Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,869 members, 7,828,096 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

Maryland Complex Under Construction Collapsed Yesterday In Lagos - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Maryland Complex Under Construction Collapsed Yesterday In Lagos (31908 Views)

Building Under Construction Collapses In Ilorin (Photos, Video) / Two Storey Building Under Construction Collapses In Lagos (Photos) / The Dubai-fication Of Lagos - Hot New Structures Under Construction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maryland Complex Under Construction Collapsed Yesterday In Lagos by benideey(m): 9:31pm On Oct 28, 2015
Dahveydson:
Doesn't look like a collapse.

Exactly, looks like a temporary formwork failure.
Re: Maryland Complex Under Construction Collapsed Yesterday In Lagos by simdam500(m): 9:47pm On Oct 28, 2015
The op said collapse like it all went down... those are just difficulty at work...
Re: Maryland Complex Under Construction Collapsed Yesterday In Lagos by DrewMX(m): 9:59pm On Oct 28, 2015
When quality building materials are not used and the workers show negligence to the strenght of materials,the result is this...no casualties,thank God for that.
Re: Maryland Complex Under Construction Collapsed Yesterday In Lagos by Nobody: 4:30am On Oct 29, 2015
Structural perspective. From the pictures I can see, what happened here is a collapse of the formwork and falsework/shuttering. In lay man terms, the scaffolding collapsed. That has no much bearing on the structural stability of the existing structure. However, for such a huge project, if the falsework collapses then it's not a good sign.

The problem also stems from the fact that in Nigeria, not much emphasis is placed on construction engineering, constructabilty and the construction process. Most contractors do not have construction procedures that are strictly monitored because the govt agency that should monitor them don't know much abt construction.

Ps: I know a whole lot about this particular site. I won't say more than that.
Re: Maryland Complex Under Construction Collapsed Yesterday In Lagos by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:10am On Oct 29, 2015
BCISLTD:
angry are u telling me that all the posters above me can't see that was caused by a crane malfunction

Hmmm

Check out my GL 450 benz
Most go

Call or whatsapp

Nice observation. wink
Re: Maryland Complex Under Construction Collapsed Yesterday In Lagos by BCISLTD: 7:55am On Oct 29, 2015
ElFenomeno1:

People should endeavour to research more or get the right information before they spew nonsense on a public forum!!!!

Don't mind them jare...lot of kids on the forum
Re: Maryland Complex Under Construction Collapsed Yesterday In Lagos by femmyAdagba(m): 7:08pm On Jul 16, 2016
beey2:

But the construction of that Maryland is being done by a qualified engineering/construction firm.

But did u check the main person on the site wether he is a qualified Builder or Civil Engineer?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

When You Think Of The Value Of A Beach Front Home,think Of GOSHEN +2349030188831 / How Can I Please Deal With A Slanderous Neighbour? / My Tenant Refused To Park Out After His Rent Expired

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.