Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,084 members, 7,818,250 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? (37785 Views)

Is It Wise For A Man To Marry A Divorcee Who Has 3 Little Kids? / 17.2% Of My Monthly Salary Goes To My Wife & Yet... / Jobless Husband Beats Pregnant Wife Over Failure To Remit Monthly Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by Ramos16(m): 8:30am On Oct 27, 2015
nawtibownie:
It depends tho. I won't give a lazy husband who's not ready to work up to half of my salary because he's definitely going to blow it up.

who ever said the husband is lazy?

PS, why is this stuff making front page, while I asked same question last week and it never made page 200
Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by IYANGBALI: 8:36am On Oct 27, 2015
vickyrotex,edwife,freeglobe,prettythicksme,mukina2,ishylove and rokiatu no go ever make dat kind mistake even in their dreams
Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by Nobody: 8:43am On Oct 27, 2015
TooNoisy:
So what is he giving her husband money for?

If it is to pay part of the bills, then there is nothing wrong. If the husband can give the wife money, why can't the wife give her husband money?

If the wife can do domestic chores, why can't the husband? grin
Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by udumosam23(m): 8:45am On Oct 27, 2015
Part? Whatever happens to all.

My wife gives me her all, then take from where it is kept and reports back every expenses she made. And if she is going to spend above 5k, then she ask first. If she needed any personal stuff she ask, which I'll always grant.

Before you call me wicked, I wasn't the one who initiated it, it started right from the time she was given her first salary, though meager, I asked to keep it, she said she can't.

I'm not saying this is ideal, but it keeps the principle of dependence. For even Christ who is equal with God, did not claim equality, but submitted himself, taking the form of a servant... (Phil 2:6-7).

It is error to give any impression that the husband is depending on the wife for whatever reason.

Hope I've made some sense.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by excellentwork: 8:53am On Oct 27, 2015
depend on the couples though

Get Your Electric Lunch Box And Toothpaste Dispenser here, Visit Signature Below
Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by Nobody: 9:02am On Oct 27, 2015
tearoses:

They are both wrong!

I don't understand it when women don't lift a finger to do anything to help with the family finances and the man is working like a jackass.
What is the point of a 40 year old man looking 55 and haggard due to stress and he drops down dead from a heart attack.

When do you even get to have fun and enjoy yourself together as a family when the man is out there 24/7 husltling.
2 heads they say is better than one. When the 2 of you put your heads & resources together things are much easier and quicker.

He was wrong for putting down an ultimatum. Its her salary at the end of the day and she has a right to spend it, what he should have done was to discuss the issue with her and advise her to save for a rainy day.
God forbid if anything happen to the man, will her family give her back all the money she gave them?
If she has extra she is better off putting it into a project as an investment for her kids.
thumbs up man!
Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by Mchuks27(m): 9:03am On Oct 27, 2015
Must Read! Julius Agwu’s Wife Opens Up On His Near Death Experience

http://www.mediahip.com/2015/10/julius-agwus-wife-opens-up.html?m=1
Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by henryhemon(m): 9:09am On Oct 27, 2015
Little kids come here and give advises,if you are grown up you will won't come here and ask that silly question,what is the difference a husband and a wife? What's special about a woman giving her husband part of her salary? Same it is easier for the man to give should be same way it is easier for the woman to give,it is called a helper not a sucker. My boss earns high figures half a million a month and is a lady and she gives it to her husband and she is proud of it and heaven hasn't fall and she is down to earth,respects even young men like us,there are kids in nairaland that thinks they are matured. A matured couple can't even bring such topic up for discussion.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by 400billionman: 9:10am On Oct 27, 2015
Janix2:
I need honest answers.
Notice this days that Women earn than men.

No need, let her use it juduciously at home to meet needs like food, childrens school fees and the rest.

Responsibility should be splitted between the partners.
Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by VickyRotex(f): 9:16am On Oct 27, 2015
IYANGBALI:
vick.yrotex,edwi.fe,fre.eglobe,prettyth.icksme,mu.kina2,ish.ylove and rokiatu no go ever make dat kind mistake even in their dreams

cheesy To dey find trouble no dey tire you? angry
Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by prettyboi1(m): 9:16am On Oct 27, 2015
There's nothing wrong. They are a couple and a family, one person's money is still the other person's moneyv technically.
Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by awa(m): 9:17am On Oct 27, 2015
nawtibownie:
It depends tho. I won't give a lazy husband who's not ready to work up to half of my salary because he's definitely going to blow it up.

If your husband is not earning up to half of your salary doesn't necessarily mean he is lazy. We should be mindful of what we say out here. Assuming you get married without a job and while in your husband house God bless you with a job paying five times your husband's salary does that mean you will not be helpful to him with cash considering the fact he was sustaining the family much earlier from that same meager salary?

Ask God for forgiveness concerning your comment above. Despite how merciful He might be God may not give us some opportunity knowing how we would arrogantly claim the glory for such favor. By strength shall no man prevail.
You are appreciated...

1 Like

Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by Larryjay4u: 9:20am On Oct 27, 2015
It actually depends on what the money is intended for. I am a living testimony of wify giving financial support. While in school my fiancee then supported my fees like twice. Other things we do together. No one spend money on anything capital and not first discuss it with the other. Today we are married. She is not fully employed while I am. Still I don't spend money without consulting her. We are close to completing our building and you won't believe she contribute reasonably to the project. Its all about the kind of family both of you desire to build. Know each other well and work together for the success of the family.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by ajepako(f): 9:22am On Oct 27, 2015
I dey craze?

My dad sponsored my first degree, I sponsored my second degree.

So, why would a husband take my hard-earned pay?

tongue tongue gba ko, steal ni..
Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by Rukkydelta(f): 9:34am On Oct 27, 2015
Adikam:
delta people claiming to be wise like imo people but after everytin they became fools.since the man can give you why not give him?.every man need to work had.note: i no call you fool but am leting you know hw you behave shikina quote me @ur own peril
Why are you this daft ? At this present age you are still a tribalist, I pity you and please what concerns my comment with I being a deltan ? If you have any misunderstanding with a person from delta don't come online to rant your aggression, am not the one that put you in your present predicament and please go and get a life cos it seems you have none
Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by Rukkydelta(f): 9:37am On Oct 27, 2015
Alezy:
the intensity t which u typed this No ehn....ah, ur husband ooooooo.
lol
Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by Rukkydelta(f): 9:37am On Oct 27, 2015
Alezy:
the intensity t which u typed this No ehn....ah, ur husband ooooooo.
hmmn
Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by Rukkydelta(f): 9:39am On Oct 27, 2015
menix:

U did get poor after 2 month buh if u use ur first child ur husband's wealth will stink..

Holla me when u ready..
Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by akyus(m): 9:46am On Oct 27, 2015
This is one reason why marriages are crashing. Women seeking instructions from different sources on how to run their homes. And even electrical appliances that have same functions and comes from same company can come with different manuals. Men are wired differently. What works well for lady A may rake havoc for lady B. Your husband is unique and you know him better than anyone. @op you know what to do.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by mitchyy(f): 9:57am On Oct 27, 2015
Rather than giving your husband the cash, join heads together and draft a budget of your combined expenses for the month and fund it, if he has no money.
Some men might feel odd collecting cash from their wives all the time.
And pls, never ever ever tell anyone about your financial situation in the home. Not even Nairaland smiley

1 Like

Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by Nobody: 10:04am On Oct 27, 2015
englishmart:
no o. [b]But it's wise for her to SIT with her legs crossed and get half of my salary
[/b]...yes wink, Englishmart, yes cool.Na so e suppose be sad sad sad. For peace to reign tongue grin grin grin
Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by nawtibownie: 10:12am On Oct 27, 2015
awa:

If your husband is not earning up to half of your salary doesn't necessarily mean he is lazy. We should be mindful of what we say out here. Assuming you get married without a job and while in your husband house God bless you with a job paying five times your husband's salary does that mean you will not be helpful to him with cash considering the fact he was sustaining the family much earlier from that same meager salary?

Ask God for forgiveness concerning your comment above. Despite how merciful He might be God may not give us some opportunity knowing how we would arrogantly claim the glory for such favor. By strength shall no man prevail.
You are appreciated...
Uncle, you didn't read this well. I'm not talking about a husband who's not earning up to my salary but a husband who is unwilling to work at all. Do you get it now?
Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by nickxtra(m): 10:23am On Oct 27, 2015
My wife refills the gas anytime it's finished. An agreement we entered into. And does occasional cooking to surprise me with her money. She saves her money or use it to buy more goods to stock her shop.
Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by ojuolu(m): 10:24am On Oct 27, 2015
sihom:
I think that money should go into a joint bank account created for the purpose of funding family/household projects - but I'm a single lady what do I know.

Three married women I know of have done this sort of thing on a regular basis, it led to their husbands becoming lazy and slacking off on responsibilities like paying school fees, house rent etcetera practically leaving those responsibilities to their wives to handle.

My only concern and fear is that your husband may go the way the men described above did. On the other hand another true life story of a married couple I know was different from the women above.

Tunde (not real name) was unemployed for seven years and all his attempts at business and finding a stable source of income wasn't yielding fruits. His wife (let's call her Kanwulia) on the other hand was gainfully employed and each time she received her salary she would give all of it to Tunde.

I figure she did this to honour Tunde as her husband and the head of the home. Tunde never took things for granted and always used the money wisely & prudently. No one ever knew the situation in that house for as long as it lasted not even their family & friends.

Today, Tunde & Kanwulia handle pre-marital counseling & classes at a certain church and they often share their story with intending couples.

You know your husband better than I do. Will he in the long run behave like Tunde or the other three husbands I mentioned?

A joint account thingy is what I would do in your shoes and since you earn more you can as well fund the account at a higher ratio than your husband with a caveat.

That caveat being that you are both signatories to the account and one person cannot withdraw funds without the knowledge & signature of the other. That way you are kept in the loop and aware of where your monies collectively as a couple is going to.
Your position is so sensible and practicable. I am a married man. I do not see the reasons why wives should not be able to have joint accounts with their spouses. I am the breadwinner of my house. My wife is out of Job for now. I share my salary into 3 after tithe. One third of it goes into home management and personal upkeep (handed over to her) another one third into savings and investment in our capital projects (also handed over to her) the final third is for personal maintenance and provision for miscellaneous expenses around the house. Unexpectedly, my wife still take up some of my responsibilities and bills from the money for her personal upkeep. I just concluded that she is one of the few women you can trust to handle your finances. Trust, understanding, giving and forgiving are still fundamental to love and family relationships. Please give the man in various form possible including opening of Joint account where both are co-signatories. It will help your family relationship in the long run. But give maturely and sensibly too.
Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by Breadfruit: 10:29am On Oct 27, 2015
tongue

1 Like

Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by creepsyme(f): 10:35am On Oct 27, 2015
One good turn deserves anoda! especially if he loves me and Zap. s . me very well.
Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by Nobody: 10:48am On Oct 27, 2015
[quote author=dearestaramide post=39403160][/quote]

And you are a fool.
Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by fexyrich(m): 10:49am On Oct 27, 2015
lilmax:
Depends on the purpose,if its important then there is nothing wrong with it......seriously which kind question be this?
Very useless question..If she doesn't give her husband money is it you she would give it to?? Abi why is she working in the first place isn't it to support the husband in home affairs and also be a bit more independent?? If a womans money doesn't benefit her immediate family at all then her working is useless..she should just sit at home as a housewife and know how it feels..Stupid question..

BTW I don't need a womans money for anything..But its only natural for a woman to support her husband in meeting some responsibilities as pertains to the home while he also funds bigger projects and responsibilites that would benefit the family..Not necessarily giving the man money but meeting some domestic needs in d home..
Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by dearestaramide: 10:52am On Oct 27, 2015
Demigods:

And you are a fool.

love you too!!! wink

1 Like

Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by fexyrich(m): 11:47am On Oct 27, 2015
Otes26:
The truth is, as long as humans will always want to do things against the word of God, we should always be ready to bear the consequences. Women are not wired to help the men pay part of the bills in a marriage. That is totally the man's responsibility. Bible said the desire of the woman shall be upon the man. In order words, the woman is the responsibility of the man. Men don't begin to look for a woman to share your bills with if you want to be the head. This is a bitter truth. Men stand up to your responsibility.
And women don't begin to frown when men say a womans place is in the bedroom and kitchen,or when men say a woman doesn't have a business being in a political office,and don't begin to clamour for gender equality with men.Cos I don't know waht the use of a woman working if she can't join forces with her husband to support the family.Not necessarily givin d man money but being a helper..

1 Like

Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by IYANGBALI: 11:54am On Oct 27, 2015
VickyRotex:

cheesy To dey find trouble no dey tire you? angry
see me looking for trouble from my yansh

Re: Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? by Dubemkelly(m): 12:12pm On Oct 27, 2015
I trust my mo'mma... She can only assist if need be. By the way, is the supposed to be an offering or donation?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I Slept On A Snake On My Bed / What Benefits Do Married Persons Enjoy Better Than Single People? / Man Marries Mother-in-law After Death Of Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.