Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,303 members, 7,815,548 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

What Could Be Wrong With Me? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Could Be Wrong With Me? (8537 Views)

Groom Crying On His Wedding, What May Be Wrong? / Father Carrying His Step Daughter At The Pool. Anything Wrong With The Photo? / Anything Wrong With Sleeping In This Position With My Sister? - Jayzeez (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Could Be Wrong With Me? by Pidggin(f): 10:48pm On Oct 29, 2015
Orimili:

Am I really that much of a loser that I don't deserve to know how and where to improve myself? It's like marginally failing every course you take, and the instructor tells you only that you're not smart enough to pass.

I tried to help you, but if I don't have an idea of what you say during your dates there's not much I can do.
Re: What Could Be Wrong With Me? by Orimili(m): 11:02pm On Oct 29, 2015
Pidggin:

I tried to help you, but if I don't have an idea of what you say during your dates there's not much I can do.

I mean, its not as if I voice record my dates and phone conversations.

My text messages are all "good morning, how are you, I hope you're doing well." And she would reply likewise, of course, until she stops responding.
Re: What Could Be Wrong With Me? by Pidggin(f): 11:04pm On Oct 29, 2015
Orimili:

My text messages are all "good morning, how are you, I hope you're doing well." And she would reply likewise, of course, until she stops responding.

Doesn't sound interesting
Re: What Could Be Wrong With Me? by Nobody: 3:04am On Oct 30, 2015
Orimili:

That's what makes this so frustrating. I don't say anything to make anyone feel uncomfortable. I'm always a gentleman, and very sincere. If I knew what was wrong, I wouldn't be so upset. It upsets me to even talk about this.
You need prayers, but you people in western countries have put God in your wardrobes and are living a 'liberated' life.
Re: What Could Be Wrong With Me? by Nobody: 3:12am On Oct 30, 2015
Orimili:

How could I have had one if I can never get past the first of second date?
wow...

So, are you interested in the proposed hookup?

2 Likes

Re: What Could Be Wrong With Me? by Orimili(m): 6:06pm On Oct 30, 2015
Pidggin:

Doesn't sound interesting

I don't know what would make me interesting
Re: What Could Be Wrong With Me? by lastchild: 6:24pm On Oct 30, 2015
Orimili:

If I am, I wish someone would tell me than to just disappear, every single time.

It has gotten to the point where I have started to develop an anxiety around meeting new peoole actively avoid it.
dude you have a spiritual problem
Re: What Could Be Wrong With Me? by 5minsmadness: 6:56pm On Oct 30, 2015
Orimili:

undecided
Re: What Could Be Wrong With Me? by Pidggin(f): 7:13pm On Oct 30, 2015
Orimili:

I don't know what would make me interesting

Study people, find out the thing that interest them, talk about those things, tell them about your interests too, ladies like guys with good sense of humor so loosen up.
Re: What Could Be Wrong With Me? by Orimili(m): 11:14pm On Oct 31, 2015
Pidggin:

Study people, find out the thing that interest them, talk about those things, tell them about your interests too, ladies like guys with good sense of humor so loosen up.

These are all things I do on a regular basis. She will stop responding eventually, no matter how much she appears to like me. Honestly, I'm not all that interested in dating anymore.
Re: What Could Be Wrong With Me? by petiteee(f): 6:50am On Nov 01, 2015
Bad breath? Body odour? Is it like dat with female frinds? Do u ve any How do u laugh? grin
Re: What Could Be Wrong With Me? by petiteee(f): 6:56am On Nov 01, 2015
Orimili:

well if it werew me, I Wud definatly stop replying you. How Wud u send be such msgs almst everydayundecided
Re: What Could Be Wrong With Me? by LaRoyalHighness(f): 11:55am On Nov 01, 2015
Before I continue... Please how old are you?
Re: What Could Be Wrong With Me? by ogawisdom(m): 8:42pm On Nov 01, 2015
Orimili:
I seem to have this common problem with dating:

After a few weeks of talking, and/or one or two dates, communication ceases without warning. I would send a text message every few days wishing her well. If I call, the phone will just ring to voicemail. If I send any text messages, it will not be returned.

If this had just happened once, I'd quickly get over it. If the girl would simply tell me that she doesn't want to continue, I'd be okay with it. This cessation of communication has been from every single girl that I have talked to, and it has always occured in this fashion.

I don't know what is wrong with me, or what I'm doing wrong. It has gotten to the point where I fear that God doesn't want me to marry, or have a family someday.

Can anyone advise me on what to do?

Ur problem is simple u act desperate n dt scares them away
Re: What Could Be Wrong With Me? by ogawisdom(m): 8:52pm On Nov 01, 2015
Orimili:

And how do I "spice up my life" in a fashion that a woman would think I'm not boring?

By d way I hope u have a good job, a decent apartment and a good car undecided if u dnt then u r boring. Boring to a naija woman means broke ass. Dnt worry much abt women go n make money first n ur job with them is 85 percent done grin
Re: What Could Be Wrong With Me? by Pidggin(f): 9:41pm On Nov 01, 2015
Orimili:

These are all things I do on a regular basis. She will stop responding eventually, no matter how much she appears to like me. Honestly, I'm not all that interested in dating anymore.

My apologies, did you notice I stopped responding after a while? You whine a lot dearie, I got bored, I guess this is the problem. You need to make yourself interesting. Hope I was able to help, take care.

2 Likes

Re: What Could Be Wrong With Me? by Orimili(m): 11:53pm On Nov 01, 2015
ogawisdom:

Ur problem is simple u act desperate n dt scares them away

I don't act desperate at all
Re: What Could Be Wrong With Me? by Orimili(m): 11:58pm On Nov 01, 2015
Pidggin:

My apologies, did you notice I stopped responding after a while? You whine a lot dearie, I got bored, I guess this is the problem. You need to make yourself interesting. Hope I was able to help, take care.

But you still replied, and your actions prove nothing but to antagonize even further. Sadly, I've been busy and didn't notice your futile stunts. Unfortunately, it doesn't help at all to throw blanket statements like "make yourself more interesting." Thanks anyway.

1 Like

Re: What Could Be Wrong With Me? by Orimili(m): 12:01am On Nov 02, 2015
petiteee:
Bad breath? Body odour? Is it like dat with female frinds? Do u ve any How do u laugh? grin

Absolutely not. I get a lot of complements about my physical appearance and hygiene.
Re: What Could Be Wrong With Me? by lastchild: 5:43am On Nov 02, 2015
Orimili:

Absolutely not. I get a lot of complements about my physical appearance and hygiene.
do you believe in anything like a spiritual problem?
Re: What Could Be Wrong With Me? by ogawisdom(m): 7:13am On Nov 02, 2015
Orimili:

I don't act desperate at all

Go out and make more female friends at least 7 female frnds n talk to each once a week. After sometime like 3months down d line u can consider dating one of them.

Act like u have a girlfriend arnd them and only need them for casual friendship.

U give them too much attention and care n dts a turn off for ladies, a consequence of focusing on only one at a time.
If u ve 7 or more u wont notice even if three walks away jst make more female frnds n stop being a looser.
Am sure even bill gate will get turned down by some ladies so b a man n stop crying over nothing, u can't have every girl u want nobody does but u should at least have three out of ten, anything more than three in ten u r a ladies magnet lol. Again sharpen ur yarns if u kw wat I mean, learn scoping skills tongue

Try 7 or more at a time n thank me later.

By d way I hope u ve put ur life together b4 looking for ladies and not some broke ass n never do well kinda dude.

If this fails then those old men in ur village are at work with their African magic, go n see TB Joshua ASAP

1 Like

Re: What Could Be Wrong With Me? by petiteee(f): 7:39am On Nov 02, 2015
Orimili:

y dey come dey run fron u undecided
Re: What Could Be Wrong With Me? by Orimili(m): 9:25pm On Nov 02, 2015
lastchild:
do you believe in anything like a spiritual problem?

Yes, but I have absolutely no idea why it would be...
Re: What Could Be Wrong With Me? by RoyalRoy(m): 6:12am On Nov 03, 2015
Orimili:
I seem to have this common problem with dating:

After a few weeks of talking, and/or one or two dates, communication ceases without warning. I would send a text message every few days wishing her well. If I call, the phone will just ring to voicemail. If I send any text messages, it will not be returned.

If this had just happened once, I'd quickly get over it. If the girl would simply tell me that she doesn't want to continue, I'd be okay with it. This cessation of communication has been from every single girl that I have talked to, and it has always occured in this fashion.

I don't know what is wrong with me, or what I'm doing wrong. It has gotten to the point where I fear that God doesn't want me to marry, or have a family someday.

Can anyone advise me on what to do?

Lol, there is nothing wrong with you.

You only need to change your approach and attitude towards these ladies.

Maybe you are the pestering type, calling them every minute and hounding their lives with messages.

When you cramp a woman's space, she finds the nearest exit away from you.

Its not yet a relationship really, so they get scared with your attitude and decide not to continue.

Take time off to review what you do or say to them that turns "ALL" of them off.

The solution to your problem is you!!!!

Wake Up!!
Re: What Could Be Wrong With Me? by lastchild: 3:49pm On Nov 06, 2015
Orimili:

Yes, but I have absolutely no idea why it would be...
www.nairaland.com/1923768/story-queen-yachikka-spiritual-wife

This is the story of my life,create time to read it,if it didn't give you clue of who you are and what's happening to you then you have lost it
Re: What Could Be Wrong With Me? by Ama80(f): 4:51pm On Nov 06, 2015
babyme1:
Spirit wife alert cry. Lastchild your attention is needed here

pitifully hilarious cry grin
Re: What Could Be Wrong With Me? by iebanehita(m): 12:28am On Nov 07, 2015
Orimili:

But you still replied, and your actions prove nothing but to antagonize even further. Sadly, I've been busy and didn't notice your futile stunts. Unfortunately, it doesn't help at all to throw blanket statements like "make yourself more interesting." Thanks anyway.

@OP, I believe by now you know humans don't reason alike. What your family and friends didn't see in the conversation that transpired between you and your dates can be pinpointed by someone else, of which Pidggin offered to help but you turned it down. You are guilty of hasty generalisation.
From some of your reply, they are actually borne out of frustration.

At this point, you have to unlearn all what you know about dating /relationship and relearn. I suggest you try out some advices given here, but this time, be creative about it.

1 Like

Re: What Could Be Wrong With Me? by lastchild: 3:40am On Nov 07, 2015
Ama80:
pitifully hilarious cry grin
meaning?
Re: What Could Be Wrong With Me? by Orimili(m): 7:29pm On Nov 11, 2015
iebanehita:

@OP, I believe by now you know humans don't reason alike. What your family and friends didn't see in the conversation that transpired between you and your dates can be pinpointed by someone else, of which Pidggin offered to help but you turned it down. You are guilty of hasty generalisation.
From some of your reply, they are actually borne out of frustration.

At this point, you have to unlearn all what you know about dating /relationship and relearn. I suggest you try out some advices given here, but this time, be creative about it.

Yes it is frustrating, and I suppose I can do what you are suggesting, but where do I begin?
Re: What Could Be Wrong With Me? by Orimili(m): 2:48pm On Nov 17, 2015
Update:

I've just lost contact with yet another girl, even as I've tried to take others' advice on this thread. I'm starting to believe there's also a spiritual element to this.
Re: What Could Be Wrong With Me? by Orimili(m): 4:55pm On Nov 17, 2015
ogawisdom:

Go out and make more female friends at least 7 female frnds n talk to each once a week. After sometime like 3months down d line u can consider dating one of them.

Act like u have a girlfriend arnd them and only need them for casual friendship.

U give them too much attention and care n dts a turn off for ladies, a consequence of focusing on only one at a time.
If u ve 7 or more u wont notice even if three walks away jst make more female frnds n stop being a looser.
Am sure even bill gate will get turned down by some ladies so b a man n stop crying over nothing, u can't have every girl u want nobody does but u should at least have three out of ten, anything more than three in ten u r a ladies magnet lol. Again sharpen ur yarns if u kw wat I mean, learn scoping skills tongue

Try 7 or more at a time n thank me later.

By d way I hope u ve put ur life together b4 looking for ladies and not some broke ass n never do well kinda dude.

If this fails then those old men in ur village are at work with their African magic, go n see TB Joshua ASAP

It is definitely failing. I've already lost contact with another.
Re: What Could Be Wrong With Me? by winar(m): 6:04pm On Nov 17, 2015
Do u live outside Nigeria?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Do One Get The Husband To Pay For His Children's Welfare After Seperation. / I Need To Know If She's Truly Pregnant / Help! My Niece Wants To Take Over My Husband.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.