Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,993 members, 7,821,469 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

I Broke Up Yesterday With My....... - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Broke Up Yesterday With My....... (1886 Views)

Fr. Mbaka Moving To His New Parish Yesterday - Photos / My Girlfriend Just Broke Up With Me On A Ground Of Religious Differences / Shame On Pastors Who Live In Opulence While Church Members Are Broke!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Broke Up Yesterday With My....... by FLGators1: 3:28am On May 07, 2009
rotflmao grin grin grin
Re: I Broke Up Yesterday With My....... by AloyEmeka9: 6:52pm On May 10, 2009
Why you dey laugh? grin grin
Re: I Broke Up Yesterday With My....... by huxley(m): 7:07pm On May 10, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

Does changing church make you less of a christian?. Is it a sin to change church?. She has no more desire in attending our local Redeem and decided to change churches and had to drag me with her. Even though I was attached to our local church, I had to do it just to make her happy. It's not as if she is asking me for the head of John the baptist.

The issue is NOT whether or not your family changed church. The issue is about who has the authority in the family to bring about such change. The bible clearly says that the wife MUST submit to the husband and must not make such decision without the husband. If you assented to it, then you have just bear it and stop complaining. And of course, go read your bible.
Re: I Broke Up Yesterday With My....... by AloyEmeka9: 7:56pm On May 10, 2009

The issue is NOT whether or not your family changed church.  The issue is about who has the authority in the family to bring about such change.  The bible clearly says that the wife MUST submit to the husband and must not make such decision without the husband.  If you assented to it, then you have just bear it and stop complaining.  And of course, go read your bible.

Are you saying the woman should follow the man to any faith he decides upon even when her own faith is totally against that?. Should you expect your wife to follow you to Guru maharaji because you met one of their disciples at ojota and he convinced you about Guru?. Trust me, I wouldn't follow my woman if her newly found faith does not conform with my original christian belief and doctrine. Guy, everything has limits.
Re: I Broke Up Yesterday With My....... by huxley(m): 8:07pm On May 10, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

Are you saying the woman should follow the man to any faith he decides upon even when her own faith is totally against that?. Should you expect your wife to follow you to Guru maharaji because you met one of their disciples at ojota and he convinced you about Guru?. Trust me, I wouldn't follow my woman if her newly found faith does not conform with my original christian belief and doctrine. Guy, everything has limits.

I am saying no such thing. What I am saying is that if you are a Christian household, you wife should not be making such decision. Wives in Christian households are supposed to be submissive and subservient and such decision are to be taken by the husband. That is how a Christian household is to be run and this is how it is clearly stipulated in the bible.

Now, it looks like you have lost the position of primacy that the Lord gavee you and have abdicated that to your wife. This is contrary to bible teaching. Get a hold, man!
Re: I Broke Up Yesterday With My....... by AloyEmeka9: 8:31pm On May 10, 2009
I have better things to do than fighting with my woman whether to attend Adeboye or Madubuko's church. It's irrelevant if you ask me and I usually don't start trouble over trivial issues like that. You are elevating this home headship to it's maximum strength and what matter sto me is love in a home because if that love is lacking, no matter how subservient your wife and kids may be, you will still be unhappy.
Re: I Broke Up Yesterday With My....... by huxley(m): 8:42pm On May 10, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

I have better things to do than fighting with my woman whether to attend Adeboye or Madubuko's church. It's irrelevant if you ask me and I usually don't start trouble over trivial issues like that. You are elevating this home headship to it's maximum strength and what matter sto me is love in a home because if that love is lacking, no matter how subservient your wife and kids may be, you will still be unhappy.

Good. I hope you realise that I do not subscribe to the "submission" philosophy anyway. I only raise it because for a true Christian it seems hypocritical not to subscribe to it given that is is categorically spelt out in the bible. In fact, Adeboye is a BIG advocate of this doctrine, as I pointed out in another thread . This is whatt Adeboye said;

Wives are commanded to submit to their husbands in all things (Eph 5:22-24). Some wives find it difficult to submit to their husband just because they are taller, richer, more better placed, or more educated. Even if you were the president of a nation, God still expects that wife to submit to her husband in all things. Submission is an act of faith. That means that if you can submit to your husband in spite of contrary opinions and situations, it will be counted to you as righteousness.Similarly, the woman is expected to submit to her husband as if she was submitting to Christ (Eph 5: 22). This means that it is not the man that the wife is submitting to, but the Lord Jesus Christ Himself. It also means that the extent to which a wife can submit to her husband is the extent to which she can submit to Jesus Christ. A woman who cannot submit to her husband will not also submit to Jesus. Show me a woman who is wholly submitted to her husband and I will show you a woman who is wholly following the Lord. Based on this scripture, many wives who claim to love Christ and obey Him have been found to be liars. There is a chain of obedience in every home. Children should submit to their parents, the wife to her husband; the husband to submit to Jesus even as Jesus submits to God the Father. At any point this order is not followed, the obedience chain is broken.

"Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything" (Eph 5:24). The question is, how is the church submissive to Christ? The church is the body while Christ is the head. All decisions are taken by the Lord and communicated to the church through the leaders. The church is dependent on the Lord. To what extent is your submission to your husband? The only extreme is where your husband tells you to do something that will displease God or break your fellowship with Him - that is sin. As long as you are not asked to sin, the wife must totally comply with the decisions of her husband. After making suggestions, you will pray for divine guidance for your husband so thatt he does not make wrong decisions. You cannot be one with the husband you fail to totally submit to.

ACTION POINT - Whenever you submit to your head in the chain of obedience, responsibility and accountability is transferred to the one above you.
Re: I Broke Up Yesterday With My....... by otokx(m): 9:51pm On May 10, 2009
playing couple
Re: I Broke Up Yesterday With My....... by AloyEmeka9: 8:01am On May 11, 2009
Good. I hope you realise that I do not subscribe to the "submission" philosophy anyway. I only raise it because for a true Christian it seems hypocritical not to subscribe to it given that is is categorically spelt out in the bible. In fact, Adeboye is a BIG advocate of this doctrine, as I pointed out in another thread . This is whatt Adeboye said;
Adeboye is not infallible and may not know the exact situation in every home. I cannot say his teachings are not right but I still stand my ground that it's not worth fighting for and I cannot waste my precious time fighting over trivial things like that.
Re: I Broke Up Yesterday With My....... by solosimple(m): 4:48pm On May 11, 2009
@POSTER

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

(1) (2) (Reply)

Are There Any Account(s) Of Dinosaurs In The Bible? / Is Man Truly In The Image Of God? / For Christians, Atheists And Agnostics.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.