Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:32 AM

Nigerian Senate Continues Ministerial Screening - Live Update - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Senate Continues Ministerial Screening - Live Update (26538 Views)

Senate Conducts Last Lap Of Ministerial Screening - Live Update / Day 4 Of Ministerial Nominees' Screening - Live Updates / Senate Continues Ministerial Screening - Live Update (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Senate Continues Ministerial Screening - Live Update by midolian(m): 11:06am On Oct 27, 2015
The Senate will today, October 27, continue another round of ministerial screening as more nominees are expected to answer question raised on the floor of the House. 

A little drama took centre stage at the last ministerial screening exercise after former governor of Rivers state Rotimi Amaechi kept PDP senators mum as he answered questions raised on the floor of the House.

However, eleven nominees are expected to be screened today.

The Senate on October 14, confirmed 18 ministers after day two of the ministerial screening exercise.

The 18 confirmed ministers are: Udoma Udo Udoma (Akwa Ibom state), Kayode Fayemi (Ekiti state), Audu Ogbeh (Benue state), Ogbonnaya Onu (Ebonyi state), Osagie Ehanire (Edo state), Abdulrahman Dambazau (Kano state), Lai Mohammed (Kwara state), Amina J Mohammed (Gombe state), Suleiman Adamu (Jigawa state) and Ibrahim Jibril (Nasarawa state), Babatunde Fashola (Lagos state), Dr. Ibe Kachikwu (Delta state), Abubakar Malami (Kebbi state), Chris Ngige (Anambra state), Aisha Jummai Alhassan (Taraba state), Solomon Dalong (Plateau state), Kemi Adeosun (Ogun state), Hadi Sirika (Katsina state).

Naij.com is live at the Red Chamber to bring you minute-by-minute account of the screening exercise.

10:45: Some Distinguished Senators already seated in the gallery as the atmosphere is calm going into today’s ministerial screening.

10:55: The Senate President Bukola Saraki has arrived. He exchanges hand shakes with distinguished Senators as he makes his way to his seat.

10:59: Saraki takes the Official Prayer for the day.

https://www.naij.com/619010-nigeria-senate-continues-ministerial-screening-live-update.html

Stay tuned...and keep refreshing,,,and if you are watching, you can give us updates too..thanks wink
Re: Nigerian Senate Continues Ministerial Screening - Live Update by smemud(m): 11:07am On Oct 27, 2015
Oya let go there
Re: Nigerian Senate Continues Ministerial Screening - Live Update by Dannyset(m): 11:07am On Oct 27, 2015
Those in support of the confirmation of the nominee Rotimi Amaechi say "hi" and those against it say "nay". The "Ayes" have it. Gbam!!! grin

12 Likes

Re: Nigerian Senate Continues Ministerial Screening - Live Update by zico530(m): 11:08am On Oct 27, 2015
Ok
Re: Nigerian Senate Continues Ministerial Screening - Live Update by midolian(m): 11:09am On Oct 27, 2015
UPDATES:

11:05: Senate Whip Senator Adeyeye calls for order, urges the distinguished senators to take their respective seats.

11:08: Saraki reads an announcement from President Buhari for an appointment of National Population Commission.

11:10: Senate President Bukola Saraki welcomes students of Akwa-Ibom State University who are present in the gallery to observe Senate Proceedings.

11:15: Senate Leader Ali Ndume and Clerk of the Senate moves ahead for the Presentation of Six (6) Bills facing their respective First Readings.

WATCH LIVE HERE:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPS7rHsk9WY

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Senate Continues Ministerial Screening - Live Update by Nobody: 11:10am On Oct 27, 2015
Booked for continued hearing cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Senate Continues Ministerial Screening - Live Update by OZAOEKPE(f): 11:11am On Oct 27, 2015
I've lost hope in this nation, the judiciary, legislative and the executive arm of government have gone to the almajiris. We've lost this country to the dogs, like PMB might be the last president of this zoo

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Senate Continues Ministerial Screening - Live Update by blazetitov: 11:14am On Oct 27, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
I've lost hope in this nation, the judiciary, legislative and the executive arm of government have gone to the almajiris. We've lost this country to the dogs, like PMB might be the last president of this zoo

Eeyah. Pele ti e undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

26 Likes

Re: Nigerian Senate Continues Ministerial Screening - Live Update by Dannyset(m): 11:14am On Oct 27, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
Yea! Especially the Judiciary that upheld the Delta State Guber election. grin

18 Likes

Re: Nigerian Senate Continues Ministerial Screening - Live Update by OZAOEKPE(f): 11:16am On Oct 27, 2015
blazetitov:

Who you they pele, baba e ku ni?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Senate Continues Ministerial Screening - Live Update by OZAOEKPE(f): 11:16am On Oct 27, 2015
blazetitov:

Who you they pele, baba e ku ni?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Senate Continues Ministerial Screening - Live Update by Nobody: 11:27am On Oct 27, 2015
Rotimi Amaechi, the slayer of wike got to be confirmed today. If you don't like it, go and die grin

17 Likes

Re: Nigerian Senate Continues Ministerial Screening - Live Update by crispberry(f): 11:29am On Oct 27, 2015
Make I chill here.

Oya bring popcorn and Zobo drink
Re: Nigerian Senate Continues Ministerial Screening - Live Update by aaamos(m): 11:33am On Oct 27, 2015
Ju
Re: Nigerian Senate Continues Ministerial Screening - Live Update by switesthart(f): 11:33am On Oct 27, 2015
Ghen ghen

1st time ever .. Ministerial screening don pass 1 month.

Senate been forming busy while dogara dey share comittee ...

Zombie country

All dem nominees would come and blow grammar and when dey are given portfolios .. Dem go dey do thanksgiving up and down

Please .. Make una round up this screening make we know wetin dey happen next..

Shey baba don go collect jazz for india ?

Make we see as e dey go...

In other news ..
Just one month back.. Wike was given a new acronym ..
"Sleeping governor"

Tribunal and supreme court don clear sleep from him eyes ..

Oga wike .. The evil you did in min of education would definitely come back to haunt you ..

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Senate Continues Ministerial Screening - Live Update by jaykaylegend(m): 11:33am On Oct 27, 2015
This land is not for sale
Re: Nigerian Senate Continues Ministerial Screening - Live Update by Bennyberry(m): 11:34am On Oct 27, 2015
Amaechi the man of the year
Re: Nigerian Senate Continues Ministerial Screening - Live Update by franchizy(m): 11:34am On Oct 27, 2015
OZAOEKPE:

Shut up, hypocrite. Your hate speeches for Buhari will hunt you.
According to you I say

Quote me Anywhere

17 Likes

Re: Nigerian Senate Continues Ministerial Screening - Live Update by yomalex(m): 11:34am On Oct 27, 2015
Good step
Re: Nigerian Senate Continues Ministerial Screening - Live Update by Nobody: 11:35am On Oct 27, 2015
Ashafa is good

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Senate Continues Ministerial Screening - Live Update by smemud(m): 11:36am On Oct 27, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
kill urself then...

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Senate Continues Ministerial Screening - Live Update by bettercreature(m): 11:36am On Oct 27, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
You better go and commit suicide rather than killing yourself

14 Likes

Re: Nigerian Senate Continues Ministerial Screening - Live Update by hopilo: 11:36am On Oct 27, 2015
not interesting again, Ameachi made it interesting.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Senate Continues Ministerial Screening - Live Update by ultrazone(m): 11:37am On Oct 27, 2015
Following
Re: Nigerian Senate Continues Ministerial Screening - Live Update by HawksDude(m): 11:37am On Oct 27, 2015
cool
Re: Nigerian Senate Continues Ministerial Screening - Live Update by KinkyAngela(f): 11:37am On Oct 27, 2015
When are the Heeebos finally going back to Biafra ?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Senate Continues Ministerial Screening - Live Update by modath(f): 11:37am On Oct 27, 2015
Msake den do finish
Re: Nigerian Senate Continues Ministerial Screening - Live Update by Nobody: 11:37am On Oct 27, 2015
I've lost interest

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Senate Continues Ministerial Screening - Live Update by OZAOEKPE(f): 11:37am On Oct 27, 2015
franchizy:

Shut up, hypocrite. Your hate speeches for Buhari will hunt you. According to you I say
Quote me Anywhere
Idiat, you support tinubu, I support wike. So what's your problem?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Senate Continues Ministerial Screening - Live Update by speedyGonzales: 11:38am On Oct 27, 2015
I think election tribunals should be televised across the country.
Re: Nigerian Senate Continues Ministerial Screening - Live Update by wandy4G: 11:38am On Oct 27, 2015
midolian:

https://www.naij.com/619010-nigeria-senate-continues-ministerial-screening-live-update.html

Stay tuned...and keep refreshing,,,and if you are watching, you can give us updates too..thanks wink
please keep us posted.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

For How Long Can Nigeria Wait For A President Who Is Incapacitated?- Ayo Fayose / Gov. Amaechi Observing Palm Sunday. / 12 Personalities Who Played Key Roles In June 12 Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.