Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,814 members, 7,813,682 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:13 PM

Oliseh Recalls Martins, Invites Iheanacho, Aluko For Swaziland Tie - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Oliseh Recalls Martins, Invites Iheanacho, Aluko For Swaziland Tie (23963 Views)

Photos: Super Eagles Depart For Swaziland Ahead Of Their World Cup Qualifier Mat / Ighalo, Fives Others Arrive Eagles Camp For Swaziland / 2018 WC: Oliseh Name Obafemi Martins, 22 Others For Swaziland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oliseh Recalls Martins, Invites Iheanacho, Aluko For Swaziland Tie by femi4: 9:29am On Oct 29, 2015
Goke7:

My question is, can he keep that form for the next two years?
Any player's career can end at anytime. You can ask Dosu, Opabunmi and Amokachi.

Zambia lost a whole team to plane crash in 1993
Re: Oliseh Recalls Martins, Invites Iheanacho, Aluko For Swaziland Tie by Smooyis(m): 9:36am On Oct 29, 2015
blueto:

Moses keeps skipping mundane friendly Super Eagles matches all in the name of 'avioding injuries'.

How can you effectively blend and maintain cohesive football with the team if you constantly solicit for omission from the squad during friendly matches. or are you saying other players in camp are not vulnerable to injuries as well?

Moses's frivolous exercise towards the recent international friendly games crystally depicts that he has developed a slight or flamboyant apathy for the national team.

Such heinous mindsets and actions should not be assented anymore by NFF or the Coach.

A witty and patroitic player should be zealous and commmited to representing the national team when the need arises at such particular time.

How will he not get injury when he keeps holding on to the ball for too long. The only antidote against injury is to release the ball at the right time. If injury does not come with the national team it is bound to happen with his club if he is not discipline and tactical on the ball.

1 Like

Re: Oliseh Recalls Martins, Invites Iheanacho, Aluko For Swaziland Tie by bigwallace(m): 9:39am On Oct 29, 2015
Good list coming from oliseh,am particularly excited with the inclusions of kelechi nd martins,to me obagoal is far better than that bullish emenike.
Re: Oliseh Recalls Martins, Invites Iheanacho, Aluko For Swaziland Tie by MadCow1: 9:41am On Oct 29, 2015
Oliseh just began his journey to being sacked..
Re: Oliseh Recalls Martins, Invites Iheanacho, Aluko For Swaziland Tie by Goke7: 9:41am On Oct 29, 2015
femi4:
Any player's career can end at anytime. You can ask Dosu, Opabunmi and Amokachi.

Zambia lost a whole team to plane crash in 1993

Your examples here are unfortunate and do not relate to the issue at hand.

If according to Oliseh that we are building a new team, then the current National team should not serve as a window for the older players from the past to wind up their career finally. This is why i am of the opinion that even the likes of Enyeama, Mikel, Ambrose, Osaze, Emenike unfortunately and other senior players whose form may dip in the next two years should be quietly eased out of the National team in a honourably manner and testimonial matches organised for them.

Bring in a martins now shows desperation from Oliseh and buckling under unnecessary pressure from the same media who will still vilify him if things don't go as planned. Oliseh should grow some balls abeg
Re: Oliseh Recalls Martins, Invites Iheanacho, Aluko For Swaziland Tie by dadireflex(m): 9:50am On Oct 29, 2015
why recall obafemi Martins......NIGERIA is supose to be going forward.....instead of martins, he shld have called Anthony Ujah.
Re: Oliseh Recalls Martins, Invites Iheanacho, Aluko For Swaziland Tie by femi4: 9:51am On Oct 29, 2015
Goke7:

Your examples here are unfortunate and do not relate to the issue at hand.

If according to Oliseh that we are building a new team, then the current National team should not serve as a window for the older players from the past to wind up their career finally. This is why i am of the opinion that even the likes of Enyeama, Mikel, Ambrose, Osaze, Emenike unfortunately and other senior players whose form may dip in the next two years should be quietly eased out of the National team in a honourably manner and testimonial matches organised for them.

Bring in a martins now shows desperation from Oliseh and buckling under unnecessary pressure from the same media who will still vilify him if things don't go as planned. Oliseh should grow some balls abeg
When building a team, you need a blend of experience and young ones. Above all, you need inform players irrespective of the age.

A new team does not mean "combination of new set of players". A new team is about attitude, character and discipline of set of players ready to put on the green and white colour.

Pirlo was a class for juve in last yr UCL until the final
Till date Pete Cech is still one of the best gk in EPL, with better reflexes than some younger gk.

Don't be sentimental, be factual

1 Like

Re: Oliseh Recalls Martins, Invites Iheanacho, Aluko For Swaziland Tie by mechanics(m): 9:54am On Oct 29, 2015
Dats gud, a nice team.
Re: Oliseh Recalls Martins, Invites Iheanacho, Aluko For Swaziland Tie by Normosa(m): 9:57am On Oct 29, 2015
I am wondering why Isaac Success is not in this team. A great player he is. Oliseh knows best!
Re: Oliseh Recalls Martins, Invites Iheanacho, Aluko For Swaziland Tie by safarigirl(f): 9:58am On Oct 29, 2015
Google63:
Martins might really not have performed in the National team. But if you have watched any of his games with Seattle Sounders, you'll see he is a better player now. Oliseh made a bold move.
like I said, MLS can make an average player look good, I can't judge him on that.

I insist Oliseh should have called up Success instead of Martins
Re: Oliseh Recalls Martins, Invites Iheanacho, Aluko For Swaziland Tie by Goke7: 10:01am On Oct 29, 2015
femi4:
When building a team, you need a blend of experience and young ones. Above all, you need inform players irrespective of the age.

A new team does not mean "combination of new set of players". A new team is about attitude, character and discipline of set of players ready to put on the green and white colour.

We are just deceiving ourselves talking about experience, going forward we need players we are sure that in the next three years when another world cup beckons, we are sure will be in form, any coach who knows what he is doing should be thinking about an Ihenacho and Ighalo striker partnership and should be playing them together for the next two years for them to blend properly. Bringing in a martins because he is scoring lots of goals in mls does not make sense. How will you as a coach keep martins on the bench for younger strikers. This is why our players don't develop. We can talk about the likes of Obobona and Omeruo because some older defenders had to make way for them.

Martins may have been forced on oliseh, i don't think it was his idea.
Re: Oliseh Recalls Martins, Invites Iheanacho, Aluko For Swaziland Tie by teemyte: 10:03am On Oct 29, 2015
safarigirl:
strong enough team, I'm not sold on the whole Martins' inclusion.....he's served his purpose in the past. Success would have been a better, younger inclusion rather than Martins who may not be able to keep up with the speed of the wingers.

Forget MLS antics, anyone can look great in the MLS
Nice talk,,,ooto lo so jare
Re: Oliseh Recalls Martins, Invites Iheanacho, Aluko For Swaziland Tie by Brianino(m): 10:03am On Oct 29, 2015
blueto:

Moses keeps skipping mundane friendly Super Eagles matches all in the name of 'avioding injuries'.

How can you effectively blend and maintain cohesive football with the team if you constantly solicit for omission from the squad during friendly matches. or are you saying other players in camp are not vulnerable to injuries as well?

Moses's frivolous exercise towards the recent international friendly games crystally depicts that he has developed a slight or flamboyant apathy for the national team.

Such heinous mindsets and actions should not be assented anymore by NFF or the Coach.

A witty and patroitic player should be zealous and commmited to representing the national team when the need arises at such particular time.
...lol..a little thing u guys label a player unpatriotic,how many times has messi and other superstars opted out of match?and are accused of nothing..u see simply because he opted out of just two matches doesnt make him unpatriotic....that is an ex-refugee,orphan and personality England begged to come and play for them,but turned them down and instead accepted the Nigeria call up....so shut ur fangs,be lenient and dont have short memories..victor moses deserves the benefit of the doubt..BLESS U
Re: Oliseh Recalls Martins, Invites Iheanacho, Aluko For Swaziland Tie by Goke7: 10:04am On Oct 29, 2015
safarigirl:
like I said, MLS can make an average player look good, I can't judge him on that.

Exactly, we need younger strikers ahead of the Nations in 2017 and world cup 2018, will martins still be hot by then?

Ighalo, ihenacho and Success should be leading our attacking line if we are truly moving forward
Re: Oliseh Recalls Martins, Invites Iheanacho, Aluko For Swaziland Tie by femi4: 10:06am On Oct 29, 2015
Goke7:

We are just deceiving ourselves talking about experience, going forward we need players we are sure that in the next three years when another world cup beckons, we are sure will be in form, any coach who knows what he is doing should be thinking about an Ihenacho and Ighalo striker partnership and should be playing them together for the next two years for them to blend properly. Bringing in a martins because he is scoring lots of goals in mls does not make sense. How will you as a coach keep martins on the bench for younger strikers. This is why our players don't develop. We can talk about the likes of Obobona and Omeruo because some older defenders had to make way for them.

Martins may have been forced on oliseh, i don't think it was his idea.
You are the one being deceived. You can't be blind to a player that is playing well especially when you don't have immediate replacement.

Kaka was in and out of Brazilian national team yet they are rebuilding. Seems you don't understand the meaning of the word
Re: Oliseh Recalls Martins, Invites Iheanacho, Aluko For Swaziland Tie by femi4: 10:07am On Oct 29, 2015
safarigirl:

Very shallow statement

Is Nigeria better than US national team?

Check the Stats of last World cup to know how many MLS players were paraded

1 Like

Re: Oliseh Recalls Martins, Invites Iheanacho, Aluko For Swaziland Tie by Nobody: 10:07am On Oct 29, 2015
2muchopoTBdope:

Get ur facts ryt Uncle! It isn't a friendly match, it is a World Cup(2018) qualifying game.
Whichever one..it is all for nothing. Appearance only in d world cup.
Re: Oliseh Recalls Martins, Invites Iheanacho, Aluko For Swaziland Tie by Nobody: 10:09am On Oct 29, 2015
safarigirl:

you no like awoniyi too?or osimhen?
Re: Oliseh Recalls Martins, Invites Iheanacho, Aluko For Swaziland Tie by Goke7: 10:13am On Oct 29, 2015
femi4:
You are the one being deceived. You can't be blind to a player that is playing well especially when you don't have immediate replacement.

Kaka was in and out of Brazilian national team yet they are rebuilding. Seems you don't understand the meaning of the word

We do have replacement in ighalo and Iheanacho, but as usual, we are too impatient. The martins you are enjoying now is a product of patience over the years. You can't invite an old player to the Nigerian national team and put him on the bench for younger players, that is my point. Martins may not be relevant to our world cup dreams in 2018. Why don't we focus on the players that are younger now so we can have a team that must have been playing together for three years by 2018. This is my point please.

Nigerian Players mentality are different from their peers in other climes, here the the older players still feel too important even when they know they should be giving way for the younger ones. We can move forward with that mentality
Re: Oliseh Recalls Martins, Invites Iheanacho, Aluko For Swaziland Tie by femi4: 10:14am On Oct 29, 2015
When you go for qualifiers, you need your best legs. When you are playing friendly matches, you can experiment with propable players

1 Like

Re: Oliseh Recalls Martins, Invites Iheanacho, Aluko For Swaziland Tie by femi4: 10:22am On Oct 29, 2015
Goke7:

We do have replacement in ighalo and Iheanacho, but as usual, we are too impatient. The martins you are enjoying now is a product of patience over the years. You can't invite an old player to the Nigerian national team and put him on the bench for younger players, that is my point. Martins may not be relevant to our world cup dreams in 2018. Why don't we focus on the players that are younger now so we can have a team that must have been playing together for three years by 2018. This is my point please.

Nigerian Players mentality are different from their peers in other climes, here the the older players still feel too important even when they know they should be giving way for the younger ones. We can move forward with that mentality
Stop it! Who goes into an international match with a single Striker. Stop being sentimental, Matins came in from the bench for Emenike in the era of Keshi.
Any player can sit on the bench depending on the coach tactics (old or new).

Talking about being relevant, do you believe Emenike will experience dip in form just after two yes.

Young players are not immune to loss of form too.

Ballack played till the birth of Ozil and kadirah in 2010
Re: Oliseh Recalls Martins, Invites Iheanacho, Aluko For Swaziland Tie by swaggerdgrt(m): 10:33am On Oct 29, 2015
I feel it is a welcome development cos martins will definately do better and improve the team striking oprtions
Re: Oliseh Recalls Martins, Invites Iheanacho, Aluko For Swaziland Tie by GentleToks(m): 10:48am On Oct 29, 2015
Super Eagle has now changed from South East/Igbo National team to something better. Thank God Oliseh is not Igbo.......
Re: Oliseh Recalls Martins, Invites Iheanacho, Aluko For Swaziland Tie by safarigirl(f): 11:05am On Oct 29, 2015
femi4:
Very shallow statement

Is Nigeria better than US national team?

Check the Stats of last World cup to know how many MLS players were paraded
call it what you please, it's my opinion and your agreement is not needed for it to stand.

I'm not comparing MLS to NPL. I'm advocating for a striker from a FAR better league than MLS, not like I'm asking for Gbolahan Salami, your comparison therefore, is wrong.

Once again, Martins was the wrong call.
Re: Oliseh Recalls Martins, Invites Iheanacho, Aluko For Swaziland Tie by Goke7: 11:05am On Oct 29, 2015
femi4:
Stop it! Who goes into an international match with a single Striker. Stop being sentimental, Matins came in from the bench for Emenike in the era of Keshi.
Any player can sit on the bench depending on the coach tactics (old or new).

Talking about being relevant, do you believe Emenike will experience dip in form just after two yes.

Young players are not immune to loss of form too.

Ballack played till the birth of Ozil and kadirah in 2010

that is what you guys will say now but when the trouble will start between the player and coach, if the coach stops inviting him, you all will be arms blaming the coach. Nigerian fans and the media are the ones who fuel crisis in our national teams. I agree with you certainly that Emenike has dip in form and this is my fear for martins, why don't we just allow the guy enjoy his pension in US and save him from the kind of headaches Emenike had. Younger players loose form and regain form may be due to lack of playing time or injuries but they get back easily to form but that cannot be said of players who are well above 30. Please let's be real, this is about the future.
Re: Oliseh Recalls Martins, Invites Iheanacho, Aluko For Swaziland Tie by adegwurulez(m): 11:07am On Oct 29, 2015
kosplateau:

You do a friendly with Swaziland and want to do battle with Argentina. Smd!
Its a world cup qualifier, not a friendly.
Re: Oliseh Recalls Martins, Invites Iheanacho, Aluko For Swaziland Tie by safarigirl(f): 11:08am On Oct 29, 2015
omoteamac:
you no like awoniyi too?or osimhen?
Awoniyi has barely landed in Germany, let him find his footing before jumping on the next flight back to Nigeria

Osimehn is a small boy, we can consider him in 2 years like Iheanacho. 2018 is a long way ahead
Re: Oliseh Recalls Martins, Invites Iheanacho, Aluko For Swaziland Tie by drmikeadams(m): 11:14am On Oct 29, 2015
For people wey dey underate MLS,,,,Nigeria super eagles no fit beat USA senior team wey consist of all those MLS players.
Re: Oliseh Recalls Martins, Invites Iheanacho, Aluko For Swaziland Tie by ZeezaRapture(m): 11:25am On Oct 29, 2015
blueto:

i feel like giving you a big hug for this post. May God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Oliseh Recalls Martins, Invites Iheanacho, Aluko For Swaziland Tie by kannymoore(m): 11:26am On Oct 29, 2015
safarigirl:

And the bullshit league Emenike plays in nko?

David Villa, kaka, Therry Henry et al have all graced the MLS @ some point in their careers too.

Had any of them beaten Obafemi's goal scoring record in the MLS?

Abeg, Martin deserves that invite more than an Emenike and 80% of Naija strikers right now!

Asides Moses Simon (for trencin) and maybe Ighalo, there's no other there's no other Nigerian player that has carried his team to success the way Martin does for Seattle Sounders.
He has radically evolved from being a speedy goalpoacher to a "playing-making striker".
His dribbling ability, close ball control and passing has tremendously improved by far!

I commend Oliseh for this brave decision.
Re: Oliseh Recalls Martins, Invites Iheanacho, Aluko For Swaziland Tie by biteck(m): 11:30am On Oct 29, 2015
Good move.We want to see a strong and indefatigable team that can hold their own at the world stage.

Re: Oliseh Recalls Martins, Invites Iheanacho, Aluko For Swaziland Tie by front247: 11:31am On Oct 29, 2015
Sweetyie:
Martins Na old man Na. But what can I say. Football age
obagoal is nt suppose to be on d list, but it is okay for aluko and iheanacho

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Oldest And Most Active Female Supporter In The NPFL / Nigeria Finishes 7th Overall And No. 1 In Africa At The 2022 Commonwealth Games / Anthony Joshua's Team "Begging" For Fight - Deontay Wilder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.