Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,405 members, 7,819,436 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

Why Is MTN Doing This? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Is MTN Doing This? (2894 Views)

Is MTN Doing Data Promo? / Cybercrime: Doing This On The Internet Can Send You To Prison – NCC / Why Is Mtn Doing This To Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is MTN Doing This? by Nobody: 3:12pm On Oct 25, 2015
Your Fashion Guide weekly subscription has been renewed and N50 deducted from your account. Your service will now expire on 11/02/2015 Enjoy!

That is what I received today.

I earlier received a message from MTN that I have been charged N0 for musicplus and was given 150mb and that it would be renewed in 7 days time at N300. I have tried all the unsubscription codes I know to no avail.

I have called their customer care numbers and it seems they blacklisted my number from getting any attention as they connect me to adverts after telling me "you have to wait for about 2 minuit" several time only to wait for minutes without any response from them.

This is the effect of telling Nigerians to become entrepreneurs without constituting a regulatory body. Every body is now using MTN for business.
Re: Why Is MTN Doing This? by parrotibaba(m): 3:21pm On Oct 25, 2015
Just visit their Twitter page and get your problem resolved
Re: Why Is MTN Doing This? by Nobody: 6:58pm On Oct 25, 2015
parrotibaba:
Just visit their Twitter page and get your problem resolved

I don't do twitter.
Re: Why Is MTN Doing This? by olexjay(m): 7:21pm On Oct 25, 2015
victorels:

I don't do twitter.
try to create a twitter handle den u follow them and complain, their customer care twitter handle is @MTN180
Re: Why Is MTN Doing This? by boman2014: 8:17pm On Oct 25, 2015
victorels:
I just received a message from MTN that I have been charged N0 for musicplus and was given 150mb and that it would be be renewed in 7 days time at N300. I have tried all the unsubscription codes I know to no avail.
I have called their customer care numbers and it seems they blacklisted my number from getting any attention as they connect me to adverts after telling me "you have to wait for about 2 minuit" several time only to wait for minutes without any response from them.
This is the effect of telling Nigerians to become entrepreneurs without constituting a regulatory body. Every body is now using MTN for business.

send "STOP" to 5900
Re: Why Is MTN Doing This? by Quace(m): 8:20pm On Oct 25, 2015
visit their fb page
Re: Why Is MTN Doing This? by alexov(m): 8:30pm On Oct 25, 2015
victorels:
I just received a message from MTN that I have been charged N0 for musicplus and was given 150mb and that it would be be renewed in 7 days time at N300. I have tried all the unsubscription codes I know to no avail.

Simply send STOP to the number that sent the message to you.I think in this case it should be 5900

1 Like

Re: Why Is MTN Doing This? by Naijji: 9:37pm On Oct 25, 2015
Cancel musicplus
Stop musicplus

Send to 5900. Sure bet
Re: Why Is MTN Doing This? by solutions124: 10:25pm On Oct 25, 2015
kk
Re: Why Is MTN Doing This? by Baddestguyp(m): 1:13am On Oct 26, 2015
grin
Re: Why Is MTN Doing This? by Nobody: 7:15am On Oct 26, 2015
boman2014:

send "STOP" to 5900
alexov:

Simply send STOP to the number that sent the message to you.I think in this case it should be 5900

I have done that severally including Cancel7i to 5900. The message I got was that I do not have any active subscription.
Re: Why Is MTN Doing This? by alexov(m): 11:07am On Oct 26, 2015
victorels:

I have done that severally including Cancel7i to 5900. The message I got was that I do not have any active subscription.
Alternatively, leave your mtn account empty on the day of renewal and that'll be the end of that.

1 Like

Re: Why Is MTN Doing This? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Oct 26, 2015
alexov:

Alternatively, leave your mtn account empty on the day of renewal and that'll be the end of that.

Your Fashion Guide weekly subscription has been renewed and N50 deducted from your account. Your service will now expire on 11/02/2015 Enjoy!

This is what I just received now. I called the customer care and they said that all those in Ipulse are to enjoy this services for 4 Months and then they the charge of 50 per week would commence. I have been using this line for over one year now. I never migrated to any other package.

The scam of MTN is becoming unbearable.

I just sent PORT to 3232 to port to glo. I heard that I have to fill a form and present my ID card to glo office to complete the porting process.

Down MTN.
Re: Why Is MTN Doing This? by dominique(f): 1:48pm On Oct 26, 2015
That's your contribution towards the paying of the $5bn fine slapped on them by NCC. Kindly bear with them. Emptyhen, everywhere you go grin

https://www.nairaland.com/2691773/nigeria-fines-telecom-giant-mtn

1 Like

Re: Why Is MTN Doing This? by BreezyCB(m): 7:26pm On Oct 26, 2015
Add Em On 2GO

(1) (Reply)

How To Chat Using Bluetooth Without Data / Redmi Note 8 pro Or Xiaomi Mi A3 Or Any Other Better One In The Price Range? / Iphone 8 Showing "Iphone Is Disabled"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.