Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,439 members, 7,819,621 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:16 PM

Biafra - The Views Of An Igbo Boy That Did Not Experience Civil War. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra - The Views Of An Igbo Boy That Did Not Experience Civil War. (1506 Views)

The Boy That Intercepted First Suicide Bomber That Attacked Borno Mosque (Photo) / Sokoto State Has Not Experience Blackout Since On Sunday. What About Your State? / My Experienced At Bank This Morning And Why U Must Not Experience It Pls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra - The Views Of An Igbo Boy That Did Not Experience Civil War. by hopilo: 4:53pm On Oct 27, 2015
This is from one Okechukwu. Read his views.

So recent Biafran protests have got me thinking, but I have been skeptical about airing my views because of perceived reactions.

DISCLAIMER: THESE ARE PERSONAL VIEWS, AND I, IN NO WAY CLAIM SUPREMACY OF KNOWLEDGE. FOR THE "GREYS" WHO THINK I AM TOO YOUNG TO SPEAK OF THIS SUBJECT, PLEASE PERMIT THIS CHILD TO SPEAK, THEN CORRECT HIM IF HE IS WRONG. FOR IGNORANCE CAN ONLY BE KNOWN IF IT IS AIRED, AND CAN ONLY BE CORRECTED IF IT IS KNOWN.

My points are as follows:

1. According to worldometers the median age of Nigeria is 17.8, hence an "average " did not experience the civil war.

2.This is the age statistics of Nigeria as at 2014 is as follows:
0-14 years: 43.2%
15-24 years: 19.3%
25-54 years: 30.5%
55-64 years: 3.9%
65 years and over: 3.1% (indexmundi.com)
In simpler statistics 93% of Nigerians were 5 and below in 1967.

3. According to Wikipedia, youth age range is between 18-35. Hence no present day Nigerian youth saw the civil war.

My first question: since over 90% percent of us neither saw the civil war nor participated actively, and our youth were born 10 years after the war, where is all the hate and agitation from?

4. The major driving force of Biafra is the igboland, but the Biafran map includes states like Cross river, Rivers, Delta, Bayelsa and Akwa Ibom state. This makes Biafra a culturally diverse state. I am igbo and i currently live in Akwa Ibom state, and we share no similarity in custom or language. How then can we live together as "one Biafra" when we can't tolerate the cultural diversity of Nigeria.

5. The Igbo tribe would become the majority tribe in Biafra, while the others who constitute the oil producing states hence the 'rich boys' would become minority. "How can the wealth most especially that from oil be distributed, when the majority is in power and the minority have the resource?"
So therefore, a time may come when the "minority" may decide to be free, because no man wants to live in another man's shadow.

6. Igbos are generally regarded as traders, and the lifeblood of their markets like Onitsha Main market and Ariaria international market is found in Lagos seaport where most of the goods come from. In Biafra, Lagos becomes another country hence tax and import/ export levies would increase drastically and logistics would become more difficult.
The other option is to trade via the Calabar Port, Delta Port or Rivers Port at Port Harcourt, and Onne. These ports are only found in the non-igbo states, hence another potential challenge.

7. What happens to Biafrans that have their livelihood rooted deeply in non biafran states? What happens to the igbos that constitute the majority of Alaba international market?
Would naturalization take place or would they liquidate assets and return to Biafra and start afresh?

8. Finally, the question of rulership. Who rules Biafra?
Currently, most Igbo people especially those in Abia and Imo state are dissatisfied with the condition of their states. They complain of bad government, massive looting, poor infrastructures etc, and they are currently ruled by Igbo governors.
If Biafra is formed who would rule then?
I believe it would be the same people that they complain of, and as you can see the cycle of pain and complaints would continue.

Problems are fixed by inward reflections not outward projections and blame shifting.

PLEASE BEAR WITH ME, FOR A CHILD WHO DID NOT SEE THE WAR HAS SPOKEN.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra - The Views Of An Igbo Boy That Did Not Experience Civil War. by Beesluv: 4:54pm On Oct 27, 2015
hmmm
Re: Biafra - The Views Of An Igbo Boy That Did Not Experience Civil War. by coolhumble(m): 5:00pm On Oct 27, 2015
I wish everyone could think and reason.like you but unfortunately we rather have gullible and misguided youths. If you have no experience of street fight before please dont call for war.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra - The Views Of An Igbo Boy That Did Not Experience Civil War. by acenazt: 5:03pm On Oct 27, 2015
This here is wisdom from the young. I wonder if those agitating for the biafra dont reason. This is simple logic, if they get their biafra within months there will be real hardship for the Igbo nation.
Re: Biafra - The Views Of An Igbo Boy That Did Not Experience Civil War. by hummerwise(m): 5:05pm On Oct 27, 2015
maybe you are right mr op..
just wait for ur counterpart to attack your constructive point unconstructively,,,
if igbo has to go their way, it doesnt av to be tru hate and war...

and even the truth must be said, not all the igbos wants biafra...
i just hope those biafrans who seem brainwashed can see reason to think on their own instead of allowing someone who doesnt know what to be an african feels like...
Re: Biafra - The Views Of An Igbo Boy That Did Not Experience Civil War. by athaboi(f): 5:06pm On Oct 27, 2015
Useless yoruba dirty pigs that will never get tire of media lie and propaganda...thank the world now knw u guys as desprate blackmailers. Evil pple that have not solved their problm but always interested in another mans case! Ndi oku na agba befa, fa anoro na achu oke! I can now conlude that the igbos are feeding u guys and at such u guys wldnt allow them to go...u pple must go hungry
Re: Biafra - The Views Of An Igbo Boy That Did Not Experience Civil War. by dialfa: 5:06pm On Oct 27, 2015
Spoken like a real child.

The problem of all these children are not only age but also brainwash from divide and rule Britain.

When we fought the war, there was no such thing as Imo, Akwa Ibom or those nonsense states you mentioned. We were just a region fighting for survival.

Think of all permutations and you can see that we Igbos are living in the second to the worst situation we can ever be. The worst being total genocide of our race. The zoo is so bad that we'll rather pay import duties to cameroun if that's the prize of separation.

Biafra of 1967 cannot be the Biafra of today but Igbo people remain the same. We want our country. Simple.

Those that you call rich boys are a bunch of fools living in illusions of richness under their polluted lands. Those enjoying the oil wealth are northerners and their south western slaves. Their fear of Igbos has made them sell their birthright to gworo chewers. But their fear and cowardice cannot stop Igbo emancipation.

We fear no one.
We are industrious.
We can overcome all obstacles no matter how long it takes.
We are Igbos.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra - The Views Of An Igbo Boy That Did Not Experience Civil War. by Nobody: 5:06pm On Oct 27, 2015
hmmm... watch as they call you "Yoloba"
Re: Biafra - The Views Of An Igbo Boy That Did Not Experience Civil War. by fiftynaira(m): 5:26pm On Oct 27, 2015
You have spoken well
Re: Biafra - The Views Of An Igbo Boy That Did Not Experience Civil War. by itsMrIke(m): 5:35pm On Oct 27, 2015
dialfa:

The problem of all these children are not only age but also brainwash from divide and rule Britain.

When we fought the war, there was no such thing as Imo, Akwa Ibom or those nonsense states you mentioned. We were just a region fighting for survival.

Think of all permutations and you can see that we Igbos are living in the second to the worst situation we can ever be. The worst being total genocide of our race. The zoo is so bad that we'll rather pay import duties to cameroun if that's the prize of separation.

Biafra of 1967 cannot be the Biafra of today but Igbo people remain the same. We want our country. Simple.

Those that you call rich boys are a bunch of fools living in illusions of richness under their polluted lands. Those enjoying the oil wealth are northerners and their south western slaves. Their fear of Igbos has made them sell their birthright to gworo chewers. But their fear and cowardice cannot stop Igbo emancipation.

We fear no one.
We are industrious.
We are Igbos.

Clap for yourself, you have just succeeded in saying nothing of worth.
We are industrious, oya let us develop our states na.
We can overcome all obstacles yet we allow bad leaders to govern and represent us in legislative arms of government.
The OP raised valid points and asked good questions, please answer them and stop this needless chest-thumping...

oh, and yes I am Igbo

2 Likes

Re: Biafra - The Views Of An Igbo Boy That Did Not Experience Civil War. by dialfa: 6:42pm On Oct 27, 2015
itsMrIke:

Clap for yourself, you have just succeeded in saying nothing of worth.
We are industrious, oya let us develop our states na.
We can overcome all obstacles yet we allow bad leaders to govern and represent us in legislative arms of government.
The OP raised valid points and asked good questions, please answer them and stop this needless chest-thumping...

oh, and yes I am Igbo

Firstly, you cannot develop a state in a zoo, it's impossible.
Zoo governors and reps are not our leaders.
OP's point is due to brainwashing, nothing valid for anybody with critical thinking.

Some call themselves Igbos until they speak. Even Igbokwe, the ewedu eater of Lagos state still calls himself Igbo.
Re: Biafra - The Views Of An Igbo Boy That Did Not Experience Civil War. by Nobody: 6:49pm On Oct 27, 2015
Yoruba will not leAve BiafrA alone.
Re: Biafra - The Views Of An Igbo Boy That Did Not Experience Civil War. by morbeta(m): 7:05pm On Oct 27, 2015
dialfa:

We fear no one.
We are industrious.
We are Igbos.

This is 2015 and not 1967. If it where difficult to succeed than, do you think it will so easy today. For me, it indeed a brilliant post from the Op.
Re: Biafra - The Views Of An Igbo Boy That Did Not Experience Civil War. by Nobody: 7:07pm On Oct 27, 2015
@OP,
Young man,

1. It is not about the war. A little kid from Anambra scored above 60% in an exam and was denied admission into Fed Govt College. Her classmate scored less than 10% and was offered the same admision. With tears she asked her mum, "Mummy what did I do to them"?

Ever since after the war, the killings and maiming of our people by the Jihardists up north has continued unabated. Boko Haram only increased the tempo.

A situation where a man from Ogun state will come to Anambra state to impose his god-son (abi na devil-son) is not acceptable. We want to rule ourselves.

2. The problem with Nigeria is neither cultural or language difference.
It is difference of values and aspirations.

The Mohammedians up north will rather lock up their daughters in the rooms and send their sons out to the streets as almajeri. We on the other hand are ever ready to suffer hunger in order to train our children. After about 20 years of sacrifice, the child graduates and is sent to Kano for NYSC. Then sooner or later you get a message that he has been killed by angry Moslems, because Israel fired rockets into gaza.

3. Biafra will implement 100% resource control just like it is in all other civilised countries.
Besides, Biafra is not about oil wells, it is about mental adventures.
We are the China and Dubai of Africa. It is a matter of time.

4. Our people are doing business in other countries. There are Nigerians all over the world doing one thing or the other. Stop fidgeting.

5. Biafrans will decide who rules Biafra.
Unlike what we have today, where men from Katsina and Ogun state will dictate for us whom to rule over us.

6. Finally, In Biafra, we wont have Jihardists.

i wish you well.

1 Like

Re: Biafra - The Views Of An Igbo Boy That Did Not Experience Civil War. by dialfa: 8:10pm On Oct 27, 2015
morbeta:

This is 2015 and not 1967. If it where difficult to succeed than, do you think it will so easy today. For me, it indeed a brilliant post from the Op.

Only cowards think like this.
Re: Biafra - The Views Of An Igbo Boy That Did Not Experience Civil War. by morbeta(m): 8:39pm On Oct 27, 2015
dialfa:

Only cowards think like this.

Mr.Hero, its very easy to form your own country without delay. Firstly take your catapult and concrete stone like David and proceed to Aso Rock and confront Buhari to give you ur dream country. Your Nnmdi Kanu will value of freedom, peace and unity by the time he regain his freedom. He will sing the national athem like chorus in church.
Re: Biafra - The Views Of An Igbo Boy That Did Not Experience Civil War. by seunny4lif(m): 8:55pm On Oct 27, 2015
Oya, I don buy this land oooh
Beware of the poster below me angry

(1) (Reply)

PICS: Nigerian/Cameroonian Soldiers Share Bottled Water in Fight Against B/Haram / Almajiri Is Not Islamic, Sultan Declares- Leadership Newspaper / Rochas Okorocha's True Identity Finally Exposed !!!imo State Beware!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.