Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,064 members, 7,828,769 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

Between Lagos And Johannesburg - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Between Lagos And Johannesburg (2562 Views)

Dead Stowaway Found On Arik Air Plane In Johannesburg / Arik Air Aircraft Loses Engine Mid-Air Between Lagos & Jos / Recent Journeys Between Lagos And Osogbo, Osun State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Lagos And Johannesburg by genuinechimere(m): 8:33pm On Oct 25, 2015
Last month I was following one thread on CNN's facebook page concerning Africa's economy. The thing got to a point where some South Africans and Nigerians took it personal. Nigerians took pride in Nigeria being the giant of Africa with the largest economy. The South Africans said their country has been the largest until Nigeria took it from them and they didn't make noise about it. One South African said, if Nigeria is the giant, why are there so many Nigerians in their country. He said in fact there are few South Africans in Nigeria unlike the number of Nigerians in South Africa. They now came to comparing Cities. One South African said how she wished CNN will post pictures of Lagos and Johannesburg, let them compare. She said Johannesburg has more world class infrastructure than Lagos. The Nigerian camp disagreed. I believe Lagos is beautiful with places like V.I. I know some people here have been to both cities. Let me hear from you. Please o. Nobody should derail this thread with tribalism. Strictly stick to the topic. Thanks
Re: Between Lagos And Johannesburg by adebayo10977(m): 8:44pm On Oct 25, 2015
Lagos all d way... land of excellence. Africa's new york. Land of hope.

Eko o ni baje...

1 Like

Re: Between Lagos And Johannesburg by Miami11: 9:09pm On Oct 25, 2015
Everybody knows

Johannesburg is better,

Nigerian Gdp is oil base not diversified, plus with a population pushing about two hundred milion in a country the size of Arizona state, while most African countries have population around forty milion how do you not expect a bigger economy

And the name giant of Africa, most countries gives themselves such names, Ethiopia for instance calls itself spirit of Africa, Kenya, pride of Africa among others, I took Ethiopian and Kenyan airways and they had this all over.

Does not mean anyone outside Africa calls Nigeria Giant of Africa( which I believe is population base) I never even had of this term until I joined naira.

1 Like

Re: Between Lagos And Johannesburg by cozybunch: 4:31am On Oct 26, 2015
Miami11:
Everybody knows

Johannesburg is better,

Nigerian Gdp is oil base not diversified, plus with a population pushing about two hundred milion in a country the size of Arizona state, while most African countries have population around forty milion how do you not expect a bigger economy

And the name giant of Africa, most countries gives themselves such names, Ethiopia for instance calls itself spirit of Africa, Kenya, pride of Africa among others, I took Ethiopian and Kenyan airways and they had this all over.

Does not mean anyone outside Africa calls Nigeria Giant of Africa( which I believe is population base) I never even had of this term until I joined naira.

How can you say nigeria a country size of Arizona state. The only state in u.s that is 2.5 times bigger than nigeria is Alaska. Even texas as big as it is is not bigger than nigeria. Nigeria is 9 hundres thousand square feet plus, Arizona is 2 hundred thousand square feet plus and texas is 6 hundred thousand square feet plus.

Good Luck

3 Likes

Re: Between Lagos And Johannesburg by tpiah11: 4:44am On Oct 26, 2015
shouldn't it be Abuja and Johannesburg.
Re: Between Lagos And Johannesburg by Lucasbalo(m): 5:04am On Oct 26, 2015
cozybunch:

How can you say nigeria a country size of Arizona state. The only state in u.s that is 2.5 times bigger than nigeria is Alaska. Even texas as big as it is is not bigger than nigeria. Nigeria is 9 hundres thousand square feet plus, Arizona is 2 hundred thousand square feet plus and texas is 6 hundred thousand square feet plus.

Good Luck
You are absolutely right.
Re: Between Lagos And Johannesburg by Atmmachine(m): 6:48am On Oct 26, 2015
Point of correction.

Arizona is not bigger than Nigeria.
The only State in America that is bigger than Nigeria is Alaska.

I have a dual citizenship in both countries.

I love Nigeria & i will die for Nigeria.
In terms of beauty South Africa is way better than Nigeria. (Thanks to the white men who developed south Africa but the South Africans are so lazy, they don't work)
In terms of being civilized, the economy and wealth Nigeria is the Pride of Africa, though our leaders are fuccking up big time but Nigerians keeps getting rich

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Gibraltar Visa / Info About Amsterdam / How Is It Like To Live,work And Study In Norway As A Nigerian?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.