Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,658 members, 7,809,493 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:33 AM

7 Challenges Of Christian Youths In A Compromising World - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 7 Challenges Of Christian Youths In A Compromising World (21357 Views)

Historicity Of The Bible And Justification Of Christian Faith / Mike Bamiloye: Witchcraft Made Me Go Into Production Of Christian Movies / Why Do Many Christian Youths Live Double Standard Lives? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Challenges Of Christian Youths In A Compromising World by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jul 01, 2017
There is Nairaland and there is Heaven.
There is Nairaland and there is Hell as well.

Despite our online naughtiness sometimes, help us to quickly heed Your voice and obey You in all things.

My hand is like a pen of a ready writer tonight. I speak of things as touching our Christian youths. some still holding forte waiting for the Master while multitudes lost in a system which is governed by the prince of darkness himself, Satan- The father of all compromisers/backsliders.

As I write this, I want to say, it's not an easy road. Not for ANYONE. It's a challenging one.

SIN is being watered down like it's not a big deal. Yes, sin has been dealt with BUT what about your old carnal self no one else knows about?

Let's see a few ones;

1. Thinking You Can Handle The Opposite Sex Yourself.

How many times have you fallen to immorality just because you thought you could visit him and still resist his advances? Same with guys. You know you love bobby so much and all your converts are girls with very big ones. You are on a long thing. I laff you in Hebrew, Greek and Aramaic! Errrmmm....
The truth is, no girl visits "For The First time" a guy without fear that he might touch her. The thought comes due to the frailty of human nature.
Some even sleep over and still think nothing will happen.
It never works!
The Biblical advice is FLEE from all appearance of evil.

Don't visit a guy for no strong reason and when it the thing happens, they both start feeling awful. Remember Kemen and Tboss?

The wisest of girls stay away from such scene.

Once read the story of a guy who began talking to a Christian girl and he said, "Visit me, don't you trust yourself?" Her reply was simply true, "Yes, I truly don't."

2. The easy access to p*rnsites.

Let's call a spade a spade, there's hardly a Christian youth who hasn't been by affected by this, directly or indirectly. Those days, it was only sold on CDs and cassettes and how unlucky you'll be when watching it, NEPA takes the light and your parent return in the evening to put on that same CD and they see blah! Today, it can be so covered that others can play with your phone and still not see where you his those filthy nude clips. Sin is every everywhere. Indeed endemic. Christian youths must watch against it.

3. The inner appetite for instant gratification.

You wee find a young guy working in small place being paid as little as #15,000 dressing up like he owns GTBank. What! The girl uses all her salary to buy shoes and make up just to satisfy the moment. Why would a guy who earns such "balary" be dating a girl? He ends up spending all his hard-earned money on her just because of INSTANT GRATIFICATION. What's wrong with investing into yourself, thus the future?

4. The desire to feel among; not 'left behind'.

So many things have gone wrong. Mentors must be carefully chosen. It was our 'mentors'- the Westerners who came up with this statement, "Too heavenly minded that you become earthly redundant." Is that even possible? No one truly gives his all to Jesus (not religion) and lack anything, anything! You may call him a virgin and he's missing something. Pure lie! He ain't missing nothing! No earthly knowledge could ever compare to the eternal words found in the Bible.
Trying to feel among is an act of ignorance. Conforming to their ways will lead to a dead-end street. Be wise! Twenty children don't play for twenty years!

5. Being pastored by pastors who have left "The Way"

Pastors are humans as well. I hear teachings by some pastors and I wonder, Is God still ALL we need? A popular American pastor was asked, Is there a heaven for folks of other beliefs? Yes or No. He began saying, "I don't know. I can't judge them. I believe if they lead good lives they could make it, I don't know..." No assertiveness of Jesus when He said, "I (alone) AM THE WAY, THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE..."
Many churches in Nigeria are just political churches. They've left their calling long time ago. PAUL WASHER is the man for the moment. Preaching the very mind of God in these last days. His church has many youths too who want to please God, affect their generation and make heaven.

6. The unclothedness of our ladies.

I can write a book on this. It seems like Sex truly sells indeed. There is a compulsory need to expose the cleavage, at least. When cautioned they reply, "Why can't he close his eyes?"
A buxom girl will leave his house for the market wearing a light top, with no bra! Is that one not an agent of Satan? When guys starts staring at her, she starts wondering why. No brainer! Temptation everywhere!
A girl visits you for the first time and in her very mind she expects a touch so she dresses like it and when he falls to such temptation, she starts asking silly questions like, 'Where is this relationship headed?" To River Benue o! Smh! Save us Lord!

7. The Pursuit of Financial Security

The length some guys go to be financially secure can be alarming.
The love of money is indeed a devil to be feared.
Some even resort to stealing from parents just to be seen as financially independent.
You don't have to do that. Life is lived in levels. What you don't have now, you don't need now. When your time comes, you'll have them.
Stop being in a hurry to achieve financial peace. You might make the mistake of a lifetime and that might end you behind bars, your Christian title notwithstanding.

Finally; I do not write this because I'm qualified to. I write because I'm gifted/inspired to. We all have one or two areas we need to change for the best. God won't give up on us until we do. You are a work in progress. Be honest with God when you ask for Grace to live above sin/hypocrisy. He'll give us the grace. Yes He will.

Help us Lord!

53 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 7 Challenges Of Christian Youths In A Compromising World by malvisguy212: 9:17pm On Jul 01, 2017
adepeter26:
I stopped reading when I came across HEAVEN AND HELL.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5542307_trash_jpegbfbf0225f9763a2c2ff1cbbe6d0d182c

By the way, this belongs to romance
why is heaven and hell give you atheists nightmare ? you atheist call yourself freethinkers, free from all religion, but still, when you here the word HELL, its shaken your soul. free Indeed.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Challenges Of Christian Youths In A Compromising World by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jul 01, 2017
malvisguy212:
why is heaven and hell give you atheists nightmare ? you atheist call yourself freethinkers, free from all religion, but still, when you here the word HELL, its shaken your soul. free Indeed.
Nightmare you say?

LoL

Oh Lucifer, dash this bro sense small cos God doesn't give his people sense to read in-between lines

2 Likes

Re: 7 Challenges Of Christian Youths In A Compromising World by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jul 01, 2017
At the mention of thy Name, every knee shall bow, every tongue confess.....

Buhahahahahah

Some people sha

1 Like

Re: 7 Challenges Of Christian Youths In A Compromising World by malvisguy212: 9:40pm On Jul 01, 2017
adepeter26:

Nightmare you say?

LoL

Oh Lucifer, dash this bro sense small cos God doesn't give his people sense to read in-between lines
I admire your faith, you are very strong, are you sure hell does not exist ? why do you want to jeopadis your eternity ? how do you make yourself believe hell does not exist ? if you want to be an atheist, be a sincere one, don't be like the ones we see on nairaland.

1 Like

Re: 7 Challenges Of Christian Youths In A Compromising World by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jul 01, 2017
malvisguy212:
I admire your faith, you are very strong, are you sure hell does not exist ? why do you want to jeopadis your eternity ? how do you make yourself believe hell does not exist ? if you want to be an atheist, be a sincere one, don't be like the ones we see on nairaland.
cheesy cheesy

I love that hell bro

1 Like

Re: 7 Challenges Of Christian Youths In A Compromising World by malvisguy212: 10:15pm On Jul 01, 2017
adepeter26:
cheesy cheesy
I love that hell bro
alright.

1 Like

Re: 7 Challenges Of Christian Youths In A Compromising World by Nobody: 7:40am On Jul 02, 2017
The church needs to get back to Bethel: place of repentance.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Challenges Of Christian Youths In A Compromising World by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jul 02, 2017
Earth is a place of enjoyment.. enjoy to the fullest.

1 Like

Re: 7 Challenges Of Christian Youths In A Compromising World by nobleblood: 12:18pm On Jul 02, 2017
Your write is nice and well timed..giving the happening In our world.

However there is a kind of teaching that is flowing from the pulpit to the people. Almost a self exaltation. Of me v. Them. No man has ever attain rightousenes by works. That was why Christ came in the first place. we are tempted on all side this days. When you write, write in proper humility. Almighty Paul wrote. "Things I want to do, I do them not..rather those things I do not wish to do are what I find myself doing" If you have the spirit of intermidation, those "things" could be more illumunated for you.

We are not justified by works. Rather by faith. If Abraham was justify by works, the scripture says he would have something to boast off. Rather it was said if him that he (Abraham) believe God and was counted for him as rightouseness.

All have sinned and fallen shot of his glory. I do not encourage sin( should we continue in sin that grace may abound) however it please God to judge not according to our works.

On the subject of heaven, let's not get ahead o ourselves. Let's focus on earth. The kingdom Christ said is within you. Rightouseness, peace and joy. Bless are the pure in heart for they shall see God..

If we understand truth and love and practise them.

Then we have seen God.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Challenges Of Christian Youths In A Compromising World by Chuksemi(m): 12:20pm On Jul 02, 2017
This things you mentioned are sin to those who consider them so. Give love and receive love.

No one should be pressured into living a supposed holy life. Follow Christ the best way you can.
Re: 7 Challenges Of Christian Youths In A Compromising World by TheMainMan: 12:27pm On Jul 02, 2017
nice one op
Re: 7 Challenges Of Christian Youths In A Compromising World by chuks34(m): 12:31pm On Jul 02, 2017
Chuksemi:
This things you mentioned are sin to those who consider them so. Give love and receive love.

No one should be pressured into living a supposed holy life. Follow Christ the best way you can.
U can't follow Jesus Christ without being holy.
Unless you meant anti christ undecided

2 Likes

Re: 7 Challenges Of Christian Youths In A Compromising World by jericco1(m): 12:33pm On Jul 02, 2017
Nice write up
Re: 7 Challenges Of Christian Youths In A Compromising World by weedtheweeds: 12:40pm On Jul 02, 2017
good
Re: 7 Challenges Of Christian Youths In A Compromising World by Veetee(m): 12:41pm On Jul 02, 2017
The truth is always bitter but it's beneficial to those who will embrace it. One way to spot the truth is that it always comes with strong opposition and mockery. Just pray it doesn't catch up with you when it's too late.Jesus is still the only way.thanks for the write up

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Challenges Of Christian Youths In A Compromising World by Veetee(m): 12:48pm On Jul 02, 2017
The truth is always bitter but it's beneficial to those who will embrace it. One way to spot the truth is that it always comes with strong opposition and mockery. Just pray it doesn't catch up with you when it's too late.

1 Like

Re: 7 Challenges Of Christian Youths In A Compromising World by Chuksemi(m): 12:49pm On Jul 02, 2017
chuks34:

U can't follow Jesus Christ without being holy.
Unless you meant anti christ undecided

Thank You Brother. I said supposed holiness. What a fellow human says from his own limited wisdom shouldn't be a yardstick to judge who/what is holy.
Re: 7 Challenges Of Christian Youths In A Compromising World by mecussey(m): 12:56pm On Jul 02, 2017
emusmithy:

Despite our online naughtiness sometimes, help us to quickly heed Your voice and obey You in all things.

My hand is like a pen of a ready writer tonight. I speak of things as touching our Christian youths. some still holding forte waiting for the Master while multitudes lost in a system which is governed by the prince of darkness himself, Satan- The father of all compromisers/backsliders.

As I write this, I want to say, it's not an easy road. Not for ANYONE. It's a challenging one.

SIN is being watered down like it's not a big deal. Yes, sin has been dealt with BUT what about your old carnal self no one else knows about?

Let's see a few ones;

How many times have you fallen to immorality just because you thought you could visit him and still resist his advances? Same with guys. You know you love bobby so much and all your converts are girls with very big ones. You are on a long thing. I laff you in Hebrew, Greek and Aramaic! Errrmmm....
The truth is, no girl visits "For The First time" a guy without fear that he might touch her. The thought comes due to the frailty of human nature.
It never works!

Don't visit a guy for no strong reason and when it the thing happens, they both start feeling awful. Remember Kemen and Tboss?

Once read the story of a guy who began talking to a Christian girl and he said, "Visit me, don't you trust yourself?" Her reply was simply true, "Yes, I truly don't."

Let's call a spade a spade, there's hardly a Christian youth who hasn't been by affected by this, directly or indirectly. Those days, it was only sold on CDs and cassettes and how unlucky you'll be when watching it, NEPA takes the light and your parent return in the evening to put on that same CD and they see blah! Today, it can be so covered that others can play with your phone and still not see where you his those filthy nude clips. Sin is every everywhere. Indeed endemic. Christian youths must watch against it.

You wee find a young guy working in small place being paid as little as #15,000 dressing up like he owns GTBank. What! The girl uses all her salary to buy shoes and make up just to satisfy the moment. Why would a guy who earns such "balary" be dating a girl? He ends up spending all his hard-earned money on her just because of INSTANT GRATIFICATION. What's wrong with investing into yourself, thus the future?

So many things have gone wrong. Mentors must be carefully chosen. It was our 'mentors'- the Westerners who came up with this statement, "Too heavenly minded that you become earthly redundant." Is that even possible? No one truly gives his all to Jesus (not religion) and lack anything, anything! You may call him a virgin and he's missing something. Pure lie! He ain't missing nothing! No earthly knowledge could ever compare to the eternal words found in the Bible.
Trying to feel among is an act of ignorance. Conforming to their ways will lead to a dead-end street. Be wise! Twenty children don't play for twenty years!

Pastors are humans as well. I hear teachings by some pastors and I wonder, Is God still ALL we need? A popular American pastor was asked, Is there a heaven for folks of other beliefs? Yes or No. He began saying, "I don't know. I can't judge them. I believe if they lead good lives they could make it, I don't know..." No assertiveness of Jesus when He said, "I (alone) AM THE WAY, THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE..."
Many churches in Nigeria are just political churches. They've left their calling long time ago. PAUL WASHER is the man for the moment. Preaching the very mind of God in these last days. His church has many youths too who want to please God, affect their generation and make heaven.

I can write a book on this. It seems like Sex truly sells indeed. There is a compulsory need to expose the cleavage, at least. When cautioned they reply, "Why can't he close his eyes?"
A buxom girl will leave his house for the market wearing a light top, with no bra! Is that one not an agent of Satan? When guys starts staring at her, she starts wondering why. No brainer! Temptation everywhere!
A girl visits you for the first time and in her very mind she expects a touch so she dresses like it and when he falls to such temptation, she starts asking silly questions like, 'Where is this relationship headed?" To River Benue o! Smh! Save us Lord!

Some even resort to stealing from parents just to be seen as financially independent.
You don't have to do that. Life is lived in levels. What you don't have now, you don't need now. When your time comes, you'll have them.
Stop being in a hurry to achieve financial peace. You might make the mistake of a lifetime and that might end you behind bars, your Christian title notwithstanding.

Finally; I do not write this because I'm qualified to. I write because I'm gifted/inspired to. We all have one or two areas we need to change for the best. God won't give up on us until we do. You are a work in progress. Be honest with God when you ask for Grace to live above sin/hypocrisy. He'll give us the grace. Yes He will.

Help us Lord!

The only challenge i know is BIG nyash...nothing else. If not for this big nyashes, there will be no need for do or die on money issue, there will be no need for envy and jelousy...christian youths would have been very dedicated and focused.
Re: 7 Challenges Of Christian Youths In A Compromising World by Shieldjnr: 1:00pm On Jul 02, 2017
Nice one op
May God give more insight. I'm bless
Re: 7 Challenges Of Christian Youths In A Compromising World by ebosetaled22(m): 1:01pm On Jul 02, 2017
Only God can help us
Re: 7 Challenges Of Christian Youths In A Compromising World by Jeezuzpick(m): 1:04pm On Jul 02, 2017
Chuksemi:

Na so den teash u, abi?

So if you write exam anyhow and write on the answer sheet: "Dear Prof, I wrote the best way I can", what will you expect? Honestly?

Did I hear "God is not man"? OK. Why the need for judgement if God understands that you "did all you could"?

Bro, Christ is not asking you to put in your best effort. He's asking you to let Him help you. Even one of the greatest success stories of the Christian race would've been incomplete without "I can do ALL things through Christ that strengthens me".

Jesus is real. He's a person who wants in on your everyday living. No one can follow all OP has written (though it's quite correct) without His help.

PS. Atheists in the house, what are you looking for here? Mmmmmmm?

1 Like

Re: 7 Challenges Of Christian Youths In A Compromising World by alphaconde(m): 1:11pm On Jul 02, 2017
pastor regarding yahoo boiz more than genuine working youths

1 Like

Re: 7 Challenges Of Christian Youths In A Compromising World by chuks34(m): 1:12pm On Jul 02, 2017
Chuksemi:

Thank You Brother. I said supposed holiness. What a fellow human says from his own limited wisdom shouldn't be a yardstick to judge who/what is holy.
OK I thought as much.
Re: 7 Challenges Of Christian Youths In A Compromising World by Julivas(m): 1:19pm On Jul 02, 2017
Op, you have nailed it exactly on the head. May His Grace be sufficient for us, amen.
Re: 7 Challenges Of Christian Youths In A Compromising World by mytym(m): 1:22pm On Jul 02, 2017
emusmithy:

Let's see a few ones;

It never works!

Help us Lord!

God bless you for this!

Naked painful Truth garnished with humor.
Re: 7 Challenges Of Christian Youths In A Compromising World by beylinko(m): 1:25pm On Jul 02, 2017
This is indeed timely @op.i sat down few days ago and was wondering how Noah, Lot, Joseph escaped the immoralities of their world. If they could survive and not defiled, then we can. God bless you again.

4 Likes

Re: 7 Challenges Of Christian Youths In A Compromising World by gemale(m): 1:29pm On Jul 02, 2017
nobleblood:
Your write is nice and well timed..giving the happening In our world.

However there is a kind of teaching that is flowing from the pulpit to the people. Almost a self exaltation. Of me v. Them. No man has ever attain rightousenes by works. That was why Christ came in the first place. we are tempted on all side this days. When you write, write in proper humility. Almighty Paul wrote. "Things I want to do, I do them not..rather those things I do not wish to do are what I find myself doing" If you have the spirit of intermidation, those "things" could be more illumunated for you.

We are not justified by works. Rather by faith. If Abraham was justify by works, the scripture says he would have something to boast off. Rather it was said if him that he (Abraham) believe God and was counted for him as rightouseness.

All have sinned and fallen shot of his glory. I do not encourage sin( should we continue in sin that grace may abound) however it please God to judge not according to our works.

On the subject of heaven, let's not get ahead o ourselves. Let's focus on earth. The kingdom Christ said is within you. Rightouseness, peace and joy. Bless are the pure in heart for they shall see God..

If we understand truth and love and practise them.

Then we have seen God.
Truly none is justified by works however don't forget that in the book of James, it is written that faith without works is quite dead. What that means is that our works are actually the fruits of our faith & remember where the Lord Jesus Christ said that by the fruits produced, people shall be known; that a good tree doesn't produce corrupt fruits & vice versa. So while works are not the basis of our salvation, they serve as indicators of the true presence of faith in Jesus, which is the precursor of the grace through which we are saved. Works represent faith in action. Remember in Matthew 7 what the Lord said He would tell those people who don't DO the will of His Father "I know ye not; depart from me ye WORKERS of iniquity". So anyone who claims to have faith and doesn't avail 1self to the grace of God, yielding to the Holy Spirit so to bear the fruits of the Spirit & this person abounds in the WORKS of the flesh saint Paul listed in his letter to the Galatians thinking that works are not needed, that individual is conducting a grand deception on him /herself. Didn't St Paul instruct us all to WORK out our salvation in fear & trembling? Wasn't it Jesus who said that every man shall be judged by the works of his hands? Works are not bad or evil & we need to abound in good works as a testament to our faith in The Lord Jesus; what isn't good is boasting in our works (like the pharisee in the parable Jesus told) & thinking that it makes us better candidates of heaven than others.

4 Likes

Re: 7 Challenges Of Christian Youths In A Compromising World by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jul 02, 2017
I concur

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Biblical Principles That Will Change Your Life / Onitsha Defy Recession : Christmas Preparations In High Gear / Mike And Gloria Bamiloye Celebrate 30th Wedding Anniversary In Grand Style

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.