Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,427 members, 7,819,555 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:04 PM

Itsekiri Pple Commented On Social Networks About Vanquard Headline About Biafra - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Itsekiri Pple Commented On Social Networks About Vanquard Headline About Biafra (6336 Views)

Dino's Certificate Saga: See How The Dean Students' Affair Of ABU Commented / Newswatch Magazine Headline About Buhari And PTF: Throwback / Markets, Private Schools Shutdown As Pro-biafrans Protest In Imo State -VANQUARD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Itsekiri Pple Commented On Social Networks About Vanquard Headline About Biafra by aljharem(m): 7:08am On Oct 29, 2015
dejavski:

Yoruba is not a Language but a group of people that lives together in harmony. Though some of them share historical ties and culture

Hmmmm is that so

So what do you call those Yorubas living in Brazil ?

My guy Yoruba is a Language, just like Bini etc. Omo Oodua is an Umbrella. There is a difference.

Itsekiris whether they are yoruba or not does not change the fact that they are under the umbrella

3 Likes

Re: Itsekiri Pple Commented On Social Networks About Vanquard Headline About Biafra by dejavski(m): 7:09am On Oct 29, 2015
Drchristian:

Yoruba is a language that united several tribes ma brother.

Hope u know that there was no such thing as "Yoruba" in the 17th century? It was coined by our then colonial masters
Re: Itsekiri Pple Commented On Social Networks About Vanquard Headline About Biafra by aljharem(m): 7:11am On Oct 29, 2015
dejavski:

Hope u know that there was no such thing as "Yoruba" in the 17th century? It was coined by our then colonial masters

Good, we had different ethnic groups. In fact Yarribawa (part of the banza in Hausa folk tela) were used to refer the Oyo and Kwara people.

Yoruba is a Language used to unite different Ethnic Nations
Re: Itsekiri Pple Commented On Social Networks About Vanquard Headline About Biafra by dejavski(m): 7:13am On Oct 29, 2015
aljharem:

Hmmmm is that so

So what do you call those Yorubas living in Brazil ?

My guy Yoruba is a Language, just like Bini etc. Omo Oodua is an Umbrella. There is a difference.

Itsekiris whether they are yoruba or not does not change the fact that they are under the umbrella

Hopw u know it's not all "yorubas" that are omo oodua(descendants)? Oduduwa met some people when he came to ife

1 Like

Re: Itsekiri Pple Commented On Social Networks About Vanquard Headline About Biafra by dejavski(m): 7:14am On Oct 29, 2015
aljharem:

Good, we had different ethnic groups. In fact Yarribawa (part of the banza in Hausa folk tela) were used to refer the Oyo and Kwara people.

Exactly my point
Re: Itsekiri Pple Commented On Social Networks About Vanquard Headline About Biafra by dejavski(m): 7:16am On Oct 29, 2015
aljharem:

You're from what dialect?

The Oyos have been deeply infused into other ethnic groups which have resulted to their gradual extinction
Re: Itsekiri Pple Commented On Social Networks About Vanquard Headline About Biafra by aljharem(m): 7:19am On Oct 29, 2015
dejavski:

You're from what dialect?

The Oyos have been deeply infused into other ethnic groups which have resulted to their gradual extinction

I am have a mixture of Awori and Egun but I an Awori man.

Yes We use Oyo dialect as the central dialect to communicate but each individual ethnic group still very much maintain it's dialect.

In fact I find Itsekiri easier to understand than Ijesha or Akoko

1 Like

Re: Itsekiri Pple Commented On Social Networks About Vanquard Headline About Biafra by omenka(m): 7:22am On Oct 29, 2015
baby124:
Lol, this by force Biafra na wa o. This tells how hellish Biafra will be. Will you even let these so called minorities vote or have rights if they join Biafra? You are going online countering their position. Telling them that who are they to say no? It sounds like Biafra is looking for slaves. This is crazy, no wonder they are all running from Biafra. Biafra people have shown their hands too early.
Wise words. cool. This goes to show how repressive their country would be, with no room for accommodation of dissenting voices.

Tufiakwa.

1 Like

Re: Itsekiri Pple Commented On Social Networks About Vanquard Headline About Biafra by dejavski(m): 7:29am On Oct 29, 2015
aljharem:

I am have a mixture of Awori and Egun but I an Awori man.

Yes We use Oyo dialect as the central dialect to communicate but each individual ethnic group still very much maintain it's dialect.

In fact I find Itsekiri easier to understand than Ijesha or Akoko
I am ilaje
There need to be self recognition of one's ethnicity else it will go into total extinction in years to come by the larger Oyo dialect

1 Like

Re: Itsekiri Pple Commented On Social Networks About Vanquard Headline About Biafra by UYCO: 8:20am On Oct 29, 2015
You can see the Ilaje man has answerd my question in Ilaje language and I understand him clearly. the language is the unifying factor .
Re: Itsekiri Pple Commented On Social Networks About Vanquard Headline About Biafra by trapQ: 8:47am On Oct 29, 2015
Wrong statement, we are better off without you. that's why y'all can't go alone. Leave the SS alone. Its not by force.
xtrorse:

How did Igbos impersonate SE and SS people in that post?

FYI, IPOB is better of without you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Does Tonyebarcaniata Do For A Living? / Photo: IPOB Leader, Nnamdi Kanu With A Plate Of Rice In Prison / Breaking- EFCC Detains Ex Finance Minister With Embarrassing PICTURE!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.