Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,071 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:46 AM

Despite The Deadline, Nobody Knows When The Boko Haram Battle Will End - GOWON - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Despite The Deadline, Nobody Knows When The Boko Haram Battle Will End - GOWON (772 Views)

NAF MI-35M Helicopter Gunship Records First Hit In Boko Haram Battle(video) / Photo Of Another Nigerian Soldier Killed By The Boko Haram / Aftermath Of The Boko Haram Terror In Borno Yesterday (Graphic Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Despite The Deadline, Nobody Knows When The Boko Haram Battle Will End - GOWON by hakeem4(m): 11:32am On Oct 28, 2015
A former Head of State, Gen. Yakubu Gowon, has said nobody can predict when the current insurgency ravaging the North-East geo-political zone of the country will end.

The ex-military leader said this while reacting to the December deadline in Abakaliki, the Ebonyi State capital, on Tuesday, when he led a team of Roll Back Malaria officials on an advocacy visit to Governor Dave Umahi.

According to him, the Nigerian military will do its best to meet the December deadline “but nobody can really and confidently talk about the particular time any military operation is going to end.”

May the spirits of these poor little children who are being brainwashed to carry out such heinous crimes rest in peace.
I can tell you this; nobody can really talk about when any particular operation is going to end, and as a Commander-in-chief, I know this.
Yes, you can say you target a particular time, but it may finish before that time or it may go slightly beyond. To end it, that is the most important thing.
I assure you that I have absolute confidence in our military that they are going to really deal with the situation as they are doing at the moment.

Gowon commended the successes recorded by the past administration in the fight against Boko Haram as well as President Muhammadu Buhari’s present administration efforts to wipe out the insurgents.

He urged Nigerians to pray fervently and have confidence in the military as that was the only way to encourage them.

Prayer is an alternative and the most effective weapon to defeat Boko Haram.
With prayers, God will touch their hearts to change for the better

Source: http://musicnobs.com/despite-the-deadline-nobody-knows-when-the-war-with-boko-haram-will-end-gowon/

Re: Despite The Deadline, Nobody Knows When The Boko Haram Battle Will End - GOWON by benedictnsi(m): 11:35am On Oct 28, 2015
Alright..... As it pleases una weh be leaders, we go folo
Re: Despite The Deadline, Nobody Knows When The Boko Haram Battle Will End - GOWON by chocolateme(f): 11:35am On Oct 28, 2015
True while some people are busy clinging sooooo hard on Buhari's deadline.

1 Like

Re: Despite The Deadline, Nobody Knows When The Boko Haram Battle Will End - GOWON by Nobody: 11:40am On Oct 28, 2015
It will all end soon insha'allah.

GOD bless Nigeria Army

GOD bless Nigeria.
Re: Despite The Deadline, Nobody Knows When The Boko Haram Battle Will End - GOWON by hakeem4(m): 11:43am On Oct 28, 2015
Lalasticlala
Re: Despite The Deadline, Nobody Knows When The Boko Haram Battle Will End - GOWON by suxkill: 11:43am On Oct 28, 2015
Tell Buhari to settle his boys, (BH) by paying them their pension and gratuity,that when the will calm down.

1 Share

Re: Despite The Deadline, Nobody Knows When The Boko Haram Battle Will End - GOWON by hakeem4(m): 11:46am On Oct 28, 2015
suxkill:
Tell Buhari to settle his boys, (BH) by paying them their pension and gratuity,that when the will calm down.
lmao the guy by the right graduated with first class from university of BH

1 Like

Re: Despite The Deadline, Nobody Knows When The Boko Haram Battle Will End - GOWON by lawrenceunaa: 12:52pm On Oct 28, 2015
sameer1212:
It will all end soon insha'allah.

GOD bless Nigeria Army

GOD bless Nigeria.
no so una del cut people throat an shout insha Allah my foot
Re: Despite The Deadline, Nobody Knows When The Boko Haram Battle Will End - GOWON by Nobody: 3:03pm On Oct 28, 2015
lawrenceunaa:
no so una del cut people throat an shout insha Allah my foot
Who is this wretch and starved thing
Re: Despite The Deadline, Nobody Knows When The Boko Haram Battle Will End - GOWON by lawrenceunaa: 3:41pm On Oct 28, 2015
sameer1212:
Who is this wretch and starved thing
look in the mirror u will know who got those description
Re: Despite The Deadline, Nobody Knows When The Boko Haram Battle Will End - GOWON by Nobody: 3:47pm On Oct 28, 2015
lawrenceunaa:
look in the mirror u will know who got those description
Dude, I am not responsible for wretch life, so take your frustrated life to somewhere else cos You won't get my attention. I don't waste my time with low life and id*iots like you that insults any one they come across on line... Go get a life and stop being a religion bigot

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Despite The Deadline, Nobody Knows When The Boko Haram Battle Will End - GOWON by lawrenceunaa: 6:07pm On Oct 28, 2015
sameer1212:
Dude, I am not responsible for wretch life, so take your frustrated life to somewhere else cos You won't get my attention. I don't waste my time with low life and id*iots like you that insults any one they come across on line... Go get a life and stop being a religion bigot
Re: Despite The Deadline, Nobody Knows When The Boko Haram Battle Will End - GOWON by OZAOEKPE(f): 6:17pm On Oct 28, 2015
The omoale of a gowon should go fix the fulanis that keep killing his kinsmen and not roaming about seeking for attention
Re: Despite The Deadline, Nobody Knows When The Boko Haram Battle Will End - GOWON by Okanokan(m): 6:35pm On Oct 28, 2015
That's a General talking and he knows his onions. I have said it time without number that terrorism cannot be wipe out it can only be curtailed and contained. Terrorism is an ACT and the ACT itself speaks a language to legitimate authority, particularly the type we engage in Nigeria that is laced with the three critical factor of Religion, Political, and Economic issues embodied in it.
Re: Despite The Deadline, Nobody Knows When The Boko Haram Battle Will End - GOWON by Herald47: 7:18pm On Oct 28, 2015
Since you people said biafra and boko haram are the same,why not advice buhari to;
1.impose starvation policy in that region.
2.tell the military to bomb churches,mosques,schools,markets and hospitals in that regions.
3.impose a total blockade in that region.
4.tell the military to bomb every farmland in that region.
5.tell the military to massacre every male child there,from 12 years upward.

(1) (Reply)

Photos Of Buhari Speaking At 3rd India-Africa Forum Summit Held Today+His Speech / Nigeria's Cabinet: Seven People To Watch In Buhari's Team - BBC / See What Was Said About Nigerian Politicians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.