Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,840 members, 7,813,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:18 PM

I Pity The New Ooni's Wife - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Pity The New Ooni's Wife (9251 Views)

Why Should I Pity The Mass Murderer @mbuhari Of 1000s Innocent Nigerians? / ‘I Pity President Buhari’ – El- Rufai / I Swear I Pity APC Politicians In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Pity The New Ooni's Wife by tpiah11: 5:37pm On Oct 27, 2015
DollyParton1:

I know what you were trying to pen down in your initial post. You just did not put it right.
Actually, his lack of male child means the throne has moved away from his own lineage for ever. A male child means, the throne might still come back to his lineage, in the 10 or more generations. It is a maybe tho.
The chance is very slim as most Yoruba thrones has many ruling houses who are entitled to the throne, and these ruling houses have couple of different royal families within them. Which keeps growing by the day.

you are confusing Yoruba culture with the western one or maybe the midwestern/northern one.

In Yorubaland, there is no rule which says a king must have, or be succeeded by a son. It can happen but it is not set in stone. Rather, the kingship is rotated among different royal families as you have seen here.

The king's daughter actually is the one who holds a very critical position, in the southwest.
Re: I Pity The New Ooni's Wife by Remii(m): 6:15pm On Oct 27, 2015
emmasege:

Not at all. I just dey imagine. Certain privileged positions come with their disadvantages.
its not a problem, he came from ruling house, he doesn't need to have a son, but his descendants may never become ooni since they wont be paternal lineage to the throne.
Re: I Pity The New Ooni's Wife by DollyParton1(f): 6:19pm On Oct 27, 2015
tpiah11:

you are confusing Yoruba culture with the western one or maybe the midwestern/northern one.

In Yorubaland, there is no rule which says a king must have, or be succeeded by a son. It can happen but it is not set in stone. Rather, the kingship is rotated among different royal families as you have seen here.

The king's daughter actually is the one who holds a very critical position, in the southwest.
lol.. the fvck did you just write?
Did u understand what I wrote at all?
Read it again, this time, slowly.

1 Like

Re: I Pity The New Ooni's Wife by emmasege: 6:21pm On Oct 27, 2015
Remii:
but his descendants may never become ooni since they wont be paternal lineage to the throne.
shouldn't that be a concern?
Re: I Pity The New Ooni's Wife by tpiah11: 6:22pm On Oct 27, 2015
emmasege:
shouldn't that be a concern?

why would it be?
Re: I Pity The New Ooni's Wife by emmasege: 6:28pm On Oct 27, 2015
tpiah11:

why would it be?
He's Ooni because his own father preserved the lineage for him. A good man thinks & plans for future generations. Not writing off his wife anyway. Who says she can't 'produce' a prince again?

1 Like

Re: I Pity The New Ooni's Wife by tpiah11: 6:31pm On Oct 27, 2015
emmasege:
He's Ooni because his own father preserved the lineage for him. A good man thinks & plans for future generations. Not writing off his wife anyway. Who says she can't 'produce' a prince again?

aren't you following all the explanations on the thread? The crown is rotatory, not hereditary.

his future generations are well cared for, that is not contingent on the gender of his kids.

in any case, he said he has an older child, so its possible people don't know the number of his children.

1 Like

Re: I Pity The New Ooni's Wife by obynaDmob(m): 6:53pm On Oct 27, 2015
He is not too handsome, he is aite! I dont think this royalty thing follow inheritance again in nigeria, might be wrong tho
Re: I Pity The New Ooni's Wife by Nobody: 7:20pm On Oct 27, 2015
dekdek:
Beremx my dear, do u desire to be the new Ooni newest wife. grin

Beremx is 47, to be 48 by february next year.
Re: I Pity The New Ooni's Wife by tpiah11: 7:23pm On Oct 27, 2015
jakumo will soon land.
Re: I Pity The New Ooni's Wife by delpee(f): 8:31pm On Oct 27, 2015
The Alake of Egba and the Olu of Ilaro didn't marry additional wives. One wife each.
Re: I Pity The New Ooni's Wife by DollyParton1(f): 9:22pm On Oct 27, 2015
emmasege:

You are the only one who does understand what I have been writing since.
Re: I Pity The New Ooni's Wife by DollyParton1(f): 9:23pm On Oct 27, 2015
delpee:
The Alake of Egba and the Olu of Ilaro didn't marry additional wives. One wife each.
Do they have sons?
Re: I Pity The New Ooni's Wife by DollyParton1(f): 9:30pm On Oct 27, 2015
The Yoruba tradition is that normally, no one can claim the right to the throne or crown through their maternal lineage. There are some exceptional cases though, but it rarely happens.
Re: I Pity The New Ooni's Wife by Raddie(m): 10:47pm On Oct 27, 2015
IyaIode:
Your wife lost? wetin consign with another woman matter
lol! iyalode ba wo lode?
Re: I Pity The New Ooni's Wife by Favolly(f): 10:53pm On Oct 27, 2015
Make I famz small...
I know the daughter, Deola. She was my school daughter #Okbye
Re: I Pity The New Ooni's Wife by Raddie(m): 10:53pm On Oct 27, 2015
Beremx:
who cares about your feelings? mtscheeew!
Didn't mean to hit a nerve, who cares anyway!
Re: I Pity The New Ooni's Wife by JoeCutie(m): 11:42pm On Oct 27, 2015
Favolly:
Make I famz small...
I know the daughter, Deola. She was my school daughter #Okbye
See your face... undecided
Re: I Pity The New Ooni's Wife by Favolly(f): 11:46pm On Oct 27, 2015
JoeCutie:
See your face... undecided
Lol! It's finer than yours tongue
Re: I Pity The New Ooni's Wife by dunkem21(m): 11:58pm On Oct 27, 2015
I know the Ooni family wella and followed the politics ..

..Many things said here is not true ..and I don't want to correct anything either ..

..Long live "Yeye" ..the man of the people grin
Re: I Pity The New Ooni's Wife by JoeCutie(m): 11:58pm On Oct 27, 2015
Favolly:
Lol! It's finer than yours tongue
Lmao! You wish... grin
You don't even have a face. You're faceless. tongue
Re: I Pity The New Ooni's Wife by Nobody: 8:22am On Oct 28, 2015
Raddie:
lol! iyalode ba wo lode?
Baa mi ode n dun o
Re: I Pity The New Ooni's Wife by shrimati(m): 11:12am On Oct 28, 2015
emmasege:
It's obvious that his son is not going to be the heir apparent to the throne. It may not even be his grandson, but his great grandson. He became the Ooni because the lineage was preserved by his grandfather & his father. It's African to think of preserving family trees through male children, how much more royal families.
My advice for single ladies: Don't take the risk of marrying a prince except you are ready to share your man with some 'Olorunsogos'.
You have a point though, but you have to take cognizance of the fact that he is not the only male from Giesi Ruling house. This lineage has been for years and can not just go into extinction just because the the crowned king has no male child.

1 Like

Re: I Pity The New Ooni's Wife by disumusa: 12:58pm On Oct 28, 2015
DollyParton1:

I know what you were trying to pen down in your initial post. You just did not put it right.
Actually, his lack of male child means the throne has moved away from his own lineage for ever. A male child means, the throne might still come back to his lineage, in the 10 or more generations. It is a maybe tho.
The chance is very slim as most Yoruba thrones has many ruling houses who are entitled to the throne, and these ruling houses have couple of different royal families/lineage within them. Which keeps growing by the day.
as he got new abobaku or is there any body to take the risk now?
Re: I Pity The New Ooni's Wife by MicroBox: 12:58pm On Oct 28, 2015
fckmn24seg:
Why u dey cry pass the olori? She complain to you? Just asking?
ode
Re: I Pity The New Ooni's Wife by Favolly(f): 3:00pm On Oct 28, 2015
JoeCutie:
Lmao! You wish... grin
You don't even have a face. You're faceless. tongue
Lol! But you said 'See your face' na? Anyway, last I checked, NL was and is still a faceless forum. So worefa tongue
Re: I Pity The New Ooni's Wife by JoeCutie(m): 4:35pm On Oct 28, 2015
Favolly:

Lol! But you said 'See your face' na?
Anyway, last I checked, NL was and is still a faceless forum. So worefa tongue
Worefa abi? Worefa abi? Okay. Until I forget my hand for your cheek now. tongue
Re: I Pity The New Ooni's Wife by Favolly(f): 10:21pm On Oct 28, 2015
JoeCutie:
Worefa abi? Worefa abi? Okay. Until I forget my hand for your cheek now. tongue
You wan sleep for police cell abi? angry
Re: I Pity The New Ooni's Wife by JoeCutie(m): 10:36pm On Oct 28, 2015
Favolly:

You wan sleep for police cell abi? angry
Police cell? Naija police abi Yankee police? grin
Re: I Pity The New Ooni's Wife by Favolly(f): 11:02pm On Oct 28, 2015
JoeCutie:
Re: I Pity The New Ooni's Wife by Favolly(f): 11:03pm On Oct 28, 2015
JoeCutie:
Naija of course! You no hear say Ooni pikin na my school daughter? The po-po will do whatever I say

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fuel Scarcity Looms As NUPENG Issues 7-day Strike Notice / "We Lagosian Are Too Soft"- Angry Lagosians React To The Lagos LP Candidate List / Attention Seun And Whoever It May Concern.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.