Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,724 members, 7,813,393 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:43 AM

Oliseh Recalls Martins, Invites Iheanacho, Aluko For Swaziland Tie - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Oliseh Recalls Martins, Invites Iheanacho, Aluko For Swaziland Tie (23960 Views)

Photos: Super Eagles Depart For Swaziland Ahead Of Their World Cup Qualifier Mat / Ighalo, Fives Others Arrive Eagles Camp For Swaziland / 2018 WC: Oliseh Name Obafemi Martins, 22 Others For Swaziland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oliseh Recalls Martins, Invites Iheanacho, Aluko For Swaziland Tie by Chigold101(m): 11:35am On Oct 29, 2015
safarigirl:
strong enough team, I'm not sold on the whole Martins' inclusion.....he's served his purpose in the past. Success would have been a better, younger inclusion rather than Martins who may not be able to keep up with the speed of the wingers.

Forget MLS antics, anyone can look great in the MLS
babe which world are you living in? Oh mai mai... Why won't you join the rest to celebrate Martins? Why why... You are just wicked...

SERIOUSLY YOU BE THE BOMB... cool

I love people like you who see beyond the smokes screen called MSL.
You are just my kind of babe...(I hope you are a babe).
Oliseh should get more younger guys into the team and forget all this men who have completed their service to the nation...
Re: Oliseh Recalls Martins, Invites Iheanacho, Aluko For Swaziland Tie by ZeezaRapture(m): 11:41am On Oct 29, 2015
safarigirl:
strong enough team, I'm not sold on the whole Martins' inclusion.....he's served his purpose in the past. Success would have been a better, younger inclusion rather than Martins who may not be able to keep up with the speed of the wingers.

Forget MLS antics, anyone can look great in the MLS

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahshockedshockedshocked

what have you just altered?? That Martins wont be able to cope with the "SPEED" of the wingers??
I cant start dropping links for you but try and ask people around you that follow MLS or try Google it. Martins has been one of the fastest footballers in the world and is still fast.

In fact, non of our wingers (except capt. Musa) is faster than him presently. I follow his progress in the MLS well. Plus his sublime dribbling skills and powerfull shots at goal (which he scored many).

Martins is Nigeria's best striker over the years.
Re: Oliseh Recalls Martins, Invites Iheanacho, Aluko For Swaziland Tie by forgiveness: 11:45am On Oct 29, 2015
I opened a thread on 'opinion: How super eagles squad should look like', and i was able to analyse players best for each positions for the National team. They are blend of old, young, experience and most importantly inform players, i believe will bring glory to SE. However, i am glad some of these players as expected made the list. Except Moses Odubanjo, Abdul Ajagun, Lukmamm Haruna, Anthony Ujah, Kenneth Otigba, Isaac Succes, Gbenga Arokoyo, Daniel Adejo and Nurudeen Orelesi still missing on te list. I did't include Aluko, Akpan, shehu, and Iheanacho on list due to their current form, lack of playing time and the pedigree of league they play for.

Anyway, for me, Oliseh is on the right course to have invited Martins.
Re: Oliseh Recalls Martins, Invites Iheanacho, Aluko For Swaziland Tie by forgiveness: 11:49am On Oct 29, 2015
kannymoore:

And the bullshit league Emenike plays in nko?

David Villa, kaka, Therry Henry et al have all graced the MLS @ some point in their careers too.

Had any of them beaten Obafemi's goal scoring record in the MLS?

Abeg, Martin deserves that invite more than an Emenike and 80% of Naija strikers right now!

Asides Moses Simon (for trencin) and maybe Ighalo, there's no other there's no other Nigerian player that has carried his team to success the way Martin does for Seattle Sounders.
He has radically evolved from being a speedy goalpoacher to a "playing-making striker".
His dribbling ability, close ball control and passing has tremendously improved by far!

I commend Oliseh for this brave decision.

Moses Simon plays for Gent.
Re: Oliseh Recalls Martins, Invites Iheanacho, Aluko For Swaziland Tie by kannymoore(m): 12:22pm On Oct 29, 2015
forgiveness:

Moses Simon plays for Gent.

i know.

I highlighted Trencin cos he singlehandedly won the league for that team.
He came down to Ghent in the winter and won the league for them too.

I deliberately didn't put Ghent cos he's been used far less frequently as he ought to this season cos of fitNess issues and people who are conversant with his present predicament might want to pick holes in my argument.
Re: Oliseh Recalls Martins, Invites Iheanacho, Aluko For Swaziland Tie by TolaniLuv: 12:27pm On Oct 29, 2015
omusiliyu:
Which of the Martins please?

Hope not Funmi Martins

Funmi Martins grin
Re: Oliseh Recalls Martins, Invites Iheanacho, Aluko For Swaziland Tie by forgiveness: 12:37pm On Oct 29, 2015
kannymoore:

i know.

I highlighted Trencin cos he singlehandedly won the league for that team.
He came down to Ghent in the winter and won the league for them too.

I deliberately didn't put Ghent cos he's been used far less frequently as he ought to this season cos of fitNess issues and people who are conversant with his present predicament might want to pick holes in my argument.

I don't think he won the league for Trencin based on his record. It's Rabiu Ibrahim that single handedly won the league for them. Although, Moses was the one that single handedly won the league for Gent for the first time.
Re: Oliseh Recalls Martins, Invites Iheanacho, Aluko For Swaziland Tie by kannymoore(m): 12:41pm On Oct 29, 2015
forgiveness:

I don't think he won the league for Trencin based on his record. It's Rabiu Ibrahim that single handedly won the league for them. Although, Moses was the one that single handedly won the league for Gent for the first time.

how many goals and assists did Simon have compared to Rabiu Ibrahim in Trencin?
Re: Oliseh Recalls Martins, Invites Iheanacho, Aluko For Swaziland Tie by Nobody: 12:52pm On Oct 29, 2015
okay.
Re: Oliseh Recalls Martins, Invites Iheanacho, Aluko For Swaziland Tie by davizfellz: 1:09pm On Oct 29, 2015
[quote author=blueto post=39472313]
Moses keeps skipping mundane friendly Super Eagles matches all in the name of 'avioding injuries'.

How can you effectively blend and maintain cohesive football with the team if you constantly solicit for omission from the squad during friendly matches. or are you saying other players in camp are not vulnerable to injuries as well?

Moses's frivolous exercise towards the recent international friendly games crystally depicts that he has developed a slight or flamboyant apathy for the national team.

Such heinous mindsets and actions should not be assented anymore by NFF or the Coach.

A witty and patroitic player should be zealous and commmited to representing the national team when the need arises at such particular time.

Big talk undecided
Re: Oliseh Recalls Martins, Invites Iheanacho, Aluko For Swaziland Tie by Nobody: 1:37pm On Oct 29, 2015
Brianino:
...lol..a little thing u guys label a player unpatriotic,how many times has messi and other superstars opted out of match?and are accused of nothing..u see simply because he opted out of just two matches doesnt make him unpatriotic....that is an ex-refugee,orphan and personality England begged to come and play for them,but turned them down and instead accepted the Nigeria call up....so shut ur fangs,be lenient and dont have short memories..victor moses deserves the benefit of the doubt..BLESS U

I predicate this ingenious comment as a veracious catholicon to your tendentious impression of Moses

Goke7:

I think Moses is done with the National team, he has won the nations cup and appeared in the world cup so what's there to achieve again. This is the issue with players from the diaspora, they get into the National team of their origin and bolt away when they get what they are looking for. I love Moses but he needs to prove some of us wrong that it may be when it is getting close to the next world cup, he may rekindle his interest in the team just like Prince boateng of Ghana.
Re: Oliseh Recalls Martins, Invites Iheanacho, Aluko For Swaziland Tie by gbens2000(m): 1:47pm On Oct 29, 2015
Goke7:

Exactly my brother, sentiments will continue to kill our National team, Enyeama and Emenike has retired from our National team all in the name of building a team for the future according to our Pep Guardiola only for Martins to be called back to the national team. The question then is are we moving forward or backward?

If Martins can be recalled, then Enyeama and Emenike should be back into the team except we are just deceiving ourselves as usual.

Can Martins keep his so called form for the next two years? if not calling back does not make sense.
na for u oh these two guys u mentioned retired by themselves so wat is ur point,bro no matter wat the circumstance may be patriotism should come first they couldn't stand the new trend and they left for their own good reason that's the circle of life.take it or leave it.
Re: Oliseh Recalls Martins, Invites Iheanacho, Aluko For Swaziland Tie by class0247: 1:54pm On Oct 29, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0yTT1WOvA8

Most Nigerians are haters...When Martins start scoring goals now everybody will change mouth... Let him go there and fight for a shirt first before you start judging..He might be old as you all claim but he look stronger than most of the young dude in that nation team...let him land first.
I like Victor Moses also..Olise knows what he is going...He is trying to bring speed back to the national team
Re: Oliseh Recalls Martins, Invites Iheanacho, Aluko For Swaziland Tie by edi287: 1:56pm On Oct 29, 2015
kannymoore:

David Villa, kaka, Therry Henry et al have all graced the MLS @ some point in their careers too.

Abeg, Martin deserves that invite more than an Emenike and 80% of Naija strikers right now!

Asides Moses Simon (for trencin) and maybe Ighalo, there's no other there's no other Nigerian player that has carried his team to success the way Martin does for Seattle Sounders.
He has radically evolved from being a speedy goalpoacher to a "playing-making striker".
His dribbling ability, close ball control and passing has tremendously improved by far!

You mean the same league that Bradley Wright Philips is bossing??
Re: Oliseh Recalls Martins, Invites Iheanacho, Aluko For Swaziland Tie by class0247: 2:04pm On Oct 29, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qC8TK8IVU7w

Victor Moses hold on to ball too much really?Dont we need attackers that are confident with the ball and make chances for other players or the do we need the once that will lose ball easily?how do you create chances in football?
Nigeria won nation cup because of this guy and he helped Emineke and brown idehen to shine but most people don't know
Re: Oliseh Recalls Martins, Invites Iheanacho, Aluko For Swaziland Tie by class0247: 2:10pm On Oct 29, 2015
With Musa,Oba goal,Moses,Idaho and Kelechi even if we are defending we can expect goals with counter attack..all we need is just decent defense
Re: Oliseh Recalls Martins, Invites Iheanacho, Aluko For Swaziland Tie by forgiveness: 3:41pm On Oct 29, 2015
kannymoore:

how many goals and assists did Simon have compared to Rabiu Ibrahim in Trencin?

Trencin won the 2014/2015 league and Gent also won the 2014/2015 league.

Simon only played 19 matches out of 33 and he scored only 6 goals before moved during the mid season to continue the season in Gent. We can say, he was partially instrumental to Trencin's league win

Rabiu also moved to Trencin during the mid season of 2014/2015, and played 17 matches, scoring 4 goals.
Re: Oliseh Recalls Martins, Invites Iheanacho, Aluko For Swaziland Tie by Nobody: 3:51pm On Oct 29, 2015
Martins pls come back come destroy them again ooooo. Love this move. Meanwhile to visit or live in Swaziland check my signature
Re: Oliseh Recalls Martins, Invites Iheanacho, Aluko For Swaziland Tie by safarigirl(f): 4:40pm On Oct 29, 2015
kannymoore:

Success over Martins, where did you see Emenike?

All the guys you mentioned retired before or during their MLS stints.....so you see the comparisons you make? Retired footballers, so you want us to call retired players in mundane leagues. By all means add Yakubu to your list.

Nigerians just love to overuse and recycle, from your leaders to footballers, you can't seem to stop recycling and reusing.
Re: Oliseh Recalls Martins, Invites Iheanacho, Aluko For Swaziland Tie by femi4: 5:09pm On Oct 29, 2015
safarigirl:
call it what you please, it's my opinion and your agreement is not needed for it to stand.

I'm not comparing MLS to NPL. I'm advocating for a striker from a FAR better league than MLS, not like I'm asking for Gbolahan Salami, your comparison therefore, is wrong.

Once again, Martins was the wrong call.
Try and comprehend before you post. The comparison is between Super Eagles and US national team.
Re: Oliseh Recalls Martins, Invites Iheanacho, Aluko For Swaziland Tie by osheeynoni(m): 6:08pm On Oct 29, 2015
omusiliyu:
Which of the Martins please?
Hope not Funmi Martins
Nope, it is adebayo martins
Re: Oliseh Recalls Martins, Invites Iheanacho, Aluko For Swaziland Tie by Phemostiga(m): 6:10pm On Oct 29, 2015
Iro nla no aluko, kelechi, akpan on list wrong source
Re: Oliseh Recalls Martins, Invites Iheanacho, Aluko For Swaziland Tie by Phemostiga(m): 6:14pm On Oct 29, 2015
Iro nla no aluko, kelechi, akpan on the list wrong source
Re: Oliseh Recalls Martins, Invites Iheanacho, Aluko For Swaziland Tie by vicenzo(m): 7:33pm On Oct 29, 2015
GentleToks:
Super Eagle has now changed from South East/Igbo National team to something better. Thank God Oliseh is not Igbo.......

Keshi's Igbo national team won the AFCON for Nigeria, took Nigeria to confederation cup, and to World cup second round stage.

We look forward to see what non Igbo team that is better will produce.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ahmad Ahmad Wins CAF Presidential Election, Beating Issa Hayatou / Mikel Obi And One Of His Twin Daughters Playing / The Oldest And Most Active Female Supporter In The NPFL

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.