re: Female Hardcore Gamers! by utotomi3(m): 6:39pm On May 06, 2009
ElRazur:

A guy died after playing almost 3days non-stop of WOW in china, and similar case are being reported. Now that is what I call a hardcore gamer.

I also know about chinese hardcore gamers. They are just to extreme. Imagine gaming nonstop for one week while eating and drinking in front of your console. This is why the Nintendo Wii was created. But I still find the Nintendo Wii very childish. I even prefer the Nintendo Gamecube to the Wii.
Re: Female Hardcore Gamers! by utotomi3(m): 3:30pm On May 08, 2009
Can you believe, the moderator of the Games section on nairaland is a female!! And she is not even a hardcore gamer! Seun, you should make me the moderator of this section!! grin
Re: Female Hardcore Gamers! by Badriyyah(f): 12:07pm On May 10, 2009
lol, It seems the Ladies love God of War!!! I have been a fan for a very long time, Just finished playing Chains of Olympus, Started yesterday and Finished it in 6 hours!!!!, Damnit, That was toooooo short!!!

As for how long I spend playing games, It depends, I can spend 5 to 6hours on an old game, But if it's a new game that I love, i'll stick with it for hours, lol. I love it though!!
Re: Female Hardcore Gamers! by utotomi3(m): 2:47pm On May 11, 2009
Badriyyah, we are getting married. Were do you want the wedding to take place, olympus, inside the mishima zaibatsu, or inside an arcade. The cake will be in the form of a Playstation 3. Tell me when you are ready so I can send a ps3 game to represent the engagment ring.
Re: Female Hardcore Gamers! by Badriyyah(f): 6:39am On May 12, 2009
utotomi3:

Badriyyah, we are getting married. Were do you want the wedding to take place, olympus, inside the mishima zaibatsu, or inside an arcade. The cake will be in the form of a Playstation 3. Tell me when you are ready so I can send a ps3 game to represent the engagment ring.

Hahaha, I always wanted a PS3 cake on my wedding day(Geeeek), Ok O, I'll be expecting my game. I will give you the response when I finish playing it.lol tongue tongue
Re: Female Hardcore Gamers! by webbjamie(m): 12:56pm On Jun 01, 2009
I happen to know of a hardcore female(?) gamer on nairaland:Gamine. grin
Re: Female Hardcore Gamers! by Gaminechic: 7:25pm On Jun 01, 2009
How is playing UT Hardcore? Is it the game being playd that defines hardcore
@Badriyyah ahh han! Dat one 3 much
Re: Female Hardcore Gamers! by iice(f): 8:12am On Jun 30, 2009
I wouldn't call myself a hardcore gamer, though i used to do the whole 10hrs thing and switching with people. And since majority of my friends are guys and gamers, it became normal for me to host these sessions. Been doing that since high school.
I don't play that much anymore. . .don't have much time these days.
Re: Female Hardcore Gamers! by ijawgirl: 10:05pm On Jul 03, 2009
Am right here cool

Playstation 3 with a PSP on the side

Am a big fan of grand theft- completed grand theft vice city and San Andreas
Re: Female Hardcore Gamers! by Gaminechic: 1:14pm On Jul 06, 2009
holiday cometh! grin

Gaming season is around the corner

Wheew!!!!!
Re: Female Hardcore Gamers! by nellaluv(f): 8:55am On Jul 25, 2009
Yeah i started with sega, then ps1 but then i lost interest,i'm nw a big girl, hardcore gamers are only 4 the geeks. My brother is virtually one, i'm glad we have more one tv at home. We no longer call him by his name,it nw gameboy. If nt for school,he would be in front of d t.V playing his game all day long.

1 Like

Re: Female Hardcore Gamers! by epsilon9(m): 10:34am On Aug 24, 2009
they say "the taste of the pudding is in the eating", if u're a hardcore gamer holla @ me my PSN id is epsilon_92001

P.S: no football games.
Re: Female Hardcore Gamers! by utotomi10(m): 7:23pm On Aug 25, 2009
Good to see there are actually female gamers (even though they call themselves hardcore, which they are not (Wii fit, and Wii sports resort or any other Wii game is not a hardcore game)

Any ways atleast I can prove my friends wrong, there is hope for me to marry a hardcore gamer and we can sit at home all day and play video games.
Re: Female Hardcore Gamers! by utotomi10(m): 7:41pm On Aug 25, 2009
nellaluv:

Yeah i started with sega, then ps1 but then i lost interest,i'm nw a big girl, hardcore gamers are only 4 the geeks. My brother is virtually one, i'm glad we have more one tv at home. We no longer call him by his name,it nw gameboy. If nt for school,he would be in front of d t.V playing his game all day long.

we are not geeks  angry  angry  angry!!!! No wonder you lost interest, you stopped at PS1, gaming has come a long way since PS1, games are no longer for children but for everyone. Get your hands on a ps3 or xbox 360, or atleast a ps2 or an xbox, then you will know that gaming is not for geeks. Once you start going through the action.

ijaw_girl:

Am right here cool

Playstation 3 with a PSP on the side

Am a big fan of grand theft- completed grand theft vice city and San Andreas

That's my girl!!

iice:

I wouldn't call myself a hardcore gamer, though i used to do the whole 10hrs thing and switching with people.  And since majority of my friends are guys and gamers, it became normal for me to host these sessions.  Been doing that since high school.
I don't play that much anymore.  .  .don't have much time these days.

If you are a serious gamer, and you can make out time to watch TV, browse the net, and visit your friends, then you should be able to make out time to do some ass kicking on your game console.

Gaminechic:

How is playing UT Hardcore? Is it the game being playd that defines hardcore
@Badriyyah ahh han! Dat one 3 much

Unreal Tournament is a hardcore game although the gamer might be a beginner.  Well I think a hardcore gamer is someone skilled at hardcore games, (for example setting a games difficulty to the hardest, and beating it in record time)

Others might say a hardcore gamer is just someone who plays and enjoys hardcore games no matter the talent.
Re: Female Hardcore Gamers! by Timsilver(m): 11:23am On Aug 26, 2009
Oh! God i thank u 4 deliverin me 4rm hardcore gaming.16hr a day is no joke.Ah! I hav given away & sold all my console except my psp which is dusty & d only game i play on it is messin wit d flash.
Hush, i still got many GUD memories.
Re: Female Hardcore Gamers! by iice(f): 11:55am On Aug 26, 2009
I've past the point of serious gaming tongue
Re: Female Hardcore Gamers! by utotomi10(m): 12:18pm On Aug 26, 2009
There is no longer any hope  embarassed  embarassed  embarassed . Females will stick to lipstick, shopping, shoes, bags, makeup, and nintendo wii. I guess gaming is really for boys only. (except for Badriyyah grin grin and ijaw_girl grin grin)
Re: Female Hardcore Gamers! by iice(f): 12:27pm On Aug 26, 2009
Sorry to disappoint you tongue

But movies is more my passion than shopping grin
Re: Female Hardcore Gamers! by Timsilver(m): 10:40pm On Aug 27, 2009
I don't really c really GUD reasons y movies should be any1 passion cuz most are predictable.They just bore me out.
Re: Female Hardcore Gamers! by Nobody: 10:40pm On Aug 27, 2009
We exist cheesy
Re: Female Hardcore Gamers! by iice(f): 10:51am On Aug 28, 2009
Timsilver:

I don't really c really GUD reasons y movies should be any1 passion cuz most are predictable.They just bore me out.
Passion is all that is the reason. If you cannot understand that, then. . . undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

SOLD !!! CAMO Ps4 Slim 1TB For Sale. / A Thread For The Ex Ultimate Mortal Kombat3 Champions / Is It True That You Can Play Ps2 Slim With A Low Current, And Can't With The Fat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.