Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,036 members, 7,825,256 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear (21382 Views)

Plateau Christians Defy Killings, Worship In Burnt Church / "Buhari Will End Recession In 2017" - Olumba Olumba / How Is Christmas Preparations In Your Location? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by investnow2013: 7:37am On Dec 23, 2016
Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear

WRITTEN BY BLESSING IFEDIBU

Economic recession in the country notwithstanding, the commercial city of Onitsha is now bubbling with lots of activities in preparation for the Christmas and New Year celebrations.

Blessing Ifedibu who went round the city reports that people including sellers and buyers were busy at different areas.

Gaining entrance into the commercial city of Onitsha at this period of year is usually a difficult task as lots of vehicles conveying buyers and sellers struggle to catch up with time.

This no doubt, has caused increase in transport fares as a ride in tricycles popularly known as keke from Awka Road to Onitsha Main Market now costs one hundred naira as against the usual fare of fifty naira.

Motorcycle operators called Okada riders have also increased their fares with more than hundred percent.
In like manner, Christmas period is usually a period when everybody especially women want to look their best and a visit to beauty shops reveals that large number of ladies and female children all queued up waiting for their turn to have their hair done by the hairstylists..

A hair plaiter simply called Ngozi said, the hard times notwithstanding, her customers are still patronizing her in large numbers.

Little miss Nwankwo who has just finished plaiting her hair, said she preferred Akanchawa because of its simple nature and what it connotes.

Tailors and other fashion designers are not left out of the Christmas pre preparation as they were seen making frantic efforts to meet the demands of their customers.
The chief seamstress in one fashion and designing shop, Mrs Esther Chidokwa, said she received much cloth materials from her customers, listing some major styles in this year’s celebrations to include French lace and Abada combine.

Also at another fashion designers shop, the owner Mrs. Oby Eze, displayed many styles for the season such traditional and English wears.

She however regretted that some of her customers were yet to come to collect their cloths.

Commenting on the celebration regarding buying and selling, the secretary Amalgamated Market Traders Association of Anambra State, Honorable Chuma Eruchalu, called for caution as lots of bills will be waiting to be settled in January.

He praised the security outfit of the State government, saying that business now thrive due to the peaceful atmosphere in the state.

http://www.absradiotv.com/index.php/state/5997-onitsha-defy-recession-christmas-preparations-in-high-gear

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by Atiku2019: 7:38am On Dec 23, 2016
Nice wink

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by Emycord: 7:49am On Dec 23, 2016
Chukwu okike abiama is helping us to make bricks without straw in this land of captivity meanwhile the ten plagues is biting nigerians hard but in the goshen region the israelites are living life to the fullest. Despite the scorpions david is still dancing. And the lord said to the igbos behold i give you power to trample upon snakes and scorpions. Soon and very soon moses nnamdi kanu shall wield the rod of God over the river benue and niger to divide them so the children of chukwu okike abiama shall pass on dry ground unto the land promised to our great ancestor ojukwu

160 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by AgbenuAnna(f): 7:52am On Dec 23, 2016
Nigeria's will always celebrate Christmas no matter what

7 Likes

Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by Nobody: 8:02am On Dec 23, 2016
Funny enough that recession is bitting harder on those that voted for change. No matter how bad this country is, igbos can never be hungry.

167 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by Viktor1983(m): 10:33pm On Dec 23, 2016
It's all good
Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by Qmerit(m): 10:50pm On Dec 23, 2016
Misleading tittle, cause u visit Onitcha doesn't mean only there is where it's happening right now, bia visit other places where xmas is celebrated nation wide and come back for the full gist.. if u re truthful, u would be surprise Onitcha won't be in unit 1. ( 1 to 10) as the busiest for xmas palava.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by orimsamsam(m): 1:38am On Dec 24, 2016
Emycord:
Chukwu okike abiama is helping us to make bricks without straw in this land of captivity meanwhile the ten plagues is biting nigerians hard but in the goshen region the israelites are living life to the fullest Despite the scorpions david is still dancing. And the lord said to the igbos behold i give you power to trample upon snakes and scorpions. Soon and very soon moses nnamdi kanu shall wield the rod of God over the river benue and niger to divide them so the children of chukwu okike abiama shall pass on dry ground unto the land promised to our great ancestor ojukwu
pls ooo. I just want u to explain ooo. How is the ten plaques affecting Nigeria and it not affecting south east. Abi naira no dey fall against dollar for south east, or na different price them they sell petrol for south east

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by orimsamsam(m): 1:42am On Dec 24, 2016
ISDKING:
Funny enough that recession is bitting harder on those that voted for change. No matter how bad this country is, igbos can never be hungry.
lolz. So other tribes are hungry abi

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by redsun(m): 2:28am On Dec 24, 2016
A person that is resourceful can never go hungry. Nigeria is goldmine for those that can visualise.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by ZUBY77(m): 5:28am On Dec 24, 2016
People in that part of the country knows how to adapt to whatever situation that comes their way.

Like I once said on a thread here, I don't really care if
1 dollar equals
1000 naira.

Just keep the exchange rate stable and people will quickly adapt to the reality
But since he came to Power, exchange has been flying all over the place, causing all sorts of problems for citizens .

29 Likes

Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by PentiumPro(f): 6:00am On Dec 24, 2016
orimsamsam:
pls ooo. I just want u to explain ooo. How is the ten plaques affecting Nigeria and it not affecting south east. Abi naira no dey fall against dollar for south east, or na different price them they sell petrol for south east

Those clowns are weirdly funny!! grin
They see everything from the prism of their villages.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by tundafayaBuhari: 6:45am On Dec 24, 2016
Ndigbo kwenu.

16 Likes

Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by PentiumPro(f): 7:17am On Dec 24, 2016
tundafayaBuhari:
Ndigbo kwenu.

What time is it in the part of US you are?
Clown! grin
Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by PentiumPro(f): 8:42am On Dec 24, 2016
Arijude:
you think you made any sense? Mtchwww !!! Fat stinking bitcch. Big fat ugly fool.

I only report your type to mods.
Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by Arijude(m): 8:44am On Dec 24, 2016
PentiumPro:

I only report your type to mods.
I don't care !!!

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by tundafayaBuhari: 8:44am On Dec 24, 2016
PentiumPro:

What time is it in the part of US you are?
Clown! grin
I never told you that I'm in the United States, I can remember I told you my sister is in New York City. Baby girl if wanna know where I stay? Ask me and I will tell you. By the way, is that how you greet your elders?

29 Likes

Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by PentiumPro(f): 8:55am On Dec 24, 2016
tundafayaBuhari:
I never told you that I'm in the United States, I can remember I told you my sister is in New York City. Baby girl if wanna know where I stay? Ask me and I will tell you. By the way, is that how you greet your elders?

Lmao. Ok how is your village this morning?
Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by tundafayaBuhari: 8:55am On Dec 24, 2016
PentiumPro:

Those clowns are weirdly funny!! grin
They see everything from the prism of their villages.
jealousy and envy coming from enemy. Jealousy is only gonna make you broke. Akpa akpu

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by tundafayaBuhari: 9:00am On Dec 24, 2016
PentiumPro:

I know you are highly obsessed about me. My problem is that you have stretch marks. You are a fan bitche

25 Likes

Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by tundafayaBuhari: 9:03am On Dec 24, 2016
PentiumPro:

you are closer to my village than me. I am international guy

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by mightyhazell: 9:03am On Dec 24, 2016
Ndigbo will always celebrate xmas no matter what!

6 Likes

Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by PentiumPro(f): 9:04am On Dec 24, 2016
tundafayaBuhari:
you are closer to my village than me. I am international guy

Stop quoting me, I've given you enough attention already grin
Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by mightyhazell: 9:05am On Dec 24, 2016
ISDKING:
the truth is dat igbos are a v hardy specie. Igbos survived a holocaust second in proportion only 2 the one the jews suffered under hitler,...losing over a third of our population! We bound back very quickly,.. What abt a 50 year marginalisation? Igbos brushed it aside and forged on! This 'recession ' is a leisurely walk in the park for the igbos...- fact!

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by tundafayaBuhari: 9:10am On Dec 24, 2016
PentiumPro:

Stop quoting me, I've given you enough attention already grin
Lol, you are happy that a fine boy like me is talking to you. I won't call you obesity again. You are happy but I will call you Orobo fatty

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by Yyeske(m): 9:28am On Dec 24, 2016
Recession in onitsha? Not possible

6 Likes

Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by Addicted2Women: 11:50am On Dec 24, 2016

Recession in igboland ?? Impossible

We don't have hardship or recession in our dictionary

No one is poverty stricken or hungry in igboland

We don't and will never rely on the government

Igboland have the highest number of self made independent millionaires in the entire Africa

I would have killed myself if i wasn't from igboland

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by Nobody: 11:51am On Dec 24, 2016
Wait by January we go know how far. grin
Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by zainyrazze(f): 11:53am On Dec 24, 2016
Re: Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear by abumeinben(m): 11:55am On Dec 24, 2016
No Calabar carnival the year?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Vision Of Heaven And Hell: Few Questions that need answers. / Why TB Joshua Must Be Respected / Mike And Gloria Bamiloye Celebrate 30th Wedding Anniversary In Grand Style

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.