Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,456 members, 7,843,387 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

Love Vs Marriage (religion & Compatibility) – Part 1 - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Love Vs Marriage (religion & Compatibility) – Part 1 (511 Views)

Cohabiting Vs Marriage: Six Ways Your Rights Differ / How To Determine Sexual Compatibility Without Having Sex / Love Vs Lust : 6 Creative Illustrations To Help Couples Find Their Status (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Love Vs Marriage (religion & Compatibility) – Part 1 by HelenaMag: 5:23pm On Oct 26, 2015
Love transcends all things, but then, is love enough for a marriage? For most, having a different religion, even denomination, is a big red flag to start a relationship let alone marriage.

In a case where a husband has a different religious view from the wife, it is believed that one partner will be forced to join the other religion – usually the wife. Later in the marriage, both partners will come to realize there is no common prayer/religious ground, interests will clash, they will both start questioning each other’s belief and try to win/pray the other is converted.

Questions: What would it feel like if you cherish Christmas Eve in church and you are there alone without your spouse? Or cannot attend Church marriage seminars/dinners with your spouse? What happens to your children? Whose religion would they adopt? Or will they have to shuffle between?

Many go into marriage (even when they have different religious beliefs) with strong conviction that it is no big deal not until issues surrounding their religious views start arising in the home.

Fact is, if you both love each other enough to want to be married, then one person must be willing to forgo his/her religion for the other, so there can be harmony. If you think I speak trash, then maybe I truly do, but if only you are able to answer those questions above.........

continue reading http://www.helenamag.com/2015/10/26/love-vs-marriage-religion-compatibility-part-1/

1 Like

Re: Love Vs Marriage (religion & Compatibility) – Part 1 by SmokingGunZ(m): 5:25pm On Oct 26, 2015
g
Re: Love Vs Marriage (religion & Compatibility) – Part 1 by tmxme(m): 5:39pm On Oct 26, 2015
If truly love your religion, I see no reason why you should love someone whose religion contradicts your own
Re: Love Vs Marriage (religion & Compatibility) – Part 1 by HelenaMag: 9:44am On Oct 27, 2015
tmxme:
If truly love your religion, I see no reason why you should love someone whose religion contradicts your own

That is true. But some still find themselves in this complicated situation. Read the article to find out my take on that.

(1) (Reply)

Things You Should Know About Your Vagina ... Neecey Beresford / Please, Help Me Judge This Nl.. Be Honest / Check Out This Wedding Photo From Zimbabwe...lol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.