Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,046 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

I Want To Draw Blood With My New Book — Soyinka - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Want To Draw Blood With My New Book — Soyinka (815 Views)

Evander Holyfield Fights Bola Tinubu In Lagos, Wole Soyinka Is Referee-pm NEWS / Amaechi, Soyinka & Baba Ijebu At Folasade's Installation As Iyalode(Pics / My New Book Will Draw Blood, Soyinka Vows (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Draw Blood With My New Book — Soyinka by euromoney(f): 8:13am On Oct 25, 2015
playwright and Nobel laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka, has said he wants to ‘draw blood’ with his latest book, ‘Interinventions.’

He explained that the book was his tool of ‘vengeance’ against what he termed ‘unprovoked assault of public lies’ many of which he claimed were directed at him.

He said this on Saturday at the June 12 Cultural Centre in Abeokuta, Ogun State.

Making his remarks at the formal inauguration of The Wole Soyinka Foundation, which was a retreat haven for writers, Soyinka described ‘InterInventions’ as ‘the nastiest book’ he has ever written.

The 130-page literary work — InterInventions, Between Defective Memory and Public Lie, A Personal Odyssey in The Republic of Liars was presented to the public by the Edo State Governor, Adams Oshiomhole.

The playwright said the book has therapeutic value because according to him, “it is so truthful that it hurts.” He then recommended it to people who felt vengeful towards purveyors of public lies.

He said, “InterInventions, is the nastiest book I have ever written. It is so truthful that it hurts. It is my vengeance against public lies. It is not one of the butterfly books.

I want to draw blood (with it). I’m warning all of you, if you feel vengeful, read this book and you will be alright. It is like homeopathic medicine.”

He bemoaned the trend where public lies had become an industry, and even having multiplier effect, with the Internet further espousing such misnomer.

Making direct reference to this on Page 7 of the book, he wrote: “Lies of staggering impudence, especially considering the fact that, in most cases, both victims and their traducers are still living.”

He called for a “ritual of public purgation where both sides – such victims of lies and the traducers, are brought together before the public tribunal for the world to know the truth.”

He explained that he was able to keep his sanity as a creative writer in midst of unprovoked assault of public lies, retiring to a serene environment, where his sanity receives a new vigour for creativity.

Oshiomhole described Soyinka as a “great and relentless fighter” adding that “the nation needs social warriors who speak the truth without giving a hoot whose ox is gored.”

The governor who attended the event in the company of his wife, Iara, described the Wole Soyinka Foundation as a worthy cause that every Nigerian should identify with.

Prominent personalities at the event include the Ogun State Governor, Senator Ibikunle Amosun, who was represented by the Secretary to the State Government, Taiwo Adeoluwa, former governors of Rivers, Ekiti and Cross River states, Rotimi Amaechi, Dr. Kayode Fayemi, and Donald Duke respectively, and the Alake of Egbaland, Oba Adedotun Gbadebo among others

http://www.punchng.com/news/i-want-to-draw-blood-with-my-new-book-soyinka/
Re: I Want To Draw Blood With My New Book — Soyinka by Mancity26(m): 8:15am On Oct 25, 2015
Your boys still dey kill each other at IMSU.. Respect! #funnyNation comedian coming soon!

1 Like

Re: I Want To Draw Blood With My New Book — Soyinka by erunz(m): 8:16am On Oct 25, 2015
So he was at that pyrate meeting held at the cultural centre yesterday, its ok
Re: I Want To Draw Blood With My New Book — Soyinka by autofreak2020(m): 8:19am On Oct 25, 2015
Please anyone's got idea of where I can get genuine tecno phone charger, I wouldn't mind the cost as long as it is genuine.
They are not in olowu street anymore and I don't know their new office here in Lagos.
Re: I Want To Draw Blood With My New Book — Soyinka by tsdarkside(m): 8:20am On Oct 25, 2015
hahahahaha!!!....everbody is going crazy in nigeria,,,big time....
Re: I Want To Draw Blood With My New Book — Soyinka by Atlantian: 8:24am On Oct 25, 2015
A pioneer cultist still in the acts of drawing blood.
Re: I Want To Draw Blood With My New Book — Soyinka by Opinedecandid(m): 8:26am On Oct 25, 2015
Good dream.
Re: I Want To Draw Blood With My New Book — Soyinka by Holuwadammie(m): 8:41am On Oct 25, 2015
Let keep our arm cross 2gether.....and listen to public lies..... ;DLet keep our arm cross 2gether.....and listen to public lies.....
Re: I Want To Draw Blood With My New Book — Soyinka by Nobody: 8:44am On Oct 25, 2015
Okay
Re: I Want To Draw Blood With My New Book — Soyinka by 4nobody4every1: 8:46am On Oct 25, 2015
smiley
Re: I Want To Draw Blood With My New Book — Soyinka by moyosore27384(m): 9:27pm On Oct 25, 2015
crazy world with crazy thinks and doings
Re: I Want To Draw Blood With My New Book — Soyinka by omowolewa: 12:00am On Oct 26, 2015
Prof right, we would read.
That reminds me of 'before its too late' and 'there was a country'.

(1) (Reply)

Alleged False Assets, N70m Bribe: These ‘re Fabrications Against Me – Orubebe / A Generation Of Igbos That Has Never Witness Bloody Blood Shed / Barrister Leo Ekpenyong's Open Letter To His Excellency, President Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.