Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,270 members, 7,839,354 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

Buhari Meets With Nigerian Community In India (Photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Meets With Nigerian Community In India (Photos) (27370 Views)

Hajiya Hadiza Is Dead! Sule Lamido's Daughter Dies In India (Photos) / Buhari Meets With Nigerian Community In China (photos) / Buhari Meets With Nigerian Community In South Africa (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Meets With Nigerian Community In India (Photos) by Tman66(m): 4:16pm On Oct 28, 2015
cheesy cheesy cheesy Nice one grin grin grin
Re: Buhari Meets With Nigerian Community In India (Photos) by Nobody: 4:17pm On Oct 28, 2015
porshuch:
Hahhahhahhahaha I thought my brothers said they will shutdown naija embassy over there. Ngwa nu see the picture presented to me.

I will say it again and again

Biafra died with Ojukwu.

Nnamdi Kanu is just making mouth. "oji onu.

EWU, They have "respect" for the office of the Presidency.... they will continue their peaceful agitation and beside nnamdi Kalu has been released today.
Re: Buhari Meets With Nigerian Community In India (Photos) by Haslil878(m): 4:17pm On Oct 28, 2015
Re: Buhari Meets With Nigerian Community In India (Photos) by Nobody: 4:17pm On Oct 28, 2015
nigeriancuban:
Lol,India has really evolved ,if it were back in the day of dramenda,you see some crazy babes and dogs dancing like their life depended on it..
Yeeeeee whats the name of that film that Boss people killed Dramenda's mum and amputated his uncle? That film that Dramenda's punches sounded like Ibon shakabula gringrin
Re: Buhari Meets With Nigerian Community In India (Photos) by fireforfire: 4:19pm On Oct 28, 2015
ok
where r all dose biafra protesters (india branch)....GMB is in town.
u can now carry ur prtest to.his doormot.
lol

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Meets With Nigerian Community In India (Photos) by Nobody: 4:20pm On Oct 28, 2015
Seungrandfather:

Pls, spare us ur lies... All mouth no action.

You see the picture they gave him..... so that he will not forget Igbos in a hurry when they run him down
He was invited by Indian PM to discuss his action wink
Re: Buhari Meets With Nigerian Community In India (Photos) by AfroKnight: 4:21pm On Oct 28, 2015
Thought some people were protesting. Seriously, Nigerians should stop working against the nation. No matter how many tribes we break into, there will be diversity.

Even the so called Biafra they are clamouring for is comprised of diverse tribes and tongues.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Meets With Nigerian Community In India (Photos) by Rotimi47: 4:21pm On Oct 28, 2015
My comment that some people only make noise & beat their chests without backing it up with action since time immemorial have been confirmed. Yeye dey smell grin

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Meets With Nigerian Community In India (Photos) by porshuch: 4:25pm On Oct 28, 2015
kaycid77:

EWU, They have "respect" for the office of the Presidency.... they will continue their peaceful agitation and beside nnamdi Kalu has been released today.
i nalue ulo gi, i kpo nna gi ewu. Bye bye and stop vomiting on my comment. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Meets With Nigerian Community In India (Photos) by fireforfire: 4:27pm On Oct 28, 2015
porshuch:
i nalue ulo gi, i kpo nna gi ewu. Bye bye and stop vomiting on my comment. grin grin grin

hehehheeee...... u r wicked.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Meets With Nigerian Community In India (Photos) by Rikidony(m): 4:27pm On Oct 28, 2015
NaijaTalkTown:
Where are the protesters that promised to burn down the embassy in New Delhi? Oh! They are on the internet grin
are u referring to the biafrud youths grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Meets With Nigerian Community In India (Photos) by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:31pm On Oct 28, 2015
Davidsylva:
my site www.coolestchris..com is far better than linda ikeji blog,check me out.

buhari is the best president of nigeria,agree or die

sheun is the next president of nigeria

india own is to be using jazz to play ball

tonyebarcanista should repent or risk been riduculed forever
Repent for wetin? Ridiculed? Who's asking you not to ridicule yourself?
Re: Buhari Meets With Nigerian Community In India (Photos) by christinie(f): 4:34pm On Oct 28, 2015
searching4lovee:
ARE THESE NOT THE SAME PEOPLE THREATENING TO CLOSE THE NIGERIAN EMBASSY IN INDIA SO THE IGBOS HAS FINALLY ACCEPTED BUHARI AS THEIR COMMANDER IN CHIEF? grin INTERESTING cool I JUST PITY THAT FOOLISH REBELLIOUS ALBINO CALLED NNAMDI KANU WHO TAUGHT HIS PEOPLE ARE BOLD ENOUGH TO CARRY OUT HIS EMPTY THREATS. THE IGBO'S HAVE ABANDONED HIM TO ROT IN DSS DUNGEON WHILE THEY PRESENT BUHARI WITH AN ARTWORK PORTRAYING THEIR SUPPORT FOR HIS ADMINISTRATION.

I'M SURE KANU ASS MUST BE GETTING WIDER BY THE DAY AFTER GETTING FUCCKED BY HO.RNY ABOKKIIS WITH 9 INCH ROD EVERY MORNING. HE IS INDEED A FOOLISH MAN FOR LEADING A FUTILE Biafra AGITATION undecided
your written English is so poor. Next time get a translator please.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Meets With Nigerian Community In India (Photos) by Nobody: 4:37pm On Oct 28, 2015
christinie:

bitcch are u pained
Re: Buhari Meets With Nigerian Community In India (Photos) by onila(f): 4:47pm On Oct 28, 2015
my sexy president smiley
Re: Buhari Meets With Nigerian Community In India (Photos) by nwajohn(m): 4:52pm On Oct 28, 2015
Do you think that this so called Nigeria community in India were not selected (or better still rented)??
Re: Buhari Meets With Nigerian Community In India (Photos) by nigeriancuban: 4:54pm On Oct 28, 2015
NaijaTalkTown:
Yeeeeee whats the name of that film that Boss people killed Dramenda's mum and amputated his uncle? That film that Dramenda's punches sounded like Ibon shakabula gringrin
lol,I wish I could remember..India were so illusioned that even a dog would revenge his master's killers,,mheen,,,,at that point one can't help but shed tears the way the dog did too..the good old days sha
Re: Buhari Meets With Nigerian Community In India (Photos) by christinie(f): 4:54pm On Oct 28, 2015
"Igbos has".

Hahahahaha nigga you need some education.
searching4lovee:

bitcch are u pained
Re: Buhari Meets With Nigerian Community In India (Photos) by porshuch: 4:57pm On Oct 28, 2015
efilefun:
The most interesting thing about this pictures is Buhari receiving a portrait of him in a IGBO attire when some "visa-less" e-biafrans were spitting all over the Internet on how they will disturb and scatter everywhere if Kanu wasn't released yesterday....lol sure they wont want to get arrested by indian police cuz once you told you gonna be deported from INDIA, you will be the one to provide your flight ticket not the government or you just die of hunger in their over populated prison.

Nnamdi Kanu was at the World Igbo Congress 2015 held in Los Angeles to ask Indigbo in diaspora for arms and ammunition, but American Igbos are smarter. Watch this and hear the questions they asked him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrilxTJkhBQ

don't mind the tout. He couldn't even raise his face and answer the question thrown to him. He is just a noise maker.

Let me tell you, no Igbo elite is in support of Biafra, only touts are agitating for Biafra.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Meets With Nigerian Community In India (Photos) by dunkem21(m): 5:04pm On Oct 28, 2015
porshuch:

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Meets With Nigerian Community In India (Photos) by azzima(m): 5:10pm On Oct 28, 2015
efilefun:
The most interesting thing about this pictures is Buhari receiving a portrait of him in a IGBO attire when some "visa-less" e-biafrans were spitting all over the Internet on how they will disturb and scatter everywhere if Kanu wasn't released yesterday....lol sure they wont want to get arrested by indian police cuz once you told you gonna be deported from INDIA, you will be the one to provide your flight ticket not the government or you just die of hunger in their over populated prison.

Nnamdi Kanu was at the World Igbo Congress 2015 held in Los Angeles to ask Indigbo in diaspora for arms and ammunition, but American Igbos are smarter. Watch this and hear the questions they asked him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrilxTJkhBQ

that's the American spirit in those igbos. They don't go for some nonsense talk. This Albino had no sensible answer to all their questions. Arms and ammunition against Nigerian Government? ??he should be in detention forever!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Meets With Nigerian Community In India (Photos) by Elkiflu: 5:20pm On Oct 28, 2015
Davidsylva:
my site www.coolestchris..com is far better than linda ikeji blog,check me out.

buhari is the best president of nigeria,agree or die

sheun is the next president of nigeria

india own is to be using jazz to play ball

tonyebarcanista should repent or risk been riduculed forever

Na who go give sheun
Re: Buhari Meets With Nigerian Community In India (Photos) by BelovedofLord: 5:21pm On Oct 28, 2015
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Or Sijuade Of Ife by
YasmiNija : 7:30am On Dec 02 , 2009
I agree more with Olumota and somewhat with saxywale. Below is my own findings regarding our Yoruba heritage:
1. 2 schools of thoughts as to the origin of our people , although both agree to a common factor - Lamurudu; and to that Yorubas came out of Arabia
- Either from Mecca: Lamurudu having 3 sons (Oduduwa, Gogobiri & Kukawa, the later 2 being founders of the Hausa tribes)
- Or from Yarba people who were early Arabian settlers between Egypt and Abyssina; and migrating inwards within Africa, passing through Sudan.
Of course, there are other romanticized versions of Oduduwa climbing down a rope from heaven to found ALL humanity – black or white. Of course we all realise by now this is incorrect.
2[b]. Lineage of Yoruba people:[/b]
- Lamurudu begat Oduduwa (+ 2 others, see above)
- Oduduwa begat an only child/son, Okanbi (aka Idekoseroake)
- Okanbi begat 7 children who can now be rightly referred to as the fathers of the 7 main Yoruba tribes, as follows (Owu, Alaketu, Benin, Orangun, Onisabe, Olupopo & Oranyan).
The Sabe & Popo people are now located in Benin Republic & Togo.
Contrary to saxywale, Oranyan WAS the last of the 7 children of Oduduwa. He only became prominent due to his intelligence, as history tells us.
3. How Oranyan (aka Odede) became important (the last shall be the first, etc, ): Oduduwa settled in Ile-Ife after migrating from Arabia/Egypt. He lived and raised his family there, following the spiritual rites of worship with idols passed on from his grandfather. Hence Ile-Ife, at the time, became known as the capital of Yorubaland. Upon his death he bequit his wealth, clothes, etc to his children according to birth. When it came to Oranyan, nothing was left except land. He got the land and he devised to charge rent from his elder brothers in order for them to remain on his (Ile-Ife) land. Hence the saying “Alaafin lo ni le”. More on this later.
4. The separation of Oranyan from Ile-Ife : As history goes, Oranyan decided to return to Mecca/Arabia to avenge his grandfather, Oduduwa. He set out from Ile-Ife. Before he left, he entrusted the royal treasures, charms, traditions and spiritual rites to his trusted servant Adimu. Because Ile-Ife was the seat of early Yoruba spiritual worship and the location of the initial gods passed down from Lamurudu, whoever ruled it was thought to be the leader of the Yoruba.
Oranyan set out on the journey with his brothers, reaching to the mouth of the River Niger. A fight ensured between them which caused them to separate. Hence, the separation (yet relative proximity) of the Benins, Sabe, Popo, etc, , to their current day locations. Oranyan on advice from the King of Ibaiba, followed a snake until it stopped at a place called Oyo Ajaka (proof of which can be found in ancient Yarba maps, from English explorers Clapperton and the Landers).
Oranyan made his abode here in Oyo Ajaka. Oranyan remained ruler of Ile-Ife from the distance, often communicating with his servant Adimu regarding rites and worship and whenever he required something from the (his) treasury. Adimu, on the other, in the absence of his master Oranyan, had gained importance in Ile-Ife as he was constantly consulted for spiritual matters across all the Yorubas. One can fairly say that Adimu the high priest is the ancestor of all the Olorisas to the Kings across Yorubaland. Therefore, the role of Adimu is not a tribal one but an overall Yoruba nation one.
Oranyan died in Oyo, but he has a grave in Ile-Ife, as is the usual Yoruba tradition to send back the remains or parts of the deceased to his ancestral land.
5. The current day Yoruba tribes of Nigeria : (Note the phrase “…of Nigeria”, as there are other Yoruba tribes across Africa in Sierra Leone, Benin, Togo, and some parts of Ghana).
The current day Yorubas of Nigeria are divided into 4 descendants of Oranyan –
a) Ekun Otun, found west of Oyo, to the right of River Ogun all the way to Iberekodo, comprising Saki, Iseyin, Eruwa, etc… These descendants are called the Ibarapas in general.
b) Ekun Osi, found east of Oyo, comprising Kihisi, Igboho, Ilorin, Irawo, Iwere, Ogbomoso, the Igbonas, etc… These descendants are generally referred to as the proper Yoruba tribes, being closely linked to settlement of Oranyan, and maintaining the purity of the language and rites as performed in his days.
c) Ibolo, comprising Ede, Iresa, Ofa, Oyan, Okuku, Ikirun, Osogbo, Ilobu, Ede, Ejigbo, etc…
d) Epo, comprising Iwo, Ilora, Fiditi, Awe, Ago Oja, and much more recenty Ibadan, Ijaye and the Egbas
So, what about the other people we call yorubas today in Nigeria – the Ijeshas, the Ondos, Ekitis, Ijebus, Aworis, etc…? Well this is a discussion for another day.
In conclusion, one can make the following summation:
- Oduduwa settled in Ile-Ife and became (as it were) the first Ooni of Ile-Ife.
- The Alaafins (of Oyo) are true and direct descendants of Oduduwa. For the kings with direct lineage to Oduduwa, this is important for deciding kingship. However, it is important to note that in some other yoruba traditions, kings do not have to be direct descendants by lineage, as in the case of Ile-Ife, who allowed Oduduwa (a foreigner) become King over them.
- After the departure of Oranyan to Oyo, he continued his royal reign in Oyo, becoming the Alaafin of Oyo as well as the Ooni of Ile-Ife at the same point in history, and quite rightly so, being the grandchild of Oduduwa.
- Upon the death of Oranyan in Oyo, the decision had to be made regarding the impractically of having a “long distance king” ruling from Oyo. So, a custodian was appointed to preside over Ile-Ife, and who better than the descendants of Adimu, who were already well respected at the time being the Olorisas, and keepers of the rituals, treasury and oratory of the gods. And anyway the Ile-Ife people were never known to be big on hereditary kingship – whoever was fit and able was welcome to lead.
- Thus, it is my submission that the Oonis of Ile-Ife have been the descendants of Adimu the Olorisas instead of being direct descendant of Oduduwa. The Oonis became viewed as brothers to the Oranyan descendants only because such is the Yoruba tradition (family are the people we grow up with in the same household – including servants).
- Therefore, the Alaafins of Oyo are the paramount kings and rulers of the yorubas. However, the Oonis of Ile-Ife (the “chosen’ ancestral home of Oduduwa) are also important in Yoruba culture being the custodians of all things spiritual and traditional, in particular the gods and ceremonial artifacts.
Who is therefore number 1? I humbly submit that they are both very important depending on how it is considered. For direct lineage to Oduduwa (the Alaafin); for custodial priviledges to Yoruba gods, traditions and artifacts (the Ooni).
The British (as it was in their own tradition), recognized lineage as meaning supremacy and legitimacy, preferring to sign treaties with the Alaafin. However, as is true even today, money talks, and the custodian of the treasury wields enormous power too. He could decide to holdup any traditional rights of passage which are important to the yorubas, hence the reason why other Yoruba kings are usually linked to the Ooni because they require from him access to certain traditional paraphernalia.
Re: Buhari Meets With Nigerian Community In India (Photos) by Missy89(f): 5:25pm On Oct 28, 2015
NaijaTalkTown:
Once again I ask, are you CIA?

Nope
Re: Buhari Meets With Nigerian Community In India (Photos) by mindurword(m): 5:26pm On Oct 28, 2015
The original Nigerian community was not Allowed to near the Embassy Gate where is the one Nigeria Today I was not Allowed to near the Embassy I was turn back by Dss 300 meters before the Embassy this old men you saw on this photo are you sure they are here did they no what ordinary Nigeria's face here on daily basis see the speech of the Malam called baba Go slow and the Local Ascal who help as body guide with over ,100 DSS
Re: Buhari Meets With Nigerian Community In India (Photos) by j1mmy: 5:27pm On Oct 28, 2015
Any IGBO drug dealers in attendance?
Re: Buhari Meets With Nigerian Community In India (Photos) by c33b33(m): 5:27pm On Oct 28, 2015
The baboons and monkeys are jumping because their dullard president was given a potrait with an Igbo attire. Biafra is not Igbo, he can receive a chieftain title in Enugu if he pleases.

Why did Buhari have to cry assassination to the Indian security agency? He should have acted like a brave soldier as he claim and allow the permit to be given to IPOB India so he can feel the greatest humiliation of his life.

Animals on nairaland living in illusion of one nigeria but you will all wake up soon. Ndi ara

IPOB #Free_Nnamdi_Kanu

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Meets With Nigerian Community In India (Photos) by MabraO: 5:31pm On Oct 28, 2015
christinie:

Senseless goat
Ewu point to his poor written English
U guess ur brain configuration isn't correct

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Meets With Nigerian Community In India (Photos) by MRWINSOME: 5:35pm On Oct 28, 2015
nwajohn:
Do you think that this so called Nigeria community in India were not selected (or better still rented)??
like the ones your hero rented during election

1 Like

Re: Buhari Meets With Nigerian Community In India (Photos) by christinie(f): 5:45pm On Oct 28, 2015
"The Igbos HAS".
Hahahahaha!

You used your second account to attack yourself (not me).
Hehehehehe!
Continue.
Imi ezi.
MabraO:

Senseless goat
Ewu point to his poor written English
U guess ur brain configuration isn't correct

1 Like

Re: Buhari Meets With Nigerian Community In India (Photos) by mindurword(m): 6:00pm On Oct 28, 2015
Haslil878:
Nigerian community Biafra excluded
The original Nigerian community was not Allowed to near the Embassy Gate where is the one Nigeria Today I was not Allowed to near the Embassy I was turn back by Dss 300 meters before the Embassy this old men you saw on this photo are you sure they are here did they no what ordinary Nigeria's face here on daily basis see the speech of the Malam called baba Go slow and the Local Ascal who help as body guide with over ,100 DSS

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Saraki At The Code Of Conduct Tribunal For False Asset Declaration (photos) / Obasanjo’s Statement On Buhari: We Won’t Comment Now – Presidency / Woman Boku: Sodom And Gomorrah In Abuja!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.