Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

Day 4 Of Ministerial Nominees' Screening - Live Updates - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Day 4 Of Ministerial Nominees' Screening - Live Updates (71468 Views)

Power Failure During Ambassadorial Nominees Screening At The Senate. PICS / Nigerian Senate Continues Ministerial Screening - Live Update / Senate Continues Ministerial Screening - Live Update (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Day 4 Of Ministerial Nominees' Screening - Live Updates by midolian(m): 10:58am On Oct 22, 2015
The Senate will today, October 22, conduct another round of ministerial screening as nominees will entertain questions raised on the floor of the House.

Topping the list of ministerial nominees to be screened today is former governor of Rivers state Rotimi Amaechi.

Amaechi is the last man standing from the first batch of ministerial nominees forwarded to the Senate by President Muhammadu Buhari.

Out of the first 21 nominees from ‘batch A’, 19 have been screened while one nominee from Batch B has also been screened. With the statistics, 15 nominees from ‘batch B’, and one from the first list is yet to be quizzed.

18 ministerial nominees who have been confirmed are: Udoma Udo Udoma (Akwa Ibom state), Kayode Fayemi (Ekiti state), Audu Ogbeh (Benue state), Ogbonnaya Onu (Ebonyi state), Osagie Ehanire (Edo state), Abdulrahman Dambazau (Kano state), Lai Mohammed (Kwara state), Amina J Mohammed (Gombe state), Suleiman Adamu (Jigawa state), Ibrahim Jibril (Nasarawa state), Babatunde Fashola (Lagos state), Dr. Ibe Kachikwu (Delta state), Abubakar Malami (Kebbi state), Chris Ngige (Anambra state), Aisha Jummai Alhassan (Taraba state), Solomon Dalong (Plateau state), Kemi Adeosun (Ogun state), Hadi Sirika (Katsina state).

But President Muhammadu Buhari withdrew the name of immediate past deputy governor of Niger state, Ahmed Musa Ibeto, from the list of nominees.

It is believed that the Senate did not allow its deputy president, Ike Ekweremadu, to preside over the screening of ministerial nominees yesterday because he is of the opposition party.

The Senate plenary session was suspended yesterday as Senator Bukola Saraki is currently facing a 13-count charge bordering on false assets declaration, to which he has pleaded ‘not guilty’, but the hearing has since continued at the tribunal.

The Senate President was accompanied by about 84 of his colleagues to the tribunal on Wednesday, October 21, as the hearing was resumed and the case was further adjourned till November 5, pending the outcome of the Court of Appeal.

https://www.naij.com/613666-nigerian-senate-continues-ministerial-screening-live-update-2.html

Stay tuned...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPS7rHsk9WY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANM-dq5USTc

2 Likes

Re: Day 4 Of Ministerial Nominees' Screening - Live Updates by Nobody: 10:58am On Oct 22, 2015
Great

lalasticlala... singing today, today,the lord has answered Ameachi, today, today is the day of joy , today etc

I am happy for Amaechi....

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Day 4 Of Ministerial Nominees' Screening - Live Updates by INTROVERT(f): 10:59am On Oct 22, 2015
ok

As at last week Port Harcourt international airport was ranked as worst in the world.. I pity the ministry he is sent to... I know it won't pass special duties.

this was an obvious mistake on my part... I apologise as airports are fed govt property.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Day 4 Of Ministerial Nominees' Screening - Live Updates by Tunami(m): 11:02am On Oct 22, 2015
amaechi my man

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Day 4 Of Ministerial Nominees' Screening - Live Updates by Dannyset(m): 11:03am On Oct 22, 2015
Amaechi The Lion of Africa! I like the man gaan ni.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Day 4 Of Ministerial Nominees' Screening - Live Updates by midolian(m): 11:03am On Oct 22, 2015
- Senate president, Bukola Saraki leads the senate leadership to the chambers. The prayer is taken - @vanguardnews

- The senate has now moved into a closed session - naij

- 1/2 #Ministerial nominees to be screened include Rotimi Amaechi, Heineken lokpobiri, Claudius Daramola- @channelstv

- 2/2 other ministerial nominees are Adewole Isaac Folorunsho, Baba Shehuri Mustapha and Ocholi Onojo James- @channelstv

http://www.channelstv.com/live/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANM-dq5USTc

1 Like

Re: Day 4 Of Ministerial Nominees' Screening - Live Updates by oloyedayo(m): 11:04am On Oct 22, 2015
Confirmation of ministers, Let them finish the drama jare.
Re: Day 4 Of Ministerial Nominees' Screening - Live Updates by Firefire(m): 11:04am On Oct 22, 2015
Too much noise on this noise makers already.
Re: Day 4 Of Ministerial Nominees' Screening - Live Updates by modath(f): 11:06am On Oct 22, 2015
Lion of Ubima,

Regal & Bossy

Ijaya Wike,

Killer of PDP...

God bless you..

12 Likes

Re: Day 4 Of Ministerial Nominees' Screening - Live Updates by simongonner: 11:07am On Oct 22, 2015
OK..patiently waiting...
Re: Day 4 Of Ministerial Nominees' Screening - Live Updates by Nobody: 11:08am On Oct 22, 2015
TIME is an AGENT of REVELATION, REALIZATION and RECOVERY.....IT DEPENDS THOUGH undecided.............. thers's always a period of challenge in any investment......but if you endure, you will ripe the profit.......Amaechi I wish you a successful return on investment (RON) undecided

TrueSenator has SPOKEN! cool

2 Likes

Re: Day 4 Of Ministerial Nominees' Screening - Live Updates by Rilwayne001: 11:10am On Oct 22, 2015
Amaechi my role model.....Fayose my thug..

FFK is a bastard - Jonathan

GEJ is a clueless drunkard - FFK

grin grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2960367_2930008cqe66mdwwaakgxqpng71ae5db21c30b640de71f52db307b35f_png0bf6f4f821f19b0804996182da72c973

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Day 4 Of Ministerial Nominees' Screening - Live Updates by kelljuili(m): 11:11am On Oct 22, 2015
Will Amaechi be screened today despite been listed? that's a million dollar Question, lets findout.

1 Like

Re: Day 4 Of Ministerial Nominees' Screening - Live Updates by simplycarro: 11:12am On Oct 22, 2015
The emergency services should be ready, lot of wailers are going to have heart attacks today. cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Day 4 Of Ministerial Nominees' Screening - Live Updates by midolian(m): 11:13am On Oct 22, 2015
Rilwayne001:
No light sad
lol..same here, bro. Following on twitter,,,cable, channelstv et al
Re: Day 4 Of Ministerial Nominees' Screening - Live Updates by Nobody: 11:14am On Oct 22, 2015
These clowns have had the full list of ministerial nominees for almost 3 weeks and they have only screen barely half so far.

They need to screen all the remaining nominees today and tomorrow, so that the president can form his cabinet angry
Re: Day 4 Of Ministerial Nominees' Screening - Live Updates by GstringAngela(f): 11:14am On Oct 22, 2015
This people no get shame. Dem don go give Saraki chieftaincy title as the eze ndibo of Biafra. SMH

19 Likes

Re: Day 4 Of Ministerial Nominees' Screening - Live Updates by ziccoit: 11:14am On Oct 22, 2015
INTROVERT:
ok

As at last week Port Harcourt international airport was ranked as worst in the world.. I pity the ministry he is sent to... I know it won't pass special duties.

Amaechi or Gej. Whose property is that airport?

The man that singlehandedly prosecute and manage a campaign that reduce the largest party in Africa to a regional party is a good manager in my opinion.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Day 4 Of Ministerial Nominees' Screening - Live Updates by hob(m): 11:15am On Oct 22, 2015
We r Back

smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Day 4 Of Ministerial Nominees' Screening - Live Updates by blazetitov: 11:15am On Oct 22, 2015
Following.

Can't wait for Ameachi's Inaugural Lecture with the 'Sinators' listening like their lives depend on it.
Re: Day 4 Of Ministerial Nominees' Screening - Live Updates by Joniboi(m): 11:16am On Oct 22, 2015
Today is the D day when the lion of Ubima will put the final nail in the coffin of all the wailing wailers! tongue

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Day 4 Of Ministerial Nominees' Screening - Live Updates by itsIYKE(m): 11:16am On Oct 22, 2015
Dirty politics
Re: Day 4 Of Ministerial Nominees' Screening - Live Updates by Blackberrybabes: 11:16am On Oct 22, 2015
Amaechi's screening...

Saving the best for the last or the last for the worse?
Re: Day 4 Of Ministerial Nominees' Screening - Live Updates by oekehinde: 11:16am On Oct 22, 2015
Ameachi nko

Manage your diabetes naturally, follow this link www.surehealthoptions.com/vital5.html
Re: Day 4 Of Ministerial Nominees' Screening - Live Updates by dave2meek(m): 11:16am On Oct 22, 2015
Amaechigrin
Re: Day 4 Of Ministerial Nominees' Screening - Live Updates by asumo12: 11:16am On Oct 22, 2015
Re: Day 4 Of Ministerial Nominees' Screening - Live Updates by Trailblazer1(m): 11:16am On Oct 22, 2015
Re: Day 4 Of Ministerial Nominees' Screening - Live Updates by Rilwayne001: 11:17am On Oct 22, 2015
midolian:
lol..same here, bro. Following on twitter,,,cable, channelstv et al

I thought there is a way of streaming it live on Android? - do you have the link?
Re: Day 4 Of Ministerial Nominees' Screening - Live Updates by ddippset(m): 11:17am On Oct 22, 2015
Breaking.: Amaechi to be screened on Tuesday next week. Just read it on channelstv.com
Re: Day 4 Of Ministerial Nominees' Screening - Live Updates by laurel03(m): 11:17am On Oct 22, 2015
#teamAMAECHI.... saraki just tell slayer of PDP to take a bow and go

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

Boko Haram Leader “Abubakar Shekau” Reportedly In Government Custody / Dayo Razaq Lawal Was The Nigerian Who Retrieved Passports Of Nigerians In China / EFCC Discovers Hidden Money In Ikoyi Lagos Home (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.