Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,589 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? (37760 Views)

Is It Wise For A Man To Marry A Divorcee Who Has 3 Little Kids? / 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... / Jobless Husband Beats Pregnant Wife Over Failure To Remit Monthly Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by chaziroh(m): 5:10am On Oct 27, 2015
Am getting a clearer picture of the thinking of an average Nigeria women .
Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by Nobody: 5:11am On Oct 27, 2015
Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by Nobody: 5:12am On Oct 27, 2015
Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by MDOLOFU: 5:12am On Oct 27, 2015
Na wa ooo wit some lady's response na we kw d money lover among dem
Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by princeonx: 5:24am On Oct 27, 2015
Men no let your wife (woman) be the one feeding you ohhh

We all know what happen the last time a woman (Eve) fed a man (Adam)

We all got kicked out!! cool

5 Likes

Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by Daniyomex(m): 5:25am On Oct 27, 2015
Miami11:
If she is crazy znd deranged she gives out part of her cheque.
Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by bandol(m): 5:48am On Oct 27, 2015
Janix2:
I need honest answers.
Notice this days that Women earn than men.
It is not all about giving him part but pulling all the resources together and planning adequately on them for the good of the family. Are they not one? Why shld money separate them? Dats d practice in my own family anyway.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by onadana: 5:49am On Oct 27, 2015
coolEven all of it and viceversa if the nan has earned her trust.
Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by LaRoyalHighness(f): 5:55am On Oct 27, 2015
If it rocks your boat.... Why not? When I got my first salary I decided to give my husband a part of it(to show appreciation) I had been without a job for two years and he never robbed it in for one day. He took care of me and the whole family without grumbling.

Back to the issue. He turned down the money, asked me to save it or buy something I like for my self because he doesn't care about protocols, and tradition... He doesn't care about my money.

But when they chips are down he reaches out to me and I help out.

5 Likes

Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by Cutehector(m): 5:58am On Oct 27, 2015
From most comments here, it shows that a lot of people will have issues in their marriage...

4 Likes

Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by galadima77(m): 6:01am On Oct 27, 2015
Demmocrats:
We are in 2015 not 1970 undecided
Its only a daft lady that does that

I doubt you're married
Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by galadima77(m): 6:02am On Oct 27, 2015
LaRoyalHighness:
If it rocks your boat.... Why not? When I got my first salary I decided to give my husband a part of it(to show appreciation) I had been without a job for two years and he never robbed it in for one day. He took care of me and the whole family without rumbling.

Back to the issue. He turned down the money, asked me to save it our buy something I like for my self because he doesn't care about protocols, and tradition... He doesn't care about my money.

Now, this is a reasonable woman speaking from experience

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by anumide(f): 6:07am On Oct 27, 2015
Atmmachine:
No.
It's not wise for a wife to give part of her monthly salary to her husband.

It's also not wise for a husband to give part of his monthly salary to his wife.

God forbids any husband to give money to any woman.
*sniffs* I smell sarcasm.
Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by genuinechimere(m): 6:08am On Oct 27, 2015
The man shouldn't take it. He will lose his respect

1 Like

Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by menxer: 6:14am On Oct 27, 2015
TooNoisy:
So what is he giving her husband money for?

If it is to pay part of the bills, then there is nothing wrong. If the husband can give the wife money, why can't the wife give her husband money?

Don't mind them, after they will say a woman was created a helpmate (help meet) for her man. where then is the help if/when her money is not shared with her man?

it's only needy women that sees nothing wrong in the giving/sharing being one way: always from the man to the woman.

PS:
the woman taking care of certain issues in the home without waiting for her man is still giving/sharing.
Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by Niceiroko: 6:14am On Oct 27, 2015
Ur smartness will fail u ,stop bn unwise
Demmocrats:
We are in 2015 not 1970 undecided

Its only a daft lady that does that
Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by oweman: 6:15am On Oct 27, 2015
[quote author=basille post=39395480]Is your husband not supposed to be your soul mate?
[

The husband own both the woman and her money so giving the salary in whole to the husband is the correct thing to do not part !

1 Like

Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by jhaysn: 6:17am On Oct 27, 2015
Niaja women ni.......... first it was that they don't want to be house wife anymore, and we're like okay, go out and work. Now you people are taking over the job market cus you guys have got something to give and now rendering men jobless..... Oya bring the money make we follow chop the way una the chop or own, nah wahala..... angry

4 Likes

Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by victorazy(m): 6:22am On Oct 27, 2015
It is not wise but ur eating his food and fulfilling God's word "woman be submissive and of help to ur husband"
Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by aperture11: 6:23am On Oct 27, 2015
How can you trust someone with your life but not your money? I'm not saying she should I'm just saying with trust questions like this shouldn't come up. You guys should have had this discussion while dating and ascertain what works best for you. What exactly do people discuss when they date again? There is no correct or wrong answer, it is what works for you.
Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by SleekReek(m): 6:26am On Oct 27, 2015
Why part she should give all smiley in marriage the two have become one, they were both naked and not ashamed, the problem is always when the marriage relationship has a comma,then this kind of question arises.
Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by Jwhizzy(m): 6:29am On Oct 27, 2015
A poser to everyone. What use is a woman to her husband (other than to procreate) if you cannot help him achieve your collective dreams faster than it will take him to achieve them on his own?

And we still wonder why there are so many baby mommas!

Dear Nigerian woman, ask yourself this... Do you want to be your husband's helper/better half or you want to be a dependent relative?
Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by Acidosis(m): 6:31am On Oct 27, 2015
missyadorable:
Yes o...esp with boyfriends,husband is slightly different though
cheesy
Thanks for confirming my claim
Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by Nobody: 6:32am On Oct 27, 2015
Is only lazy man that will collect her woman salary.

Real men will not do that, rather they will give the women even if her pay is over a million naira

Is the responsibility of a man to take care of his family and that include her wife

Wife can support. But not collecting part of her salary monthly.

CHECK OUT THESE:
The woman will cook for you
She will take care of the family motherly
She will give you sex
Etc
And you want to collect her part monthly salary.
The man will loose his respect. the man is just like a house boy! period.

Men in this category will quote me

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by Otes26(f): 6:34am On Oct 27, 2015
The truth is, as long as humans will always want to do things against the word of God, we should always be ready to bear the consequences. Women are not wired to help the men pay part of the bills in a marriage. That is totally the man's responsibility. Bible said the desire of the woman shall be upon the man. In order words, the woman is the responsibility of the man. Men don't begin to look for a woman to share your bills with if you want to be the head. This is a bitter truth. Men stand up to your responsibility.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by oyeezah(f): 6:34am On Oct 27, 2015
TooNoisy:
So what is he giving her husband money for?

If it is to pay part of the bills, then there is nothing wrong. If the husband can give the wife money, why can't the wife give her husband money?

exactly. i c nothing wrong in a woman helpn her husband financially as far as it is not to meet unnecessary wants. if ur husband can meet all ur family's needs all by himself, fine, but if not, help him.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by Nobody: 6:34am On Oct 27, 2015
LaRoyalHighness:
If it rocks your boat.... Why not? When I got my first salary I decided to give my husband a part of it(to show appreciation) I had been without a job for two years and he never robbed it in for one day. He took care of me and the whole family without rumbling.

Back to the issue. He turned down the money, asked me to save it our buy something I like for my self because he doesn't care about protocols, and tradition... He doesn't care about my money.

He is a real man
Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by menxer: 6:38am On Oct 27, 2015
Atmmachine:
No.
It's not wise for a wife to give part of her monthly salary to her husband.

It's also not wise for a husband to give part of his monthly salary to his wife.

God forbids any husband to give money to any woman.

yes, you are right. the only thing the vowed to share was their kpekus and blokos. grin
Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by Nobody: 6:40am On Oct 27, 2015
sihom:
I think that money should go into a joint bank account created for the purpose of funding family/household projects - but I'm a single lady what do I know.

[s] Three married women I know of have done this sort of thing on a regular basis, it led to their husbands becoming lazy and slacking off on responsibilities like paying school fees, house rent etcetera practically leaving those responsibilities to their wives to handle.

My only concern and fear is that your husband may go the way the men described above did. On the other hand another true life story of a married couple I know was different from the women above.

Tunde (not real name) was unemployed for seven years and all his attempts at business and finding a stable source of income wasn't yielding fruits. His wife (let's call her Kanwulia) on the other hand was gainfully employed and each time she received her salary she would give all of it to Tunde.

I figure she did this to honour Tunde as her husband and the head of the home. Tunde never took things for granted and always used the money wisely & prudently. No one ever knew the situation in that house for as long as it lasted not even their family & friends.

Today, Tunde & Kanwulia handle pre-marital counseling & classes at a certain church and they often share their story with intending couples.

You know your husband better than I do. Will he in the long run behave like Tunde or the other three husbands I mentioned?

A joint account thingy is what I would do in your shoes and since you earn more you can as well fund the account at a higher ratio than your husband with a caveat.

That caveat being that you are both signatories to the account and one person cannot withdraw funds without the knowledge & signature of the other. That way you are kept in the loop and aware of where your monies collectively as a couple is going to.
[/s]
Crap
Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by bolaevans: 6:40am On Oct 27, 2015
I'll advice D woman to bring D money on table and allow her husband to have the first and last say on the budget,it increases trust and love in relationships

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Wife Takes Sick Husband To Edo Hospital, Abandons Him There For Over 6 Months / What Benefits Do Married Persons Enjoy Better Than Single People? / 17 Years Of Meeting My Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.