Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,748 members, 7,813,454 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:31 PM

5 Biblical Principles That Will Change Your Life - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Biblical Principles That Will Change Your Life (21362 Views)

5 Biblical Principles Of Fighting Addiction / 5 Biblical Reasons Why Hell Might Not Exist / The 7 Mountains; (this Will Change Your Life Forever) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Biblical Principles That Will Change Your Life by winner01(m): 9:38pm On Oct 27, 2015
For a life-transforming experience, take a look at some key Biblical principles that govern this world.

You Reap What You Sow
Believe it or not, everything you do creates a ripple effect. The seeds you plant can either spring up into life, or lead to destruction. If you frequently back out of your promises, take things that don’t belong to you, insult others, lie or cheat, you are sowing bad seeds. Bad seeds can destroy the good things in your life such as your relationships. That’s why the Bible admonishes us to sow good seeds unto righteousness, through your kind words and good deeds. In doing so, your life will be used to be a blessing to others.

Scatter and Increase
The Bible is loaded with passages about giving and this one is no exception. In Proverbs 11:24, we are told that when we give to others freely, we will increase. On the other hand, the one that “withholdeth more than is meet tendeth to poverty.” The idea is that when we give to those that have need, the Lord restores it back double-fold. These blessings may come in the form of finances, health, strength, security, peace and prosperity. However, the basis for why we give should not be with the hopes of gaining a reward, but out of love for our Father.

Wisdom is More Precious than Gold
Do you want to be wise? In the book of Proverbs, we find many good principles that can benefit us. Proverbs 8:11 is one that talks about the importance of possessing wisdom. The wisdom spoken of here can’t be found in a high-ranking institution, degree, or even position. Divine wisdom begins by sitting at Jesus’ feet. (Proverbs 9:10, Psalm 111:10) Above any earthly possession, our character is what matters most in all of Heaven. Plus, it is one treasure that won’t cost you a dime to keep.

Love your Enemies
As humans, we tend to be fairly good at loving the people that love us. But Christ’s model of love goes a whole extra ten yards. In Matthew 5:44, Christ tells us to “bless them that curse you… [and] do good to them that hate you…” Imagine how different our world would be if we followed after this wise counsel. By speaking these words, Christ was seeking to work a transformation in the hearts of its hearers. He longs to do the same today. The love Christ describes here is possible only by His strength. This is the only way we can ever learn what it means to love people everywhere, no matter what wrongs they have done to us.

Humble Yourself and You will be Exalted
God’s word plainly reveals to us that the key to greatness is humility. (James 4:10) When the Lord ordains us for a great task, He first requires us to humble ourselves and submit to the calling. And with the calling comes great responsibility. Ultimately, you are God’s vessel to carry out His greater purpose, which is to save lives. For example, think of Esther who was called to royalty to save her people (Esther 4:14), and Joseph who was promoted by God in order to save Egypt and the surrounding nations from the upcoming famine. (Genesis 41:46-57) Oftentimes, we lust after grand positions but fail to seek Christ for the character that is needed to keep us there.
This is why it becomes especially important that before seeking anything in life, we first ask God to prepare us for whatever lies ahead and request that His spirit sustain us. As well, let the Lord exalt you when He says so. Remember, you’re on His watch.

Have a blessed day,

Alexandra Yeboah

Alexandra Yeboah is a freelance writer living in Toronto, Ontario. She founded and regularly blogs for speakthewords.com ; a ministry that features testimonies and Bible-based articles.
http://faithinthenews.com/5-biblical-principles-that-will-change-your-life/

42 Likes 12 Shares

Re: 5 Biblical Principles That Will Change Your Life by winner01(m): 7:50am On Nov 01, 2015
Trust in God always brethren.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Biblical Principles That Will Change Your Life by Funminicrown: 8:11am On Nov 01, 2015
OP, ur head is there... I love dt number 4 part and that gives credence to dis prayer:
Lord, Protect Me From My Friends, I Can Take Care Of My Enemies.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Biblical Principles That Will Change Your Life by lisimmo(m): 10:25am On Nov 01, 2015
true.

1 Like

Re: 5 Biblical Principles That Will Change Your Life by winner01(m): 7:54am On Nov 08, 2015
Funminicrown:
OP, ur head is there... I love dt number 4 part and that gives credence to dis prayer:
lol
Re: 5 Biblical Principles That Will Change Your Life by winner01(m): 10:01am On Nov 15, 2015
lisimmo:
true.
yh
Re: 5 Biblical Principles That Will Change Your Life by winner01(m): 10:56pm On Nov 28, 2015
Be bold and possess
Re: 5 Biblical Principles That Will Change Your Life by winner01(m): 8:33am On Dec 20, 2015
Wisdom is the principal thing.
Re: 5 Biblical Principles That Will Change Your Life by boboLIL(m): 8:41am On Dec 20, 2015
#word
Re: 5 Biblical Principles That Will Change Your Life by winner01(m): 1:12am On Jan 10, 2016
Worship

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Biblical Principles That Will Change Your Life by winner01(m): 12:01am On Jan 17, 2016
boboLIL:
#word
smiley
Re: 5 Biblical Principles That Will Change Your Life by lekhane(m): 5:07am On Jan 17, 2016
Love is all that matters
Re: 5 Biblical Principles That Will Change Your Life by mrphysics(m): 5:21am On Jan 17, 2016
nice one op.
the person above me didn't read the topic.

EFCC arrEst him

2 Likes

Re: 5 Biblical Principles That Will Change Your Life by analice107: 1:28pm On Jan 17, 2016
Funminicrown:
Wonderful prayer point.
Re: 5 Biblical Principles That Will Change Your Life by winner01(m): 1:07am On Jan 24, 2016
mrphysics:
nice one op.

the person above me didn't read the topic.

EFCC arrEst him
grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Biblical Principles That Will Change Your Life by jamex93(m): 1:00pm On Mar 20, 2016
Lord help us all
Re: 5 Biblical Principles That Will Change Your Life by centyboy: 1:00pm On Mar 20, 2016
vanity upon vanity... cry

3 Likes

Re: 5 Biblical Principles That Will Change Your Life by OLUJOSHINS(m): 1:14pm On Mar 20, 2016
true. very true
Re: 5 Biblical Principles That Will Change Your Life by Leke001: 1:18pm On Mar 20, 2016
this is food for thought
Re: 5 Biblical Principles That Will Change Your Life by mrtantalizers(m): 1:35pm On Mar 20, 2016
d greatest is; DISLIKE WHAT GOD DISLIKES AND LOVE WHAT GOD LOVES. It's as simple that.

1 Like

Re: 5 Biblical Principles That Will Change Your Life by adebrave1(m): 1:36pm On Mar 20, 2016
Happy palm sunday
Re: 5 Biblical Principles That Will Change Your Life by banmee(m): 1:48pm On Mar 20, 2016
Apart from "LOVE YOUR ENEMIES", Every priniciple listed is what a normal human being should do to be successful irrespective of if you a christian or not. I'd rather stay the heck away from my enemies than love them.
Re: 5 Biblical Principles That Will Change Your Life by datola: 1:52pm On Mar 20, 2016
Very true!
Re: 5 Biblical Principles That Will Change Your Life by olafum1(m): 1:54pm On Mar 20, 2016
gooD
Re: 5 Biblical Principles That Will Change Your Life by Rawblings(m): 2:19pm On Mar 20, 2016
great post. Op God bless you
Re: 5 Biblical Principles That Will Change Your Life by Objectives: 2:24pm On Mar 20, 2016
Quite true,

While theism isn't a subject upon which I dwell, I still see the book of Ecclesiates as one with rare teachings of wisdom, laced with understanding and direction for the simple,

My favourite,

New International Version, Ecclesiastes 1:2

"Meaningless! Meaningless!" says the Teacher.
"Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless.".

In very few words, everything about life is summed up, and its not quite an optimistic premise as the author, though wise and insightful, strikes me as more of a pessimist,

Of all biblical texts, Ecclesiastes seems to me like a stand out book, no wishful thinking, no exaggerations about life after death, nothing to make the mind wander away in doubt, just life as it is, in simple easy-to-comprehend jewish folklore,

It is perhaps, in my opinion, the most direct and open religious piece of literature that there is.
Re: 5 Biblical Principles That Will Change Your Life by Hermanie(m): 2:26pm On Mar 20, 2016
Na wa o. Why people no want comment na

1 Like

Re: 5 Biblical Principles That Will Change Your Life by ifyan(m): 2:36pm On Mar 20, 2016
Truly truthful.
Re: 5 Biblical Principles That Will Change Your Life by NOBODYY: 2:46pm On Mar 20, 2016
Chisos! shocked
So many sinners on Nairaland...for oveer one hour just 30 comments so far shocked :

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear / Mike And Gloria Bamiloye Celebrate 30th Wedding Anniversary In Grand Style / 7 Challenges Of Christian Youths In A Compromising World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.