Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,338 members, 7,811,980 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:19 AM

Attn: Seun and StephenP!!! Nairaland Writers Union (NWU)? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Attn: Seun and StephenP!!! Nairaland Writers Union (NWU)? (1535 Views)

Nairaland Detection Club 2 - 2014. For Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2014. / Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2014 / Nairaland Writers Collaboration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Attn: Seun and StephenP!!! Nairaland Writers Union (NWU)? by Joan4427(f): 2:31pm On May 07, 2009
Hey everyone,

While going through this forum, I realized something. Nairaland has many TALENTED WRITERS that are going to waste!!!!

This is so sad but it doesn't have to be the case. We need to form a union: Nairaland Writers Union (NWU)

Okay look at it this way. There are obviously many experienced and talented writers with novel-length manuscripts on their hands that are looking for trust-worthy publishers. Now, what if we form a panel of novel judges that are delegated to collect submitted manuscripts from Nairaland Writers and sift through them, and come up with like 6-12 of the best every year, [/b]then let [b]all nairalanders vote for the best 3 they would like to see in print. [/b]Then we delegate a book publisher to publish these books and make them [b]available to members of Nairaland at publishers rate?

Meanwhile, the authors of the chosen novels get their royalties per copy of the book sold!!!!

What do you guys think? Seun and the other executives will have to be informed and involved of course and Nairaland will also receive a royalty from each book sale as the referrer. That royalty can go towards maintaining the forum, etc.

There are more than 330,000 registered Nairalanders [/b]and new members sign-up everyday. This will be a good way to leverage the two most important things we have on this forum: [b]Talented writers, and readership base.

Think about it!!! What do you all think

I'm in the book publishing business, and I'm sure we can swing this. For e.g. see FEDDIE GIRL by Nona David coming to Bernard Books Publishing this July http://bernardbooks.com
Re: Attn: Seun and StephenP!!! Nairaland Writers Union (NWU)? by Joan4427(f): 9:37pm On May 08, 2009
Has anyone actually considered this idea? This forum being filled with lots of talented authors, one would think they would be interested in a chance at getting published!
Re: Attn: Seun and StephenP!!! Nairaland Writers Union (NWU)? by Joan4427(f): 9:38pm On May 08, 2009
Nairaland writers union.

All talk and no action will not get us anywhere! Please, e-mail me at if you are interested in the proposal presented.

Thanks!

Joan Peck (Book Publicist)
Bernard Books Publishing
http://bernardbooks.com
[email]joan.peck@bernardbooks.com[/email]
Re: Attn: Seun and StephenP!!! Nairaland Writers Union (NWU)? by Joan4427(f): 2:24pm On May 11, 2009
Joan4427:

Hey everyone,

While going through this forum, I realized something. Nairaland has many TALENTED WRITERS that are going to waste!!!!

This is so sad but it doesn't have to be the case. We need to form a union: Nairaland Writers Union (NWU)

Okay look at it this way. There are obviously many experienced and talented writers with novel-length manuscripts on their hands that are looking for trust-worthy publishers. Now, what if we form a panel of novel judges that are delegated to collect submitted manuscripts from Nairaland writers and sift through them, and come up with like 6-12 of the best every year, [/b]then let [b]all nairalanders vote for the best 3 they would like to see in print. [/b]Then we delegate a book publisher to publish these books and make them [b]available to members of Nairaland at publishers rate?

Meanwhile, the authors of the chosen novels get their royalties per copy of the book sold!!!!

What do you guys think? Seun and the other executives will have to be involved of course and Nairaland will also receive a royalty from each book sale as the referrer. That royalty can go towards maintaining the forum, etc.

There are more than 330,000 registered Nairalanders [/b]and new members sign-up everyday. This will be a good way to leverage the two most important things we have on this forum: [b]Talented writers, and readership base.

Think about it!!! What do you all think

I'm in the book publishing business, and I'm sure we can swing this.

Joan Peck (Book Publicist)
Bernard Books Publishing
http://bernardbooks.com
[email]joan.peck@bernardbooks.com
[/email]

For e.g. see FEDDIE GIRL by Nona David coming to Bernard Books Publishing this July http://bernardbooks.com

As soon as we get a favorable word back from Seun and other moderators, we'll get the ball rolling.

Meanwhile, you can e-mail me if you want to join up. Or ask your questions on this thread and we will address the concerns and iron out the details.

Thanks.

Joan Peck
Re: Attn: Seun and StephenP!!! Nairaland Writers Union (NWU)? by Ifez: 2:40pm On May 13, 2009
Sounds like a plan! I don't have novel-length manuscripts, but I do have a collection of stories and a few poems I slaved on over the years.

This is a wonderful idea. Thanks Joan 4427 for making the pitch!!!!!!!

Abeg, wey Seun
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Attn: Seun and StephenP!!! Nairaland Writers Union (NWU)? by MojiEsther(f): 4:25pm On May 13, 2009
Good idea. First, let Seun know about this.
Re: Attn: Seun and StephenP!!! Nairaland Writers Union (NWU)? by Joan4427(f): 6:11pm On May 13, 2009
MojiEsther:

Good idea. First, let Seun know about this.

Please how do I get in touch with Seun? Does he have a contact info or something?

Thanks!

Joan
Re: Attn: Seun and StephenP!!! Nairaland Writers Union (NWU)? by kay9(m): 10:19pm On May 13, 2009
@Joan: Seun is the SOLE OWNER of Nairaland.com; i'm positive he's already seen this post, and if he hasn't then rest assured that he'll definitely come across it during his "through-the-plantation-browsing" before the week is over. However, i think StephenP should take note (he's Lit-NL moderator, by the way), and pass this on to his oga ASAP.

Personally I think we can swing this; Joan says she's into publishing, that means she knows what she's talking about. We've got talent here, all we need is coordination and good planning - which I might point is what was lacking in other previous "group" proposals we've had before. So if you got [b]good [/b]literary works ready, then here's the chance. As for me, I'm going to dust up my desk. smiley
Re: Attn: Seun and StephenP!!! Nairaland Writers Union (NWU)? by kay9(m): 10:29pm On May 13, 2009
@Joan: I checked Seun's link at the bottom of the page; turns out the jolly fella has a webpage to his name - http://www.seunosewa.com/. His email and everything is there. I wanted to mail him myself but I felt you'd want to do it yourself - it's your brain-child after all.
Re: Attn: Seun and StephenP!!! Nairaland Writers Union (NWU)? by Joan4427(f): 11:10pm On May 13, 2009
@ Kay9,

Thanks a lot for the info. I have just e-mailed both Seun and StephenP. We now have to wait patiently until they provide us with a feedback. Hopefully, it will be favorable.

Thanks a lot for your interest. An yes, I work in the Book Publishing Business. The company I work with is Bernard Books Publishing located in Cincinnati Ohio USA. http://bernardbooks.com

Once the Nairaland executive and moderator gets back to us, we can start ironing out all the details and set the wheel in motion.

Joan.
Re: Attn: Seun and StephenP!!! Nairaland Writers Union (NWU)? by kay9(m): 8:24am On May 14, 2009
Okay-dokay.
Re: Attn: Seun and StephenP!!! Nairaland Writers Union (NWU)? by Joan4427(f): 2:58pm On May 20, 2009
Thanks to all those who expressed their interest via e-mail. We are still waiting to get a word from Seun and the other moderators.

Thanks for your patience!

Joan.
Re: Attn: Seun and StephenP!!! Nairaland Writers Union (NWU)? by lanrefront1(m): 3:30pm On May 28, 2009
Hey Oga Seun, Stephen P, what's happening to this ship(Joan's idea). Now we don't need the details or the navigation map or plan, we know this things take time. We'll just like to know whether the ship is going to start sail at all. Ms Joan, by now Seun should have at least said something, either good or bad.
Re: Attn: Seun and StephenP!!! Nairaland Writers Union (NWU)? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jan 05, 2022
Joan4427:
Has anyone actually considered this idea? This forum being filled with lots of talented authors, one would think they would be interested in a chance at getting published!

I really need my books to be in hard print one day. Even if it's 1 cry Got lots of kid's\adults' books. Just wish I was on NL at that time. Too bad I was only 6... Lolzz

(1) (Reply)

At Last Society Of Young Nigerian Writers Releases An Anthology / Is English Literature Really The Best? / Happy Birthday, OMA4U

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.