Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,748 members, 7,817,064 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

United States Should Not Elect A Muslim President - Ben Carson - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / United States Should Not Elect A Muslim President - Ben Carson (764 Views)

Nigerians Didn’t Elect A Work-at-home President – Odumakin / "Nigerians Did Not Elect You As A Friday President" - Fayose To Buhari / This Is How The Republic Of The South South States Should Look Like (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

United States Should Not Elect A Muslim President - Ben Carson by Freegift75: 5:01am On Oct 28, 2015
www.edition.cnn.com/2015/09/20/politics/ben-carson-muslim-president-2016/

Washington (CNN)—Ben Carson says the United States should not elect a Muslim president.

"I would not advocate that we put a Muslim in charge of this nation. I absolutely would not agree with that," the
retired neurosurgeon and Republican presidential candidate said Sunday on NBC's "Meet the Press."

Carson's comment comes on the heels of GOP front-runner Donald Trump taking a question from an campaign rally attendee who said, "We have a problem in this
country; it's called Muslims."

Trump has since said he has many Muslim friends, but Sunday on CNN's "State of the Union" he added that the problem is "radical Muslims."

Carson, meanwhile, was asked Sunday whether a president's faith should matter to voters.

"I guess it depends on what that faith is," he said. "If it's inconsistent with the values and principles of America, then of course it should matter. But if it fits within the
realm of America and consistent with the Constitution, no problem."

Asked whether Islam is consistent with the Constitution, Carson said: "No, I don't -- I do not."

He said he is open, though, to voting for a Muslim for Congress.

"Congress is a different story, but it depends on who that Muslim is and what their policies are, just like it depends on what anybody else is," Carson said. "If there's somebody who is of any faith but they say things and their life has been consistent with things that will elevate this
nation and make it possible for everybody to succeed and bring peace and harmony, then I'm with them."
Re: United States Should Not Elect A Muslim President - Ben Carson by pallybrown(m): 5:03am On Oct 28, 2015
ok
Re: United States Should Not Elect A Muslim President - Ben Carson by otabuko(m): 5:50am On Oct 28, 2015
World wide problem!! Am not gonna lie every educated Muslim I've ever known had good hearts.....
Re: United States Should Not Elect A Muslim President - Ben Carson by Nature8(m): 6:35am On Oct 28, 2015
Yes! Americans should not vote Muslim, if they want peace..

1 Like

Re: United States Should Not Elect A Muslim President - Ben Carson by egift(m): 7:15am On Oct 28, 2015
This is what happens when you have Trump as an opponent - you end up leaving vital and important issues to discuss frivolities.

Team Clinton - First Female President of USA - loading...
Re: United States Should Not Elect A Muslim President - Ben Carson by PAINGAIN: 7:22am On Oct 28, 2015
otabuko:
World wide problem!! Am not gonna lie every educated Muslim I've ever known had good hearts.....
u r completely correct. Every educated moslem that I know are also peaceful.
Re: United States Should Not Elect A Muslim President - Ben Carson by Freegift75: 3:26pm On Oct 28, 2015
PAINGAIN:
u r completely correct. Every educated moslem that I know are also peaceful.

Confirmed

(1) (Reply)

What Sort Of Dumb Question Did Ashafa Ask / READ: What Senators Said Before Amaechi's Ministerial Confirmation / Dollar At The Parallel Market Is Now 229

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.