Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,751 members, 7,820,588 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

My New Book Will Draw Blood, Soyinka Vows - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My New Book Will Draw Blood, Soyinka Vows (2287 Views)

Evander Holyfield Fights Bola Tinubu In Lagos, Wole Soyinka Is Referee-pm NEWS / Niger Delta Avengers Condemns Attack On Soldiers, Vows To Fish Out Killers / I Want To Draw Blood With My New Book — Soyinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My New Book Will Draw Blood, Soyinka Vows by wolzzz(m): 9:46pm On Oct 25, 2015
The book, he said, would be his “vengeance” against “unprovoked assault of public lies” directed against him.

The popular playwright and essayist spoke at the formal inauguration of The Wole Soyinka Foundation, a retreat haven for writers.

He described InterInventions as “the nastiest book” he has ever written.

Wole Soyinka
The 130 – page work – InterInventions, Between Defective Memory and Public Lie, A Personal Odyssey in The Republic of Liars, was presented to the public at the June 12 Cultural Centre Kuto, Abeokuta by the Edo State governor, Adams Oshiohmole.

Soyinka said the book is “so truthful that it hurts” and recommended it to people who “feel vengeful” towards purveyors of public lies because of its expected therapeutic value.

“(InterInventions), it is the nastiest book I have ever written. It is so truthful that it hurts… it is my vengeance against public lies. It is not one of the butterfly books. No, it is not a butterfly book.

“I want to draw blood (with it). I’m warning all of you, if you feel vengeful, read this book and you will be alright. It is like homeopathic medicine,” Soyinka said.

He lamented that public lies have become an industry of sort, multiplying itself and worsened by the social media facilitating the predisposition for lies.

On page seven of the book, he decried public lies – “lies of staggering impudence, especially considering the fact that, in most cases, both victims and their traducers are still living.”

According to him, there is the need for a “ritual of public purgation where both sides – such victims of lies and the traducers, are brought together before the public tribunal for the world to know the truth.”

Soyinka also gave insight into lies, allegedly against him by some individuals and past leaders, including former Governor of Ogun State, Otunba Gbenga Daniel, stating in first paragraph of page 82 that “it was a great fun (for him, Soyinka) to watch him(Daniel) lie his head off.”

He said he “would have gone insane” if he had not found a serene place to hide himself while doing his creative work.

Oshiomhole described Soyinka as a great and relentless fighter, saying the nation needs social warriors who speak the truth without giving a hoot whose ox is gored.

The governor, who attended the event in the company of his wife, added that The Wole Soyinka Foundation is a worthy cause that should be identified with by Nigerians.

Footprints Of David Art Academy performing at the event.
Idowu Ogunleye

Alake of Egbaland with Gov. Adams Oshiomole and his wife, Lara.
Idowu Ogunleye

From left: Rotimi Amaechi, Gov. Ibikunle Amosu, Prof. Wole Soyinka, Donald Duke and Kayode Fayemi.
Idowu Ogunleye

Gov. Adams Oshomole presents Prof Wole Soyinka's latest book titled "Interinvetions".
Idowu Ogunleye

Hakeem Lasisi entertaining guests at the event.
Idowu Ogunleye
ERNEST NWOKOLOON
Re: My New Book Will Draw Blood, Soyinka Vows by micfoley: 9:51pm On Oct 25, 2015
Prof, take it easy o
Re: My New Book Will Draw Blood, Soyinka Vows by Nobody: 9:53pm On Oct 25, 2015
wow ..
would love to see that.
a book drawing blood..
dats innovative.
iranu.
Re: My New Book Will Draw Blood, Soyinka Vows by ishiamu(m): 10:03pm On Oct 25, 2015
Your new book na artist this one the book wan draw
Re: My New Book Will Draw Blood, Soyinka Vows by Nobody: 10:05pm On Oct 25, 2015
ajixkhid1:
wow ..
would love to see that.
a book drawing blood..
dats innovative.
iranu.

ishiamu:
Your new book na artist this one the book wan draw
I only hope you voted Buhari.
Re: My New Book Will Draw Blood, Soyinka Vows by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:06pm On Oct 25, 2015
"The Dogs and Babboon will be soaked in blood"- grin grin grin
Re: My New Book Will Draw Blood, Soyinka Vows by okolochyke: 10:10pm On Oct 25, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
"The Dogs and Babboon will be soaked in blood"- grin grin grin

U are an Id1ot

You lack formal education so you do not realise that Soyinka was talking metaphorically unlike the actual blood of Rivers people that was shed by Wike in the last elections

1 Like

Re: My New Book Will Draw Blood, Soyinka Vows by Singingbae(m): 10:12pm On Oct 25, 2015
Re: My New Book Will Draw Blood, Soyinka Vows by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:15pm On Oct 25, 2015
okolochyke:

U are an Id1ot

You lack formal education so you do not realise that Soyinka was talking metaphorically unlike the actual blood of Rivers people that was shed by Wike in the last elections

Try get some sense of humor padi mi... grin

1 Like

Re: My New Book Will Draw Blood, Soyinka Vows by okolochyke: 10:17pm On Oct 25, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Try get some sense of humor padi mi... grin

Barcanista u dey craze I swear

Between you and truckpusher I dont know who craze pass
Re: My New Book Will Draw Blood, Soyinka Vows by Fatherherokay(m): 10:20pm On Oct 25, 2015
Cant wait to see it
Re: My New Book Will Draw Blood, Soyinka Vows by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:20pm On Oct 25, 2015
okolochyke:

Barcanista u dey craze I swear

Between you and truckpusher I dont know who craze pass

Na Truckpusher craze pass o. After him na you... grin

Me, I never craze before.. angry
Re: My New Book Will Draw Blood, Soyinka Vows by okolochyke: 10:24pm On Oct 25, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Na Truckpusher craze pass o. After him na you... grin

Me, I never craze before.. angry

That guy na kolo guy

I nearly laff tire as one person dey tackle all those guys. Kudos to him tho

U too get craze. One man army lolzzz.

Plus the two of you are male prostitutes. Women, girls all the time. U better go and give your life to Christ
Re: My New Book Will Draw Blood, Soyinka Vows by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:37pm On Oct 25, 2015
okolochyke:

That guy na kolo guy

Plus the two of you are male prostitutes. Women, girls all the time. U better go and give your life to Christ
Baba, me sef don tire for Truckpusher matter. The man too like woman and na confirm craze man lipsrsealed. He needs Christ. We are praying for him.

Join us in prayers..pls
Re: My New Book Will Draw Blood, Soyinka Vows by okolochyke: 10:42pm On Oct 25, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Baba, me sef don tire for Truckpusher matter. The man too like woman and na confirm craze man lipsrsealed. He needs Christ. We are praying for him.

Join us in prayers..pls

Barca sharrap dia

U need more prayers than truckpusher. U are worse than him

May God deliver u

Happy Bday in arrears
Re: My New Book Will Draw Blood, Soyinka Vows by Nobody: 10:44pm On Oct 25, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Join us in prayers..pls

I dey mountain na there the prayers dey hold. hope u self no be like am cause the spirit go find u out.
Re: My New Book Will Draw Blood, Soyinka Vows by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:48pm On Oct 25, 2015
okolochyke:

Barca sharrap dia

U need more prayers than truckpusher. U are worse than him

May God deliver u

Happy Bday in arrears
See accusation..baseless accusation grin

Thanks for the BDay wish bros!
Re: My New Book Will Draw Blood, Soyinka Vows by datola: 10:49pm On Oct 25, 2015
Let the Intervention draw the blood of the wicked people of Nigeria dry.

Prof WS, kudos! I hope the half literates will not misinterpreted this work.
Re: My New Book Will Draw Blood, Soyinka Vows by LastSurvivor: 10:49pm On Oct 25, 2015
Stop hyping ur book Mr Soyinka..
Can ur book draw more blood than what boko haram has done just this month alone grin
Re: My New Book Will Draw Blood, Soyinka Vows by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:52pm On Oct 25, 2015
kingsolex:

I dey mountain na there the prayers dey hold. hope u self no be like am cause the spirit go find u out.
I no fit be like truckpusher na.. angry
Re: My New Book Will Draw Blood, Soyinka Vows by Nobody: 10:57pm On Oct 25, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
I no fit be like truckpusher na.. angry

lolx as in truckpusher matter critical be that lolsss
Re: My New Book Will Draw Blood, Soyinka Vows by Nobody: 12:05am On Oct 26, 2015
blood of cat faces from the west i guess? see soyinka wey no sabi book o, soyinka wey no fit debate nnamdi kanu, sonyinka wey be founder of cultism in the zoo. what other blood does he think he can draw with his USELESS book? mtcheeeewwwwwww even chimamanda write book pass am self..............

1 Like

Re: My New Book Will Draw Blood, Soyinka Vows by McKren(m): 12:54am On Oct 26, 2015
http://saharareporters.com/2007/01/14/crimes-buhari-wole-soyinka

On the link above is Wole Soyinka's view of Buhari in 2007

Fast forward to 2015 and Soyinka endorsed Buhari for President

Following Buhari's 6 months period in office I will like to know if Soyinka thinks he made a mistake to modify his view of Buhari on the eve of 2015 election or whether he still thinks he is right!
Re: My New Book Will Draw Blood, Soyinka Vows by Nobody: 1:09am On Oct 26, 2015
Oga Prof, if your new book will be about public lie, then please make use of xters like Liar Mohammed, Femi Adesina, Hell Rufai, Adam Oshiomole and APC to reduce fiction.undecided
Re: My New Book Will Draw Blood, Soyinka Vows by tpiah11: 1:39am On Oct 26, 2015
please place it online, e book format

@ the pr team.

it doesnt have to be free, just make it available electronically.
Re: My New Book Will Draw Blood, Soyinka Vows by tpiah11: 2:32am On Oct 26, 2015
kingsolex:

Na wa o, prayer warriors full the thread, I wonder why.
Re: My New Book Will Draw Blood, Soyinka Vows by M4gunners: 2:34am On Oct 26, 2015
Prof i still have double mind for you.
Re: My New Book Will Draw Blood, Soyinka Vows by Pavore9: 2:46am On Oct 26, 2015
“(InterInventions), it is the nastiest book I have ever written. It is so truthful that it hurts*…High blood Pressure loading for some people! cheesy
Re: My New Book Will Draw Blood, Soyinka Vows by Truckpusher(m): 3:06am On Oct 26, 2015
okolochyke:

That guy na kolo guy

I'm a good man.
Re: My New Book Will Draw Blood, Soyinka Vows by ishiamu(m): 6:39am On Oct 26, 2015
musKeeto:

I only hope you voted Buhari.

I don't vote for terrorist
Re: My New Book Will Draw Blood, Soyinka Vows by bonechamberlain(m): 7:24am On Oct 26, 2015
angry
Re: My New Book Will Draw Blood, Soyinka Vows by Nobody: 7:40am On Oct 26, 2015
tpiah11:

Na wa o, prayer warriors full the thread, I wonder why.

Nigeria matter needs serious prayers now oh, we must pray let it be ur watch word.

(1) (2) (Reply)

This Is Bullharry (pics) / Another Government Agency, PCC, In Secret Recruitment Scandal / Outcome Of Ondo State Election May End PDP In Southwest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.