Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,612 members, 7,816,517 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:30 PM

Corruption; Do You Agree With Some Of Our Leaders Views? Add Your Own. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Corruption; Do You Agree With Some Of Our Leaders Views? Add Your Own. (315 Views)

Jonathan Opens Up: I’m Being Investigated For Corruption By Buhari / Ministerial Screening: 3 Things Shittu Said Most Nigerians Won't Agree With / Ogbonnaya Onu's Views On The Appointment Of The SGF - Ajayi Temitope (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Corruption; Do You Agree With Some Of Our Leaders Views? Add Your Own. by hopilo: 10:16am On Oct 27, 2015
''Corruption is a wide concept and very difficult to define. If a girl after having sex with a man gets favor in return, that is corruption" - Rotimi Ameachi.

''Stealing is not corruption" - GEJ.

''I did not sign any cheque as governor, why ask me of 78 million contract that i sign no cheque'' - Fashola

''This issue of corruption is a whole thing that starts from the oath taking of public officials, if you read the content of the oath of office and the oath of allegiance which are supposed to be in line with the fulfillment of the implementation of the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria''- Sarah Jubril.

Dictionary definition
corruption
kəˈrʌpʃ(ə)n/
noun
dishonest or fraudulent conduct by those in power, typically involving bribery.
"the journalist who wants to expose corruption in high places"
synonyms: dishonesty, dishonest dealings, unscrupulousness, deceit, deception, duplicity, double-dealing, fraud, fraudulence, misconduct, lawbreaking, crime, criminality, delinquency, wrongdoing, villainy;

the process by which a word or expression is changed from its original state to one regarded as erroneous or debased.
"a record of a word's corruption"
synonyms: alteration, falsification, doctoring, manipulation, manipulating, fudging, adulteration, debasement, degradation, abuse, subversion, misrepresentation, misapplication; rare vitiation
"these figures have been subject to corruption"

''Corruption is the abuse of entrusted power for private gain. It can be classified as grand, petty and political, depending on the amounts of money lost and the sector where it occurs'' Transparency international.

Personally i like Ameachi's definition from these perspective:
1. The lecturer that sleeps with female student to give her extra scores is corrupt and the student corrupt.
2. The bank female marketer that sleep with top CEO to take get the account to her bank, is corrupt and the CEO corrupt.
3. The female that sleeps with the guys both enjoying the co-mingling and the female collects money from the guy, she is corrupt.

Nairalanders Add your views on corruption.
cc;Lalasticala
Re: Corruption; Do You Agree With Some Of Our Leaders Views? Add Your Own. by afanide: 10:41am On Oct 27, 2015
Well That's their View
Re: Corruption; Do You Agree With Some Of Our Leaders Views? Add Your Own. by tolexy007(m): 10:44am On Oct 27, 2015
cheesy..make sitdown here, dey read comment...thank God na only me dey office

(1) (Reply)

the country of western nigeria most produce all it eat to reduce poverty / "PDP Caused Nigeria's Difficulties"- Gov. Okorocha / Saraki Presents Confirmed Ministers’ List To Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.