Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,453 members, 7,812,386 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:35 PM

NCC Withdraws ‘data Floor Price’ For Telecoms Operators - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / NCC Withdraws ‘data Floor Price’ For Telecoms Operators (32746 Views)

Telecoms Operators Set For Tariff Hike / NCC Explains Why The Commission Introduced Data Floor Pricing / Telecoms Operators Threaten To Shut Down Operations In Six States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NCC Withdraws ‘data Floor Price’ For Telecoms Operators by bodee(m): 7:54am On Oct 28, 2015
ouiblog:
ncc are on their own side, buh I can relate to what is s going on though, imaging mtn bringing their prices very low cause dey have enough cash to absorb the loses, oda marketers can't compete as every1 will port to mtn, d odas leave, making mtn d only 1 available, mtn increases their prices back to outrageous status, ....... na we go lose last last. ......

just speculating though smiley
you are not speculating, that's just fact as this is what happens in a capitalist world.

1 Like

Re: NCC Withdraws ‘data Floor Price’ For Telecoms Operators by free2ryhme: 7:54am On Oct 28, 2015
Bekwarra:
When will IPOB protest Nnamdi Kanu's arrest in
Lagos? Since Yeboes own Lagos, they should stage a
huge 1 million man march in Lagos nah. We are
waiting for them.

To all the yeeboes quoting me, aint gonna dignify your pathetic souls with a response. Ori gbogbo yin ti buru.

you claim to be IPOB yes you end your trash with a Yoruba translation..

You must be confused as to where you stand or about you identity
Re: NCC Withdraws ‘data Floor Price’ For Telecoms Operators by lonelydora: 7:55am On Oct 28, 2015
Bekwarra:
waiting for them.

To all the yeeboes quoting me, aint gonna dignify your pathetic souls with a response. Ori gbogbo yin ti buru.

Your case is beyond repair
Re: NCC Withdraws ‘data Floor Price’ For Telecoms Operators by Dmanky(m): 7:55am On Oct 28, 2015
Cn EFFC scrutinize d officials of NCC, their pockets r filled wt bribes 4rm ds telecommunication companies...dey is something d public does nt no abt concerning ds information.i smell dead rat some where!
Re: NCC Withdraws ‘data Floor Price’ For Telecoms Operators by Nobody: 7:59am On Oct 28, 2015
dhardline:
While Nigerians were busy cursing telecom operators for their high tariff,little did we know that our problem was the NCC.What is wrong with this country?thought the NCC are supposed to be the ones imposing on them to make this charges go lower? Am tired of Nigeria i swear. cry
when they need money,that's when you will see DEM sueing network provider up and down

Re: NCC Withdraws ‘data Floor Price’ For Telecoms Operators by Nobody: 8:00am On Oct 28, 2015
Dmanky:
Cn EFFC scrutinize d officials of NCC, their pockets r filled wt bribes 4rm ds telecommunication companies...dey is something d public does nt no abt concerning ds information.i smell dead rat some where!

Re: NCC Withdraws ‘data Floor Price’ For Telecoms Operators by 3coins(m): 8:07am On Oct 28, 2015
Bekwarra:
waiting for them.

and our tribalistic Nairaland owner and his incompetent mods have not seen this since 11.pm...ok
Re: NCC Withdraws ‘data Floor Price’ For Telecoms Operators by Blizzy9ja: 8:09am On Oct 28, 2015
Bekwarra:
waiting for them.

You are really pathetic... What has the topic got to do with IPOB and the Ibos... Am not even sure ur parents know u have started using a fone... Get a life dick-head
Re: NCC Withdraws ‘data Floor Price’ For Telecoms Operators by REDDEVILS1(m): 8:12am On Oct 28, 2015
Bekwarra:
waiting for them.

Get a life if not u and ur generation will continue being tenants to igbo men. Aturu Ocha. Otu nne gi
Re: NCC Withdraws ‘data Floor Price’ For Telecoms Operators by Dgreatsong(m): 8:12am On Oct 28, 2015
undecided
otabuko:
What i hope is that 1gb becomes 400 naira and mtn to mtn calls be 4kobo per second.....
... When una go stop to dream sef Mtchwwww
Re: NCC Withdraws ‘data Floor Price’ For Telecoms Operators by Blizzy9ja: 8:12am On Oct 28, 2015
otabuko:
What i hope is that 1gb becomes 400 naira and mtn to mtn calls be 4kobo per second.....
just for data... I think there is still a floor price for calls
Re: NCC Withdraws ‘data Floor Price’ For Telecoms Operators by chiedu7: 8:13am On Oct 28, 2015
Bekwarra:
waiting for them.

2 Likes

Re: NCC Withdraws ‘data Floor Price’ For Telecoms Operators by rabbuy(m): 8:15am On Oct 28, 2015
upsyLi:
The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) on Monday said it has withdrawn the “data floor price’’ for operators in the telecommunications industry.
“Floor price’’ is a government or group-imposed price control or the limit a price can be charged for a product to check unhealthy rivalry among players.
In a statement in Lagos, the commission said that the withdrawal was in a bid to ensure sustainability, growth and development of the data service market segment.
“However, the commission will restore the floor price if any distortion is observed within the market segment,’’ it said.
NAN reports that with the withdrawal of the price, telecommunications industry now has the permission of NCC to charge subscribers lower than the set lowest industry prices.
The regulatory body had in May 2013 imposed a price floor on telecommunications operators in the country as a means of controlling anti-competitive behaviours by operators considered to have attained the dominant status in the industry.
Such anti-competitive behaviours include charging calls within their networks much lower than what they charged for calls terminating on other networks.
With this, the operators might just be setting up calling clubs – a practice where subscribers just call those within the network of their own service providers. (NAN)
Source : www.businessnews.com.ng/2015/10/26/ncc-withdraws-data-floor-price-for-telecoms-operators/

Awonbilivit till 4gig #500 on MTN
Re: NCC Withdraws ‘data Floor Price’ For Telecoms Operators by VISTIN(m): 8:15am On Oct 28, 2015
Bekwarra:
waiting for them.

People like you don't die during protest, jsut fall off stair case and that's all.
Re: NCC Withdraws ‘data Floor Price’ For Telecoms Operators by lozanni(m): 8:18am On Oct 28, 2015
Bekwarra:
waiting for them.

Were ni ore.
What concerns IPOB with data price of Telecom companies?
It seems your schizophrenia (persecution complex) is now combined with Xenophobia (unnatural fear of strangers).
Re: NCC Withdraws ‘data Floor Price’ For Telecoms Operators by Phitocine(m): 8:29am On Oct 28, 2015
futurewise11:
I think the NCC got it wrong here.Introducing price cap is not an effective government intervention tool.Firstly, Its known in the economist world that price floor mostly benefit the supplier(Telecommunication Company).

Why not let the forces of the market determine the price?

Why not use tax as the government intervention tools?thereby generating billions of naira for the govt.

Instead they use Price floor to exploit the public and get there share from the companies.

May God help Nigeria.

Futurewise11
European School of Business
Well said.
Re: NCC Withdraws ‘data Floor Price’ For Telecoms Operators by Nobody: 8:40am On Oct 28, 2015
undercurrent:
This NCC seems to be the problem than the solution.
They blocked Mtn's magic number, trutalk + and ipulse low tarriffs just to protect the other lowsy competitors. NWhose side are they on sef?
it's for the best. It's not good when a network operator forms a club to call within at cheap rate while calling outside the network at high rate. With this new policy, the price of data will fall drastically like the way calls fell. MTN being the biggest operator are using their dominance.to charge cheaper calls within their network and higher calls outside their network
Re: NCC Withdraws ‘data Floor Price’ For Telecoms Operators by Nobody: 8:42am On Oct 28, 2015
otabuko:
for data yes but for MTN to MTN calls, that's not possible and if it's, they will be stopped
Re: NCC Withdraws ‘data Floor Price’ For Telecoms Operators by jaegermesiter: 8:44am On Oct 28, 2015
Mine doesn't wok again,pls help wit settings

Omagzee:
Booked 100%

Wetin concern me? Simple server Still d rock!!
^^the guy above me is an interpreter, the one below might be a spacebooker.
Re: NCC Withdraws ‘data Floor Price’ For Telecoms Operators by Nobody: 8:48am On Oct 28, 2015
ahckmedkosy:
I smell lies n foul play.. please this was Done to give mtel a soft landing wen they finally roll out their Data price by November. Chaii when will all these lies intended at pulling the wool over the poor Nigerians' eyes stop.
have you forgotten when NCC reduced call inter connectivity rates for network operator to pave way for a new operator like etisalat? how did you think etisalat was. able charge 25K/sec all networks then?
Re: NCC Withdraws ‘data Floor Price’ For Telecoms Operators by Zaikon(m): 8:49am On Oct 28, 2015
buoye1:
You think people will support your foolish post here? You're just a sadist with no sense of humor.. ...

Oloshiii rada rada

People like you make others rain abuses on the entire tribe
2nded
Re: NCC Withdraws ‘data Floor Price’ For Telecoms Operators by SUPOL(m): 8:56am On Oct 28, 2015
MISSNORA:
Damn
ur beauriful
Re: NCC Withdraws ‘data Floor Price’ For Telecoms Operators by Leyqute(m): 8:58am On Oct 28, 2015
It's really disheartening to read the comments on this thread. This actually means that the average Nigerians is lazy, insecure and probably has an IQ of less than 60.

The move by NCC is a good one as the competition between the telecoms company is more pronounced nowadays. Removal of the "data floor price" will definitely make data subscription competition more intense, hence cheaper plans -which is favorable for the masses. NCC also says it's willing to impose it again if things don't turn out as they should.

In my opinion, this is good news. I don't know why most people will jump to unintelligent conclusions and utter stupid things. Most of the first and second pages of this thread are filled with disjointed comments and prejudiced rantings that begs the understanding of the subject matter.

If we as Nigerians can't be civilized and sensible then there's nothing the government can do to change the nation for the better.

1 kobo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NCC Withdraws ‘data Floor Price’ For Telecoms Operators by louie3(m): 9:07am On Oct 28, 2015
i swear dis Ncc no get sense. Xo all dis suffa wey we don dey suffa na dis idiots cus am.
Re: NCC Withdraws ‘data Floor Price’ For Telecoms Operators by otabuko(m): 9:10am On Oct 28, 2015
Dgreatsong:
undecided... When una go stop to dream sef Mtchwwww
you know my elder brother sometime bought a sim card for 30k but now 30k can be used to start up sim card selling business....... I hope you understand...
Re: NCC Withdraws ‘data Floor Price’ For Telecoms Operators by otabuko(m): 9:11am On Oct 28, 2015
asuustrike2009:

for data yes but for MTN to MTN calls, that's not possible and if it's, they will be stopped
time will tell buddy....
Re: NCC Withdraws ‘data Floor Price’ For Telecoms Operators by Temmytea70(m): 9:27am On Oct 28, 2015
upsyLi:
The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) on Monday said it has withdrawn the “data floor price’’ for operators in the telecommunications industry.
“Floor price’’ is a government or group-imposed price control or the limit a price can be charged for a product to check unhealthy rivalry among players.
In a statement in Lagos, the commission said that the withdrawal was in a bid to ensure sustainability, growth and development of the data service market segment.
“However, the commission will restore the floor price if any distortion is observed within the market segment,’’ it said.
NAN reports that with the withdrawal of the price, telecommunications industry now has the permission of NCC to charge subscribers lower than the set lowest industry prices.
The regulatory body had in May 2013 imposed a price floor on telecommunications operators in the country as a means of controlling anti-competitive behaviours by operators considered to have attained the dominant status in the industry.
Such anti-competitive behaviours include charging calls within their networks much lower than what they charged for calls terminating on other networks.
With this, the operators might just be setting up calling clubs – a practice where subscribers just call those within the network of their own service providers. (NAN)
Source : www.businessnews.com.ng/2015/10/26/ncc-withdraws-data-floor-price-for-telecoms-operators/

. Pls can u explain this to lay men like me in simpler terms
Re: NCC Withdraws ‘data Floor Price’ For Telecoms Operators by ApexTitan(m): 9:38am On Oct 28, 2015
bodee:
yea, the NCC should have used taxation and not price floor. Just like what you said, price floor strengthens the super companies against the thriving ones and we subscribers we still be at the receiving end. This negates healthy competition.

What are you people talking about?

How does taxation help reduce the cost of services on the customer end?

Are the telcos not currently taxed? What makes you think if you increase their taxes thereby reducing their margins they won't transfer that increase back to the customer?
Re: NCC Withdraws ‘data Floor Price’ For Telecoms Operators by ApexTitan(m): 9:41am On Oct 28, 2015
Leyqute:
It's really disheartening to read the comments on this thread. This actually means that the average Nigerians is lazy, insecure and probably has an IQ of less than 60.

The move by NCC is a good one as the competition between the telecoms company is more pronounced nowadays. Removal of the "data floor price" will definitely make data subscription competition more intense, hence cheaper plans -which is favorable for the masses. NCC also says it's willing to impose it again if things don't turn out as they should.

In my opinion, this is good news. I don't know why most people will jump to unintelligent conclusions and utter stupid things. Most of the first and second pages of this thread are filled with disjointed comments and prejudiced rantings that begs the understanding of the subject matter.

If we as Nigerians can't be civilized and sensible then there's nothing the government can do to change the nation for the better.

1 kobo.

You got that right. The kind of thinking on show here is pathetic. A great deal of the commenters here don't know what they are saying.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

11 Things You Can Do With Your Phone's Camera Other Than Selfies / #Xenophobia: Angry Nigerian Burns His MTN Mifi / Punch Hole Vs Notch - Which Do You Prefer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.